Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In the Shadow of Albtraumheim

In the shadow of Albtraumheim

a part of “In the Shadow of Albtraumheim”, a fictional universe by Byte.

The Victorian Age has arrived, and the human race is slowly crawling underneath that Medieval pile of rubble. But somewhere between the borders of Austria and Russia, something is going terribly wrong...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “In the Shadow of Albtraumheim”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] In the shadow of Albtraumheim

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:00 am

Fantastic news good Corsair!

Make sure to take your time creating the sheet. A good sheet tells more than a thousand words :) Although if you look at my NPC sheet, then there's not much to say
And it's good that you want to join THIS roleplay! Cuz we're awesome ;)

And do not worry little larva, even without experience you shall become a butterfly. At least at some point...
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:23 am

@The Corsair:

Blimey! I haven't had the honour of meeting you on RolePlayGateWay! Although you've been here for nearly a month now, I'll still welcome you:

Welcome to RolePlayGateWay, The Corsair!

We hope you'll enjoy your stay here, and will have loads of fun with roleplaying, as well as meeting new people.
If you would ever be in need of any assistance, or just want to have some pointless chit-chatting? You can send me a Private Message, any time!

Cheers,

Archlkan

@NarrowEye:
Now, now. Where is that supposed modesty you talk about on your profile? But yeah, I'll admit that we are, indeed, awesome. Yeah, awesome like a baked potato...
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:33 am

Archie sweetheart,

I AM being modest when I say that our roleplay is awesome. Especially because most RPs that are made at the moment pretty much suck...
And uhm... If you didn't realise, then I was being sarcastic in my profile ^^''
(Awesome like a baked potato? Hmmm, somehow baked potatoes are pretty awesome... just sayin'!)

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:46 am

But I did realise you were joking, love. I just didn't want you to feel sad for being figured out that easily... Okay I lied, I didn't know you were being sarcastic on your profile, NarrowEye.

Also, yeah, baked potatoes are, indeed, awesome. *Bows in awe to the baked potato god*

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frozen Soul on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:18 am

Alas, a roleplay has caught our sight and we are mighty interested in it!

Permit us to introduce ourselves: Frozen Soul, ex Mentor, RPG veteran and writer extraordinare. We are most interested in supplying a character sheet as to become an intricate and important cog in the fabulous tale which this announces itself to be.

Frozen Soul
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:26 am

Well met, Frozen Soul.

Welcome to 'In the shadows of Albtraumheim.'. Both NarrowEye and I are quite honoured to have your presence, as well as receiving your interest in this role play. I would introduce myself in a more formal manner, but I am afraid that Archlkan is all I have for now. Perhaps GM would suffice as well? Quite a shame, I lack a formal title. We are eagerly awaiting your character, and we hope you will enjoy the role play.

Cheers,

Archlkan

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:30 am

Oh you kids these days and your hoity-toity fancy speak. <3333
ImageImageImageImage

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frozen Soul on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:32 am

We've quite enjoyed the introduction, and thus our doubts stand shallow when faced with the chance of us not thoroughly indulging ourselves in your story. Withal, we do have one specification which we would like to hereby express as for no ulterior misunderstandings to occur: I - despise - roleplays which are filled to the brink of extinction with three lines. We have indeed noticed that you set a minimum of words required per post, which is acceptable, yet we generally post anywhere between four to twelve paragraphs, depending on the amount of events we can work with. If this will, at any point, reach a status where fellow writers will start using the aforementioned three lines, we shall respectfully bow out.

If such issues do not bring worth any worries, you shall have our sheet by morrow eve.

Frozen Soul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:55 am

Of course, we stand with you on that amount. I, completely despise such short post as they will fill, yet provide nothing to the role play. We will, obviously keep the posting to two paragraphs as well, minimum. The minimum words required for a post is just a loose indication of what we expect. Should anyone in this role play break this rule, they shall be punished severely. In a legit, respectful way. Although that might not stop you from bowing out. Once again, I stand with you on your opinion of those cursed 'three line posts'.

We still await your character with eagerness, Frozen Soul.

Cheers,

Archlkan

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Hello, I am so very glad to have read this (and your tab) as well. Thank Soul for bringing me here.

I have two concerns- One, I'm american, and I'll be writting with my z's gosh-darnit. Also, this is set in Romania (Yes?), Europe. How is the language barrier to be broken? Russian is not English, or German, etc. Just a concern.

Two, considerin the fact that it is Victorian age, do you have any links so I can brush up on their words and such? Along with that- are female's required to wear the dresses and such things like a proper woman, or should they/can they stick to trousers an the like?

On that note, I should have a character sheet up sometime tonight, or perhaps tomorrow. I have another post that I promised for another RP.

-Fix'd.-
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Yes, this is definitely set in Romania. 'Bout that barrier, that would be quite a difficult one for me as well. Though, I believe it won't obstruct anything, the easiest solution would be English with Russian/German accents. "Ze body ist zeverely maimed, and ze head has been complethely destroyed with a hammer." I think you'll get the idea. Still, we should keep it quite readable. This was just a quick solution I thought of...

Like Frozen Soul's, we shall await your character as well Saken.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frozen Soul on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Finally, the day has come when a roleplay is set in our home country. How lovely.

Frozen Soul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:46 pm

I see, sounds good. What about the clothing/

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Soul.... You're killing me here, man. Why is your icon not the King of all Cosmos?

Okay shutting up, I don't even know if you'll get that Godforsaken reference hahaha.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:06 pm

@Wudgeous:
Katamari? xD

@Frozen Soul:
Pure coincidence. Or... is it?

@Saken:
Clothing, well, that would mostly depends from what country your character would be from? (For reference, Wudgeous character. Not at all Western clothing style is it? xD) I always refer to something because I'm too lazy to explain something.

Well, it is the early, Victorian Era. How to explain... I think you could say most people were dressed in those fancy, noble clothes. Seriously I can't explain it. xD Once again, try and look at the already accepted characters for a quick reference if you aren't sure about the dress code for this role play.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:14 pm

Naaaa nanana nana nana nana na nanana.... in other words, yes. Katamari. Accursed game, it haunts me wherever I go. But I love it.

Can I be obnoxious and add that the characters' individual personal taste can factor into what they wear, too? And their social standing and how much money they have and OKAY SHUTTING UP FOR REAL.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Wow Archl, it's good that we at least have me as a geeky no-lifer studying history xD

Greetings you two, Saken and Frozen. I'm NarrowEye, the NPC GM.
Quite nice to have some well educated people with us for the roleplay.

The speech of the early victorian age and up to 1940-50 is pretty much like the one we have today.
The only things that distinguish the characters, might be the fact that you have to use a formal way of speech towards those of higher class.
Like in todays England, you use abstract and complicated words if you are well educated, while the poor strata uses brogue accents and lousy grammar.

The victorian era was very centered about classes and how you ought to stand in line with those who are your equals, and comb hair and wash hands before even going near the wealthy and "oh-so-holy".

Women usually use dresses in public. But because we don't want those who want to play females to feel somewhat oppresed? Suffragettes *sigh*
But I must say, that people might be rather... uncomfortable with women who are lightly dressed (showing as much as an ankle that is).
Usually it was only prostitutes and the likes who wore close to no clothing. But in case you are actually a prostitute, then look forward to rude workers and slimy old men following you :/

In England a great thing was the six-pence hat. The brittish government actually made it a law, that all males had to wear a hat. The six-pence is commonly worn by workers and people of the lower strata, whil the rich strata wear high hats, made with american beaver fur.
And if your character is an american, then remember to think if the person is Dixie or Yankee. It matters a whole deal :)

As to the language barrier, then we'd either have to do it with accents like it was suggested or just ignore the language factor entirely.
Also, because I'm awesome, I have to point out the fact that you CAN play as someone from the Middle East!
The Ottoman Empire stretches from Egypt up through Asia Minor into Bosnia and southern Romania/serbia and those countries...

And now, I'll go be awesome in real life, reading 'bout Francis Drake :D

Nice to see ya'll, and I'll be gone again!

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:20 pm

And then I managed to kill an entire RP with a single post xD
Magnificent! How awful!

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:24 pm

Thank you for that extra information, Narrow! I'm glad that that was cleared up (thankfully, I was already planning on having her in a dress). Along with that, I would like to give my apology's for not having my character in yet. I had just gotten home from a weekend away and my family (I'm the daughter, not the mother), fell apart without me. Now that those duties are done, I'm free to work on my own things, and as such my character shall be in sometime mid-afternoon/early evening.

Saken
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Corsair on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Well I've submitted the character, now we play the waiting game...

Also, the reason you haven't run into me yet Archlkan is because my only activity so far has been two failed attempts at starting a steampunk RP (I can't be bothered writing the whole thing out again and am putting it away for a rainy day).

I saw 'Victorian Age' on this RP and clicked on it :D

The Corsair
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!