Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Superman versus Alex Mercer

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Superman versus Alex Mercer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade 47 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:05 pm

What if the events of [PROTOTYPE] happened in Metropolis, a city under Superman's protection? Would Superman's alien abilities be able to let him destroy Mercer? Discuss using logic and child-lie wonder.
I could squash you like a bug right now, but I'm offering you a choice. Join me! Imagine what we could accomplish together... what we could create. Or what we could destroy! Cause the deaths of countless innocents in selfish battle again and again and again until we're both dead? Is that what you want?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Comrade 47
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Superman versus Alex Mercer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Of course. Superman could kill Mercer with a single punch before he could blink an eye, or burn him to ash from orbit with his laser vision. He would never do that though, he's too good hearted. But unless Mercer had some Kryptonite he couldn't even wound Supes.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:05 am

(Spoiler alert: Thank you, TV Tropes, because I never would have had the fortitude to sit through playing this game myself.)

The thing you're slaughtering half of the population of Manhattan with isn't Alex Mercer. That guy died before the events of the game even started, but before his death, he released the virus he created into the city.

You're probably familiar with the shape-changing powers of "Alex" in that he can morph into the likeness of the last person he's used a certain ability on, which is useful for stealth-based objectives. The thing is, the virus needed a form to take in order to survive, and the form it chose as a baseline...is the person you control during the game's various events. Possibly the most ironic thing of all, however, is that as the game progresses, the virus becomes more human, at least regarding his "sister" and closest ally, in that he's more protective and caring of her than Alex ever was in life.

Regardless, Superman is nigh-indestructible as far as anything humans can dream up goes. He's bulletproof, flies "faster than a speeding bullet" and while his combat options are somewhat limited, he more than makes up for his narrow repertoire with sheer brute force. I'm rooting for the Kryptonian.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:20 am

Yes, but what if... Superman is assimilated by Mercer? Could you imagine Alex absorbing him? O:
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!