Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A royal joke...(ooc and su)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A royal joke...(ooc and su)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jeffrey! on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:33 am

Once upon a time, in a far-away magical land...

We've all heard the fairy tails, I'm sure. How fairies do this, and elves do that. Well, have you ever wondered if we don't have it all wrong? Because, if we do: then maybe we should just fear vampires more, or maybe the ocean isn't as inviting as we once believed...At any rate, today, I think we have the chance to find out. Won't you join me?

Our story, dear child, starts with a war.

And what a terrible war it was. The entire land participated, from the Vampire nation to the east, to the Eleven kingdom of the west, all the way to the Human settlements of the north and the Werewolf clans in the south. It was absolutely everyone. Sure, some of the armies fought differently, some were more merciful than others, but there was bloodshed from all sides. Alliances were formed, people were slaughtered, and the Angels were the ones to end it, after not participating but the last year, they grew tired of the fighting and simply put an end to it. Now, ten years later, the children of the royal families, born during the war, are old enough to wed. Normally, the kings and queens would simply get together with their favored kingdoms to find a suitor for their little prince or princess; but not this time. No, this time the Angels insist that something different be done. The hair to every throne now must meet up in the Kingdom of La Lumière, where the Angels dwell, to find themselves a suitor. This has caused a bit of an uproar, let them choose for themselves?! It's simply unheard of! However, if this condition is not met, the Angels have made it more than clear that they can pull their influences from every kingdom in the land, and that is more than enough convincing for most. However, if they choose nt to choose, or don't like the choices they've been given...Then what will happen?

And then the beautiful princess locked eyes with the prince...

Here we have our lovely cast of characters. I will let you interpret them however you wish, permitting the description of their race, of course.

Dryad Princess. Dryads are tree nymphs and as such are an entirely female race: a child of a Dryad is either born a Dryad, or as the race of the father. There is never a mixture of the two. They are a long-living race, and each is linked to a tree from somewhere in the land and as thus they live all across our fair land, for if their tree dies, so do they and as such they tend to like to be near their tree. Dryads are notoriously shy, except around those they've known for a while, or have observed to be kind to nature. (Open)

Fairy Prince. Fairies are a human-sized, and incredibly beautiful race. Unlike what we're often told, they do not posses wings, rather they fly using their magic. The females are often mistaken for Angels due to their appearance, though their one major difference is Fairies tend to be somewhat translucent- they're solid to the touch, but you can almost see right through them. They are a kindhearted, but mischievous people that have been cursed with an inability to lie, and they hate people thanking them with words alone, they'd much rather you insure their kindness never be forgotten than simply say "Thank you" and forget about them. (Open)

Angel Princess. Angels are the second of the fully-female races, or first, depending on how you look at it. They are radiant, confident, and masters of light magic. It is because of their influences that every kingdom in the land is as fertile and well off as it it, and as such losing their influences would be terrible. They do have wings, and they can fly. They hate the Demons with a passion and have an undying compassion for the Humans, seeing as how fragile and innocent they are. (Sorella)

Werewolf Prince. Basically, Werewolves change in an inhuman, but not quite animal, being during full moons and when extremely angered. They're infamous for their tempers and hatred for humans. (Open)

Merfolk Princess. Put simply, the Merfolk are a race of people that live primarily in water, though they do need water to survive. They often lure sailors out to sea so that they can rip them apart and feed on their flesh. Charming, aren't they? They can survive out of the water, and their tails will turn to a pair of legs once fully dried out, but they need to ingest large amounts of liquid to survive. (That one guy)

Elven Prince. Look, we ain't talking Santa's Elves here. These Elves are tall, sensual and skilled people. They're great at elemental magic and live as one with nature. They just so happen to be faster, stronger, and more agile than humans, but not quite so much as some of the other races. (Open)

Human Princess. Humans are among the most hated of all the peoples in the land. They are the weakest, the slowest, the least intelligent and most prone to being hurt or killed. Though, they are also loved for their ability to love so much it hurts, for their intense imaginations and the fact that no matter where they go, they adapt and survive- something many of the other races simply cannot do. (Open)

Ghost Prince. Ghosts are not dead, they are simply beings that are not fully understood at the time. While, yes, they can walk through solid objects and walls, it is all because of a type of magic that's flowing through their very blood. They are completely translucent, but can be touched and felt if they feel like letting you, and they also do need to eat, and will do so, but they hate hot food, so it much be cooled properly. (Jeffrey!)

Vampire Princess. Vampires love the darkness, direct light from the sun is poison to them, reflected light, not so much. Crosses and Holy Water don't do much to them, they find it funny, actually. Though they can be killed by most anything that would instantly kill a human, otherwise they'll heal up pretty quickly. They need to drink blood to survive, though the type of blood is really just a personal preference. (Madmoiselle)

Demon Prince. Demons are...Well, the opposite of Angels, that's for sure. They can survive anywhere, really, and are just as beautiful as Angels, the only real catch is, they're all male. Masters of dark magic, they're often blamed when anything goes wrong in the world, but the biggest question is: are they really evil, or are they just there to bring balance to the world. Legend says that the Angels and Demons were once one, so why do they hate each other so much, now? (Traveler)

The lore of my people is an interesting one, fair maiden.

This is simply some lore to help you understand our world better.

The top three least trusted races are, 1: Demons, 2: Ghosts, 3: Vampires. It's said that one of these three races started most every war every fought.

The world is thought to have been started when the Angels and Demons entered into the first war ever, there was when they spilt from being one group (often referred to as the Celestials) and went their own ways.

To actually have a Ghost let you see them is a difficult feat, and is said to be a sign of a tender, trustworthy heart.

Crossing paths with a Demon is terrible luck in the eyes of many, and some will go so far as turning around and staying at home for as long as a week so they won't be cursed.

Vampires and Werewolves have fought many wars, so many, in fact, that they don't remember why they hate each other.

A kiss from an Angel is said to bring a long and happy, but difficult life.

Alternatively, a kiss from a Demon is said to bring a short, but powerful and easy life.

Sleeping in the same bed as a Fairy is said to bring sweet dreams.

Though, if said Fairy is angry, it is said to bring nightmares.

Living with a Ghost is believed to ward off sickness by some, and thought to bring it tenfold by others.

Humans are often captured and sold as slaves, especially to the Vampires and Elves.

To say, "He's as sneaky as a Ghost on purification day." Is referring to the one day a year that Ghosts can legally be captured and killed by Werewolves, Vampires and Elves. It's not easy to do, either.

What would your fair laws be, noble king?

1. Romance is not only allowed, but encouraged! Just a thought, though, you shouldn't be madly in love as soon as you look at someone. Sure, crushes happen, but please give relationships time to bloom. Oh, but once romance starts up, don't blind us. Follow rpg's rules, too, love.
2. Not everyone will like each other ic, actually, I'd like it much more if a little drama was going on.
3. Um, be awesome?
4. Electricity doesn't exist yet, so, you know, keep that in mind and stuff.
5. I'm letting you come up with names for the nations (except the Angel's kingdom, I didn't that one for you) and what they believe and such. Have fun with that one.
6. If I've never roleplayed with you before, I'd love a small sample of what you can do, just to insure you'll be a nice fit here, please. Thank you.

Oh! What dress to wear to the ball?

Code: Select all
[left][img]Picture here, I'd prefer realistic, but this is a fantasy rp so I understand needing something different.[/img][/left][i][b]Name:[/i][/b] Be creative, here.
[i][b]Sex:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Age:[/b][/i] Sixteen to nineteen, please.
[i][b]Role:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Appearance:[/b][/i] Because the picture is just to help us out a little on picturing the character.

[i][b]Personality:[/b][/i] Because we want to know your character as well as you do.
[i][b]What do you think about being able to choose your spouse:[/b][/i]
[i][b]History:[/b][/i] What kind of life have you had until now?
[i][b]Extra[/b][/i]

Alright, and that's all. Have fun with this, loves.
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jeffrey!
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: A royal joke...(ooc and su)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traveler on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:37 am

Name:
Xaphan El’Vassago

Sex:
Male

Role:
The Demon Prince

Appearance:
Xaphan stands at a decent height of 6’1”, his confidence allowing him to appear much taller than he actually is. His muscles allow him to release an aura of intimidation throughout a crowd, keeping him from being touched by any unnecessary foreign interference. His dark hair matches the darkness that one would find within such a lost soul, framing his head and sharp-featured face in a way that draws all of the attention to his eyes; the eyes that stared into the faces of thousands of lives that no longer are. These charcoal toned locks drop to slightly below his ears and are often styled out of the way of his eyes so he can smirk at his victims before they realize the fate coming to them. The eyes, oh the eyes. From a distance, his eyes are nothing special, just a peaceful shade of green. However, when looking closer into these deadly irises, one loses their ability to move. His eyes are a mesmerizing shade of emerald that lure in the unwary. It’s part of the reason why he refuses to make eye contact with anyone unless they fit into several specific specifications. His skin tone, often tanned only adds to the seductive appeal of this young man. If his techniques to lure in victims weren’t enough to bring in the bait, his looks would finish the job. All it takes is one little slip for one to want to be with Xaphan. All it takes is one little slip for one to run away for the rest of their lives. All it takes is one little slip to screw everything up beyond all imaginable belief and do the impossible: fall in love with a demon.

Personality:
One might believe that Xaphan is the stereotypical demon. In most cases, this is true. Xaphan has a theory, a theory that has suited him quite well in the past: Everyone, everyone, is a tool to be used. Then, they die. Simple as that. To assume that every life can serve a purpose seems like a fantastic way to look at humanity, though one often doesn’t realize another interpretation of such a theory. Xaphan believes that he can use everyone until they seem to have nothing else to offer, at which point they need nothing but an execution. As if this didn’t seem bad enough, Xaphan has a tendency to play with his victims before letting them go. He likes to watch them squirm. In fact, rarely does anything give him more pleasure than watching someone fall to their lowest point, willing to sell out their friends and family just for a few more years of a miserable and useless life. Such a situation brings out the sinister chuckles. Xaphan had always believed that, with the correct means, any human could fall from their high horse and turn into the chaotic being they always possessed the potential to become. There is no actual order, just a smokescreen that needs to be lifted. As soon as these false illusions of peace falter, humanity shall reach its actuality. He assumes that it is his duty to spread his dogmatic visions, and he’s willing to do anything in order for those who survive his wrath to open their eyes to the reality they’ve been hiding from for so long. If he must flirt shamelessly, then leave unexpectedly, to give a girl the heartbreak she needed to harden, he will. If he must kill a baby in order for a mother to understand how to let go, he will. If he must burn down a forest to promote the power of the uncontrolled, he will. If he must wreak havoc across a town for them to learn to take caution, he will. It’s rarely easy to stop a man on a mission, and Xaphan is no exception.

And yet, Xaphan isn’t always out to create pandemonium. There are few things in this world that Xaphan genuinely cares for. Yet, when he comes across one, something softens within him. Regardless of what anyone else says or does, he will defend what he cares for until the end. All it takes is effort to engrain oneself on Xaphan’s dormant heart. Once there, there’s no turning back. He will treasure them forever, giving them the treatment he believes they deserve, and then some. However, in order to even get remotely close to Xaphan, one must approach him while he’s vulnerable.

What do you think about being able to choose your spouse:
Xaphan has a problem with being forced into a marriage at all. Why be told to spend one’s entire life with someone? Sure, it would be worse if not given a choice at all, but isn’t it possible to rule without the aid of a wife? He could easily just leave the whole “reproduction” issue to his fellow demons. They could easily grab a woman and have a child. It would be much easier than waiting for this whole “marriage” thing to work out. He’s pretty sure that he won’t find anyone remotely close to his likings while out amongst the other royals, so why waste his time?

History:
Xaphan was born to Lamentia and Oboras El’Vassago in the volcanic wasteland home of the demons, Makai. He lived in a world of luxury. Everything he’d ever need was provided to him. Well, until his parents were caught in a bit of a scandal with taking money out of the royal treasury during the war. The people had always wondered how they could afford all of the extra additions to their palace when the majority of the land was suffering from starvation due to the infertility of the soil. Oh well. They were bound to be caught in one of their many devious acts anyway. All demonic royalty went through the same trials and tribulations. At least they weren’t conspiring with those disgusting Angels.

Ever since the divergence of their species, the Angels have always acted superior to the demons. Like many of their kind, Xaphan has had a prejudice against Angels engrained into his very being since birth. It wasn’t made any better by the fact that the Angels lived in a wonderland while the demons had to tolerate living in a world of constant danger from volcanoes and little to no ability to produce any of their own food. At least there was decent soil after each eruption, but that would only last so long. Damn Angels. They even had their species name capitalized. The demons? Nope. They weren’t “decent” enough to deserve a capital name. Xaphan, although never actually affected by the Angels, always thought of them as the goody-two-shoes monsters that refused to allow nature to follow its course.

Yet, Xaphan would never be the same if it hadn’t been for those 11 years in exile. He learned more about his instincts and self sufficiency than anyone would have ever expected. With his free time, he experimented in the forests around the other empires, attempting to catch tougher and tougher game to provide for his family and the few friends they maintained during their fall from their high social status. Xaphan located plants that could survive the variable surfaces of Makai, always searching for food and medicinal goods. Contrary to popular belief, demons are creatures of science and research. No matter what, they want to get further and further ahead with technology. Although this is usually towards the defense of their land or the production of weaponry, their advancements in the medicinal and chemical fields have paved the way for a new sense of civilization, especially when the Angels lose their grasp on order and chaos breaks out through all of the kingdoms.

At age 18, Xaphan was more than ready enough to start his own life outside of his family; then they were brought back into power when Oboras decided to decapitate his replacement of nearly 12 years. This sent Xaphan into a persistent rage. So close to having his own life, and he’s thrown back into the hierarchy of the demons, burdened with the responsibility of being the heir to a throne that hasn’t held a consistent ruler more than 15 years maximum and has been the cause of more bloodshed than the Vampiric community. Now, a year later, he’s calmed down only in the slightest and continuously looks for ways to overthrow the legacy of his father, a failure as a King. When Xaphan is King, he’ll hold his position. The people will respect him, for he will treat himself as one of them. Or, at least, that’s what he tells himself. His past, however, might keep him from being that perfect ruler. A wife will only make it worse.

Extra
Xaphan has an oddly musical side to him. His voice is velvety, he can play the piano almost mesmerizingly, and his ability to turn the basic sounds of nature into a marvellous work of music is worth the consistent envy. If only he’d release this side more often. Too bad. Perhaps he could turn your bones into a flute.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Traveler
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madmoiselle on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:54 pm

ImageName: Vivian "Noir" Vivaldi
Sex: Female
Role: Vampire Princess
Appearance: Noir is someone who you might catch a glimpse of for merely a second and already be captured by her. A relatively tall girl, reaching the height of five feet, eight inches, with a slim but still curvy enough build.If you were to ask her what her favorite feature of her's was, you would probably receive a look that would say "piss off", or a simple shrug before she turned from you. Though she wouldn't tell you, the only thing she values or considers pretty about herself is two light gray eyes she has. Storm clouds on a windy November morning is what they resemble. The same eyes her father had..In all other capacities she bears a strong resemblance to her Mother,starting with the long silky black hair that reaches down to mid area of her back. It's usually left alone, simply hanging there in simple waves that tend to bounce as she walks, giving a extreme contrast of color around her cream colored flesh. She is a Vampire so it's only natural she's a bit pale.
Her views on clothing are...the bigger the better, and it better not be white. Anything with lace is alright, as long as she doesn't look like a doily. Pink? Normally people wouldn't associate that particular color with Vampires, but she doesn't mind it. Dresses and skirts are just easier to be in then pants. Though if she's preparing for a night of fighting or anything else of the sort, pants are the choice of the day. Not that she enjoys stereotypes, but black is indeed her favorite color. She can't help it, it's just easier to blend in with after all, and everything matches with it....besides orange but UGH don't get her started on that color.

Personality: Bitch and bloodthirsty. That would be the words every other race would have used and considered Vampires being. Noir is nothing like that (well maybe the second one..). She's a bit cold to people she doesn't know,but that doesn't make her a bitch. If you treat her with respect and common courtesy, you'll receive the same no matter what race you are.Elf,human,fairy, and all the others. At the end of the day everyone bleeds just the same so why should they be treated any different?Well ghosts do- oh never mind that. Point being she's a fair and equal type, who won't shun a good person even if rules and "unspoken" words dictate they shouldn't like each other. She can be considered somewhat of a rebellious type as well. Why wouldn't she be with the body and mind she's been given? Rules were meant to be broken, and as long as she can walk and talk, they will be.

On a different note, she really is caring and although a bit...abrasive at times she does show affection and love to those she feels for. Feelings are a bit hard to deal with for her, seeing as how humans and others tend to look down on the while blood-drinking thing. She tends to shut off most emotions when she can. Life in her opinion, is just somewhat easier that way without feelings and such ruining things.Noir is a rather....secretive girl. She isn't the type to blurt out her deepest thoughts or any sort of secret even to a good friend. She doesn't have much confidence with men, and while it may surprise some people, it is indeed true.Sure she can act normal around boys, maybe even flirtatious if there's a need for it. But actually boys interested in her for something besides her looks? She's never found or heard of one.

Noir doesn't really care about this whole "marriage" thing everyone's going on about.Could she make a big fuss about it and ruin some lives?Probably.Will she? Probably not. One thing's for sure, she is NOT marrying someone whose bubbly. If the Kingdoms has any sense of humor she would probably be forced to marry a Werewolf. Oh joy oh joy...
History: Noir's life has been a rather simple one.Despite being viewed as a bloodsucking monster of course, she had a good childhood full of many fun and dear memories. Her father, Christophe, and her mother , Soprana both loved her dearly and took great care in granting her everything her little heart desired. Violin, piano, and even dance lessons were all the things Noir was proud to be able to learn. She wished to grow up and become a great beauty like her mother, and a talented and wise man much like her father. Most of those childish fantasies quickly disappeared the night the Werewolves attacked.

She was twelve, and without a care in the world. She had slept through the morning sun and had barely awoken to twilight when she heard a loud crash in the parlor room. Her father, lying dead in a pool of bright red blood while a large Werewolf crouched over him, his large black nose and the fur around it spotted with her fathers blood. Before she could cry out or even try herself to kill the creature, her mothers soft arms quickly wrapped around her and at a blinding speed they were racing off downstairs into the basement while the rest of the guard dealt with the Were beast. It was then when realization hit her. They were not living in a perfect world. People would try to hurt her and her family if she let them. After that, her Mother ruled over the Vampire race alone, taking no other husband despite the advice of the vampire Counsel.

Years after, Noir's less had stopped and instead of dance and piano she began focusing on learning more in the area of diplomacy. Now with talk of marriage and intermingling with another race, diplomacy has gone to a whole new level with her. She just isn't sure if she likes it...or hates it yet.

Extra
    Noir absolutely hates talking for long periods of time
    She loves running with no purpose behind it.
    Dancing in the rain is a way of relaxing to her.
    Werewolves are the only race she takes issue with.

Madmoiselle
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:02 pm

ImageName:Fleur Marie Licht
Role: Angel Princess
Appearance: Fleur is quite a tall female. She's about the height of five foot ten inches and quite slim as well. Just taking one look at her you can tell she may seem delicate but in all reality she's not that delicate.Fleur has blonde wavy hair that flows down to just above her chest. Her skin color is very light and pale which help her dark brown eyes show more. Her eyes being a deep dark brown attract most people into her attention and will allow her to keep focus if eye contact is being shown correctly with her. Her arms are quite long and so are her legs making it a balance. As for her form it's nothing too nice to look at but looks shouldn't always matter. Fleur does have wings yes indeed but they only appear if she wants others to see them and if a reflection is shown her wings wont be in it. So in most cases she does look like a normal human. She can also hide her wings and have them either magically grow out or roll them up and some how hide them. Her wings are huge and if you were to compare them to her body they are so much larger then you'd think they would be. They are pure white and have a magically protective coat so they always stay the nice white color they are. One thing she doesn't have is a halo. No that's just something the other races had probably made up. Fleur has a nice radiant vibe to her. She seems to attract people with her strong loving aurora that is warm and welcoming. As for her lips they are a nice soft light pink that stands out a bit on her pale face and works well with the brown eyes. When ever she smiles it often brings out the light in most things. In general she sends off a great vibe.

Personality: Cheery, Beautiful, and Loving may seem like the words to come out of others mouths. That isn't true though Fleur is not just another pretty face and she ins't cheery and loving all the time if anything she can be quite the bitch. She'll tell you straight out what she thinks and wont hesitate to say it either. She does care though if she hurts you but she just has to say what is on her mind she can't keep things rolling around in her mind for too long other wise she starts to screech a deadly screech. Once it happened and it just so happened it killed two fellow angels of hers. An angel is unpredictable to be more right on how they act. They're all over the place. One moment they could be all happy and giggly then the next they could be in rage. Then there are some things that would shock you that she has done. She's unpredictable yes but very good with masking who she is exactly. Perhaps a master at it. She's very secretive and may even give you false information. You can't trust her too much because she makes the lies all sound like the actual truth she even makes her self seem innocent yet she's not that innocent at all quite the opposite. She likes to cause things just to get entertainment but then she can frame things on someone else. Of course they believe it. Fleur isn't that sweet girl she's all cracked up to be.

She even finds it hard to trust others to be quite honest. She can't stand others who trust so easily and Fleur thinks that sometimes it's easier to just be faithful and trusting to one person your self. Maybe she does all these things for protection? Or maybe it's all for enjoyment but who's to know she doesn't even know. Fleur will stop these habits to those she trusts but she hasn't trusted many maybe one person or a few but not many at all.
What do you think about being able to choose your spouse: Fleur loves the idea of being able to pick your own spouse. She's a strong believer in true love and finds it wonderful that now they can choose who they want and grow closer with each other. Not to be mean or anything one prince she will not marry is the demon prince. Her race is supposed to hate them and for some odd reason she has no reason has to why this is.
History: Fleur's life has been both difficult and easy at the same time like most times life has it's ups and downs. Fleur can usually get the attention she needs and wants and then comes the time when she wants to feel loved but she hardly gets that feeling. Growing up her mother had never exactly loved her. You see Fleur was apparently a bad angel and a disgrace to all the angels but that wasn't true she was just a bit different then the others and her mother apparently knew nothing. So that makes Fleur wonder if she'll end up like her mother. Fleur's grandmother had taken her in after her mother kicked her out of their place.

Living with her grandmother wasn't so bad as a it may have seemed with her only being the age of ten. Fleur had always looked up to her grandmother seeing as her grandmother was even more like her. Apparently an angel like them were more difficult to find but Fleur knew so many that were like her if you got to know them. Fleur grew up hating her mother and never had that special bond with her mother that most daughters and mothers do have instead she had that bond with her grandmother instead. Fleur had made the best of every situation. She learned to sing and dance from her grandmother and because of her grandma Fleur's wings were able to be controlled and handled at a young age so problems didn't occur later on with them. When Fleur had turned thirteen her grandmother died.

The worst day of her life was before her grandmother died actually. Her grandmother had actually grown sick and it happened for no reason at all. Most angels thought it was the demons doing but Fleur didn't see how that was possible because the demons weren't close to them but it's said dark magic could have caused it but that's a load of horse crap to her and it more then likely to be a lie but no one believe's her of course.

Fleur had started to act the way she does today after a year her grandmother was dead. Soon enough she was brought back into her home with her mother. She hates it though and mostly ignores her mother but is confident in her self that she'll go farther then what her mother thinks she will. Fleur is very determined to prove her mother that she is right and that she'll have a great life and a better one then her mother. Fleur though did enjoy being around her older sister Dallia who had came back with her husband for a good while and her and Dallia grew closer. Soon enough though Fleur got a little sister Endra.

Fleur considered this to be an alright family and past.
Extra: She actually sort of doesn't mind demons but no one knows this at all and no one will ever know it.

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jeffrey! on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:19 pm

ImageName: Quade Ace Murireann
Sex: Male
Role: Ghost Prince
Appearance: Quade stands at just under six feet tall and is honestly quite thin, but has't yet reached things on the more lanky side, he never really does much in the area of physical labor. Though, that's not to say he's weak or anything, but he's a Ghost, he doesn't really need rippling muscles or anything like that to strike fear into people's hearts. He has very pale skin, he really doesn't absorb much sunlight...He is translucent, how could he, really? But, um, yeah, pair his pale skin with light brown eyes that always seem to have some sort of something hiding in them and you get an interesting picture. His hair is brown and curly, it's short, not that he has much of a choice on it. He's a prince, he'll do whatever the hell his mother wants him to do with his hair. Quade has a fairly handsome face if you can get past the fact that he's a ghost. His eyes are expressive, his jaw is strong and his lips are full and always seem to be curled up into a smile. It's more than just him liking to smile, too, it's simply the shape of his lips. He likes to wear simple garments, a plain pair of pants and a tunic of some sort will suit him, though his favorite color is red, so he wears it a lot.

Personality: When you think, "ghost" the first thing that may come to mind is some sort of sneaky bastard, right? Well, that's not quite right, see, Quade loves to be seen, loves to be heard, loves to be noticed. He's often upset because he feels like people just look straight through him (which, well, they do. I mean, he's a ghost...) He's loud, boisterous and just so happens to love himself a good party. Ah, yes, and he loves the ladies. Heh, flirting is a fun way to pass the time, yeah? Really, give him any girl (except a dryad, like, he's not racist or anything but they kind of freak him him.) and he guaranties he can get them to notice him before long, and honestly, whether they'll admit it or not, most women are flattered when a ghost flirts with them, because, honestly, he could be in the bedroom of much more beautiful woman than them and they wouldn't even know it. That said, though, Quade really is a romantic at heart. He wants to find a queen to work with, serve and love for the rest of his life, he's actually willing to change for the right woman. He really is loving and he feels, so much more deeply than anyone would think a ghost could, which is weird to him, because every ghost he knows feels things as deeply as he does. Every word said to him has the ability to make or break his day, it doesn't matter if it's at simple as "hello" or as complex as, "by the gods why are ghosts so damned creepy" he takes it all to heart. Though, you know, he's just the type of person to turn around and grab a drink to wash away pain, he hasn't really learned to deal with it any other way.
What do you think about being able to choose your spouse: Quade loves the idea! Maybe, just maybe, he'll be able to end up with a gorgeous girl that actually doesn't think he's a creepy monster! Oh, and trust me, he's gonna try and get the most beautiful girl there, both inside and out.
History: As a child, Quade was extremely susceptible to illness, there were times when it was thought that the only heir to the throne would simply "fade out." His parents, fearing for his life, pretty much locked him away during the war, tried to get him well. They tried everything, from herbs, to magic, they even got one of their angelic friends to try and heal him, but nothing seemed to work. It didn't effect anyone as deeply as it did the queen, and she'd often spend long days by his bedside, trying to convince her son that he'd be okay, even if he was already fading. That taught him what truly make a beautiful woman, the kind that really cares and will never, ever give up on her loved ones just because it seems hopeless. Well, after years of nothing, one of the remedies the king and queen tried began to work, and their eight-year-old son started to get well! It was a joyous day and if the kingdom weren't in the middle of the war, they would've celebrated.

Sadly enough, though, the king was soon lost to that very war, and the very day before it's end, too. The queen and young prince mourned his loss for months never had Quade felt such pain, such hopelessness. His father was dead, killed by the hand of a vampire. He knew it just had to be, simply because very few nations actually had swords that could harm a ghost, the vampire kingdom was one of the few. Quade started to try and counteract his pain, but nothing seemed to work right, nothing made it feel better. He hated that. He couldn't bring the man back, so he'd simple have to learn to be the best king he could be in his absence. And while it's hard at times, it's all going to be worth it in the end.
Extra
    Quade actually hates the dark.
    Horses freak him out a little.
    He loves grapes.
    Though, he hates cheese.

Jeffrey!
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:52 am

Image Name: Evelyn Adelaide Hansen
Role: Human Princess
Appearance: Evelyn is 5'7, a little taller then some other girls her age. She's got a fine figure, one that does attract attention at times. Wavy honey blonde hair frames her face. Her hazel eyes, are something that people glance more then once at. She's always off in her own little world, her eyes glazed over dreamily. Or they are filled with confusion, which is a lot of the time. Her skin isn't too pale, but she bruises very easily which is unfortuante for someone as clumsy as she is. Her knees are almost permeantly grazed and she's given up on trying to hide it. Everyone know she is clusmy anyway. There's either an Image affectionate smile or a confused pout pulling at her lips.Evelyn dresses rather nice, but she tends to go for shorter dresses beause she forever trips over the end of her long dresses. She likes to attract attention with what she wears, mainly because she doesn't get much postive attention with anything else she does, it's mainly negative. She is human afterall. There's only so much she can do...right?

Personality: Little Miss Forgetful. Evelyn has trouble remembering things which is why you'll often find curly cursive scribbles on her hand. Evie is one of those people that can trip over thin air. She's so used to it that she just gets up and continues, most of the time. No tears, just annoyance. And a few bruises. Evelyn hates fighting. She's not good at it, at all. She's weak, you could say. She has trouble stucking up for herself. Evie is not the brightest crayon in the carton. She tries, she really does but unfortunatly the blonde sterotype seems to stick to Evelyn, almost like it's written on her forehead in big bold flashing letters. Evelyn's a massive day dreamer. It's almost like she just sits there, her chin in the palm of her hand and glazed over her eyes. She drifts in and out of daydreams very easily, and has trouble paying attention. Daydreaming is her escape. She dreams about running away, singing, picking flowers and going for walks. Evie gets annoyed when people interupt her daydreams, but the annoyance doesn't last long. Evelyn is such a hopeless romantic, that people sometimes groan her when she starts babbling away. She finds romance absloutly adorable and likes to be loving where ever she can. Hugs are her thing, definetly. If she's down, give her a hug and her spirits will lift. Evie is very good at imagaining things to do. She many not be very intelligent but she can easily come up with solutions to small problems. Evelyn's got an adventourous side and makes the best of her surroundings, when needed. She's a bit of a water baby and adores swimming, and gets very excited about it.

As Evelyn is a hopeless romantic, she finds this wonderful. She would love to be able to choose her own person to cuddle with or daydream about it. As a human, she gets the lower chances, but she can always be hopeful and dream about it.

History: What kind of life have you had until now?

Extra
- Evelyn can't eat too much dairy, as she is intolerant to it.
- She's absloutely terrified of thunderstorms.
- Evie's fond of fresh fruit.
- She sings to herself when she feels lonely.

- editing <3
Last edited by RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jeffrey! on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:24 pm

RaeRae, I'm just gonna throw this out here: I don't think your character is gonna fit in well with our setting... thank you for the edits.

Jeffrey!
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traveler on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Oh hey guys...

Traveler
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:19 am

Oh hai der! :3

I missed you traveler! :D

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traveler on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:01 pm

I missed you too! I'm really tempted to create another character just so that we can get this thing on the road.

Traveler
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Is this dead? :c If not, I'd like to try for the Fairy Prince...

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traveler on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Go for it! We were simply waiting on a few more characters in order to join.

Traveler
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Ah, alright. I'll be working on a char sheet then. Thanks :)

Name: Ryder Aryll Lockwood
Sex: Male
Role: Fairy Prince
Appearance: Ryder stands at a height of 5 feet and 4 inches, weighing approximately 140 pounds. It is true that he is a little bit on the small side, but just a look into his stunning crystal blue eyes of his are said to make up for all that. A creamy - almost flawless - completion is another thing that is quite popular for him. Of course, it really is only popular among the ladies. He has an average sized frame, wide shoulders, and strong muscular hands. Ryder - to any extent - isn't buff, but has enough strength in him to make it work for him when he needs to. A strong prominent jaw line, with haunting rosy pink lips is another trait of his, as well as his blond hair with specs of brown in it every now and then. His ears are slightly pointed as a result of his being, but not exactly as noticeable as one would think they would be.When he's angry, Ryder's dark blue eyes are said to darken and his lips close into an unflattering scowl or frown. His brows furrow angrily as well, and don't usually change until he's happy again. You can say that when he's angry, Ryder doesn't exactly look like himself. He has a small splotch of a birthmark on the insides of his wrists, and another on his left shoulder. He likes to wear earthy colors, such as dark greens and browns, and is usually seen wearing just that.
Personality: Loud; Social; Mischievous - these are all words that one may use to describe Ryder. He loves making new friends, and is a huge social butterfly. He enjoys taking chances and is the person who will leap head-over-heals into taking adventures. Well, not really adventures per say, but taking risks none the less. He is also a bit careless and does things without thinking, often gaining enemies or getting people not to like him. When it comes to things like this, Ryder could care less. He is pretty judgmental himself, and to him first impressions are everything. He isn't nervous about his first outlook, because he's pretty confident in his looks and charisma, but looks to judge other people upon first meeting them. Another trait of his is how Ryder never fails to forget anything. He has picture perfect memory. He hates liars, because usually what they lie about retains in his memory as solid evidence. He would forgive you for making the mistake, however, because nobody was perfect, but what you did will always stay in his mind. He likes to be repaid back by something more than just words, and expects you to be in his debt because he'd done such a giving thing. His egotistical side of him comes out in this way, and usually you would see just how highly Ryder thinks of himself. Another unfavorable trait of his, eh? Ryder has tons.
What do you think about being able to choose your spouse: Ryder doesn't mind it. Actually, he finds it pretty interesting. He isn't in any rush to get married, since he's fine in the position he's in right now, but looks to it as a good way to get out of everything in the future. He isn't afraid of commitment, but is willing to commit if he's serious about a person and really likes them. The arrangement makes his choice for a spouse much wider, which he loves because he's getting quite bored with all the fairy woman. He wants to explore different type of people, and welcomes the proposal with open arms. The most important trait Ryder looks in women, however, is the ability to make him laugh. He loves taking chances and opening new doors, so a spouse like that would make him fall for the person instantly.
History: Ryder was born almost twenty years ago, a warm sunny spring day, to Elise and Joseph Lockwood. Ryder was their only child, so even as a baby, they constantly spoiled and pampered him almost giving him whatever he wanted. Whether it was a brand new toy, a new gadget or video game - anything. Of course, their family wasn't rich. Whatever they bought for their son often took a toll in their budget, and they were constantly struggling with finances. However, the both of them thought it was worth it. The family lived in a small cabin in the woods, surrounded by the smell of pine, fresh fruit, and berries. It wasn't rare to find a fairy family living in the forest like that at the time. Ryder's father worked in the village selling goods, while his mother worked at home as a housewife. Growing up, she was often the one taking care of him, and one of Ryder's fondest memories was of her singing or humming to herself when she'd put him to sleep. She loved to sew and tend after the mini garden in front of their home, often chasing around her son to help her out. Unlike his mother, his father was a strict man and high expectations for his only son. Knowing of his good looks, he often expected him to one day work in high class. He was going to be the one responsible to fix their financial problems one day, his father often used to joke.

To his father's distaste, his son grew to be quite a play boy with almost no trace of manners. Even as a young teen, he was surrounded by girls and learned to use his looks to his advantage. He had already grown to the charming personality we know him to have today. Angry at his son's behavior, his father threatened to disown him. That seemed to work, because almost immediately the day after Ryder changed his personal. He grew dark, reserved, and almost always kept to himself. He didn't say a work to anyone, not even his parents, and went on day after day almost not doing anything. Around the time Ryder turned fifteen, his father had gotten sick. Ryder found his father one day coming home from school, vomiting over the toilet and retching up pretty much everything he ate. He called his mother and brought him to the hospital. His blood pressure had dropped drastically, and his father's skin was almost as white as a ghost. His father had fallen ill during the time of the war, and almost because of that wasn't able to get any help. He died a couple of days after.

Ryder's mother wept for days alone in her room. The burial of his father occurred the day after his death, and his mother hadn't gotten a chance to say a proper goodbye. She wasn't even there when he had been on his death bed. Ryder shun himself in his room for week's after his dad died, not speaking to anyone, and only responding to the food his mother placed by his door every evening. Now, that budget was tight they could only afford one meal a day. Ryder came out of his room about two months later almost a new man. A revelation came over him. He started working in the village, taking the same job his father did and earned almost the same. He put up with his family's financial problem, and was almost capable to turn it all around. He didn't even mention the fact that he father was gone and acted almost completely normal. Another thing that changed in him was the fact that Ryder reverted back to his old self; his flirtatious, sly, mischievous being. When asked about his father, Ryder would just shrug the question off. He wouldn't avoid it, but wouldn't answer anything about it either. Up until now, Ryder's mother still doesn't know what came over her son when he was inside his room for those two months - and Ryder would like to keep it that way.
Extra
    - Ryder hates cold weather
    - He's allergic to seafood
    - He doesn't like furry animals
    - He can't stand waiting for too long

Finished; finally. <3
Last edited by swishandflicker on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traveler on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:51 am

Take your time, we are waiting on a few people to return to us. It's looking good so far. If you'd like anything to base your character off of, I have a link to the original roleplay.

Traveler
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:42 am

SWISHY!!!!!!!!! <3 I missed you so much Swishy! :3

I have been really busy lately, hardly been on Rpg. I have been too focused on a hunger games forum and making my devious plans to strike down some people. I'm also a senior mod there :/ so I have lots that I have to do.

Caille
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Haha, Ashy! <3 I missed you more!!

Where is everyone? Everyone's gone now. The forum roleplay's here are almost none existent now. :'(

You have a hunger games forum? :D I've been hunting down new rping sites, but I haven't found anything worthwhile yet.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traveler on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:22 pm

You know everyone, Ashy! Such a social butterfly.

Traveler
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Hunger games? Aaaah :D

By the way, Hi everyone :)

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey, RaeRae! I don't know if you remember me, but we had a ton of 1x1s like a year (?) ago in my old account. I think it was xxLilly? Whatever, the 'I'm Only Me When I'm With You' one I know we used to do together. 'Dunno if you remember though... x3
Awks.

ANYWAY. I'm slowly working on my character sheet. Jeffy hasn't been online though and I'm scared the rp won't get off the ground because of that. <-- Making my stamina decrease.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traveler on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:05 pm

If Jeffy isn't on, I can start. I'm good at starting things. And my character is obnoxious enough to get it rolling. He'll make everyone look better. Jeffy will come back soon enough. No one can stay away for too long.

Traveler
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!