Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Philadelphia Murders

The Philadelphia Murders

a part of “The Philadelphia Murders”, a fictional universe by Yesterday's Repeat.

A murder mystery game along the lines of popular police dramas such as CSI and Criminal Minds.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Philadelphia Murders”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Philadelphia Murders

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaoicangel on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 am

Oh wow, I can sense clashing in Alec's future. Anyway the rookie is an interesting guy. I'm glad we're still getting characters in, this rp deserves to have all the spots filled, it's awesome!

Oh and, *thumbs up* I can do that!
With love,
Chaoicangel

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chaoicangel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cretetts on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:50 am

Hey just tell me when you need rookie to drop in on the scene, if anyone is still back at the station maybe they can pick me up? If not ill just say some random officer is bringing me.
*Edit* and thanks for all the positive feed back on the character :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cretetts
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yesterday's Repeat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:17 am

@cretettes: Yah, your rookie is going to need to get dropped off by a nameless cop.

@Everyone: Yes. As english said, please let us know if the story is going too slow or too fast. Or anything else. It has been a while since we have actually had players for any of our games. (they were evidentally too original for the old site we playedon)
We studied the fine art of RPing at Gaia. That's like learning to be a doctor in your uncle's barn.
-Oscar L. English

Yesterday's Repeat
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarahGracie on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:55 pm

Question:

How close in location have these murders happened? Are they spread across the city or has the killer stuck to a section of the city?
A successful novel should interrupt the reader’s life, make him or her miss appointments, skip meals, forget to walk the dog. - Stephen King

The same should apply for an RP.

SarahGracie
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:03 pm

I was wondering the same thing, and also what kind of area it was? Is it obviously middle-class or poor or something else?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yesterday's Repeat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:43 pm

The killings are spread out across the city.

Yesterday's Repeat
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarahGracie on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Nice post Rookie!

And thanks Yesterday for the clarification. I'm sure I'll be annoying you with more questions later. X3

SarahGracie
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscar L. English on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Yesterday, Yesterday! Did you see that? They called our game awesome. I haven't been so happy in so long. :,D You all must realize how much we take this game to heart.

That was a good question, SarahGracie. I have been thinking about that for a while now, but did not compose a map because it is not terribly important to the case. I am trying to keep the clues, hints, and facts all rather narrow, so all the evidence doesn't cluster up the story.
To build on Yesterday's answer, the murders to occur in very randomized areas. The murders do happen in places near business, however they are spread throughout. Those killed are of a similar middle-class social stature, and belong to various ethnic groups.

Oh wow. The rookie is Canadian. Don't tell Ben that, he refers to everyone by nick-names. He shouldn't have the chance to call your character the Canuckie Rookie.
"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

Oscar L. English
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yesterday's Repeat on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:02 am

Hey guys. Not sure if I mentioned this, but I will not have real intermet until sometime after the 10th of this month. Until then I am posting from my phone. So please temporarily forgive any spelling errors on my part.

And the characters list will be updated when I get real internet, just so you know. As will the evidence list.

Yesterday's Repeat
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NathanielTruth on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:57 am

Wow,

I don't go online for one day, and suddenly we have two new team members. Welcome! I'm sure you're help is much needed.
Now it's time to work on my next post.

(and I like my coffee black please :P )

NathanielTruth
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscar L. English on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:39 am

:D !

Balls, you guys are great posters! Prompt and literate! The content is fleshy! Hell yeah, guys! Speaking of, I need to post as Ben now. Too bad I have to leave for work in a few seconds. Luckily (I guess..) I will be doing vast amounts of manual labor--five hours of organizing back-stock-- so my mind will be poised to think of a post. I'll post toooonight~

Oscar L. English
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cretetts on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Hey guys im going up to my cottage until monday or tuesday so if the rookie is needed for something feel free to move him aorund, just nothing big. Thanks again :)

cretetts
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarahGracie on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:55 pm

Wow! Hope you have a great time cretetts!

I can't speak for anyone else, but Victoria will try not to torture the Rookie too much while your gone. Hehe. See you next week!

~SarahGracie~

Pisssst.... Does locking him in a shaving cream filled locker count as 'too big'??? XD

SarahGracie
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NathanielTruth on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:58 am

Hey,

I know I didn't write down anything to further the story, but I'm in a bit of a hurry. I'm leaving for a couple of days as well. Hopefully I'll be back on monday, otherwise tuesday.

You can move my character around as well if you need to continue the story. Otherwise just let him do some computer research after you've left the crime scene or something.

See ya,

NT

NathanielTruth
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscar L. English on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:09 am

Howdy everyone!
I am going to play a witness at the scene, and then I think we are safe for a time skip. Is that chill with everyone?

Oscar L. English
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:06 am

Ooh, witness, fun stuff. I think we're pretty safe for a time skip, especially given that two of our members are now on temporary hiatus. We'd all kinda just be standing around shooting each other looks at this point... :3

~Kiku~

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaoicangel on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:47 am

A witness? :D It exiting even though Alec will most likely have nothing to do with said witness. I'm all for a time skip, like Kiku said, we'd all just be shooting each other glances until we run out of things to glance at each other about. And we don't want that.

Chaoicangel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscar L. English on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Ho'kay.

Yesterday and I are going to work out a few things and then one of us is going to post. It shouldn't be long, we just need to figure out what we both agree will make for a better game.
Stay classy, RP-ers.

*EDIT*

Alright everyone! Storyline is back on board! Scratch the witness, we are going to shoot for something more fun -- no pun intended.

Oscar L. English
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaoicangel on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Something more fun than a witness? This I have to see! Now I'm really exited! I can hardly wait to see what you guys have in store!

Chaoicangel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarahGracie on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Can't wait to see what's in store! X3

Keep up the good work GMs!

SarahGracie
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!