Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

RPG Member Dictionary!

a topic in Forum Games, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Fun games to pass the time!

RPG Member Dictionary!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm

And so it came to me after a most hilarious chat convo...

The Roleplay Gateway Member Dictionary Game

I thank Parabola for being witty enough to shove this idea into my head. Here is how it all started in chat:

Parabola says: Shush, Oreo!
Orestiad says: I am not Oreo!
CHain_Way says: Mmmmm Oreos
Parabola says: Yes you are!
CHain_Way says: No
CHain_Way says: You're a type of rock.
Orestiad says: I am a nymph!
Parabola says: 'cause she's so dense. >:(
CHain_Way says: Which is so much better, Ore.
Orestiad says: <--- Nymph!
CHain_Way says: Rock!
Orestiad says:
In Greek mythology, an Oread or Orestiad (Ὀρεάδες / Όρεστιάδες from ὄρος, "mountain") was a type of nymph that lived in mountains, valleys, ravines. They differ from each other according to their dwelling: the Idae were from Mount Ida, Peliades from Mount Pelia, etc. They were associated with Artemis, since the goddess, when she went out hunting, preferred mounts and rocky precipices.

Parabola says:
In modern day literature and culture, an Oread or Orestiad is a type of user on a site known as 'Roleplay Gateway' that can and should be referred to as Oreo, just to annoy it.

Cloasse says:
"Parabola, being a common mathematics term, should be automatically hated on sight."

The game is quite simple really, all you need to is insert witty definition for user or user name. Be silly. Don't get rude. This is supposed to be all in good fun. If you think it may offend someone, don't post it!
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Re: RPG Member Dictionary!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:41 pm

abedlamsun

bed·lam   [bed-luhm]
–noun
1. a scene or state of wild uproar and confusion.

sun   [suhn]
–noun
3.a self-luminous heavenly body; star.

a·bed·lam·sun; a giant fireball in space that causes wild uproar and confusion. Also known as Bed, a piece of furniture upon which or within which a person sleeps, rests, or stays when not well. This is his most common use.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Morbin.
More: the wanting of more, having more.
Bin: A type of holding thing.

Morbin: A user on Roleplay Gateway who's nickname is Virgin, because of his unfortunate fact that his nickname looks like Morbid.
-- Really, the story is quite fascinating.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Saken

Sake: a Japanese, alcoholic beverage made from rice.

Inn: an establishment where travellers can procure food, drink and lodging.

Saken- Asian building where people can drink...

((That makes no sense.. Oh, well...))

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:42 pm

Litria Death

Lit·tree·ah—Deth
A member of RPG that cannot make witty definitions for Saken, and thus gets her own in return. Though she does prove promising in her attempt at good humor. Commendation is to be noted and taken.

Saken
say·kin
A member of RPG that moans at the sight of morbid natures, gruesome acts, and rotting flesh. Why this unnatural event occurs, scientists and physiologists have yet to prove.
Last edited by Prose on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Pseudosyne

SOO-doh-sain
An administrator of the popular roleplaying site RolePlayGateway.com who is a falsified sine graph.

Patch

PECH
A member of the popular roleplaying site RolePlayGateway.com who is best used to cover up blemishes or imperfections on clothing.

RedPinkCyanOrange

rehd-peenk-SAI-an-AH-ranj
A member of the popular roleplaying site RolePlayGateway.com whose appearance resembles an excessively bright interval on the electromagnetic spectrum. Believed to be color-confused.

Maestro

MAI-stroh
A member of the popular roleplaying site RolePlayGateway.com known for her mastery of the fine arts, specifically music.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Ylanne
Pronounced Why-Lain
A question asked by members of Roleplaygateway whenever Cloasse steals their flaming oreos.

Conumbra
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Remæus

re·may·us
Creator and Administrator Lead of RPG, not to be confused with Administrator. Often times known as Eric, his mortal vessel of Earth, the realm of IRL; donner of Red Coloured name in cyberspace. The great neutral party.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:35 pm

It's pronounced ee-LAHN. First syllable is basically the English letter "e", and the second syllable is identical to the second syllable of "Mulan". Emphasis is on the second syllable. It's a Hebrew name usually spelled Elan or Ilan, and it means oak tree.

Ahem.

Conumbra
koh-NOOM-brah
A member of the popular roleplay site RolePlayGateway.com who is constantly hiding in the shadows. (Con - with; Umbra - dark or shadow)

CriminalMinds
CREAM-een-all-MAYNDZ
A member of the popular roleplay site RolePlayGateway.com who tastes good with coffee or tea.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:38 pm

E-Lahn.
A member of RPG who knows how to hurt you, and hurt you good.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Ylanne
ee-LAHN
A member of the popular roleplay site RolePlayGateway.com who is constantly in a state of confusion about the comments others make about her.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:41 pm

(Oh, haha, I thought it was different... Lol, yeah...)

BloodIce17

BEE-lud-Eye-sah-SEV-Enn-teen

A member of RPG that hates being called by her username.

Kravos

Kay-RAV-ose

A member of RPG that actually tries to make RPs live.

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Myrin
My-Rin
A member of RPG who tries to consume you at any chance, fear her.

Kronos.
Kroh-Nohs.
A member of RPG chat who likes to beat up on poor Sakens and nekos!

Saken!
Say-Kin
A member of Role Play Gateway who ins unfairly accused of being mentally unstable!

Saken
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:53 pm

Saarai

suh·rye [edit: fixed]
Member of RPG who controls the infamous and famous lady charmer of Gambit's Bar; Johnny Izumi. He is also notorious as a member for making the character chat fail, or CCF. Using one character to add another character's perspective.
Last edited by Prose on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x_Sunny_x on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Litria Death
Lit·tree·ah—Deth
A member of RPG who I will love forever for they're explination of BloodIce17- I mean Blood.
You know the girls bring the boys out..
my tumblr? wat?

x_Sunny_x
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:06 pm

...you do know I read this right? -.- I just read, I don't participate though. :P
Hey, that's a post!

Kagerou
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Sato
AKA ViceVersus

Saw-Toe (see right)

Saw -- 1. Verb: Past tense of see (see: see) 2. Noun: Tool
Toe -- 1. Noun: Those five wiggly things at the end of each foot

Sato -- 1. Verb: To see a toe 2. Noun: A toe-shaped tool

*See Also* -- Satophail

She's also a really awesome mate, but I can't get soppy, because if I get soppy then I'll cry and no one wants to see Lain crying.

It's a heartbreaking thing to witness.

ily, Sato.
Last edited by Cloasse on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cloasse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:37 pm

AzricanRepulic
az·ree·can—ree·pub·lick
MIA member of RPG; aka grandad. Notorious for raiding the bar with his RADOS crazy gunmen at unknown intervals. All hail his return, however temporary. Is also known to be a lover of sandwiches with a special ingredient.

DreamingForever
dree·me·ing—four·ev·er
Member of RPG that is well known for stalking Orestiad, and holding a name that suggests a permanent state of dreaming.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x_Sunny_x on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:04 pm

BloodIce17
Blud-eye-suh-seh-vehn-teen (???)
A violent member of RPG who likes to hurt other people... With other people..

xFerretGirlTheThirdx
Ex-fair-et-girl-the-third-ex (...)
1. An awesome member of RPG who likes Ferrets.
2. ..The third FerretGirl?

x_Sunny_x
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Fruity Loops of Pain
fru·tee·loops—uhv—pay·n
The newest member of RPG at the time of this current post. Consists of sugary sweetness used for breakfast food, which causes extensive amounts of pain. Beware. Caution is to be taken when approaching this member.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!