Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Silhouette Institution

Silhouette Institution

a part of “Silhouette Institution”, a fictional universe by AmyGotScared.

An institution on the middle of France, unknown to the rest of the world theses students are being trained to understand and use in their defense their "Special" Powers.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Silhouette Institution”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Silhouette Institution

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:29 pm

I like you guys' characters, and look forward to roleplaying with you. I'll be in the mix, too, once a picture is secured for my character. I like to think my new blood's power is unique.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:06 pm

Also, the superpower wiki is a godsend. It's so great. I've used it before, but totally forgot where it was. Thanks so very much for the reminder, it makes character creation so much more enjoyable/easy/awesome/geektastic.
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:15 pm

So I just got off work from a very weird day (someone told me I looked like an elf from the hobbit, not sure how I should feel about that haha.) so my mother is taking me for dinner, I should only be a couple hours than I'll reply to whatever confusion that's been posted in the ooc /review character submissions, etc.

Hope you all had a good day. ^^
Where there is no imagination there is no horror. | Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

My honey I know, with the dawn that you will be gone, but tonight you belong to me
Patience and Prudence

http://www.peacefullyreckless.tumblr.com/

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby badboyej on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Take it as an compliment, elves are known for their beauty! xD

badboyej
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:57 pm

ALRIGHT~

So to answer some stuff here, uhm yes originally it was planned kinda one power that you can branch off stuff from, so Emmie some stuff if you want that you can branch things off from shape shifting is to even shape shift into humans for a time period if you have something like a hair or whatever from them, or one of there personal items. You could even shape shift into inanimate object maybe? Just as long as its slightly something related it would make more sense and such.

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emily3456 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:07 pm

Ahhh someone snagged the Shape-shifting power? Ehh...

Perhaps we could make a list of all the powers that are taken? While I don't mind if a few people have slightly similar powers I agree with the fact that it might take away the individuality of characters...

However, I don't plan to alter my course of power action, my character will be able to shift into an animal (just one kind, I'm not quite sure what yet) and branching powers will be enhanced hearing, smell, sight, etc, and I believe she's going to communicate with certain other animal species, but I'm going to be doing this in a way that cant be connected to any of the other shifting powers, I hope no one minds and the power as a whole is still in a work in progress.

On a side note, this roleplay looks like it's going to be extremely fun ^_^
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.”

Emily3456
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreammuffin on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Omg Shishio i love Zac's theme song <3
Gurren Lagann was so good ~

dreammuffin
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Sooooooo good!!!!! It makes me cry, laugh, and shout with triumph in a way no other series can. It's one of my all time favorites. I'm so glad I'm amongst other members of Team Dai-Gurren. :)

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreammuffin on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:28 pm

YEEEEESSS. That show is an emotional roller coaster. It's one of the few animes that I completely fell in love with, even though i havent watched that many :3

dreammuffin
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Ah alright this is just me trying to keep track of things~
So yes lets make a list of everyone powers, if ya'll want to post them here, or just message it to me I will write (literally) a list down, easy to keep track then.

ALSO, I made a post earlier but It might have just got lost withing this sea, so
Because some students have been there longer than others, if you guys want to come up with friend relationships or whatever things between characters, just message whoever and come up with ideas if ya'll want.
(Atheya's open for anything~ c:)

By the way, just to start the "list", here's my direct quote from my CS of my ability

" Mind Linking (Psionic Blast) - The ability to make a link between her mind and anyone else, things she can do with this include:
- Causing extreme pain to ones head. (The only one thing she could due as a New Blood)
-To access memories of that persons past.
-To read the thoughts of that person, or communicate with them through the link.
-To be able to walk through said persons dreams.
-To be able to create a mind block in her mind, to block others from getting into her head.
-To be able to make others see things that are not there. (Her newest addition when she became a superlative student) "

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:05 am

Charlie is going to absolutely hate Atheya, if only due to her ability...so!, that's their relationship in a nutshell! :D

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:25 am

@Dreammuffin, yes. I agree. Words will never be capable of doing Gurren Lagann true justice.

@Amygotscared, I am now finished! Hooray! (Finally right? I'm such a slacker :P) Please do let me know if everything is ok, as far as powers/skillset/anything within my CS is concerned. I want to be good on both our radars, but yours, obviously, comes first. Also, side note, my avatar thingy hates me an isn't working. Fix it Felix! :3 (I just wanted to quote disney. Please don't feel obligated to do anything in particular. I'll futz with it later.)

As for Zachary's, my character's, relationships with the others goes, Zac's a big softie. He's super nice to very one he meets, unless they're mean to him or his friends. Zac doesn't tolerate bullies. Period. Regardless, I feel like Zac would be down to be friends with just about anyone. However, it should be noted that his status as a superlative student would be seen as questionable to some students. Zac doesn't ever seem to visibly use his powers, and he doesn't seem to try very hard in class either. I feel like the new bloods would be pretty chill with him, because he's so laid back for an upperclassmen, however, I feel like some medials wouldn't like him, because he appears to be getting special treatment for no reason on top if being somewhat if a coward/pacifist/weakling. Things to consider.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:41 am

I love your character Shishio! :3 And don't worry 'bout the icon, I know how bloody finicky they are at times~

Also, I actually finished my character as well, got a history up and a few more facts. Takes me awhile to do my characters to full extent, sorry about that.

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:51 am

Just finished as well, damn. 2 am. Well - I think I have at least. I'm kind of iffy about the synergy between his history and personality. Didn't quite flesh out the way I thought it would in my head, so I may tweak it some, but you get the jist. :3

So much for anonymity. Anyhow, I should probably take a look at it when I'm a bit more awake. Goodnight!

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:31 am

@Amygotscared, ooh... really? Oh boy!

As for Zac's powers, he really just has some skills, or moves (think Pokémon), that are all derived from his only real power, which is TK Force Manipulation as an extension of Telekinesis. It's not as well explained, but if you want specifics, check my CS.

1) TK Blast~ fires a basketball-sized orb of force at anything Zac can see. Similar in power to a howitzer or wrecking ball.
2) TK Smash~ Zac releases a powerful burst of TK Force via touch from a striking surface, (e.g. his hand, shin, foot, forehead, elbow, knee, etc.), massively empowering his physical strikes.
3) TK Barrier~ Zac uses TK force to compress large amounts of air into a solid, massively dense state, effectively creating a force field.
4) TK Grip~ Zac performs normal feats of Telekineses, albeit with massive power. Zac is unable to perform anything other than a physical action with this Telekinesis.
5) TK Boost~ Zac covers himself in TK Force, massively augmenting his own speed, strength, and durability. This ability is very stressful on Zac's body, causing large amounts of fatigue and damage to the joints and muscles. Once finished, Zac becomes exhausted for a period of time equal to twice the amount of time TK Boost was active.

If overused, all of these skills can result in Zac's death and/or permanent brain damage.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:37 am

OH, AND BEFORE I FORGET,

I'm going to start writing up the first post tonight, probably will start posting by tomorrow. (hopefully as I'm having my american horror story marathon) but before I do, I have a couple questions for all of you,
Would you all like to have a room mate, or no? It might be easier to do just dorms per character, but I though I would ask; doesn't matter to me either way.
Also would you all prefer to start right in the morning, or sort of mid day?

(Side note: I apologize in advance, my posts can get quite long, they usually are all over 1000 words D;
also sorry about posting so much in the OOC)

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:48 am

Yay we are about to start~! *Does a Happy Dance*
Good luck in your marathon @Amy I actually love American Horror Story <3 which season are you on? ^ ^

I wouldn't mind them having roomates though we have an odd number of girls right now...
Also, I do not mind long post at all, I actually love them <3

Anyways, Okay well... here goes nothing, here are Jane's abilities:

|Abilities|
Shape shifting - Jane can shape into inanimate objects & humans. Her power is limited, of course, especially since she is New Blood. Shifting takes a big toll on her and at times leaves her exhausted. She can shape into humans though she needs a lock of their hair or a personal belonging in order to work, once she shapes into that particular person she may take on memories or characteristics of morphed or assimilated person. The inanimate object transformation is easier though much more painful.

Animal Morphing - She can shape into animals. She must also first study the animal or at least have seen it a couple of times in order to shift.
Side Effects- After she shifts and comes back to her human form she may stick with some demeanors of the animals and or humans. For example, after she transformed into a dog she started to feel the need to lick her hands and even chase after the mailman. She has yet to learn how to shape into another human.

Bio-morphing - Basically, Jane can shift into any living thing, (E.X: Plants, Animals, Bacteria)

~While she is in any shifted form she is able to communicate with that particular being, for example she may transform into a dog and will be able to communicate with other animals. While she has shifted into a Italian she will be able to communicate in Italian~

"Aunque duela, llega el momento donde se debe
dejar que todo siga su camino, donde es mejor
no forzar nada. Donde se tiene que entender que
aunque con tanta fuerza se desee, hay cosas que
sencillamente jamás serán."

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:33 am

Scott only has one ability, the ability to metallize his right arm into a gold and black full-arm gauntlet called Valor. When he activates it, he starts with an aura that disturbs the ground around him, and the level of destruction to the environment depends on his emotional state going into the 'arming'. The aura slowly focuses around his arm, and when it surrounds his arm, it glows bright white. The arm then reshapes into Valor, which can be changed slightly by the emotions of Scott, since it is an extension of him. The only technique that Scott knows is the Fist of Valor, which channels all of his body's strength into a single punch, leveling almost anything in front of him but leaving him vulnerable if the punch fails to stop the opponent. He can only use this technique three times a day, and attempting to use it more than that will damage his arm, possibly destroy it if he tries to hard to go beyond his limit. Scott plans to grow his power and get the gold and black armor to cover his entire body.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Not that awesome on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:44 am

Here's a basic list of Flynn's Powers.

-Blood Manipulation || the ability to generate, manipulate and control the blood of oneself and that which surrounds them. this mutation often takes on similar characteristics to water manipulation, with its users holding the capacity to shape, create, solidify and animate blood in the same manner one might manipulate other liquids. often considered one of the darkest of superpowers, users may go as far as to use their ability to puppet those around them, and may also yank their life force from them if they so choose. however, humanity often overlooks the medical advantages that come with blood manipulation, such as the ability to spawn and regenerate blood not only within the user alone, but in others.

Animation || The power to give crude life to inanimate objects. The user can give a life to inanimate objects/substances, animating the objects to act/move on their own accord out of the user’s control; however they do seem to work in tandem to their animator.

Disease Mimicry || The power to induce the effects of disease for a short period of time on themselves or an opponent. It does this by speeding the disease process immensely, the effects slowly building until their most painful points. The effects descend afterwards. It leaves no side affects at all, and the pain only lasts around a minute. This does not extend to mental illnesses, only physical ilnessess and is most effective with diseases such as rabies, heart attacks etc. which cause the most pain.

Mild Mediumship || User can view ghosts/spirits of deceased and communicate with them, even if they have possessed inanimate objects/subjects/people. They are able to repel and run spirits away from an area, and may even view a visual conception of a spirit world in a trance if wanted.

Summoning || The user psychically transports spirits by means of slight necromancy. However this can backfire if the spirit decides to harm the user.

Shadow Animation || The user can transform their own shadows into living beings. As the rule of anything happening to the real body happens to the shadow, this ability may allow the user to manipulate the body and cause damage of reality by attacking the shadow.. His shadow is called Chandler and he's awesome

(I've deleted some information, so if you're confused, just refer to his CS)

Yay! This is starting! However, I'm not sure what relationship Flynn could have to anyone? He's not the most friendly type, per se, but he might have a friend or two. If anyone wants any relationship please tell me. I just moved from a site where I was always the one left out in role playing, and I never really want that to happen again : /

Anyway, on a lighter note, I love everyone's characters so far Robert Sheehan <3

[we're fated to pretend.]

Not that awesome
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby badboyej on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:16 am

Roomies sounds great! Makes it a little easier for the characters to interact! Omg this is going to be good.

As for abilities. Here are mine

Abilities: Electrokinesis- The ability to create electrical currents and manipulate them. This also includes the use of fulgurkinesis(which is the ability to shoot thunder bolts and all that jazz).

Technokinesis- The ability to manipulate forms of technology. He is a Technopath so he can basically communicate with technology by using Technopathic Perception. He can activate and deactivate technology from a distance and morph them to become more effective for combat purposes.

Magnekinesis- Having the ability to generate and manipulate magnetic fields- However currently Xavier can only use this on small objects such as paper clips.

Hopefully that's sufficient?

And as for Friendships, Xavier tries to get along with everyone so I might drop some of you guys a pm requesting friendships \o/ (Yay!!)

I think Xavier isn't going to like Zac though (oh damn, some tension already!?) xD

badboyej
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!