Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Seven deadly sins

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Seven deadly sins

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Error on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm

ok heres an rp me and some friends thought of, it takes place in a world where magic has just returned with the birth of the incarnations of the seven deadly sins and the seven holy virtues, there is technology such as guns and it does work on demons and such

there will be fourteen main characters, the Seven Deadly Sins and the Seven Holy Virtues

unfortunatly i cant let anyone choose one of the sins yet, so if you want to join you will have to choose one of the seven holy virtues or make a side character, first come first served. the reason for restricting the seven deadly sins till later is that some of my friends who also rp on other sites have dibs on them and are going to join for this rp, but i dont have seven friends to represent the sins,so 2-4 people will get lucky and also get to be sins.

the objective is for one of the groups (which will now be refered to as the sins and the virtues only) to kill off the other, as you can guess this will be harder that you might think for the virtues, srry but thats just how it is, so only experienced rpers should try to be a virtue.

here are the seven deadly sins and their base powers, other powers will be explained as the positions fill up:

Lust, mind control
Gluttony, absorbation
Greed, can steal anything, even things that aren't there (souls)
Sloth, put things to sleep, even if it doesnt normally sleep (includes spells)
Wrath, become temporarily invincible (rage)
Envy, gains any power they make contact with and the powers of anyone they kill
Pride (me ^-^), has the base power of each of the sins (though a weaker version) and possesses automatic natural talent of being the best at anything

now then, here are the seven holy virtues, i havent worked out their powers yet, but am open to ideas:

Chastity
Temperance
Charity
Diligence
Patience
Kindness
Humility

for all of you who decide to use side characters, you will have to supply which side you are on (sins or virtues) i suggest virtues because they WILL need all the help they can get

for more infomation check out this wikipedia arcticle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Virtues)

if you have any ideas for this you can contact me on here or at neronnova@yahoo.com (preferably yahoo, so that no "confidential" info is exposed)

upon becoming a sin or virtue, i will post that persons name, i will need anyone who wants to be a virtue or sin to email me with their name, so that i can post it on here and so i can email them back with information that only he sins and the virtues are to know (you are allowed to divulge this information to people but not on here as it will ruin some suprises)

remember its first come first served for the virtues and sins, and the sin positions are not open yet, spamming will result with me booting you from the rp, so dont bother me with petty complaints about stupid stuff, also, my decisions are final unless im in a battle, upon which the arguement will be mediated by someone not involved in said battle

and now for some ground rules:

1. i do allow swearing, but not insulting because you lost, show some honor people, you lose you lose, and i can always replace you (random insults just for fun are condoned, but if you are asked to stop please do so)

2. no godmodding, everyone has to have a weakpoint or a loophole around their abilities

3. no sending me crap about how you dont like what i say, i dont care, and it will only result in my getting rid of you

4. be realistic, you get stabbed in the heart and you are dead, your head gets cut off and you are dead there is minor regeneration, but u cant revive from and instant kill (like these or haveing your neck snapped, etc.)

5. have fun, this is boring if your all to over dramatic, be random, and post a joke once in a while

i will try to put up a newsletter of the weeks events every saturday, it will include the death list and the new persons list, i will also try to put up a new joke each day, but i am not perfect so dont always expect a joke, and not all of them are gold

thanks,
Error

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Error
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Seven deadly sins

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:32 pm

Alright...

Rather than saying just how pertinent your name is; I am going to do this, and gather six other people to take part in this RP.

Why, you may ask. That is simple enough... I feel your conceited attempts at the belittling of the 'seven virtues' over the 'seven sins' is farcical at best.

Error wrote:the objective is for one of the groups (which will now be refered to as the sins and the virtues only) to kill off the other, as you can guess this will be harder that you might think for the virtues, srry but thats just how it is, so only experienced rpers should try to be a virtue.

That sounds to me like you think that the 'virtues' will automatically lose, or plan for them to actually lose. Well, I got news for you kid. It aint happenin'. Didn't mommy ever tell ya, the good guys ALWAYS win.

So, in terms of the 'base powers' for the 'virtues', sod that. You referenced the Wikipedia article on them; so I am going on this (paraphrased from the Wikipedia article):

The Roman Catholic church recognized the seven capital virtues as opposites to the Seven Capital Sins or the Seven Deadly Sins...

SINS:

Pride (vanity)
Envy (jealousy)
Wrath (anger)
Sloth (laziness/idleness)
Greed (avarice)
Gluttony (over-indulgence)
Lust (excessive sexual appetites)

VIRTUES:

Humility (modesty)
Kindness (admiration)
Forgiveness (composure)
Diligence (zeal/integrity/Labor)
Charity (giving)
Temperance (self-restraint)
Chastity (purity)

I will get my six companions, and this WILL be harder than you might think for the sins, sorry but that's just how it is, so only experienced rpers should try to be a sin.

We shall post profiles and the like as recruitment moves along.

See you on the battlefield.

Lord Saladin
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:58 pm

I'd like to play.
As you recall, you know I love to show off,
But you never thought that I would take it this far.
What do you know?

Fancy a Butcher's?

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:38 pm

Yeah I'll join, merhaps Sloth, that suits me perfectly (I'm no saint)

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:03 pm

ok heres an rp me and some friends thought of, it takes place in a world where magic has just returned with the birth of the incarnations of the seven deadly sins and the seven holy virtues, there is technology such as guns and it does work on demons and such

the objective is for one of the groups (which will now be refered to as the sins and the virtues only) to kill off the other, as you can guess this will be harder that you might think for the virtues, srry but thats just how it is, so only experienced rpers should try to be a virtue.

here are the seven deadly sins and their base powers, other powers will be explained as the positions fill up:

Lust, mind control
Gluttony, absorbation
Pride (me ^-^), has the base power of each of the sins (though a weaker version) and possesses automatic natural talent of being the best at anything

for all of you who decide to use side characters, you will have to supply which side you are on (sins or virtues) i suggest virtues because they WILL need all the help they can get

2. no godmodding, everyone has to have a weakpoint or a loophole around their abilities

What exactly are the loop holes weaknesses for the sins? I merely ask because it seems as if they have been constructed to have no actual weakness. Especially Pride which has all of the base sin's abilities and then added to that the ability to be the best at everything.

Should not the virtues be able to directly confront the abilities of sins and actually negate a specific sins abilities, thus making it less likely that the virtues would have to have extra help, seeing as they apparently by your definition of them are weaker?

For example the virtues could have the following or some modified version of the following powers.

Humility (modesty)- has the ability to negate prides vain glorious self image of perfection.
Kindness (admiration)-has the ability to negate envy's jealously with shared experiences of a positive nature.
Forgiveness (composure)-can calm an enraged wrath with a peaceful aura.
Diligence (zeal/integrity/Labor)-can motive people to action and rouse them from their sleepiness.
Charity (giving)-can cast guilt upon the thief creating a situation where they are haunted to madness by the theft
Temperance (self-restraint)-has the ability to created a sated feeling so that the need to continue consumption stops.
Chastity (purity)- creates a strong will and positive self image to negate mind control efforts of lust.

Anyway just my questions.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lillium Jonathans on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:23 pm

Wooow.....seems like you've done a lot on balancing. Of course, naturally, if the virtues' abilities are not yet stated, then there gives the space for virtues to over power the sins. Still, your balancing (above) is quite well proportioned.^^ I'd join as Chastity if the powers are as thus settled, once the host of this rp gets back to us, I especially like the equilibrium between Chastity and Lust.
unpleasantness* The only thing chimerical is a short-tempered persona who takes frustrations out on other good-willed people.

Lillium Jonathans
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korongar on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:10 pm

If there is a slot, then I would very like to join
Hasta la primera

See you in the spring

I apologize for my English, still learning

Korongar
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Error on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:30 pm

Skallagrim Cughtagh wrote:

Lust, mind control
Gluttony, absorbation

What exactly are the loop holes weaknesses for the sins? I merely ask because it seems as if they have been constructed to have no actual weakness. Especially Pride which has all of the base sin's abilities and then added to that the ability to be the best at everything.

Should not the virtues be able to directly confront the abilities of sins and actually negate a specific sins abilities, thus making it less likely that the virtues would have to have extra help, seeing as they apparently by your definition of them are weaker?

For example the virtues could have the following or some modified version of the following powers.

Humility (modesty)- has the ability to negate prides vain glorious self image of perfection.
Kindness (admiration)-has the ability to negate envy's jealously with shared experiences of a positive nature.
Forgiveness (composure)-can calm an enraged wrath with a peaceful aura.
Diligence (zeal/integrity/Labor)-can motive people to action and rouse them from their sleepiness.
Charity (giving)-can cast guilt upon the thief creating a situation where they are haunted to madness by the theft
Temperance (self-restraint)-has the ability to created a sated feeling so that the need to continue consumption stops.
Chastity (purity)- creates a strong will and positive self image to negate mind control efforts of lust.

Anyway just my questions.

first of all, thank you, you are definitly the kind of person i want on here, i think im going to make those the seven virtues powers, cus the virtues dont seem like they would have anything that would be good for straight up combat

as for pride, its possible to surpass him, all he has is natural talent in everything, he doesnt change much, and i wasnt planning on fighting till near the end, i knda wanted to be like what a boss from a video game should be (damn final fantasy and a side quest being the hardest part of the game) the uber boss that takes teamwork from everyone

as for the one guy who thinks its going to be harder for the sins, dude, ive been rping for eight years, dont think this is going to be so easy, prides loophole (as with all the sins) is that their powers only retain as long as they retain the state of mind (wrath needs to be pissed, pride needs to think hes the best), the virtues on the other hand can not commit sin, else they lose their powers until they redeem themselves (this puts at least one virtue temporarily out of comision whenever a sin gets killed, as its still murder)

and to those ppl who want to join, like i said its open to everyone

oh and on the fact of my name
Error is a previous character i made that is litterally an error in reality, i made him due to my friend using a reality bender, and he just so happened to be my current character during the time i made this account, hes one of many side characters ive made that help move on the story of my main, who has been worked on for all eight of the years ive rped, be happy i dont bring him in, as tho he cant kill, he can make a future alternate version of yourself come back in time and rape you, due to his being a Time Paradox

thanks,
Error

Error
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Error on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:32 pm

and the position of wrath is already taken, srry but the other guy who helped me think of this took it, greed might be taken also, i dont know if the dude is gonna actually do this yet, but i will know by tomorow

Error
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:44 pm

Well I am glad I could help square away the virtues then. I had a feeling that the sins powers required them to be in a certain state so I tried to make the virtues able to negate or deescalate the powers of the sins. Naturally this doesn't take away the conflict but it allows the virtues an even chance against their nemesis.
Could you explain the rest of the dynamics, are the sins and virtues born as humans and then they seek to confront one another?

When you say magic is possible what are the limits? Such as healing and holy based effects by virtues and destruction and dark based spells sins? Are they able to use magic themselves? Do both sides have innate control of magic or is this something that each individual persona has to discover for themselves? If there are demons and such are there angels as well?

Sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to get a better feel for the setting.

This looks like it has promise. I'll wait and see who gets assigned virtues and if there is an opening left I might ask to fill it.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Error on Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:23 am

all types f magic are allowed for side characters, but the sins control fire and shadow, while the virtues control light and wind, as for race, they were all born random races, but at the age of 20 they become angels and demons (or a dark angel in pride's case, you'll find out why later I've actually got a storyline for him, guess what it is and you get a prize) due to this all the sins and virtues have to be over the age of 20, but not exactly the same age, upon transcending, as i will call it if you've got a better word tell me, they are told what their reason for being (killing the other side) is by the powers that be

yet again thank you for helping me, Im still not used to running my own RP, i rped on another site for almost all the eight years ive been rping, and i ended up killing everyone but about five of my friends, we got tired of that site so we've been moving on to different sites

thanks,
Error

P.S. please comment on the jokes and post some ureself

Error
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Error on Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:27 am

oh yeah and just so u know, Pride's a lazy bastard, but don't expect him to sit around all the time (piece of advice to the angels, keep in at least groups of two), I'll spend more time running this than I will actually participating until its near the end

and if anyone wants to just screw around, try out my other rp Random Adventures: for people who want to have fun, its just something i made so i can get some stress relief from my shitty job at wal-mart in toys, never thought id hate christmas, till i worked at wal-mart XD

thanks,
Error

Error
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:10 am

Y'know RPs aren't all about fighting as for pride if he turns out to be Lucifer then that's kinda lame and actually I have an idea for the powers

Sins-
Pride- Causes all powers around him to weaken and can use anything through natural talent
Envy- Can use a weaker version of all the sins' powers but must have an image of that sin in mind
Wrath- When angered his strength, endurance and speed increases tenfold
Sloth- When asleep he causes all around him to feel groggy and slows things down
Greed- Master of disguise and trickery, can steal almost everything (a soul is too powerful to steal)
Gluttony- Can consume everything but has to rest after consuming something big
Lust- Control through persuasion and gestures

Virtues-
Humility- Can negate the effects of Pride through his respect for opponents
Kindness- Can disrupt concentration with acts of sympathy and kindness
Forgiveness- Anyone in close proximity feels calmer and more relaxed, this can't calm Wrath but can return his strength to normal
Diligence- Can withstand the effects of Sloth and can motivate those infected
Charity- Can see through false guises and return items to their original owners
Temperance- Can prevent Gluttony from consuming for a short period of time
Chastity- Immune to the effects of Lust, can break the effects of Lust by making eye contact with the infected

Some powers were hard to counteract but I dunno

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:11 am

I'd like to play Forgiveness. There's a good chance I'll end up being Jesus!

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Error on Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:13 pm

as for the guy who mentioned the changes in the powers, no, i like them the way they are, and just to tell you the position of greed is now definitly taken, and sloth might be also

as for sloths power to put anything to sleep heres and example: if a boulder is rolling down a hill at him, then he can put it to sleep and it will stop

and the virtues powers are now decided, they are capable of breaking the state of mind that the sins need to retain their sin powers, but remember that they are still angels and demons, and retain certain powers thereof

and let it be known that the default leader of the virtues is humility, who is the opposite of pride, pride is the leader of the sins, each group is divided into groups of two, matched up in the sins case acording to their powers
with the exclusion of the leaders, who can stand alone or travel with a team

here are the sins teams:

Wrath and Sloth - sloth puts em to sleep and wrath smashes the squishies ^-^

Greed and Envy - greed steals stuff and brings it to envy, not that greed can steal a persons soul and therefore give envy all that persons powers

Lust and Gluttony - lust mind controls and allows gluttony to make contact and absorb

Pride always has at least two dark angels with him at any one time, same for humility but with angels

each of the sins (with the exclusion of pride) controls a small army of demons, and vice versa for the virtues

each sin/virtue also has a special weapon, which will be disclosed to that user on recieving their post

thats all for now

thanks,
Error

joke of the day: whats long, hard, and full of seamen? first person to guess this gets a prize ^-^

Error
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Error on Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:15 pm

aeleon wrote:I'd like to play Forgiveness. There's a good chance I'll end up being Jesus!

congrats, you get to be forgiveness if u want to, ure the first one to ask for it, and if you send an email to me at neronnova@yahoo.com or private message me i will disclose special info reserved only for you

Error
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:27 pm

Chastity-- Can cut off an enemy's wong.
Temperance-- Can make an enemy's weapon turn dull.
Charity-- Gives the peasants gifts, causing them to fight for him.
Diligence-- Never needs sleep.
Patience-- Will camly tell a child wether or not we're there yet, no matter how many times the question has been asked.
Kindness-- Can make an enemy smile and walk away.
Humility-- Always knows if his own course of action is a stupid one.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:18 am

How are people taking all these positions up when only three of us have applied

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:08 am

a submarine.

Azmodai2
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Error on Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:09 pm

because the sin positions, as i already said, are likely going to be taken up by some of my friends, there will be at least two sin positions when they all join, most likely gluttony and lust, i already said not to ask for sin positions yet, pay more attention

thanks,
Error

joke of the day: three men walk into a bar, two duck, what happens to the third one

and azmodai2 got the submarine joke, heres his prize... BOOT TO THE HEAD *boot flies out of nowhere and hits azmodai2 in the head* XD

Error
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!