Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Breathtaking City of Venice.

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:27 pm

He looked away from her for a moment to the water trying to think of how to respond to her question. He decided to answer her out right.

"I...have a facination with the end of the world. And trying to protect it."

Gabriel sighed and continued to look away. He then just blurted it out while taking her other hand and turning toward her. Better to get it out of the way than her getting hurt in the long run.

"I am a pilot. I fight against de colonies for d'Eart'. Deir last attack upon de American nation, I was dere. Frontline Cheré."

He looked into her eyes awaiting what he assumed to be her inevitable dissapproval. How could some one so...spectacular approve of such a primative way of negotiation.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:42 pm

Despite his warmth she went cold. Images of Paulo's name on a casualty list flooded her mind blocking out the beauty of Venice. The last battle of the war had claimed him, and now another had walked into her life. Tears welled up into her brown eyes, She pulled her hands way from Signore Faille and his her face behind them as she wept openly fir the first time in three years.

"IL Dior mi ha misreport," she said over and over.

Feeling abandoned again, she curled up against Gabriel, the one person to evoke warmth from her, despite his confession. The sense that the horses would crumble made her feel nauseas.

After a good cry she sat up and looked him in the face. Her mascara had run of the she was sure as she wiped the remaining tears from her eyes.

"I am Sorry Signore, I am a mess now."

Why does he have to be so beautiful, so kind. At least he is not from the colonies. What the hell am I going to do.

She pulled away from him and stared into the black water of the Canal. But never thought of telling the Gondolier to stop.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:50 pm

He set a hand on her shoulder looking concerned for her. Not for the mascara stain on his new suit. He sighed hoping that this would happen. He didn't want to her her even if he had just met Seraphina. He had a strange connection. Like he knew her from somewhere. The image of a Falcon with a stake in it's talons flashed before his eyes. Quickly shaking it off he turned her around. Pulling a tissue from his pocket he licked the tip and silently began to dab the skin below her eyes cleaning up the mascara. He said nothing as he did so, but made sure it was quite gentle.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:04 am

She relaxed into Signore Faile's touch. She stared into his green eyes feeling empty inside, spent. His delicate touch and gentle nature moved her. She hated everything he was.

"But he is not that, he loves beauty. He will Protect your horses. Anyway this is Venice, who said it has to be love, but it could be."

She breathed deeply, banishing the argument and grabbing onto to the fact that she liked him, and he was a gentleman. She leaned forward and kissed him.

"You are forgiven," she whispered in his ear. and made the sign of the cross.

So intent was she on him she didn't feel the Gondola stop.

"Signore, Signora, De Scuola,"

She smiled genuinely but wanly.

" Gabriel, are you still in the mood for dinner?"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:16 am

He was caught a little off guard by the kiss but when the question came around he snapped back to life. He closed his eyes and patted his stomach wearing a friendly smile.

"Always up for dinner Cheré. De real question is are you?"

For some reason his accent seemed to shine through now more than ever. He rose and stepped easily out of the gondola and extened his hand to her smiling at the boatman.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:26 am

She quickly paid the gondolier, and took Gabriel's hand, she stepped out of the gondola onto the quay. Her whole body shook but not with the cold. She turned to look at at Gabriel, knowing her deep brown eyes could not hide the hurt, grief, and the caring she had for him. There was something vulnerable about herself that she was unsure of. She clasped the hand that was holding hers with her other hand.

"Signore', I must apologize, I am not usually so..ah..emotional, and I fear that I ave ruined your suit".

Again she smiled wanly. She wanted to Tell him everything, to give him some explanation for her behavior, but could not.

Something are best kept secret.

She turned from Gabriel and stared off into the black water a moment and wondered how long before that black water swallowed them all. She let go of his hand and ran them both through her hair and smoothed out the wrinkles in her dress. As she fidgeted her confidence and composure returned, but there was nothing that could mask her conflicted heart in her eyes.

"The Restorante' Riviera is very good, but very likely very crowded. I am sure we can find a smaller cafe' on the Scuola. Most of them overlook the bay. It is a view that you will take to your grave and always leave you longing for Venice".

She rubbed her temples before looking back to Gabriel.

"Forgive me, I am rambling. I must also apologize for my informality, Signore Faile, I should not have called you by your given name without first asking permission."

She took his hand in both of hers and led him away from the quay into the streets of Venice. A chill passed over her again

Funny that he would be named for the power of God.

She stopped and tuned to Gabriel

"It may be archaic, but it is how we Florentines are, May I call you Gabriel"?

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:36 pm

He was silent as she took his hand and led him up the peer. He smiled at her as she questioned him about his name. He nodded before replying.

"Of course Cheré. It is quite all right to call me Gabriel. I do enjoy de name myself."

He smiled and walked the peer with her.

"I am sure I do not 'ave to tell one such as yourself w'o Gabriel is."

He grinned as he saw recognition in her eyes. He squeezed her hand as he looked at the ground below their feet as they walked before adding:

"Yes a café would be fine."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:58 pm

My First night in Venice and I have a nervous breakdown and fall in love. I never thought I would say it, but I can't wait to see Florence again. This is all madness, it was the first time. God's way I guess. So much destruction, and misery caused by so few. It had to be harder to kill in Dante's day when you had to look at your opponent as he died. These suits. It's not the men it is the politics and the suits, well mostly the politics. It is like the Black and the Whites, It must have been God who sent the Medici to clean up that mess. I hate the whole damnable mess. But I love him, he is like an Angel "The Power of God". Comforter to the Christians, judgement to the Jews. The messenger of the immaculate conception. Sweet Gabriel. Sono uno sciocco per amore.

Her mind raced as she walked with Gabriel hand in hand away from the canal. away from the bright lights of the Restorant'e Riviera and into the darker alleys that were filled with locals and music. Casually she rubbed her arm trying to get warm.

They had walked about 100 meters away from the Riviera, when she noticed a small cafe on her left. The waiter looked bored standing in the doorway and through the windows she could see the place empty.

She smiled as she read the name Il Lair dei Quattro Cavalli

"Gabriel," her voice barely above a whisper, "there. I think you will find this place to your liking."

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:20 pm

He smiled as they walked and kept his eyes on the dock. She was fascinating this woman. When she pointed off to her left at the little café he smiled to himself reading the sign. If French was as close to Italian as he assumed...Nodding he turned back to her.

"Sounds fantastic Cher."

He looked back up at the sign and read it again to make sure he had really understood the meaning before letting out a cautious chuckle.

"Ah de dramatic irony eh Cheré?"

He squeezed her hand gently as he said this before steering her toward the door. The waiter looked up with a pleased grin on his face.

"Una tavola per due?"

Gabriel blinked confused before turning to Seraphina awaiting her reply.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:55 pm

Seraphina smirked at his observation, and pushed her hair back behind one ear.

"Si" she said to the eager waiter, who turned on his heel and led them to a small table in the corner where the window met the wall. They had a nice view of the bay Dan the lights on the other shore. The air smelt of brine, and Alfredo sauce.

It was a small table it would be easy for her to reach across Adan touch Gabriel's shoulder. She automatically reached out and pulled out her own chair and sat down.

I have been on my own too long, she smiled.

"Vino, Singora."

"Momente',"

She turned to Gabriel, smiling despite the shadow of her grief.

"Do you like wine, Gabriel, and if so white or red?"

She laid her hand down n the table palm up, hoping he would take it. Her long fingers looking white in the dim light. She twisted the crucifix at her neck absentmindedly.

"What's the worst he is going to do to me. I never see him again....."
She hoped that wouldn't be true.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:17 am

He followed the two to the table completely oblivious to what they were saying. Just smiled as they talked. He was about to pull out her chair for her when she sat down. His smile widened a little as he took a seat across from her. As the two talked again in Italian he noticed her upturned hand on the table. She turned to him.

""Do you like wine, Gabriel, and if so white or red?""

He smiled as she asked and dragged two fingers gently over her palm and up her outstretched fingers. He took her hand and looked up at the waiter, then back to her.

"Red Cheré."

He whispered. She turned back to the waiter and again said something in Italian, the meaning of which, Gabriel was totally lost to. So he just smiled and rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:03 pm

Turning back to the waiter she ordered a bottle of Merlot from her favorite vineyard, Luna Del Luna. The waiter smiled broadly and hurried off through two doors int he back.

She turned back to Gabriel meeting his eyes, and bit back on the flood of emotion that had been plaguing her since he told her the he was a pilot.

"It seems to me I should ask you something inane like how long are you going to be in Venice, but I think we passed that point a while ago,"she smiled glancing quickly towards the bay.

"So...I have to know how does one such as yourself, cultured, nobility get tangled up in being a pilot?"

Her brow knit briefly throwing a shadow of concern over her delicate features, as she curled her hand around his. Slowly an idea was creeping into her mind.

I do not want to lose him too even if I have only known him briefly too many people have been lost in this ridiculous conflict. I wonder if there isn't some way to maintain peace.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:04 pm

He watched the waiter dissappear through the doors before turning his attention back to Seraphina. She had order a quite delicious wine. His favourite to be exact. He smiled gently at her as she spoke.

"Well, in all 'onesty Cher, I am going to be in Venice eit'er as long as you are, or until my superior calls me."

He replied looking quite upset at the thought he may not get to see her through her stay. Her next question caught him off guard. He gave her a blank look, but shook it quickly. He pondered over the question for a moment crossing his legs. He leaned back in the chair and wondered over it. It was beyond Gabriel how someone could love their home and not try to defend it. He was not a strike back kind of guy, but he knew it was the only way to keep Earth safe from the colonies.

"I am a pilot because I love my 'ome Cheré. I love it so much I am willing to die defending it so dat ot'ers may love it as much as I 'ave, as much as I do."

He bit his lip hoping shoul could understand his fondness for the world. He had been to the colonies. Everything there seemed so artificial. He could never live there. Gabriel could not live anywhere the natural beauty of Mother Nature did not touch. I mean, he was a decendant of the Faile family, or the Falcon family, as it was known in English.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:12 pm

Finding out he was on leave made her feel better.

"At least the threat to us isn't immediate" She thought to herself believing maybe there was time to negotiate.

She watched him fidget a bit and became concerned that she had offeneded him. His answer was a shock in its simplicity. It sounded like propaganda but from Gabriel she felt is was genuine.

"I should have known it was simple love and nobility with you. There are those in Florence who feel the same way. I just want peace, I have grown accustomed to it I guess." her eyes clouded over again with a viel of tears. "It is cerainly easier on the heart".

The waiter returned and placed two wide mouthed glasses on the table, then showed her the lable. It was a good year. She nodded in acceptance taking the opportunity to wipe tears from her eyes.

"Grazi," she said the waiter, dismissing him.

"I am babbling again, aren't I."

Nervously her free hand began to twist the crucufix again, and the colours of Florence in spring jumped to her mind. In front of her knelt a dark haired young man with a red velvet box that was open. On a white bed of satin sat the very crucix she wore at her neck.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:47 am

He nodded loosing himself momentarily in flashes of battles long past. Battles beside Xavier, battles beside Zechs. Battles for Earth. He let out a long sigh realizing it had returned. When he saw here eyes begin to fill he squeezed her hand gently and gave her a sorrow filled look. When the waiter had left he kept the grip upon her hand.

"I know it is Cheré. But someone 'as to fight for dat peace. Peace 'as never come wit out sacrifice, an I love dis world enough to know dat I am willing to sacrifice myself so dat ot'ers, like yourself mon Cher, can continue to enjoy dat peace."

When he finished he loosened the grip on her hand only to be caught off guard by her squeezing back. He smiled softly at her realizing he was ready to die if it meant this woman could live. He was willing to die for her alone. No one had ever touched Gabriel like she had, even in the short time they had known each other. His only real friend was Xavier, and even he had grown cold and distant with the loss of his wife and unborn child. He looked away suddenly. Wondering if it was a good idea to get close to this woman, considering that he could be gone, or killed at any moment. He was a defender of the Earth first and foremost, a lover and a friend second.

Gabriel turned his gaze back to Seraphina and rose from his seat.

"I will be back momentarily Madamé Seraphina. Ma dépendance m'appelle."

He kissed the back of her hand and walked toward the front door removing one of his cigarettes from the pack, followed by his lighter with the other hand.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:31 am

She watched him go and her heart sank.

If I let myself love him, this will be my life, again. Hanging on thread everyday wondering if he will be coming back. Can I do that again. Saint Kathreine what is a girl to do. This is the most alive I have felt in three years.

She closed her eyes and prayed her hand never leaving her crucifix. Paulo, what am I to do? He is a good man, he deserves a good love. He is like you. Is this my fate to love those that may never return.

She opened her eyes and watched him through the window, as he smoked his cigarette. She couldn't resist smiling as she thought of him and the brief time that they had had.

"It doesn't have to be brief" she looked behind her expecting there to be someone there, but there was only a picture of San Marcos.

She motioned for the waiter,who came rushing to the table.

"Che cosa voi suggeriscono" she asked never taking her eyes off of Gabriel.

"Il alfedo del polipo ed il gambero del burro con il fettecinni" the waiter replied promptly.

"Grazi. Quando il sig. Faile rinvia ordineremo."

"Come desiderate, sig.na,"
the waiter than scurried back to his corner.

Her heart beat faster as the time passed waiting for him to return.

I must be mad.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:42 am

Gabriel leans against the wall with one foot pressed against it bent at the knee. He smoked the cigarette in a hurry before extingushing the smoldering filter in an ashtray near the door. He turned around and pushed open the door to the café as he looked at Seraphina smiling. She was beautiful. Gabriel's thoughts were interupted by the waiter coming back.

"Siamo pronti a ordinare?"

The waiter asked looking from Gabriel to Seraphina.

"Credo cosí il Signore. What would you like Gabriel?"

"De Parmingean di vitello sounds pretty tempting Cheré,"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:42 am

She ordered the alfredo de polipo, and another bottle of wine. Once the waiter had left the table, she turned to Gabriel, stretching her hand out to him.

'You implied that there was no definite period of time that you were going to be in Venice, which is a travesty, it is beautiful city. I guess to get more to the point I will be here at least two, three days, maybe longer if I don't quit running around with you, before I go back to Florence and the Medici. Have you ever been to Florence?"

She raised her eyebrow, expecting that he had. She topped off her glass and offered the bottle to him. The Venetian night air was full of the songs of the Gondoliers echoing off the high walls of the Piazza's. She cold also here the kitchen come to life ad new their meals would be here shortly.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:06 pm

He took the bottle and her hand at the same time hoping taking her hand would catch her a little off guard considering her attention was on the bottle. As he filled the glass he smiled to himself. Setting the bottle down he looked up at her with teasingly playful eyes.

"No, but I 'ope to visit soon. Per'aps in two or t'ree days."

He grinned from behind the glass as he let the pleasant wine filter itself down his throat. Good year.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:59 pm

She let a gasp escape feeling his hand around hers. And smiled at the playful light in his eyes. She was shocked by the fact that he hadn't been to Florence and flattered by the idea that he would follow her there. She drank her wine, buying time to tihnk of a response.

She set down her glass just the waiter came through the kitchen doors with their meals. He placed the plates on the table before turning to Seraphina.

Niente altro, sig.na

Nessun grazzie.

Bene apetite, the waiter replied before stpeeing out onto the street and lighting a cigarette.

She turned to face Gabriel, "I hope you enjoy it, quite frankly I have never been here before". She smiled broadly at the most innocetn confession of the night.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!