Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat โ€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Ivory Door

The Ivory Door

a part of “The Ivory Door”, a fictional universe by fish-with-a-knife.

The discovery of the century, or something much more sinister?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Ivory Door”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Ivory Door

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm still here, checking in several times a day, but I don't really know what to have Adam do besides come in, right about just after the guy's finishing his speech. I wouldn't know what to do with him after that point right now, so I was waiting for some others to post first. And I've got another roleplay I'm in, I joined it about the same as I joined this one. It's run by a couple of veterans of this site and is really well put together, but it hasn't had a post in two days. And one or two of the people who signed up, and you had to not only make a character but do an audition to eliminate people who weren't serious, haven't even posted since it started.

I like this roleplay and I like how it's going. One of the possible problems is the size of the crew we have. Unless you already have a lot of people you trust, it's risky to have more than about 4 to 6 people in a roleplay, especially if it depends on all the characters. If you need more characters, sometimes it's best to have people play multiples. But there's also a big luck thing. I've seen moderators start roleplays that don't survive very long at all. The roleplay is wonderfully created and run, but they just have bad luck.

Like has already been said, many of the roleplays on here die quickly. That's why you see so many reboots, people giving it another shot. I personally am not ready to give up on this. It's fun, I'm concerned about my character, but I like playing him. Some of the people I've oh so briefly met playing this seem like the type that I would want to game with more often and I do want to see it continue. Like she up there said (Hello, Butterfly, nice to meet you, by the way.) a good tactic is bugging people to post. If that doesn't work, you might want to consider a few changes to the structure of the roleplay. Like, however I hate to say it, kicking inactive players and giving their characters to people who can play them. That's a last ditch, desperate move, but I've seen it done. It's about a 50/50 shot at that point.
"And that... Is all I can tell you." - The Bard.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:35 pm

Yeah, but literally everyone is inactive. I'm about ready to call this dead, though if anyone actually posts, I'll be willing to continue on. Unless everyone just wants me to post again? I guess I could do that too...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:56 pm

I could post again myself if you want, I was just the the last to post before you so I didn't wanna go....posting order and what not. ^^
*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"์ž์‚ด์€ ๊ณ ํ†ต์„ ์—†์• ์ฃผ์ง€ ์•Š๋Š”๋‹ค. ๋‹จ์ง€ ๋‹ค๋ฅธ ์‚ฌ๋žŒ์—๊ฒŒ ๊ณ ํ†ต์„ ์ „๊ฐ€ ์‹œํ‚ฌ ๋ฟ์ด์ง€." --->>*๋„์›€*

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Milk-two-Sugars on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:39 am

It's such a shame this RP seems to have died :( I don't suppose anyone would be interested in reviving it, maybe starting over to fill all the spots left by inactive players?

Milk-two-Sugars
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:51 am

Milk-two-Sugars wrote:It's such a shame this RP seems to have died :( I don't suppose anyone would be interested in reviving it, maybe starting over to fill all the spots left by inactive players?
I was considering running this game on another site, or something, since people can't seem to actually keep up with anything on here. Its frustrating, since I love the way I can lay out an entire map of threads, but yet I can't even get past the introduction with players.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!