Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In the Shadow of Albtraumheim

In the shadow of Albtraumheim

a part of “In the Shadow of Albtraumheim”, a fictional universe by Byte.

The Victorian Age has arrived, and the human race is slowly crawling underneath that Medieval pile of rubble. But somewhere between the borders of Austria and Russia, something is going terribly wrong...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “In the Shadow of Albtraumheim”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] In the shadow of Albtraumheim

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:02 am

Good to see that my behemoth of useless information didn't scare you all away :)
It warms my dead heart.

And don't worry. We're not expecting you to have it ready in an instant. Real life is under any circumstance more important than roleplaying.
Yet, we highly disagree with those who agree that agreeing with me there is the right thing. Disagreeing with me will result in disagreement from many people who all agree that they should disagree.
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Lol, we are soooo going to need less acting and more social pariah OCs who are crap at poker. xD BUT YAAAY, SWORDPLAY! And... do I smell boxing, Corsair?
ImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Okay, I was doing some research on Dixi's and Yankee's, and from what I can tell, Dixi is basically the deep south (Y'all, southern belle type shit) and Yankee is more of the modern, east-coast area (today). AmIrite? If not, please, tell me what you think it is, because I'm (more than slightly) confused.

Also, the more information, the better. Makes it so everything is more clear and concise.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frozen Soul on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:55 pm

We do apologise for not having our ravishing romanian submitted by now, yet frankly inspiration has not peeked its head and we - never - lay a single word unless we're in the aforementioned state. Perhaps the lesser amount of whiskey in our body in the past 48 hours was a factor in play - we'll proceed to test that out. He shall be up by tomorrow eve.

Frozen Soul
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:56 pm

@Frozen Soul:
Whisky: Will always assist in making a character. =P

@Saken:
Dixis and Yankees? Good God. Excuse me for not understanding those terms. (Wait, is this a question 'bout your character? Or is this just a random OOC question 'bout Dixis and Yankees?) I am, very much confused now as well. Or it is just my brain-dead mind not working for the moment. Time for sleep I suppose. >_<
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I'd like to join, how does an Irish Gypsy sound? :P

Zombicide93
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Narrow posted something up about them. =p

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yaria on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:28 pm

This sounds really interesting. And hello Arch, mind if I join another one of your RPs?

I've started working on a Russian countess and poisoner. Just looking for a good picture to write up a description for, the rest of the character profile is ready. Do you prefer non-anime/anime pictures?

yaria
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:50 am

@Zombicide93:
Lol, Irish Gypsy = Win? xD
You can go and write him/her up. And when you do, Daniel will share a pint with your character just because he/she's Irish. xD

@yaria:
NO! You are NOT allowed to join!

Naah, I think it's cool if you join. =P Also, Russian countess? Pretty bad-ass. To quickly answer your question, I'd prefer non-anime. (For an example of what I'd allow for a drawn image, you could look at Daniel's profile.)

@The Corsair:
If you are reading this, I'll soon be shooting you a quick PM about your character. (Don't frighten just yet.) Just some feedback on it and what I think should be improved.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:07 am

@Corsair: Are you fucking kidding me!? Ermm, What you've gotten so far is correct, yes. The southerne culture is indeed dixie and the northern culture is Yankee. The differences were of course that southern people were very traditional and did much to keep the southern ways. Slavery, a strong elite etc. etc.
The northern were the industrialized and modern americans. Who wanted freedom and equality for everyone... Losers...
The ironic thing is, that after the american civil war, they didn't want the black freedmen to come up north xD So much for liberty, equality and brotherhood. xD

@Zombicide93: Irish Gypsy?! Are you sure it isn't just a gypsy who've been travelling in Ireland? Gypsies are travelling people, ya' know. They're not distinguished by any country, they're a culture and a minority :3

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frozen Soul on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:53 am

We wish to know if there would be an issue with combining the character's history with his personality. As in: explain one whilst we explain the other.

Frozen Soul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frozen Soul on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:00 am

While we're at it: Character submitted.

Frozen Soul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:16 am

My character is done and has been submitted. Sorry for the lame alias, and if there is anything wrong. I thought it'd be good to have someone who is not a fighter into the mix. Along with that, if there is any issues with her, please tell me. I promise I'm better at posting than I am at creating characters.

Saken
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:00 pm

I submitted a character. If anything is wrong, please let me know!

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:08 pm

@Saken:
Oh god, I do have issues with her. (Not on a sheet level. More on a, in-character level. You'll probably find out when we've begun posting. =P) Nope, I think she's great. As with many sheets I get, try and add a little description for your character's traits. (Yeah, I'm precise like that, apologies for sounding like an arse...) And ehh... I suggest reading through the last lines of the rules section. (The answer for agreeing can be found there.)

@lostamongtrees:
Holy squirrels in a tree, while breaking walnuts! (Yes, I actually said that once in real life...) I haven't had the chance to examine your sheet yet, I'll go do that right away and notify you whenever I have finished reading it.

Cheers,

Archlkan

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frozen Soul on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:27 pm

LMG, I'm quite glad you decided to take me up on the offer and join the roleplay. I'm generally never wrong about stories which hold potential. Archlkan/NarrowEye, in regards to the amount of writers you want: we can bring others aboard, as we did with Saken and LMG, if you are still searching for more members to join before you start off your IC. Simply notify us of the number you're aiming for.

Frozen Soul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:42 pm

I'll work on adding detail to her traits - and I understand she'll have a bit of an issue being alone, which is why I wanted her. ;3 Part of roleplaying is collbrative, and I think it's a good idea to have that one character that needs people, and despises it, and as such reduces the others to the moral obligation "Put up with the bitch, or let her die?"

Saken
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:27 am

Wowie! I think we got ourselves enough role-players to get this thing started? I'll wait for NarrowEye to give the okay, it wouldn't be very professional of me if I would kick things off without his approval. (=P)

@Frozen Soul:
Sure thing. We'll be keeping that in mind. (Should the problem occur that we need people.)

@Saken:
I think you meant 'collaborative'. Sorry for being a Grammar Nazi. (D=)
But, yeah. Role-players should work together. I've been in too many role-plays where everyone was a; anti-social bad-ass. And they never seemed to properly interact with each other, resulting into the death of said role-play. But, I'm rambling, so, let us move on...

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:03 am

Pfffff, SeraphicStar, I SEE YOU THERE

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SeraphicStar on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:30 pm

Oh, haha. Hi Wudgeous! Y'know, I like Hummingbird and yet I didn't think to see who created her, lol. >_<;

Guess you can't escape me that easily... Dx
Dream team!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yes, I lose Pokemon battles all the time...

SeraphicStar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!