Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Sin or Virtue?

Sin or Virtue?

a part of “Sin or Virtue?”, a fictional universe by HiddenNymph.

Sins and Virtues have been betrayed by the angels and demons as they grew jealous of their powers. Confined to a safety zone by God and the Devil can the sins and virtues learn to get along? OPEN!! TWO ROLES REMAINING!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Sin or Virtue?”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Sin or Virtue?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HunterOrdo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:03 am

:) Pride and Temperance both have a morbid fascination with sloth. That should be fun.

@GamerX: Thank You, :) but I like the Dragon. I spent a lot of time trying to think of what personified pride, and almost every dragon in almost every book/movie is extremely prideful. Dragons, to me, represent pride. I didnt pick it cause it looked cool :) I even chose Black Dragon to show the dark heart of Sin. How he is self absorbed (Black absorbs all the light and gives nothing back), he is towering as to help him look down on the "Lesser" beings.

Also during the war of heaven Lucifer is referred to as the Dragon, and Lucifer's sin was Pride.. >.< I gave it a lot of thought.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HunterOrdo
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HiddenNymph on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:39 am

I think this should be really good :D

I may have Lust be a previous aquaintence with Sloth if that is alright of all powerful Sloth!!!!

(not all sins/virtues have to have met each other but they know each other if that makes sense?)

(Not all romance if it happens has to be sin/virtue either, can make it sin/sin virtue/virtue if you want tooooo lets see what happens!)

Waiting on hope and charity to reply to reminder email, so just to need to fill Glutten!!
http://www.meh.ro/original/2010_01/meh.ro3249.jpg = Its funneh :3

Did Ghandhi ever tell anyone he hated them? No, he turned away and became the better man.
Doubt I have the capacity for that. Sorry.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HiddenNymph
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:42 am

I am well prepared for it. I wonder how my Character will fit in with everyone. You guys have planned for fascinations whereas Courage and also justice will be the typical Loners who are not very social. XD

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HiddenNymph on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:29 am

Well they could have their judgemental opinions of everyone haha. They are some well known Virtues so could be looked up too almost I suppose.

Lust may get on a few peoples nerves with her cold alluring attitude to use seduction to get what she wants aha

HiddenNymph
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:32 am

I think the only ones that will get on Brant's nerves are the Virtues for the most part. After all he dislikes overly nice people, saving a needless life, giving mercy, and stupid people. All the other Virtues that wouldn't fall under that category he can tolerate, but that doesn't mean he likes them. As for the Sins, well who knows so far. As for why he doesn't dislike all nice people is because of his history.

List that I think Wrath will hate:
Temperance
Faith

List that I think Wrath will like:
Pride
Greed
Envy

List I think Wrath will tolerate:
Justice

List I have no clue about yet or could change for Wrath:
Courage
Prudence
Hope
Charity
Glutton
Sloth
Lust

Dang I put almost 3/4 the time into making that list as I did making my character profile. Odd since all I did was study and compare the character profiles to my Wrath character. XD
I'm my own boss; I make money from doing whatever I want. I could be on here all day and night and still make money. Want to know how? Want in on this fun? Check out WorldVentures.biz and look through the 1: Life is a trip, 2: A life of adventure, and 3: Your journey awaits and watch the videos to find out how. If your interested and want to sign up let me know so I can give you my Sponsor ID that is needed when you click the 'Sign-up today' button in the top right corner of that page.

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HiddenNymph on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:57 am

Aha I cant decide who lust will definietly like or not, she just likes to tease people mainly and get her own with her 'charm' since shes sort of selfish.
sloth she won't really care about too much about since she doesn't do anything but thats alright considering she would harber preferences to people depending on how interesting she finds them, however she normally gets bored of people easily.

Sloth never changes so she would probably just deal with sloth though she may bore her at times.

Glutton would disgust her im assuming (still need to make charrie :P)

Hope would piss her off as she feels her life has nothing to hope for, assuming.

Faith would puzzle her since her trusting is the opposite of her distrusting.

Prudence she would be cautious about simply because he could heal her poisons

Wrath would interest her as he would be nasty/angry all the time instead of flattering her which is all she is used too.

Courage she would tease with her power since he isn't a social person and it would amuse her

Pride she would indulge in for sheer pleasure but would probably feel bad about herself after

Envy she would like very much as she could tease her with jealousy and the rivaly envy has with her would make her feel better as someone has an interest in her without wanting to get to her looks even if it is based on envy instead.

Greed is somewhat similar to Lusts manipulating of people she would get along with greed, she may even help greed lie her way out of something for amusement.

Justice she doesnt really know much of since she keept her distance till now, his tendancy to take physcial action more important than words throws her as most of her actions (flirting) is never serious.

Temperance would annoy her a little since he wouldn't show much of a response to her playful taunts.

Charity she wouldn't mind and would feel bad playing tricks on with her giving nature assuming.

I have expanded on her personality and history some more as I felt she needed to be more in dept :')

HiddenNymph
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doxology on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:59 am

If you want, I can play Gluttony. IT'S A FANTASTIC CHARACTER AND I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY HIM!
Two guys in a dark alley circle each other like hawks readying for the kill. The first one pulls out a penknife and opens it with a flick of his wrist. The blade sets in with a click.
-"Alright, Shirley," he taunts, "Let's dance."
Guy 2 sneers as the icepick flashes in his hand: "Put on your red shoes and dance the blues."
There is a block of awkward silence. Guy 1 finally says: "I was being metaphorical."
Guy 2 replies: "I was being David Bowie."

Doxology
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Yeah Wrath with hate Prudence.....lol

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HunterOrdo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:34 pm

:) this list seems fun, ill do it too! Of course opinions can and will probably change as the RP goes.

Sloth: She intrigues Pride. He wants to find out why she can be so.. well slothful. He also finds her rather striking. Someone he wants to find out everything about. Find out what makes her tick.

Glutton: He disgust Pride. He has no self-control. He has no respect for his body (given by how much he consumes), and physical beauty is something Pride.. well Prides himself in.

Hope: Hope is someone he would look forward to playing with. He would want to break her. To make her lose her vaunted Hope.

Faith: Faith is just like all the ants he ever met. Always believing someone will save or protect them from him, but they wont. Faith is a fool.

Prudence: Not worth his notice.

Wrath: A brute.

Courage: Just a ant that brandishes his sword as he fights the monsters under his bed. Not worth his notice.

Lust: A woman who he would enjoy speaking with, and indulging with. She is not someone truly at his level, so he finds her an amusing distraction.

Envy: He quite likes her. Her envy of him strokes his large ego, so she is someone he would willingly spend time around.

Greed: Greed. He finds the need for objects to be a weakness that only shows the worthlessness that accompanies such things, but he does respect Greed's drive.

Justice: Not worth his notice. Just another self-righteous ant with a sword. He has the same opinion of him as he does courage.

Temperance: Probably the lowest trash of all present. He has no ambitions, no purpose in living. He is not worth his time.

Charity: Oh.. Such a kind little ant. Giving away freely to help the other little insects. He finds her actions amusing.

HunterOrdo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zen_ink on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:41 pm

MY TURN!!

Sloth: jealous of her carefree nature.

Hope: jealous of her optimism.

Faith: jealous of her ability to trust.

Prudence: jealous of his composure.

Wrath: jealous of his power.

Courage: jealous of his courage. duh

Lust: jealous of all the attention she gets

Pride: jealous of his confidence.

Greed: jealous of her stuff.

Justice: jealous of his passion.

Temperance: jealous of his self-discipline.

Charity: jealous of her kindness.

Gluttony: ....not really anything to be jealous of.
~Imagination is just intelligence having fun.~

Enter the world of THE ZODI ACADEMY... (Now Rebooted!)

zen_ink
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doxology on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Greed's point of view:

Sloth: Boring. Can't get anything out of her.

Glutton: He's hilarious. The only person Greed can fully understand.

Hope: Greed can sympathize with hope, but she's too much of a goody two-shoes.

Faith: A boring guy. There's no immaterial; only the material exists for Greed.

Prudence: Greed laughs in the face of Prudence.

Wrath: Great guy. Very passionate.

Courage: Respects him. She had to show courage many times in her past life.

Lust: Very amusing person. But is sex the only thing she thinks about?

Envy: She's fine to be around, but can get pretty annoying after a while.

Pride: She hates being around him; it's like having a ravenous dog at your throat. He's constantly trying to prove something.

Justice: Oh, dear, Greed is a little finicky around Justice. When she wants to get something, she doesn't care if it's just or not.

Temperance: Greed just wants to punch him in the face.

Charity: She can't stand Charity. She would rather eat out of a trash can then be in the same room with her.

Doxology
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:30 pm

@Doxology
I just saw your offer to play Glutton and I just wanted to inform you that I had received permission for creating that sin. I don't want to sound like I am boasting or anything, I just wanted to hopefully tell you before you made the character so your time wasn't wasted. (Then again how can creating a character for a roleplay be a waste of time? I mean who knows which of ours would be liked better.)

@Everyone
This is the character I made for Glutton: roleplay/sin-or-virtue/characters/marama-van-cousland/
I hope you liked him. :D

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Well since everyone is doing it i might as well do it So that way I can make his initial thoughts about everyone. The Point of View of Courage is the following.

Sloth: he would wonder how can a person sleep when a bad situation comes around.

Glutton: He would think he feasts too much rather then fight but he could be wrong.

Hope: Respects hope since at times of war, refugees would have only hope to cling to.

Faith: Very much respects faith due to his religious upbringing and his life.

Prudence: Respects him the same way he respects a medic. Almost highly.

Wrath: Thinks he's like himself, just with no discrimination on what he strikes out against.

Greed: Thinks she focuses too much on material wealth instead of personal wealth. Other then that Respect for her is iffy.

Lust: He never was in a relationship, and of all the women of the Virtues and Sins, he'd have more problems avoiding Lust due to her charms. Around the other women he just remains silent.

Envy: doesn't understand her jealousy over him. Courage is found within one's self not freely given.

Pride: Hates him greatly due to the fact that it was pride that Made Lucifer into the Devil. (Religious person you must understand)

Justice: he makes a good sparring partner.

Temperance: Thinks he's too restrictive on himself and needs to loosen up.

Charity: believes she is the most kindest Virtue of all.

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doxology on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:45 pm

@GamerX: Thanks at the heads up! I was starting to think that she reserved the char for me.
Full Metal Alchemist Gluttony is fine!
Last edited by Doxology on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doxology
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silver7122 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Haha awesome guess I'm up:

Sloth: Prudence doesn't care much for Sloth. While calm and collected like Prudence, her lack of will to take action bores him.

Glutton: Prudence is disgusted by Glutton.

Hope: Greatly favors hope finding her presence of great comfort.

Faith: Favors Faith like Hope but at times finds her naive.

Wrath: Finds Wrath a loose cannon leaving nothing but destruction and pain in his wake.

Courage: Prudence sees Courage as a symbol of victory, but is concerned his unsociable behavior will hurt him if a battle arises.

Pride: An arrogant demon who holds himself on a self-made pedestal.

Envy: Intrigued by how she could hold such bitter sentiments towards others when she has powers no one else does.

Greed: Believes Greed to be untrustworthy due to his nature to want all things for himself. Prudence believes allying with Greed guarantees being stabbed in the back.

Justice: Prudence is comforted by Justice's dominating presence and considers him to be the guardian of the Virtues.

Temperance: Prudence feels greatly connected to Temperance due to his calm, collected nature.

Charity: Admirable in action, but often blind to the results that could follow

Lust: Her manipulative techniques leads Prudence to greatly distrust her words and actions, similar to Greed.

silver7122
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HunterOrdo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:53 pm

@Doxology: Ravenous dog at her throat? :) interesting.

@GamerX: A fight between our characters will be fun.. Both shooting acid at each other.. I might change Dragon Prides breath attack now. Fire is too cliche, Acid was nice, Lightning.. maybe, Frost.. hmm. In Dantes Inferno (the book not the game.. I'll never ever ever reference the game), Lucifer (Pride) was in the deepest circle of hell which was frozen.. so Frost Breath might be suitable.

Yea.. ill change it to frost.

EDIT: I also ended up changing his color as well. Since Lucifer was the most beautiful of angels and his sin was pride.. I figured Prides transformation should be prettier (prettier on the outside then the inside that kinda thing). I made him into a White Dragon. also the picture looked awesome.

HunterOrdo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doxology on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:32 pm

@HunterOrdo: Greed doesn't like being oppressed, lol. We'll have good, irritating times, I can tell.

Doxology
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crybloodredtears on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Since everyone else is doing this list, I might as well do it too. It was a little difficult and took a while as I read over the character personalities and tried to get into her character to see how she'd think. This is what I managed to come up with;

Virtues:
Temperance: She thinks he is too quiet and has hopes that he might break out of his shell even a little but altogether she does hold a certain amount of respect for him.

Courage: She looks up to him as she thinks his courage is great and he is strong emotionally.

Justice: She admires his honesty, whenever he does decide to voice his opinion.

Prudence: She finds him to be kind and quite charming, even finding it amusing at times.

Faith: She is Faith.

Hope: She finds her to be quite comforting and even seems to admire her for being such a comfort to others.

Charity: She admires her kindness and generosity.

Sins:
Wrath: Even though she usually tries her hardest not to judge a person, she truly doesn't care for him and his apparent love of fighting and bloodshed. The opposite of her.

Pride: She doesn't like how he treats others, with disdain and acting like he is better than everyone.

Glutton: She doesn't know him but he doesn't seem to bad, merely hungry a lot.

Sloth: The woman doesn't bother her in the slightest. As a matter of fact, she intrigues Faith.

Envy: She doesn't really know what to think of her.

Greed: Always wanting more and more, who doesn't wish for what they don't have? Faith understands Greed to a certain degree.

Lust: She thinks that Lust needs to believe in herself more, in her heart instead of using her body.
Winter is coming.

~ crybloodredtears..

crybloodredtears
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Clearly Insane on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:55 am

@Everyone: Sorry for some reason RPG doesn't like me and didn't notify me of these new posts so I'm kinda missing out =l

@Nymph: Yeah Lust being an acquaintance with Sloth is A-Okay =]

Woah there's a list? I'm here just noticing the list I wanna do this =D

Sloth's View:

Virtues:
Temperance: She finds this guy a slight interest, which is the most you'll get out of her. The reason why she finds interest in him is that he tucks away so much emotions that she knows is there that she tries to uncover them both in positive and negative methods.

Courage: She doesn't understand why he puts so much into showing such courage that so few had and because of this she teases him and tries to harbor all her troubles on his shoulders just to see if he breaks.

Justice: She finds him a complete bore.

Prudence: She sees herself in him, which is why she cares what people say to him at some extent.

Faith: Her faith into something unseen, unheard, and untouched just baffles her to the point that she will allow Faith to have conversations with her (She rarely contribute to long conversations) about well, faith. Also, the fact that Faith is so gullible and trusting she tries to show the flaws/lies in people just to shake her faith or at least corrupt her view on people.

Hope: She sees her as being simple and weak so she doesn't she her as game.

Charity: She tries to tap into her emotions to make her want and not give, in other words she game to her and the goal is to ruin her.

Vices:
Wrath: She finds him bothersome since he can stir up conflicts or blowup situations and she especially hates it when she's involved in those conflicts/situations.

Pride: She somewhat enjoys his company because he tries so hard to understand her that she finds it amusing especially when she throws him a bone by telling him something about her only to tell him it was a lie.

Glutton: She simply ignores the guy unless he says/do something that pertain to her.

Envy: She doesn't understand her but when she wants some amusement she will go to Envy.

Greed: She does not understand how someone can try so hard to obtain something that she deems little worth, so she pretty much have no interest in her.

Lust : She doesn't think highly of Lust due to her actions but she doesn't think badly of her because she and Lust have something in common, they toy with people and their emotions/feelings.

Clearly Insane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:39 am

@Clearly Insane, Yikes I'd better keep my guard up on you then as Courage if you're gonna place a ton of stress on me. LOL he would probably just say nothing and ignore you but if something rubs him the wrong way he might say a thing or two.

Firewind
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!