Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Silhouette Institution

Silhouette Institution

a part of “Silhouette Institution”, a fictional universe by AmyGotScared.

An institution on the middle of France, unknown to the rest of the world theses students are being trained to understand and use in their defense their "Special" Powers.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Silhouette Institution”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Silhouette Institution

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby badboyej on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:20 am

No!!!-Screams hysterically-

My guy was going to be all about teleportation. But no matter, I have a back up

-sob-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

badboyej
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:27 am

Well actually, because we have so many people in this role play, would people mind if one other person possibly had the same power as the other?
Where there is no imagination there is no horror. | Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

My honey I know, with the dawn that you will be gone, but tonight you belong to me
Patience and Prudence

http://www.peacefullyreckless.tumblr.com/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:36 am

I don't have a CS up yet and I'm also not technically a part of the game yet either, so my opinion counts for very little, but I feel like some overlap is probably fine as far as powers are concerned.

Simply for variety and novelty's sake we might want to try and steer away from too many similarities between power schemes amongst students. Just to keep it interesting, but I feel like some overlap is probably unavoidable. Again, my opinion counts for almost nothing, as I don't have a CS up and I'm not technically properly invented yet. :P
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:52 am

I agree with XShishioX! I haven't quite finished my CS but I should finish her up by tomorrow.

I don't mind if people have the same powers but I also think there probably shouldn't be more than 3 people with the same power~

That's just my opinion though (;

"Aunque duela, llega el momento donde se debe
dejar que todo siga su camino, donde es mejor
no forzar nada. Donde se tiene que entender que
aunque con tanta fuerza se desee, hay cosas que
sencillamente jamás serán."

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:32 am

So, you are still accepting people for this, then?
"]Image

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby badboyej on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:07 am

To be honest, I don't really mind. But it would be sweet if everyone had something different.

Like I guess if it's like a secondary power then it won't be that much of a deal, but if we had..Say, two characters that could manipulate fire. Kinda takes away the individuality of the characters... Or am I just being too deep about this? xD

Anywho I don't really mind, just my opinion.

Oh by the way, say hello to Xavier! c:

badboyej
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:14 am

Yeah, I do agree with you ej, just as long as their not exactly the same and etc. I know we each should all have our characters individuality, for example, I really like how my character can walk through dreams with her specific ability.

Anyways, I'm logging off now. I'll be on for a short time in the morning, but probably won't be very active until tomorrow night, so if you have any questions and whatever, just message me and I'll get back to you ask soon as I can~

Also, True Grave I've PM'd you ^^

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:47 am

I received it and replied. I'm going to go ahead and submit my primary character as a new blood student. I'll submit my teacher role later today. I hope you enjoy them.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:19 am

I honestly think that there are sooooo many possible powers that there really is no need for overlap. Just go check out this website and it has oodles of options.

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeclanTv9 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:15 am

Artik wrote:I honestly think that there are sooooo many possible powers that there really is no need for overlap. Just go check out this website and it has oodles of options.

I was totally just about to suggest that website! I guess you beat me to it! haha, that's where I get all of my super powers from! It's a great bank of superpowers, and like you said there are so many powers on the site that there is no need to overpower.

I wouldn't mind if someone were to have a fire technique that branches off from their original, just as long as if it weren't the exact same. Like it was mentioned above, it takes away from the individuality of each character. I'm fine with another pyro user, just don't make them the exact same. Seriously check out the site Artik put up, it's a great one!

DeclanTv9
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Not that awesome on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Oh that website is a godsend. Seriously. I would be totally lost without it. Flynn's finished as of now but I'm tweaking his CS because there's not enough color. I might go back and add some voodoo into his history because yeah why not. I'm pretty, but not completely sure that Flynn's original but really, who would want blood manipulation ew (hint: me) Did that even make sense? Seriously my head is spinning right now

[we're fated to pretend.]

Not that awesome
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Ah I use that site all the time, really is the one of the best ones out there ~

And Flynn seems like a great character, c:
(and don't worry, it did make sense. ;3)

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Shooot, I thought I had made sure I read everybody's charries enough not to copy them but Jane has a power very similar to Flynn's which is animation... I made it so that she must draw or use any artistic means to animate the object but still... I would understand if you want me to change it @Not that Awesome, if so no problem I'll just add another power to her (:

Also, I don't know if she has too many powers or if she might be empowering.... so please tell me if she is so that I can downplay her powers or even get rid of some.

Thanks~

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:41 pm

-blinks- We're allowed to have more than one power?

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreammuffin on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:57 pm

I thought we were only allowed to have one power too XD

dreammuffin
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Not that awesome on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:06 pm

@Emmie Oh no, you don't have to change it. Flynn's isn't really any thing artistic- more like bringing spoons to life and stuff so it's kinda sorta a little different.

Not that awesome
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:18 pm

>.< I saw a few charries who could expand on their powers, kind of like extra powers; I had initially thought of one power but I think someone else took it so I choose shape-shifting. I couldn't figure out how to expand the shape-shifter one so I added a few others.

I so do not mean to overpower as I said before but now that I think about it I might be doing just that... hmm so I might get rid of some >.<

Oh and thanks @Not that awesome for getting back to me so fast (:

[Edit]
I'm really sorry about that... XD I'll just stick with shapeshifting and the other one if that's okay, if not I'll just keep her shapeshifting one (:

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Since were all doing our double checks, I'd like to take this moment to dot my i's and cross my t's. Is anyone else using telekinesis or some form of it? I was planning on using TK Force Manipulation. Also known as Pure Telekinesis or Tactile Telekinesis. However, if anyone who got here first was planning on using Telekinesis, I'll go ahead and change mine. After all, first come, first served.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby badboyej on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:14 pm

Urgh this laptop is annoying me, can't do my coding properly! -flops to the floor- I give up. Just going to leave him the way he is if that's alright? Anywho~

TK Force Manipulation.

Sounds awesome as hell lol.

badboyej
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreammuffin on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:15 pm

Wow TK force manipulation sounds awesome~
I was planning on taking Gravity Manipulation if it's alright ^^

dreammuffin
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!