Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Philadelphia Murders

The Philadelphia Murders

a part of “The Philadelphia Murders”, a fictional universe by Yesterday's Repeat.

A murder mystery game along the lines of popular police dramas such as CSI and Criminal Minds.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Philadelphia Murders”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Philadelphia Murders

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yesterday's Repeat on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:56 am

Feel free to use this board for out of character chatter and discussion.

Crime Scenes and Evidence (to be reviewed at your leisure. Most recent crime scene is in bold)

1)
Married couple; Richard and Karla Unger
Richard; 180 pounds, 23 years old, intern at a law firm. Karla’ 110 pounds, 25 years old, barista at local coffee shop.
Occurred between 4am-6:30am April 10th, 2010

-Homicide occurred in the hallway outside of their apartment.
-Karla Unger was stabbed in the stomach, upper right arm, and had her neck slashed from right ear to collarbone.
-Richard Unger was hit in the back of the head with a blunt object, neck slashed from right ear to collarbone.
-Due to blood spatter, it is believed Richard was caught by surprised and hit on the head, rendered immobile. Karla was then murdered, after the initial attack, and Richard was then murdered.
-Couple had been walking home after a late night art-viewing party.
-No witnesses. 12-15-inch common hunting knife is the suspected weapon.
-Single man’s size 12 sneaker shoe print left in blood spatter.
(Shoe size was the only detail outside of the location and names of the victims was released to the press.)

2)
Engaged couple; Hector Brokaw and Orchid Theremin.
Occurred between 2-3:00am, April 12th, 2010
Hector Brokaw; 140 pounds, 35 years old, unemployed. Orchid Theremin; 98 pounds, 28 years old, commuted to New York City as a wedding consultant.

-Homicide occurred in an apartment lobby. No surveillance video could be provided, no witnesses.
-Hector was stabbed once in the back, neck slashed from ear to ear. Physical evidence suggests a left to right motion.
-Orchid had neck slashed from ear to ear. Bruises on face, wrists.
-Same kind of hunting knife used in Unger murders.
-Couple had been walking home from a bar. Witnesses at the bar claim no suspicious activity.
-Bodies found at 4am that morning by a man leaving for work.
(All above information was released to the press. No photographs from the crime scene, or of the Victims, were published in the newspapers the next morning.)

3)
Friends; Robert Levi and Malory Nix
Occurred at 3:30 am, July 2nd, 2010
Robert Levi; 130 pounds, 19 years old, college student/clerk at shoe store downtown. Malory Nix; 21 years old, bartender downtown.

-Homicide occurred in an alley next to the apartment building where both victims lived in separate apartments.
-Robert Levi suffered from internal bleeding, caused by a severe strike to the abdomen, neck slashed from ear to collarbone.
-Malory Nix, neck slashed from right ear to collarbone. Arm dislocated from shoulder.
- Evidence that footprints in the blood pool had been removed/tampered using the torn sleeve of Nix’s blouse.
-Roommates of both victims were held and questioned; dismissed do to alibis. Nix/Levi had been out with a group of friends at a local bar, victims had decided to walk back to their apartment two blocks away. All the friends who had been with them were questioned; no leads.
-Mrs. Hannah Baum of apartment 210 in the building adjacent to the alley where the murder accrued reported hearing Nix scream at 3:30am. Did not call police.
(Case file formed for a serial killer. Newspapers headline with the murders the next morning.)

4)
Couple; Fernando Torres and Valerie Common
Occurred at 2-2:30am, July 9th, 2010
Fernando Torres; 132 pounds, 25 years old, bank clerk. Valerie Common; 112 pounds, 24 years old, college student/intern at the newspaper.

-Homicide occurred outside of the couple’s automobile, located in the parking lot of the bank building where both work.
-Fernando Torres suffered from a cracked rib, extensive bruising to the abdomen and a single slash to the throat from ear to ear.
-Valerie Common had bruises on her wrist, throat slashed ear to ear.
-Three footprints, man size 12, were left at the scene. The imprint was different from the Unger murders, however the size and proximate weight (180-200 pounds) is the same.
-The couple had been leaving the banking building after a late night office party. (Unlike the other murders, both victims were sober at the time).

5)
Friends; Wesley Monticello and Amanda Dutch
Occurred during the hours of 2:30-3:30 am, August 24th 2010
Wesley Monticello; 130 pounds, 21 years old, art and music major. Amanda Dutch; 105 pounds, 21 years old, theater major.
-Team is now officially tasked to the case
-Attack occurred in the parking lot the apartment building where both victims resided. Victims were returning home from a bar only a few blocks away.
-No witnesses have come forward
-Heavy rain washed away chances for particulates/hair transfers/accurate blood spatter analyzes/etc.
-Amanda Dutch suffered a knife wound to the abdomen, puncturing her stomach. Her throat was slashed from ear to collar bone in a left to right motion.
-Wesley Monticello suffered a dislocated shoulder, his throat also slashed from ear to collar bone. Died from bleeding out.
-Two large sized marbles were found inside Amanda’s mouth. One was accented with a white swirl, the other with a black swirl.
-Partial footprints were discovered in an alleyway nearby. Evidence proves it was a size 12 man’s shoe, new Adidas sneakers, 180-200 pounds.
-Extensive media coverage. No official police message was given. The team is withholding information on the marble evidence.
-Suspect was arrested at the scene after an attempted escape; Adam Raymond Markle attempted to flee the scene.

Current Suspect:
Markle, Adam Raymond; 170 pounds, 27 years old, balding mousy brown hair, blue eyes.
Is tall, 5’ 8’’, however stands/sits with hunched shoulders
-Taxidermist by profession, keeps 'lucky' bird bones in his breast pocket
-Dresses in pressed, nice shirts and pants, however very cheap
-Born in Rutledge, Georgia. Moved to a Philadelphia suburb last winter.
-Keeps clean fingernails, trimmed hair, clean clothes. Appears meticulous
-Low-mid intelligence. Uses poor grammar and simple language. Dropped out of high school in the 11th grade.
-Has a common Bowie knife, 4 inches long, on his at the time of the arrest. Traces of blood.
-Addidas sneakers, size 13, traces of blood, appeared to have been cleaned.
-Photographs prove that he was present in the crowd at every crime scene
-Grew up without a mother, raised by his three uncles in a rural area
-Has six fingers on his left hand; skillfully ambidextrous
-Claims that he lives alone, and therefore has no alibis or any night
Last edited by Yesterday's Repeat on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
We studied the fine art of RPing at Gaia. That's like learning to be a doctor in your uncle's barn.
-Oscar L. English

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yesterday's Repeat
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Philadelphia Murders

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:13 am

Sweet. This looks fun! I've submitted a character, so hopefully I can join.

~Kiku~
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaoicangel on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 am

Hello, I was wondering when you are planning on starting this. Because I can submit a character now, but wont be able to do any posting until probably Monday afternoon, maybe soon/later. Thank you for your time.
With love,
Chaoicangel

Chaoicangel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:58 am

I don't want to join this but I feel like I should mention in case you don't relize... it no one in PA says the entire state name... we just say PA...

feel like someone isn't goint to know that...

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yesterday's Repeat on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:50 pm

@Chaoicangel: I am probably going to start it up over the weekend. But since we only have 2 members other than myself so far, and since it is a plot driven game, I don't think it will move rediculosly(sp?) fast.

@Renthead: Thank you for the heads up, but I am using the full city name because it sounds better in text. If I have a character saying it, then they would simply be saying PA or something similar. I was raised in Los Angelas, so I know how it is. You can tell the tourists apart cause' they use the full city name, and we just say LA.

Yesterday's Repeat
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Can't say I agree with that, I personally think Philly PA sounds good in text and speech... but whatever your RP... and also It's not like that I mean people do still say Pennsylvanian or Pennsylvanian Dutch... It's not like Scranton where you can tell who's a tourist if they pronounce the "T" (Which I seldom do btw) but I always like telling people this type of useless information. Like how there's a Hole to Hell in the Scranton Cultural Center. *memories* But yeah... I love HISTORY WAY TOO MUCH!!!

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaoicangel on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:18 pm

Okay, thanks. I'll type up a profile and have it on your desk sometime tonight.

Chaoicangel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yesterday's Repeat on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:24 pm

You are welcome ^^

Yesterday's Repeat
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscar L. English on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:25 pm

Howdy everyone. I'm Yesterday's Bed buddy. I hope everyone enjoys this RP :3
"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

Oscar L. English
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yesterday's Repeat on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:21 am

Allo English.

And the game is now open for people to post.

Yesterday's Repeat
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:38 am

Oo, introductions!

Hello to everyone, and nice to meet you, at least after a fashion. I'm Kiku. I would post, but I'm not really sure how to start... I might give it a shot anyway, and then we can all subsequently ignore me if I fail too badly.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscar L. English on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:52 am

Howdy, Kiku~
I've have a post outlined in my head at the moment, I just need to make it down to the library so I can type it up. I'm heading that way now.

Oscar L. English
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NathanielTruth on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:10 am

Hiya,

So, I'm working on my first post. Just one thing: I'm assuming that we start on the day that the team was called in for help; that the murder of the fifth couple was the final straw. So we haven't technically worked on it yet.

One thing Kiku,
In your post you're talking about how chilly and cold it is. This is of course possible, but you made a reference to 'the damn winter'. I hope you realize it's the 24th (or 25th) of august. :P

NathanielTruth
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:37 am

Ah yes. August. Probably should have checked that. I shall go and fix the reference!

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yesterday's Repeat on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:04 pm

Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know that, as I am in the prosess of moving to a new house, I will only be able to post in the evening. And if said post looks funny please forgive me. I now only have the internet on my phone.

Yesterday's Repeat
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscar L. English on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:14 pm

Ahh, a first post. It feels good. Much like a sandwich.

Oscar L. English
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscar L. English on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:40 am

Yesterday had a hard day of moving his massive book collection. He will post sometime this afternoon.

Oscar L. English
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yesterday's Repeat on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Alrighty guys. We have our first piece of evidence up for grabs for any analasist or detective. (Profiler will get something else at a later point.)

Who wants it?

Yesterday's Repeat
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NathanielTruth on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:01 am

Yeah sure!

I suppose I will find it in Amanda's mouth, but I'll wait for approval of that. Just to be on the safe side.

NathanielTruth
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscar L. English on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:26 am

Fantastic!! Everyone playing this game is so... on the ball. I am so happy to have you guys in our game *sniffle*
I will PM you the information about just what is in Amanda's mouth later today. Feel free to post until then.

I am sorry there was so much reading to do when you all woke up this morning. I promise this will not happen too often. Only when we have a major scene on our hands.

Oscar L. English
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!