Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In the Shadow of Albtraumheim

In the shadow of Albtraumheim

a part of “In the Shadow of Albtraumheim”, a fictional universe by Byte.

The Victorian Age has arrived, and the human race is slowly crawling underneath that Medieval pile of rubble. But somewhere between the borders of Austria and Russia, something is going terribly wrong...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “In the Shadow of Albtraumheim”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] In the shadow of Albtraumheim

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:23 am

IT'S MORNING HERE. Uh. 12 pm. Counts as morning 'cause I just woke up.

HI, EYE. Or should I call you Narrow? I... don't know. The first one makes me think of that one Dexter's Lab episode.

Aha, I see, Archies. xD I'll just rip off Daniel's tra I mean add the trait descriptions in the nicer format and maybe tack on a couple more. <3
And naww, no more backstory. I could add that the fights between her parents, murder of her dad, being reared by regular old joe hookers (no hearts of gold here, nope) and watching them work--makes Tia more open to blood and sexuality and mindfucks than an average Chinese girl should/would be, but... you're not supposed to think about that. When you meet Tia, she just is. She doesn't make you wonder. She's not secretive, she just doesn't dwell in the past--not hers, not anyone's. No one would really have any reason to go digging unless they're Sigmund Freud. So having it in her history would just read as out of place and as if I just enjoy hearing myself talk hahaha. Plus her adolescent to young adult is pretty unremarkable; fireworks, festivals, boys, girls, occasionally selling bombs to gangs and political figures, sleeping with a couple of them......... ahem.

Also, you guys are gonna advertise this rp around, right? We need'a more'a folks'a!
ImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:28 am

Hmmm, I've been having trouble putting a picture into the NPC sheet, so I'll be a nasty fellow, hating on Timothy's sheet >:)

Nah, just kidding.

But I will point out the detail, that Denmark is a protestantic country.
It's a formality no doubt, and how should you be able to know that? (Google)
I'm a dane, so I'm kinda supposed to know it. (<.<) But now you know. Not that you have to change anything.

Your sheet looks fine to me. A liar and a grumpy old witch hunter. Darn near perfect.
Now we just need a feme fatale, and we got a party going :D
I'll be adding a small amount of NPCs for now, no need to give away the game before it gets interesting :>

And I'll of course be changing my signature, "becuz I haz nozing better to place dar!"
But cheerios folks, I'll be gone to my happy little bubble world again :D
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:52 am

Forgive my atheist mind, good GM! I'm quite sure Denmark has much of the same system as Norway (woohoo protestants ~) but I sort of assumed that there would be some worshippers of the catholic church within the country despite it. Shows my wide knowledge of how it all works, ahem.

As punishment, I shall refrain from making myself tea, and I can only beg for your forgiveness at my stupidity. (:
"This apocalypse must end. It is not sanctioned by me - I simply do not have the time for it!"

Timothy
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:01 pm

FEMME FATALE IS MINE. Sort of. She's not obvious about her femme fatale-ism. Man, sorta wish I had a lady of adventure. One of those stupidly rich women who hunt rhinos, you know. 8(

And Eyes, images are [ img ]httpURL[ /img ] and you can orient them around with [ left ] and [ right ] tags.

I fixed Tia though. Because I draw my own pictures, those will come later.

Timmy, I remember Sem making me laugh at one point, so I love him. Both are kids are using crossbows though, it seems. xD OH GOD WHAT DO WE DO
Idk if switching Tia to traditional bow and arrow would help at all........? Or maybe they can just spend a lot of time together on the rooftops. With their crossbows. A mini archery brigade.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Obviously we must have some sort of duel. With crossbows. In the rain. That is the only way this can be solved.

I'm sure that using the same type of weapon won't be too much of a problem - after all it seems they still fight quite differently, Tia being fond of explosives and Sem being able to use his knives should the situation call for it. If not then they can become crossbow BFFs, bonding on the rooftops while waiting for a clear shot.

I'm sure that's a thing - crossbow BFFs, that is.

Timothy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Yeah sure leave poor, little old Daniel in the dark. You are all so racist not nice towards the elderly, lol. (I doubt that 42 is, like, old. But still you get the point. >_>) I guess that allows Mr Rosewright to have some quality time with his dreams and relax at certain points, where both Tia and Sem just stand guard while he is sitting there on his lazy butt.

Edit:

Ta-da!

Our roleplayers wanted thread. =3
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:56 pm

For some reason I feel like they'd suck at standing guard. At least, when they're standing guard together. Distracting smalltalk ensuing from boredom--
"So what do you think of the weather lately?"
"Very rainy, very cloudy; sullen."
"Yeah, me too."
"But the rainbow yesterday was beautiful."
"OMG YOU SAW A RAINBOW??????"

We totally need someone to use a rapier, it'll be so hot. And Dan can have company in the front lines. Tia's gonna call him "Danyeel" by the way.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Holy Mary Mother of-*slap* Ooooouuuucchhhhh.....

"Danyeel, Y U NO HELP STANDING GUARD!" I can totally imagine something like that. Cue the grunting of the old man as you just woke up a sleeping lion. (Not really but, hell, it'll be hilarious. Are we certain this is going to be a horror role play? xD)

Also, "Good news, everyone!" I need to watch more Futurama. =3

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:19 pm

Gosh, I'm really looking forward to how our characters are going to interact - even though I'm sure Sem's going to be a bit annoying with all that compulsive lying.

"Oh, not only was it a rainbow, it was a double rainbow. Very beautiful - pity you missed it!"

Dark and horrific, people, dark and horrific.

Timothy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Of course, of course, I just enjoy my humor. xD It's my way of deciding who I like and who I hate through how much they humor me LIGHTENING THE MOOD.
I can't really imagine what a horror-themed OOC would be like (without being dorky) anyway. Constant horror story links? xD

"Mister Danyeel, I require switchy switchy of places" NO her speech will be serious business, dammit. u_u

Bad news, everyone, this roleplay is fun. 8'(

I can't quite decide how Tia will react to all this lying, but she'd probably just live with it. WE'LL SEE WON'T WE.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Happy times, happy times, happy times ~/insane mutter.

What's this I hear about roleplaying being FUN? Nonsense, I tell you. Nonsense! SERIOUS BUSINESS IS SERIOUS.

And, well, I won't have him lie constantly, it's just that you shouldn't believe half of what he says, and the rest just isn't true.

Timothy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:49 pm

@Thimothy:
Bottom line, Sem lies, ALL THE TIME! So in general Sem is acutally the cake, because the cake is always a lie. Sem always lies, hence he is a lie. Sem = lie, cake = lie, Sem = cake.

@Wudgeous:
We could link each other horror stories, in fact, I have one for you right now. Go buy Amnesia: The Dark Descent, not only does the main story force you to wet your pants, the DLC: Justine, is equally, if not more, disturbing and horrific as her big brother. I'm not making any sense, but I force you suggest, you check it out. Scary game is scary. You don't even have weapons. O_o Running for your life is your best defence there. xD (At some points you need to hide in the closet, lol.)

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:02 pm

MWEH NYEH NYEHHH I DON'T ACTUALLY LIKE HORROR, STOPPIT.
And yet I'm in a horror rp. Well. I know my child won't suddenly die, so I take comfort in that. And I do enjoy a bit of suspense and blindness and tweests.

I hear even the most courageous people in my nerd club can't even play through Amnesia to the halfway point though. <:| So I'm not even gonna try, I can't even play Resident Evil 4 without going "EHHHH I'D RATHER HANG OUT WITH THESE COWS THAN MOVE TO THE NEXT STAGE THANKS."

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Well, to put it out, we'll have a hard time staying serious :D
But do no worry, humor is good. As long as you don't make me rofl when you discover a severely maimed body.
I'll try to keep my posts serious and gory, just to make sure that you people remember that it's a horror themed roleplay :)

Talking about games and the like, have any of you seen "Dark Matter"? Really great movie, I can watch most horror movies without even blinking, yet that movie made me fear life :/

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Archlkan wrote:@Thimothy:
Bottom line, Sem lies, ALL THE TIME! So in general Sem is acutally the cake, because the cake is always a lie. Sem always lies, hence he is a lie. Sem = lie, cake = lie, Sem = cake.

THE TRUTH COMES OUT

In other words, this is what they'll discover during his autopsy: Totally Sem's new profile picture.

Timothy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:31 pm

"Oh blimey! This poor fellow has met a rather unfortunate fate." *A severely maimed body, filled with deep, gaping scratches. "The power of Christ compels you stray cats!"

OR

"Blimey! Cuddles, what in the name of Christ is that sausage-like object in your mouth?" Daniel precedes to take a closer look, his jaw dropping on the ground with rocket speed. "Cuddles! What did we tell you 'bout playing with carcasses? Put that back now!"

Ah I suck at making hilarious scenes, someone else try NAOW!"

@NarrowEye:
uTorrent is currently downloading Dark Matter. I wub horror movies!

@Timothy:
"Oh goody! Sem cake!"

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Believe me Archl, that movie friggin' makes me doubt life.
It may not be gory and violent, but the thoughts and feelings.
Ugh, I felt something die inside of me when I saw it.

Now that I think about it, it's the only movie I've ever seen that made me feel something.
I can watch any bestial murder film, and stay completely cold.
But that movie there is damn satanic!

And about keeping serious when you find a corpse, I'm more interested in how people react, not what they say.

You enter the reeking room. The cold and mossy cobblestone make it seem more like a mausoleum than a basement.
On the floor lies something, seemingly the source of the smell.
When you take a closer look, it seems to be the corpse of a male. The age is no longer definable.
On his shoulders lie to lumps. Yet again as you check even further, it's the heads of two others, but sewn onto the shoulders with rough yarn.
As the corpse is, it is clear that the victim was still alive when someone tried to apply the two new heads.

When I write that kind of shit, then I want people to react by backing out and puking.
Even the cold-ass chinese/filipino gotta be shocked by such an attrocity.

And if any of you do say anythin like: "Must be a cult... clearly these folks were trying to make a hydra... but they failed."
Then I'd go out there, find you and kill you in some gruesome way! Never will I listen to dumb shit when I try to build up a sinister mood :l

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Well. You asked for it.

Edit: HELLO, that was for Archie, didn't see you there NarrowEyes. Make it gorier----I mean. Yes, my Chinese-speaking Filipino will make frowny faces and not understand what or why, but she won't dismiss it as if it's nothing, no. She'll hesitate to investigate like a normal person, but she will do it anyway because it's her job right now, as soon as she gets over the need to pinch her nose between her fingers. Come on. Have a bit of faith in the Wudge, I know what I'm doin'. |D
IC, I behave and humor people better than the next guy as long as they deserve it. OOC though, don't mind me teasin', all in good fun.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:52 pm

Y U CALL ME ARCHIE! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Lol, just had to have that out there. As for the gory, bloody, puke scenes. Expect some minor hesitation from Daniel, I mean he does have some experience with fucked up sceneries and maimed bodies and such. Doesn't mean he's immune to it though, puking will commence at some points. He's just a tad bit more resistant to gore. Hell, he's god! He can resists anything! But he'll still need to pinch his nose, cover his mouth and make sure he doesn't shit himself at the sight of a gruesomely maimed body.

Anywho, time fer me to get my ass to bed, school be starting again tomorrow and I need to be Tired as hell. clear in my mind. ._.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Corsair on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:08 am

Gaaaah ran out of time to finish my character profile tonight. I'll send it through tomorrow, I'm interested in getting into the RPing on this site and this one looks like a good place to start.
Yes I do have RP experience (somewhat)

The Corsair
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!