Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shadows of the Enlightened

Shadows of the Enlightened

a part of “Shadows of the Enlightened”, a fictional universe by Blackbird26.

Two cities at war, a clan of assassins, people with unusual powers, and someone who is hunting them down. (COMPLETED RP)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shadows of the Enlightened”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Shadows of the Enlightened

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:31 pm

I'm pretty sure it was for really down. I couldn't get on, either.
We'd be so less fragile
If we're made from metal
And our hearts from iron
And our minds from steel.
But if we built an armor
For our tender bodies
Could we love each other?
Would we start to feel?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Yep, It was down and I was quite angry at first but I got used to not write as Theron after a couple of hours of the computer. xD

I'll get a post up soon and BlackBird, since the Roleplay is growing close to it's mid-end by now (Or I might be wrong since I have no idea what you might have in store for the rest of us) I believe it's time that we discuss what the story should be in the second part, that is if there will be any sequel. ^^

I got a couple of good ideas that I've been tossing around and developing inside my head the entire day that I just need to tell someone about soon. xP

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:05 pm

Well...
Doomed officially has control of the villain now. And there are yet things I will PM him about soon. XD

There was one thing I was kind of working on yesterday before the site went down. Because Xcloud9X suggested killing off Takei. Since RPG went under in the middle of our PMing as to how that would go down... I'm afraid I'm holding Crys down until that is solved. (Considering I can get back on that soon, if not I'll figure something out for myself). I also have to consider what other events may result from this...

If you have ideas... Please do tell! :D

*sighs* Good to be back... Although I'm ashamed to admit that I functioned a lot better during the time the site was out. :P
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Sent you a PM about my ideas and such things.

Now don't leave me hanging here people! Let's kick this adventure into motion shall we? xP ^^

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Man I was so mad about the server being down for so long! It did give me time to think about direction of The Shadow. I know I haven't written anything with him specifically, but I do want to have a post up for him specifically on sunday. For now, I want to reread everything that was reacently posted to see if I've forgotten something that has happened that I might need to know if I post.
“I have wrestled with death. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmosphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.”
― Joseph Conrad

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm half-posting, half-pming so... Yeah. :P

Allison's part will be up soon, I hope.

Doomed... I'll be pming you as well once I get the above finished. :D

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:17 pm

I was about you PM you Blackbird. I personally think that we should have a sequel (referring to Sibrand's comments before). I have a few ideas about that. Anyways, I'll just wait for you're PM before I post anything or PM you then.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Alright so I've been talking to BlackBird and after some discussing we've come up with a nice story Arc for the sequel. I will post most of it here since I want to hear others opinions as well and others ideas since Doom mentioned having ideas as well ^^ I'm open to almost anything.

Oh and a heads-up: we've decided that in the sequel that I should be the GM and BlackBird is the Co-GM. I hope this doesn't bother anyone >.> xP

So here's what we've decided so far:

By the end of the first thread the war between Blackpond and Newhaven has finally seized and Valcrest started to flourish once more in wealth and the standard for living became very high. Some of the old cities were restored but it took quite some time.

The next part takes place ten years after the events in the first chapter. In the end Theron decided that his part in Valcrest was over. He had left the Wolfpack with all the knowledge he once possessed and peace had been restored to the land. And so, Theron leaves the land and the Pack behind to travel north to live with his long lost cousins in the kingdom of Heracly.

[Need information on what your characters might be doing after ten years too]

The Wolfpack grows larger in the following years and the assassins becomes more and more accepted in Valcrest, even though most of their actions are still seen as bad and sinfully the assassins status have been improved. After some accidents the pack is left without any leader as Sebastian dies and Dani goes into a state of deep sorrow over the loss of her beloved husband. Crystal takes over the role as the leader with a new appointed second in command as well.

One fateful day three lone travellers slowly makes their way towards the Camp on their horses. One of them is a small yet bulky figure armed to his teeth with weapons, a man in his early 20's and in front of them is a large man wearing a big shining and silver coloured armour with a black and red cape hanging firmly on his back.

They are welcomed at first for they don't seem to show any hostility towards any of the actives and recruits that stares at them as they make their way through the encampment.
The large man, the Leader by the looks of it, reveals where he's from and asks for an audience with the leader of the assassins and so be it. Crystal walks out from her cottage to meet up with this new stranger.

After a short conversation they discover that this man is actually Theron, the new appointed Major of the Heracly Empire who is asking for their help.

You see, up in the north the Empire along with the Gnome kingdom as their allies is now stuck in a war with the Minotaurs, the elves and some sort of mutated dwarf race. Theron asks for help in this matter from the assassins and whoever decides to tag along will join the Empire in it's struggling war.

---

I will provide with more descriptions about the Empire and all it's factions, the areas inside the Empire's territory and outside it's borders as well as a throughout explanations about all the non-human races on a later occasion.

For the time being I will be open to any suggestion, ideas and such things and I apologize if i spoiled anything for you in the wall of text above. ^^

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:02 am

Oh great, an idea for a sequel already in place. I personally was thinking of some idea of something happening for the war to escallate and it would start to tear Varlcast apart. Unknown to everyone though, some outside force would be helping Blackpond so that they could reach full destructive potential.
I definitely like you're idea as well. I actually like it a little better then my idea. It isn't my roleplay though and I will role with whatever is thrown my way.
I was wondering also if Evin could become 'Second in Command'. I'm not sure why Crystal would ever allow that, but we can figure something out I'm sure.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:59 am

Who knows, in ten years Crys might learn how to put up with Evin. XD

I'm posting right now before the server acts out again. It seems to go down when I'm having the most fun...

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Sorry that it took some hours to reply in such a tense moment but I watched Inception. ^^

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Lol

It's okay.

I'm replying now with Dani, and I'm also moving Crys to Blackpond soon.

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:20 pm

Finished up my post. I left up to Evin to describe what is happening at the Inn because... Well, Crys can't. :P

edit: I'll be posting with Allison soon. (aah, too many characters!)

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Apologies everyone!!

Tomorrow are my last two finals of the semester, so I've been studying all day tomorrow and I most likely won't be able to do much of a post tomorrow, as I have a three-hour final at 9:30 and then a two-hour one at 1:30, after which I will be packing up and then driving about two hours home, though it will probably be more with holiday traffic.

Again I'm sorry for my lack of participation, but at this particular point in the RP, Vilen's not ALL that relevant anyway. I'm hoping to do a lot more with him in the sequel :)

Anyway, I'm gonna come up with a post now just so that I do my part, and then you probably won't hear from me until tomorrow night.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mymoir on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:18 pm

Hello, I am Memoir(Mymoir, I don't mind how you spell it :D) And I was really hoping to join this RP. I am not sure where everyone is in the story, or what's going on, the actual RP forum confused me... I would just like to know what's going on before I mess anything up. Excuse me ~Memoir

Mymoir
Member for 14 years
Author Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:47 pm

LALA: Alright. Good luck with your finals tomorrow! :D
And don't worry... When Crys returns, things will be more agitated. XD

I'm also putting Jake in the character list soon. For information, since he is also an enlightened., and... *coughs* I might have plans for him *coughs*

Memoir: Okay I read your changes... LOL

At this moment the second in command of the Pack has been killed by The Shadow. Which will make the Wolfpack as whole to try and find the killer.

If you are an Enlightened and not a Pack member, you could use your abilities around Crys, Ali or any other Pack member who's an Enlightened and most likely you will be taken in. Because the killer would target you.

If you want to be a member of the pack already... You would have to add to your profile (sucks, I know).

At this point I would recommend you to be an active, and...
You would have to add an Alias, and you would have to add to your history how long you've been in the Pack, and how you arrived there. You don't have to detail it to much, but just so I can have an idea of where your place in the clan would be. (if you have friends, get along with the guards, all that. If you want to make an NPC to interact with at first you can too)

If you choose option nº1, you can hang around the Inn in Blackpond, where Evin and Crys would be (although you'd have to wait for Doomed to post, and myself, since a murder occurred there), or for a smoother start you can use Jake (who is an NPC, so you can control him if you like), since he is a former Pack member and would most likely notice you.

Choosing option nº2 you can simply read up on the latest postings and hang around Allison and Vilen. Your character might know them or simply overhear their conversation.

I'm probably posting with Ali pretty soon actually :D

I'm accepting you, so you can post, but don't forget to make the changes if you want to start off as a member.

Hope all this helps you. lolz

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mymoir on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:41 pm

Here I am, being just as clueless XD

I decided to make him an Active, but he hasn't been one for very long. I guessed and said he was found by Daniela when he first started off, and I guess I could just improvise the relationships with the others. I went back and skimmed the previous posts, so I get the idea of what's happened... But I'm wary of the location. If you could just tell me where Ali is exactly, I can have Mym end up there. If this is still too vague, we can work it out later.

I'm still sorry about screwing this up. Thank you for putting up with me ^-^ I hope I can get this figured out soon. Please tell me what I can do to improve the situation.

Mymoir
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Ali and Vilen are in a... Cafeteria-type-thing-sorta. lol

It's a big wooden house with lots of table and about three older ladies serving food. You can post as if you had already been there,if you like. Ali is the kind of person who wouldn't notice anyone until she is spoken to. (Which is what Annie and Vilen have done).
If you want to describe that path you took there you can improvise anything you see (keeping in mind the cabins are all made of logs and there's a big campfire in the center of the camp), since I haven't described it. Ali usually tends to space out until she gets where she is going. :P

And don't worry about it. That's what I'm here for. :D

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mymoir on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:59 pm

I'll do just that! Thank you so much. I guess I can do an introduction post really quickly... Is now an okay time?

Mymoir
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:07 pm

Anytime is an okay time! :D

I'm going to sleep soon (it's 1am in Brasil now). But I'll reply to your post in a few hours tops!

Yay!

Okay, I'm creeping myself out with all the over-excitement. Better if I tone it down a bit. lol

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!