Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

I set my clocks early 'cause I know I'm always late [ic]

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: I set my clocks early 'cause I know I'm always late [ic]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:52 am

"Sam, I know... I know it's wrong to have done this. I couldn't possibly do this to Keller in a lifetime, but here I am, with you here right now. All we can do for now is... Is try to enjoy the moment. I can't promise you a lifetime of happiness for as long as I'm in love with two men, but I can promise to stay with you if you need me the most. And right now, I think you need me more than you'll ever know."
She sighed, pangs of regret hitting her over and over again like knives being plunged into her flesh over and over again. "Let's try and make the most of this month, Sam. We don't have much choice. That's all the time I can give for you, because I know Keller doesn't want to see your face, and you his."

"What? Is it something about Keller? Or your daughter? Something that's going to put more stress on top of this entire situation?"

Oh, no.

"N-no, it's not about Keller. Or Dana. It's about... PJ." Her hold on him loosened a bit, and she looked up at him with worry and fear in her face. "I just... I just feel like we have to talk about this now. I can't hold it in much longer. I know you love her so much, just as me and CJ do. But she's as much my sister as she is yours."

She cringed slightly and awaited the worst. "Half-sister, to be exact."

"I just wanted to say that this was the reason why I said no to you," she said regretfully.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Sam couldn't believe this. It was happening all over again; the exact same thing. The feeling of love and adoration and happiness, the feeling of anger, guilt and regret, and then finally, the feeling of loss, despair and sadness. He didn't want to loose her again, he couldn't; he wouldn't survive. Not again. The last time, it had nearly killed them both and he wasn't going to let that happen again. But what other options did he have? She was telling him, right now, that she loved Keller, as well as him, and that whatever was going on between them was going to have to end in a month's time with Keller's return.

He didn't want that; just a one month fling with the woman that he loved.

"Abby, is that really all I am? Just a month? 'All the time you can give for me?' It's the same old fucking cycle." Sam brought his hands up to his face, running them roughly through his hair, trying to eradicate some of the tension running through his veins. "I don't just want a month with you. I want a whole bloody life with you. But if all you want is a month from me... I can't do it."

The shock of his sister, however, being the love child of his mother's affair pushed him over the edge. "Wha-- are you fucking serious? Mum... cheated on my dad... with yours?. What is it with you Barnett's, huh?"
♥ Life's not the amount of breaths you take; it's the moments that take your breath away. ♥

Watch my boyfriend's Pokemon nuzlocke challenge on youtube? It'll make us both happy! <3 ~ Cam's Nuzlocke Challenge!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:23 pm

Abby had let go of him when those poisonous words came spilling from his lips. From what she'd felt inside his head, he really meant them. She wasn't taking offence from outbursts like that because of how he said it. It was because he'd felt the most vile stew of emotions bubbling in him and she was just so overwhelmed at the damage that she'd inflicted on his heart.
A one month fling. Oh, God, I didn't want this to end. I never wanted this to end.

She remained silent through his outburst, trying her best to take the blows, her stress and her depression creeping back faster and faster. She refused to look at him; she looked down, her vision shifting from one object to another in the room. "I can't do it." Yet another blow to her face as she continued on with the agonizing moment. She clutched her heart, the pain stinging more and more as she held in her tears.

What is it with you Barnetts, huh? That completely set her off the edge. Abby succumbed to her accumulating anger as well, the old Abby having been shoved to one corner to watch the potential damage her darker half would inflict on the one she loved.
"You know what, screw you!" she said, pushing him away. "I never wanted a month with you. I wanted what you wanted! If I had more time to spend with you, I would. But you know what... Face it, Larkin. Years have passed. It was my mistake of not coming to you, I fucking know that, but to compensate I had a family. A family I love, and a family I cherish. Do you know how hard it is to try and bring up your child in a proper environment, to raise her to be 'normal'? I've gone so long wishing that Keller would never find out about my curse and that Dana wouldn't have to have the same curse! Do you know how hard it is to juggle you and them and work? Huh? Because you're so fucking free, and you're off with those loose women, is that right? You're off drinking yourself silly. You're off ruining your life while I watch."

"You know what, forget that we ever felt like this. Forget the time we spent together. I've had it with you! Oh, God, how I wish I hadn't."

She angrily shoved the man out of the bathroom, and to the front door. CJ got up, enraged that he'd broken whatever truce they had, and shoved him out the door himself, following him and throwing a punch right in the kisser. "Fuck you, Sam! I thought we agreed!"
"N-no, CJ! Just leave him alone," she said, her tone of voice getting weaker and weaker. She retreated inside, hoping to find some solace in the silence, when she felt a trickle of some sort under her nose. She put a finger to it to find out what it was something... Something red.

GET OUT! CJ yelled telepathically, pushing him in the direction of the fire exit stairs.

Her heartbeats grew faster, faster, until she couldn't take the pain, the rush. Her whole world yet again had fallen into black, her eyes rolling to the back of her head. She convulsed on the floor, no longer aware that she was even aware.

"Abby!" was the last muffled thing she heard before completely blacking out.

"Abby. Abby, are you there?" called out a voice. A man's voice. She followed where the voice came from until she found herself under that tree. That familiar tree. Wait, she visited this place every month. She saw last week's bouquet still on the plot near the tree.
"Abby, come here," said a man sitting atop the tree's giant root, his appearance shifting from a healthy-looking man, noticeably sharp-dressed and having a significant amount of colour on his right arm for her to call absurd, to him, weak and worn out, in a hospital gown. "Abby."
"D-daddy?"
"My little Abigail," he said, outstretching his arms. She ran to him throwing herself into his familiar arms. "Daddy, oh my God..."
"Abs, what are you doing here?" he asked. "Don't you still have life?"
"I don't know if I want it anymore," she said, sitting next to him, leaning on his shoulder. "I love my fiancé, and I love my daughter, but I don't... I don't think it's enough. And... And I'm afraid they'll find out about what... What curse I have."
The man's face grew sad. He wrapped his arm around her, offering a warm hug to keep her from breaking down. "It isn't a curse," he said. "But if you put it that way... Your old man has two."
"Two?"
"Yeah. Two."
"What were they?"
"Well. The first was... I was an empath, much like the second curse you have. And I could see when it was other peoples' time."
Her eyes widened as she listened.
"And now is not your time, Abby."
"But I want it to be. I just want to spend some more time away from my worries. Here with you."
"You're forgetting mom," a woman's voice said out of the blue. It was a lovely young woman, tan skin, long brown waves and those eyes... CJ's eyes! "My God, how you've grown. My baby, a woman."

Abby couldn't have been more happy here.

Her vitals were dropping, very, very slowly. CJ sat by Abby's side as she went through treatment, holding her hand all throughout.
"Flora," he said, acknowledging the nurse who came in. The woman was startled; it was almost as if she'd seen a ghost. She recovered from the shock just moments after.
"You look too much like your father for your own good," she said, shaking her head and laughing.
"I'm sorry to hear that, but it's genetics."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:04 am

Sam knew that what he had said had been wrong, and he hadn't wanted to say it, but he had been pushed over the edge. As Abby ranted at him, and started shoving him towards the door, he took it, moving towards it himself. This was probably the most painful and upsetting experience of his life, but he couldn't stay. Nothing she said he was going to reply to; he probably wouldn't have the time as she was shoving him so hard towards the apartment door. But what was he really supposed to say? That he didn't want her raising Dana normally, if she was 'abnormal' like them. That he would have treated her like his own, if Abby had decided that she wanted him. What was he supposed to say about his life? That she had made him that way? That he was only doing it to try and take his mind off of her? Whatever he wanted to say to her face, he wasn't going to.

Because when he did open up, this happened.

From now on, no more feeling are ever going to be revealed. No anger, no sadness, no... love. They just hurt too fucking much.

He was suddenly aware of CJ's loud voice attacking his ears, and then attacking his face, before he was shoved directly out the door, a little line of blood now falling from a cut on his lips. As he was walking towards the fire exit, after CJ had destroyed his brain by screaming into his mind, he heard the male call his sister's name, and turned to see her convulsing on the floor. "Shit..." But as he turned back around to help, to do anything, he was pushed away, and the door slammed in his face.

CJ didn't know that Sam had followed the ambulance carrying Abby to the hospital. However, he had hung back a little; in his rush to get Abby to some sort of medical attention, they had left the door open - and a sleeping Dana in her cot. He had brought the baby girl to the hospital, not wanting to leave her behind, although he didn't know what to expect when returning the girl to her family. As he looked down at her though, whilst cradling her in his arms, all he could do was smile slightly. She look so much like the innocent Abby that he had once known, and would always love.

"What are we going to do with you, eh? Shall we take you to Uncle CJ and Mummy?"

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Dana stirred slightly in Sam's arms, comfortable in his warm embrace. It reminded her all too much of daddy, and found herself sad for the slightest moment. Mummy wasn't feeling good, and daddy isn't there. She knew that her mum and uncle trusted this man, but who was he, really?
Suddenly, he asked if she shouls be taken to see her mummy. Immediately, she squirmed in his grasp, excited to see her. "Gaaaa!"

"I was afraid this'd happen to you. You should go back, Abby. You belong down there."
"I don't want to leave. Please mom, dad. I want to forget him."

"Abby, don't leave me here like this," CJ said, clutching her hand. He noted the man carrying his niece coming, and defensively he positioned himself near his sister, ready to protect her.

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Sam couldn't help but flinch as CJ stood protectively in front of his sister, blocking her pale body from his view. It hurt, knowing that three or so hours ago, they had been as happy as could be together; the three of them spending time as old friends once again, and Abby actually returning his love. Now, it had turned to this. No speaking terms, he wasn't even allowed to look at her for Christ's sake. He felt... terrible. Part of him believed that what had happened to her was his fault, snapping at her like that had been the catalyst for whatever this was to arise. But on the other hand, she had wanted just a fling. She didn't seem to want him as much as he wanted her, and it had shattered his heart into a thousand pieces.

"Look, I'm not here to cause any trouble. It's just," Sam spoke softly, looking down at the child in his arms, ticking her under the chin playfully, before taking his eyes back up to CJ, "this little jewel was left alone... and I couldn't just leave her there. But... I didn't want to disturb you either, looking after... y'know. And.... I'm sorry...."

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:17 pm

"I really thought we agreed, Sam," he said sternly, still standing his ground in front of his sister. The little girl, though, was enough to make him step aside, taking the young baby in his arms. "You know, I never thought I'd lose her to the same thing that took my dad away. Hey, but here she is!" Greater and greater hints of sarcasm were present in his voice. He set his niece next to her mother, her immediate reaction was to wrap her arms around her mother's limp, pale body. "Maaamaaa," she attempted to say, grabbing her uncle's attention. The look on his face was bittersweet. "She even missed her own daughter's first word."
Abby's eyes slowly opened, the stats on the monitor improving even just a bit. The first one she saw was her own baby, and soon she had her arms around her little one. "Dana, CJ, hey," she said with a smile. That expression on her face didn't last too long, though. She caught sight of a man, dark hair, of a tall, large build, and the most significant part of this handsome man were his eyes. She admittedly thought he was really, really good-looking, but why was he here? Was he one of CJ's troublemaking friends?
"I... I'm sorry," she started, pausing to realize how thirsty she was. "I'm sorry, wh-who are you?"

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:55 am

"We did agree, CJ!" Sam spoke, trying to keep his voice quiet as not to scare the child who was now resting in her mother's limp arms, but failing greatly. "But I love her too much to just be used by her for a month. How do you think that made me feel? I know I hurt her, but she fucking hurt me too, all right!" His left hand flew up to his face, forefinger and thumb pinching the bridge of his nose like he always did when he was angry, trying to calm himself down. What else was I supposed to do? Let her use me? Love that month we'd have together and move on? No, sorry. There's only so much a man can take. And just leaving her after that? I can't do it.

However, Sam was ripped out of his train of thought when Abby's weary eyes opened, wrapping her arms lovingly around her baby girl. She spoke softly, as if just coming out of a long sleep, her familiar eyes scanning the room as she looked at the people who cared about her. But, when her eyes came to rest on him, they changed, a look of confusion coming over her face. Sam was just about ready to explain why he was there, when she spoke, crushing his world completely.

"I'm sorry, wh-who are you?"

Sam felt like his whole world had just collapsed beneath him, destroying everything. "Y-You don't know... me?" His voice failed him as he stepped backwards slowly, trying to stop the tears from streaming down his eyes. "You've known m-me longer than CJ... It's Sam?"

This couldn't happen.
Not now.
Oh god.
I'm so sorry Abby.

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:04 am

"I think I would've known if I did," she smiled a bit, although sadly. "CJ, do I really know him?"
CJ nodded, then turned to Sam with a slightly hateful glare. "You knew him once. We were kids together."
"Oh. I'm sorry again, what was it? Sam? That's right. I bet you're a nice enough guy."
Her brother felt a little something in him that was just begging to come out. For the sake of propriety, he instead kept his mouth shut, but his thoughts traveled in rapidfire succession, all the bits of hate just coming together. "Where's Kelly?"
"He's busy on location," CJ said.
"Oh, right. I remember."

She turned to Sam and tried to manage a smile for this stranger, hoping to make a new friend out of him. "Tell me more about yourself," she said, turning toward him and setting her daughter down so she could sit up to see him. "Have anyone special?"

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:50 am

Sam just stood there in shock. Abby couldn't have forgotten him? They...they had been best friends their entire lives. They had fallen for each other, despite how much she wanted to deny that they hadn't. They had made love. They should have been together. Hell, how did she remember Keller, whilst not remembering him? She had known him for a lot longer than she had known her fiancé, the guy that she had cheated on earlier that day.

"Yeah," Sam spoke, his voice quivering as he looked up at her, trying to avoid any look that came from CJ's glaring eyes, "I have someone special. But she doesn't remember me." As the tears almost spilt over his eyes, the tall male quickly left the room, feeling apologetic for having to do so, but he wouldn't let anyone see him like that.

He ran.

Ran away.

Ran to his car.

And cried.

Sorry it's so terrible!

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:49 am

Abby stared at Sam strangely as he left the room in a hurry. Something in his tone of voice hurt her inside, struck a cord in her that she didn't even know was there. A nagging feeling inside was telling her that she knew this man and that she knew that she'd been the woman he was talking about, but in her amnesia she wasn't entirely sure that the voice inside her head was reliable. Somehow, she'd blamed it on the medication that was administered through her while she was unconscious. What mattered to her now was that her daughter and brother were here to comfort her. What upset her was that Keller wasn't. Something in CJ's face bothered her though; that look on his face and in his eyes lightly reflected that of the man's. He almost looked as if he commiserated with the guy.

"Ceej, what's wrong?" she asked, trying to get herself to sit up properly, but failing.
"Nothing. Nothing's wrong, sis." He tried to smile to get the mood up, but he knew that the façade thing wasn't going to work out too great. He really was troubled, and smiling now wasn't going to make it any better.
Look, Sam, he tried to communicate with him, trying to find his mind and establish contact. You have to move on from Abby. She's in there somewhere, I know it, but as of now there's nothing. It's almost as if all her memories of you just... Disappeared in thin air. Look, man, I forgive you, but you gotta stop torturing yourself like this. Get a girl, maybe just like her. Be open to the possibility. She isn't the only fish in the sea, boy. You need to get yourself straight. If you ever need anything, please, just ring me, alright?

"M...mmm...Maama?"
"Oh, oh, my God, oh, d-d-did you hear that? S-she said mama!"
"Yes. Yes, I did."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:28 am

Sam feverishly tried to block CJ's words from his mind, but it was difficult. The words were loud and clear through his head, telling him to move on from Abby. It seemed easy, she had forgotten everything about him, he had walked away from her; everything was all set up. But he couldn't do it. Could he? Could he really leave Abby and let her get on with her life with Keller and Dana happily? Could he really? Fine, CJ. I'll.... I'll go. I have to. Or else this is going to kill me. But I'm going to have to cut off completely. So... you too. Bye, mate. Have a good life, okay? Look after yourself.

And, that was it. Sam had cut his relationship to the entire Barnett family off.

Sure, in his heart, it felt wrong.
In his head, it felt wrong.
But it was right.
Wasn't it?

He let his head slip down and hit the steering wheel with a thump.

Now what?

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:22 am

The time for the wedding was just about to come about. It had been some time after. With little over a week to go before the big day, the arrangements were in overdrive. Abby had recovered fully from her ordeal, and although very little about Samuel Benjamin Barnett (as she learned was the whole name of the handsome stranger who had mysteriously ran out on her) was coming back to her, like tiny fragments of their childhood together as confirmed by her kid brother, she still could not remember a whole lot about him. To CJ, it was a massive relief. If Abby had remembered all the grief they'd encountered while they were struggling to be together, he was afraid she'd do herself in, and do lose someone again would mean the death of him as well. He tried his very best to keep the memories that were struggling to burst out and ruin everything at bay, all the while trying to help the wedding planner, his wife Katie, make everything perfect. While Abby was more than pleased to see all the plans for the lovely white, fragile-looking designs, illuminated with gentle hints of orange and yellow light baubles on the ceiling and baubles on the tables of each guest, there was something tearing at her that she just wouldn't understand.

Abby rested herself on a sofa, watching television with her fiancé, but strangely enough whatever thoughts of his that came to her mind were of worry and hatred for Sam. Despite this, she refused to say a word. She'd forgotten — she'd not said a word about her 'curse' to him. Instead, she leaned against his strong left arm, his immediate reaction to wrap it around her. "I can't believe it," she said out of the blue. "We're actually getting married."
"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" he asked playfully, raising an eyebrow at his lady.
"Oh, I dunno, maybe a bit of both," she giggled, hitting him gently on the arm. "Oh, shut up, Kell, you know how much I love you."
Surprised by the vibrating in her pocket, she flipped open her phone to reveal a text message from CJ.

You wouldn't happen to have any spare invitations, do you? She quickly typed back, Yeah, I do. If Katie doesn't have any, I suggest you talk to Marge. I think she'll have a couple.

"CJ?" he asked.
"Yeah. He's always asking things, you know him."

CJ had found an invitation, and without hesitation, on the empty face of the envelope, he wrote his male best friend's name on it, immediately mailing it to him. Inside, there was a letter he'd slipped in.

I hope you've met someone else. Because she's ready to walk the aisle. Thing is, are you ready?

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:47 am

It had been a while now. A while since everything had happened. A while since he had given up Abby. A while his life had changed completely.

Of course living without Abby had been hard, but recently, it hadn't been the first thing on his mind. He had gotten a call a couple of months ago, one of the most important call of his life. One of his "girls" from the past has been in a car accident and had passed away. Leaving her daughter behind. His daughter. A little girl that was conceived in one of the one night stands that he had so stupidly participated in when he was still trying to get over Abby. Luna Daisy Larkin was now the light of his life, the only thing that helped him wake up in the mornings and fall asleep at night. She was just over two years old, two years and three months to be exact, and she was everything to Sam. Being now a full time father, the grandparents not wanting anything to do with this love-child, his work load had been cut down, and he wasn't out in the field as much, but he was still getting a good pay. Anything to keep his little girl happy and healthy.

And now, he was looking down at the ornate invitation in his hands, reading over CJ's attached note. In the post going back to him now was an RSPV that said yes, and a little message of his own:

I have someone else to take my mind off of her. It's okay if I bring her, right?

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:44 am

The next day, CJ got the post that he'd expected. With a smile, he sent him back a message of approval. Meet me the day before. At The Bean. I wanna meet whoever this little lady is, catch up maybe. Despite his happiness about him having someone else to take his mind off the indirect pain caused by her loss of memories and the cruelty of holding back despite her obvious love for him when she still remembered much about him. With great sadness, he bore the knowledge in his heart instead of his head, so that she might not find it even through the emotional scanning.
"Katie?" he asked his wife, fiddling with a toothpick in her mouth, her hair a blonde mess in a high ponytail, a pencil behind her ear and several plans spread out in front of her. He kissed her gently on the neck.
"Yeah, love?" she smiled despite the stress.
"RSVP, two more chairs. I think you should seat them by Aunt Kitty and Uncle Lucas."
"Alright. I'll see what I can do."
"Thanks, baby. Try not to stress yourself out too much; the littlun'll feel it too."
"He'll grow up to be a proper football player."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:06 pm

"Daddy, cookie?" A little voice piqued up from underneath the table. Sam bent down to see his beautiful little girl looking up at him, her large dark green eyes instantly making him melt a little inside. She was smiling too, and had his police hat pulled over her head, titled in a hilarious manner.
"Of course, sweetie." He grinned, moving up from his position at the desk he was completing his paper work on, and picked up his daughter from the floor. He swung her round playfully, making an adorable giggle escape from her mouth before sitting her on the side and taking a cookie out of the biscuit jar for her. He had only gotten a biscuit jar since finding out that he had a daughter, something that he could treat her with when she was good.

A few days before Abby's wedding to Keller, Sam Larkin was sitting in The Bean, in the booth in the corner that had always belonged to the group of them when they had been close. His daughter was sitting on his lap as they played with one of the toys that was specifically there for children. "So, this one, Lou, goes over there and down there, you see?" Sam smiled down at her, watching her face light up in glee as the colourful beads fell together in a pile.

"By the way, your Uncle CJ is going to be here soon, one of Daddy's friends."
"Unca Cee-Jay?" She repeated, tilting her head back to look at her father, a look of confusion on her cute face.
"Yeah sweetie, Unca Cee-Jay."

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:25 am

CJ pulled up by The Bean, parallel parking between two other cars. A sort of shuffling came from the back seat, and turning around to make sure that whatever was shuffling there was alright, he beamed at it. Or rather, her. "Dana, we're here," he said in a friendly tone, holding her tiny foot. "Come on. We have to go see Uncle Sam."
"Alright!" she exclaimed, struggling to get out of the seat. "Pleaase, get me out first."
"Okay, okay, then, hold your horses, little lady. We've got all day," he chuckled.

Catching sight of Sam was alone very surprising. The next thing that nearly knocked him off his knees was the little girl sitting on his lap, playing with a familiar toy, one similar to the ones he, Abby and Sam had played with in their youth. With the slightest hesitation, he made his way to the corner booth, each step making his mind tell him not to go on with this; ditch him. But in his heart he knew that he couldn't just leave his best friend like this. He knew he was happy, but why would he have dragged him out here in the first place?

"H-hi there, young un'," he greeted the little girl on Sam's lap. His eyes moved from the little girl to her father. "Sam. It's great to see you again," he said quite honestly with a clearly happy smile on his face. "Dana, look, you've got a new playmate! Say hi to her."
"Hi!" she exclaimed without much hesitation. "My name's Dana! What's your name?"
"Kelly asked me to babysit; Abby's had to have her medication again. Don't worry, it's not the usual Prozac. It's for her heart. Nothing too serious though, just maintenance is all. So, what is this darling little lady's name? My, she looks a lot like you."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Sam couldn't help but let the corners of his mouth crease up in a small smile when he saw CJ's face at the sight of his baby girl sitting on his lap. That wasn't what he was expecting to see, that was sure. Maybe he had thought that he'd be there with a pretty blonde hanging off of his arm, or someone that looked vaguely similar to his darling Abigail. But no, there was a two year old girl playing with a maze toy from his childhood. "Say, hi, baby." Sam tickled his baby in the sides softly, making a gorgeous laugh escape he mouth before she looked up and a shy, "Hewwo" came from her lips.

"It's good to see you too, CJ." He smiled gently, giving a curt nod to the male sitting opposite to him. "And you too Dana. You've grown up a lot." He grinned, his baby shuffling on his lap, turning to stand up on his legs. She wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face into his neck, something she did when she was feeling shy. "Awh, come on, sweetie. Dana, CJ, this is Luna." He smiled, gently removing her from his body and sitting her back onto his lap, a kiss being place on the top of her head. "Luna, my little girl."

"Abby's do-doing better?" Sam repeated, wrapping his arms a little tighter around his little girl, as if it comforted him. Well, it does. "Good... that's good..." A small smile played on his lips, the thought of her being happy in his head almost doing enough to brighten up his day completely. "Yeah... she does look quite like me doesn't she? She looks like her mum too... but... she's gone."

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:11 am

"Oh... Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," CJ said in commiseration, letting out a deep sigh after. "But hey, the kid's got a good dad, I guess, so she's gonna grow up well. I hope." CJ couldn't help but laugh, but then stopped a bit to avoid being to overboard with the awkwardness. It was, after all, quite some time after establishing that rift between them. They weren't too sure if time had bridged that gap yet, or rather he was. "Yeah. Abby's doing better. I don't think I've seen her happier in these past few months; it's a miracle. She doesn't even need those happy pills no more, but we kind of hide the fact that she used to take it. She's been wondering why she's been craving them pills lately."

Dana set off to make friends with timid Luna, her first attempt being to touch her on the head. This was an awkward gesture indeed, but it was Dana's way of helping her feel comfy. Little did she, or anyone else, know that it was her way of saying a polite hello. Dana didn't quite understand how people got her so easily whenever she touched them, but it was convenient nonetheless. She insisted on sitting next to her Uncle Sam to reach Luna quicker, hoping to make a new acquaintance. "I can see these girls are looking a lot like their mothers," he chuckled, watching Dana try to talk to Luna.

"I'm glad to see you doing well," he smiled. "She's, uh... She's been asking after you, wondering how you've been. I didn't tell her you cut off ties, only that you were busy working and all. She tells me to send you her regards."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:23 am

"Thanks, bud." Sam let out a soft sigh as he watched his daughter, thinking of her mother, Emma briefly - he felt terrible, he hadn't known her at all. She was just a name and a pretty face to him, but she was part of his daughter's life. Well, should be. But then, a feeling of hatred flew through his body for the woman; she hadn't searched him up or anything, after discovering that she was pregnant. He had a right to know that he was a father, didn't he? Stop it, Sam. You can't curse a dead woman. That's just wrong. Sam felt more and more conflicted these days, now that he had no-one to talk about anything with, to let loose for a while, and he had to stay strong for his daughter. He bottled everything up, keeping it all hidden so that Luna would never have to see her daddy fall. "I'm glad she's better... and... she's happy... that's good..."

Sammy really didn't know what to say about Abby. She was still the girl of his dreams, and that would never change, but like CJ had said, she was happy now. She had her family, and she was getting married for Christ's sake. So instead of thinking about her, his eyes wandered back over to the two young girls that were socializing in front of him. Dana was trying her hardest to play with Luna, make her more comfortable, but Lou wasn't having any of it. She had been more closed off since her mother's death, he had witnessed the changes in her when she realised her mother wasn't coming back. But slowly, and surely, she was beginning to acknowledge that Dana was there. She was giggling, and laughing, and smiling, pulling lightly on Dana's hair, as if she was fascinated with it.

"Mhm? Oh... she's asking about me? Has she remembered everything then? She... knows who I am?"

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!