Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Mercenaries' Princess

The Mercenaries' Princess

a part of “The Mercenaries' Princess”, a fictional universe by Siryn.

The princess is cursed with a kind of 'disease' that threatens her heart, so she's locked up in her room by order of her mother. She escapes with the hope of finding freedom, and finds herself in the hands of the mercenaries.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Mercenaries' Princess”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Mercenaries' Princess

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:00 am

@Qaida

If no one else steps up and you need a love interest for Shyc I'll volunteer. Though with Dinan being the complete opposite persona wise..it'd be interesting to say the least.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:22 am

Ooh Battlemage!! Wonderful idea Derek!! Also, I was kinda thinking that it would be very interesting if Dinan was Shyc's love interest. I wasn't sure if you would go for that or not haha so I wasn't going to ask. Anyway, thanks so much! ^.^ That'll be fun!

Totally looking forward to everyone elses characters!
There is Magic all around, you just have to look to see it...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Siryn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ボクセルちゃん on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:59 pm

Almost finished with my character, all I need to do is complete the History.

ボクセルちゃん
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:16 am

Alrighty sounds good! :D

I'm hoping to start by Thursday or Friday next week guys. I hope that's enough time for everyone :) Thank you!!! ^.^

Siryn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:59 am

Good to know, Gives me some more time for research.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm editing Razeluxe a bit to better fit the image of a leader (because I assume nobody wanted that role still). As far as his personality, he won't change drastically, but he'll be much older. His history is the main focus, but I'm editing some of his traits and stuff so that we'll have a bit of diversity, instead of everybody just being swordwielders (and by diversity, I mean he'll use the bow).

<3

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Cool guys! Sounds awesome :D This will be really awesome I can't wait for this to start. I think I'll keep the original beginning (with some edits obviously) but we'll keep the general opening from the last one. (This is a Restart to the original that I started :) )

Siryn
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Homesick Angel on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Meanwhile, my elementalist will have a designated healing skill and have more of a motherly attitude... Cuz that grain needed to be cut across.

Homesick Angel
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Wait I joined a restart? Well don't that beat all, I wish I knew that earlier. Anyway not what I wanna talk about. I got some of the Soul Magic Mechanics and abilities worked out. And I am seeking input and of course GM approval.

Soul Magic

Users of soul magic are not the Mages of various schools nor the shamans of tribal origins. Soul Magic is granted to those individuals who have trained in Kamael battle techniques and have gained possession of a Soul Forged Weapon. It is interesting to note Mages are utterly incapable of pursuing this branch of magic as their inborn abilities interfere with the traditional training methods. In addition to the brutal methods involved in training Users are required to harvest the souls of their fallen enemies. Their weapon will of course be the only method open to them. Souls are stored within the weapon itself,were their mere presence helps passively strengthen the user to a slight degree. More importantly these trapped souls are the source upon which the spells of this school draw power from. Like any other branch of magic Soul Magic can be expressed both Offensively or Defensively, though the school is utterly lacking in healing spells. The cost of the spells is measured in Soul Burn, a measure of fast it will burn through a stored soul(s). Advanced Users will however know the secrets of using Soul Energy more efficiently.

Aura Blast- A basic technique it is nonetheless the staple of all students of this school. Consisting of a blast of energy it's exact usage and effect vary by the weapon it is channeled through. Archers use it to add increased range and splash damage to their attacks. Melee experts can either do a simple wave of energy that travels forward or harness the blast to temporarily increase damage and reach of their weapon.

Aura Shield- The most basic of shield spells it is meant as anti-magic barrier, absorbing any spell sent against for however long the User cares to maintain it. Though only the most advanced users will be able to maintain it for more then a few seconds at a time due to its high Soul Burn rate.

Corporeal Shield- A basic shield meant to block the physical, has the same limitations as Aural Shield.

Soul Exchange- The only healing type spell this school possesses. Though it can only be fuelled by the User's soul not stored ones. In essence the User trades their soul to heal or even raise a fallen being back from the dead. Though not a fatal exchange the User loses foremost the ability to channel Soul Magic. In addition they become husks of their former selves losing all memory and emotion..

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:19 am

Sorry sorry, I shoulda said before hand that it was a restart. Hope that's alright >.> Anyhow! Don't worry too much, we didn't get very far in the original. Hell we didn't even get past 'quest one' XD Jeez.

Anyhow!!! As for the soul magic, looks good Derek and I approve :) That sounds like it's going to be loads of fun hehe and I can't wait to see your character in action! Thanks ^.^

Siryn
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:13 am

It's not a big deal, it is just this will be the first restart I joined without being a founding author is all. Though personally I think the princess should be using a Talwar, it's lighter then a Katana and much more combat effective then a Rapier. Even the weakest fighter can chop limbs with ease. Though of course even your average Zweilhander weighs in at little more then six or seven pounds.

Also for the record unless there is magic involved ( which of course there will be of course) a sword isn't going to cut through plate armour. Real tired of that, also will gut the next person who uses the phrase" But it's a Katana". Any idiot can cut a pig in half with a dull blade let alone a sharp one. Kinetic Force and how it's distributed determines cutting ability. And in that department almost every sword is basically equal, design issues and techniques aside. Long sword and Katana alike....Anyway going to end that before I start ranting too much.

@Qaida

Wanted to talk about the whole Shyc x Dinan thing. Exactly how do you think it should start. We talking any sort of back story or simply it kinda happens some time down the road?

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:23 am

Qaida wrote:Sorry sorry, I shoulda said before hand that it was a restart. Hope that's alright >.>

I'm not seeing the big deal in the first place. A reboot is a reboot. And this one is only the first one, so I don't see why it'd bring up any attention.

Derek Smith wrote:Also for the record unless there is magic involved ( which of course there will be of course) a sword isn't going to cut through plate armour. Real tired of that, also will gut the next person who uses the phrase" But it's a Katana". Any idiot can cut a pig in half with a dull blade let alone a sharp one. Kinetic Force and how it's distributed determines cutting ability. And in that department almost every sword is basically equal, design issues and techniques aside. Long sword and Katana alike....Anyway going to end that before I start ranting too much.

I'd beg to differ. I think Glorious Nippon Steel can cut through anything.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:43 am

Ah damn, Famished, my new character also carries a bow now... nah well, can't be helped. Already wrote the most of the things so I am sorry I can't change it any longer. Anyway, he's gonna be finished tonight.

Well, telling this is a restart doesn't means much anyway cuz we've never reached the real action so I guess there's nothin anyone could have missed. Hope this is gonna boom though =)
"Every mother on earth gave birth to a child. Except my mother: she gave birth to a legend. High five mom!" - lolsotrue.com
"Periods are ridiculous. I shouldn't be punished for not being pregnant," - lolsotrue.com
"Dear Life, when I said 'Can my life get any worse', it was a rhetorical question, not a challenge." - lolsotrue.com

REMEMBER: Facebook is not a FREAKIN' DIARY. Who the hell wants to know when you go to the fuckin' TOILET?

Finneline
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:13 pm

@FamishedPants

I don't even know where to start with you so I am not other then to say you obviously need less internet and much more time actually spent using all types of swords. That and a Katana is a bi-metal blade, and most of the sword was actually iron not steel. You know that wavy line down the blade, the hamon, shows where the iron and steel meet. In fact as a sword the Katana is a failure, the same results can be achieved far easily as the Arabs and Europeans proved. As a feat of metallurgy the Katana is a success but that point is academic.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Homesick Angel on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:06 pm

Uh, guy, I think Famished was joking.

Homesick Angel
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Derek Smith wrote:@FamishedPants

I don't even know where to start with you so I am not other then to say you obviously need less internet and much more time actually spent using all types of swords. That and a Katana is a bi-metal blade, and most of the sword was actually iron not steel. You know that wavy line down the blade, the hamon, shows where the iron and steel meet. In fact as a sword the Katana is a failure, the same results can be achieved far easily as the Arabs and Europeans proved. As a feat of metallurgy the Katana is a success but that point is academic.

Well you obviously need less time actually using all types of swords and more time on the internet. Don't take things I say seriously, especially when they're obvious jokes like such, brah.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:53 pm

Alright. Let's not fight over something like this. Relax guys. I don't wanna get mean and have to remove peoples. I love your characters too much!!! Anyhow...

To be fair, it's hard to tell tone over the internet seeing as you're not actually speaking to one another. In light of that, emoticon's such as smiley faces and the like would help to level out your tone and what you consider joking and what not. Okay?

Alright! Now that that's over with... To your question about Shyc and Dinan, Derek. Well if you want some back story that would be fine :) I have a few plans for Shyc that are detrimental to the roleplay that would involve his love interest. How they get there though, totally open for anything ^.^ I was thinking that Shyc could have already been sorta attracted to him at the start, but hadn't said anything as of yet. My first plan -and I think I'll go with this- is to have Sakura just chatting with him one night and ends up asking what his feelings are towards each of the members of the group and she'll pick up on his liking Dinan. What you do with that, though, is totally up to you.

If you do want some back story, you can PM me with any ideas you may have and I can edit Shyc's character sheet accordingly (if need be) and we can hash that out before we get started :)

Remember, this story is going to be driven by you guys too. So even though I will have plans that I'll be putting into effect, if you all have any kind of back stories that you wish to have involved in the RP, by all means, please bring them into play. If you need anything from me to help enact those plans, feel free to PM and we'll get it going.

Siryn
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Homesick Angel on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:26 pm

Basically Famished is the silliest person you can meet on this site. And it's why we (begrudgingly) love him. Since I personally don't use emoticons, I tend to be completely over the top with my jokes and sarcasms. Also, a lot of unnecessary 's's

Onward to relative RP information! I've got some hidden backstory pertinent to her character tucked away for Willow. Dunno how I'll ever get around to revealing it, but I'll find a way. I'm fantastic like that.

Homesick Angel
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:59 pm

@Qaida

No your idea works just fine, better then back story. In the sense it is I do I put this...More organic and less contrived, also admittedly far easier to build into Dinan's overall personality( read less work. ).

@Homesick Angel and FaminshedPants

My apologies then, jokes are not my forte.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Ehm Qaida, I am finished somehow, hope it's not too shabby. Anyway, for the backstory, may I add it throughout the roleplay? There are things I gotta look over first.

Then... I am just gonna leave this thing here, dear fellow roleplayers~

Finneline
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!