Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Ivory Door

The Ivory Door

a part of “The Ivory Door”, a fictional universe by fish-with-a-knife.

The discovery of the century, or something much more sinister?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Ivory Door”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Ivory Door

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:36 pm

Due to how long it takes for posts to be made, I've decided to change up the way posting order works:

Instead of a specific order, everyone will be able to post once at whatever time is available, as long as everyone gets a turn. I will post at the bottom/top of each order, signaling when everyone is able to make their next post.

Questions?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:59 am

No dispute here. I'll wait till everyone else has posted obviously.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:27 am

In. Sorry about being so late compared to everyone else.
"And that... Is all I can tell you." - The Bard.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Walt, if you posted, I think the site ate it.

As for everyone else, make sure your next post is in the dining room.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Seriously? Gorramit!!!! *Sigh* I can't fix and repost until at the earliest tomorrow, possibly Saturday. I'm so very sorry. My character wandered off from the group to find the library, anyway, so just go on without me until I can find out what happened.

Edit: If you want me to change it when I can get on a computer so that he doesn't go to the library but goes to the dining room, I will.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:50 pm

WaltJRimmer wrote:Seriously? Gorramit!!!! *Sigh* I can't fix and repost until at the earliest tomorrow, possibly Saturday. I'm so very sorry. My character wandered off from the group to find the library, anyway, so just go on without me until I can find out what happened.

Edit: If you want me to change it when I can get on a computer so that he doesn't go to the library but goes to the dining room, I will.

Either works, and I hope you don't hate me for moving the rp along without you D:

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:36 pm

No, this kind of thing happens sometimes and I don't want to slow things down. Probably tomorrow afternoon I can get on. Right now, I can see my post, I posted with the location being the library, but if no one else can, I'll see what I can do for a fix.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Oh, that's why I didn't see your post, it was in the library XD

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:59 pm

I get the bad feeling that my character will be one of the first to either go mad or die. He does seem the type and has few applicable skills if things start getting heavy.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:50 pm

@Walt: just means more fun :D

@everyone: Alright, I don't like moving on without people, but I don't want the story to get snagged when more than half of the group is good to go. I'll give it another hour, and then I'll post.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:14 pm

I'll edit my post so that he'll leave the page for later so the two characters in the library go to the dining room.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to post. I've been really busy and frazzled. Tomorrow.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Luckily stuff came up, so everyone has until some time tomorrow.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:23 pm

New round, go go go go!

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Okay, my deepest apologies. I can't do this anymore. I've got National Novel Writing Month and an essay due next month, plus my band, plus trying to write some pieces for other projects. I can't keep up with this RP's pace. I fold. Do what you will with Fr Darrow.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Erik7622 wrote:Okay, my deepest apologies. I can't do this anymore. I've got National Novel Writing Month and an essay due next month, plus my band, plus trying to write some pieces for other projects. I can't keep up with this RP's pace. I fold. Do what you will with Fr Darrow.
I'm sorry about that, but I did wait 3 days before starting the new round. I don't mean to leave anyone in the dust, but it isn't really fair to make everyone wait repeatedly for one or two people. If the group was smaller, it wouldn't be an issue. I hope maybe in the future you can rejoin us though, since you seemed like a great, competent rper.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovebird on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:41 pm

I'm sorry Fish, but I think I'm going to have to fold my cards too.. It's not that I hate this rp or anything, because I would kill to be in one like this again. I just have a lot of school/family issues right now that I have to address before I'm allowed to write anything more. Again, I'm sorry, but I do hope to be in one of your rp's in the future! Goodbye everyone, and please don't hold too many grudges against me.

-Bird

Lovebird
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:44 pm

I'm sorry, not to be mean or anything but I don't quite get what pace some people expect. Sure, not everyone can post 10 times a day or even twice a day, but once a day isn't too huge of stretch imo(unless school and life get you dragged down), but once every FEW days is more than enough time in a group RP(1x1's are different) so yeah, to me the pace of this RP is actually kinda slow & steady, not fast. lol

But anyways, I hope this doesn't die...I really hate that RP's fall apart so quickly on here =( >.<
*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"μžμ‚΄μ€ 고톡을 없애주지 μ•ŠλŠ”λ‹€. 단지 λ‹€λ₯Έ μ‚¬λžŒμ—κ²Œ 고톡을 μ „κ°€ μ‹œν‚¬ 뿐이지." --->>*도움*

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:13 am

I'm sorry Fish, but I think I'm going to have to fold my cards too.. It's not that I hate this rp or anything, because I would kill to be in one like this again. I just have a lot of school/family issues right now that I have to address before I'm allowed to write anything more. Again, I'm sorry, but I do hope to be in one of your rp's in the future! Goodbye everyone, and please don't hold too many grudges against me.

-Bird

No no, its fine! I understand that real life is a little more important than roleplay. Just a little.
I'm sorry, not to be mean or anything but I don't quite get what pace some people expect. Sure, not everyone can post 10 times a day or even twice a day, but once a day isn't too huge of stretch imo(unless school and life get you dragged down), but once every FEW days is more than enough time in a group RP(1x1's are different) so yeah, to me the pace of this RP is actually kinda slow & steady, not fast. lol

But anyways, I hope this doesn't die...I really hate that RP's fall apart so quickly on here =( >.<

I thought once every three days would be enough, but no one has posted in the new round yet, and that bugs me a little. I feel like this rp might die anyways, and that's really disappointing because I thought that I had a nice thing plotted out.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:30 pm

fish-with-a-knife wrote:

-Bird

No no, its fine! I understand that real life is a little more important than roleplay. Just a little.

I thought once every three days would be enough, but no one has posted in the new round yet, and that bugs me a little. I feel like this rp might die anyways, and that's really disappointing because I thought that I had a nice thing plotted out.

Meh C'est La Vie with RPG.com......
It has nada to do with your plot an everything to do with the RPG.com curse that causes RP's to die in flocks around here! haha. Some RPers get busy, some have super-short attention spans, some wanna start/focus-on their own RP's - like Lovebird, and etc.

Whatever reason(s) a RP dies quickly it's not always the GM's fault....unless they're one of the ones to vanish! lol

All you can do is message people and remind them to post =)

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!