Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In the Shadow of Albtraumheim

In the shadow of Albtraumheim

a part of “In the Shadow of Albtraumheim”, a fictional universe by Byte.

The Victorian Age has arrived, and the human race is slowly crawling underneath that Medieval pile of rubble. But somewhere between the borders of Austria and Russia, something is going terribly wrong...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “In the Shadow of Albtraumheim”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] In the shadow of Albtraumheim

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Good day! Welcome to the OOC thread of 'In the shadow of Albtraumheim'. This is where we'll be discussing bits of the story, asks questions if we aren't sure on what to do next. And of course, have some good ol' fashioned fun! I'd like to remind you that discussions as well as legit arguments are always welcome. But refrain from throwing virtual furniture at your adversaries if things don't go the way you want it to go.

Thank you for your time, enjoy your day!

Archlkan
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Re: [OOC] In the shadow of Albtraumheim

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Son, I have intrigue in dis. Lookin' hot.

To be clear, this is strictly reality-based; no magic or monsters right...? It's cool if there are, I'd just need to adjust the character app accordingly. :D Assuming the existence of the former are common knowledge, that is.
ImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Nope, no magic whatsoever. This is, as you'd call it, realistic. Or is there? Well, I think you mean to ask if you can have any magic. No, we are just regular humans trying to solve a mysterious, dark problem. =P

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Nope, nope, I meant to ask if we can have knowledge of magic, not necessarily an ability to use it, since these vigilantes are... experts on the mysterious, I believe...?
On that note--what sorts of people are being called in here? (This means I want a word bank of examples...?!) I understand you want diversity, yes, but... say, a carpenter wouldn't be what you want I don't think. xD And loyalties to Catholicism necessary y/n? (For any Buddhist monks and voodoo witch doctors and Muslim ghost busters out there).

THE QUESTIONS WILL STOP EVENTUALLY but I'm the sort of person who prefers having everything ridiculously clear over, y'know, bsing plot-allergic things that have to be corrected and worked with later hahaha.

[Edit: FOUND THE WORD "HERO." All right, I... maybe have a notion on what you're looking for, but I'm still not absolutely sure.]

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Aye, I understand. I'm the same, questions first, joining later. Haha!

Now, to break down your barrage of questions, and give you my barrage of answers.

Your first question, knowledge of magic, yes. These vigilantes (Or Holy knight would be a better word use I suppose.) have knowledge of the supernatural, exorcism, demons the whole pack. In these times many people believed in the supernatural of course.

As for what sort of people. Yes! Carpenter! Please for the love of... Okay I'll stop. (xD) *ahum* These vigilante's can be from every continent in the world, but the Order, belongs to the Catholic religion. Which would make a Buddhist monk or a Muslim... Ghost Buster (Wut? xD) the odd one out, no? Therefore, it would be highly unlikely the vigilantes would be non-Catholic. As for loyalty to said religion, not necessarily, they don't have to be devoted to Catholicism, just related to it in some way.

NAOW! STOP THE QUESTIONS! xD

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:56 pm

I cannot lie to myself and pretend I'm not interested in this, however I'm uncertain of whether I'm literate enough to join - this seems quite advanced. Too late, though, I think I've already come up with the basis for a character idea.

Oh, blast it, I'll just try to make a character and submit him, and then we can see how things go.
"This apocalypse must end. It is not sanctioned by me - I simply do not have the time for it!"

Timothy
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:01 pm

there is only one lie, and that's the cake. The cake is, and shall always remain, a lie. Anyhow, when you've submitted your character, I'll read through the sheet. We are all humans, and humans never stop learning. School is just the beginning, you'll learn everything in the actual outside world. But I'm rambling so I'll stop... I'll await your sheet Timothy. =P

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:12 pm

I wish the cake wasn't a lie. I could really go for some cake at the moment.

Anyway, it'll take a small while, mostly because your fantastic character sheet requires me to think things through (and I mean that - I adore it), but I should have it up by the following hour, or at least tonight.

Timothy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:14 pm

WUDGE IS APPEASED.

Except, I do want somebody to play a Buddhist monk/Muslim ghostbuster. Somehow. It'll be glorious and you know it. ;_; For me though, I'm thinking an Asian firecracker. As in explosives expert. Unless I come up with something else. Such as a Muslim ghostbuster with a Catholic daughter. Probably will be done by tonight, and "tonight" potentially means 5 AM. 8D
What is obsessing over character sheets, what is it?

FAITH IN THINESELF, TIMOTHY.....!! YOU GO GRL, YOU GO! If you weren't literate you wouldn't be able to read your way here, would you now? Unless you have a supremely intelligent ape doing your dirty work and laundry.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:19 pm

As true as that might be. (As well as slightly hilarious.) This role play is obviously, racist and does not allow any foreign religions except its own simple minded creation. We need to keep ourselves to the Western Culture, still, it'll be an idea noted for a future role play. Awaiting character sheet with gigantic childish hyperactivity eagerness!

Also, 'bout that supreme monkey... *Slowly steps away from the role play, slooooowwwllllyyyyyyy....*

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:27 pm

How did you know about the ape?!

I mean, thank you for your words of wisdom, kind sir or madam!

EDIT - Finished everything but the backstory, I shall have to edit that in once I return in the morning. Now, however, it's five to four in the morning, and I have to catch a bus tomorrow. The background will be added, though, I swear!

Timothy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Submitted mine too, but it's not as fleshy as my usual characters. I CAN ADD MORE I SWEAR I just need... a few days tops to come up with things, mayhaps. Or a crit specifying what I'm missing.

Omitted her love life (or did I) because she's not the sort to talk about that. She's not the sort to talk about... much of anything I wrote in the background, actually, but in particular she won't talk about love and sex. Why would you want to know anyway, jeez.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:57 am

@Timothy:
Have patience, my young vigilante. I will see when thy back-story is completely written. If I may tell you so, it is quite the informative character, (Detailed would probably be a better word.) and I can see you are very much literate. A job well done, mate.

@Wudgeos:

Y U NO MAKE OLD PEOPLE! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

*ahem* I never said I wanted to know about your character's sex life, unless she uses it for exorcisms and such. (Oh good no, I'l stop imagining that now. Wait... Maybe I do want to know, I haven't gotten my daily basis off. You know what...) Looking good, looking good. I envy you, master if literacy. *Bows down in awe* Though yes, I think quite some information might be needed. But the same with Timothy, patience my even younger vigilante.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:11 am

'CAUSE MY PAST THREE CHARACTERS HAVE BEEN OVER THIRTY goddammit, shuddup. (No, really--32, 37-42 and... most recently, 180-ish. OLD. Plus Tia can only have an interest in traveling for so long before she transforms into an old hag and refuses to budge ever again).
Lololol exorcism sex. Maybe she could but I doubt she'd think to by herself. So Sem and Dan are going to have to be all "HAY YOU GO BE NAKED BAIT" when they face off against an incubus. And she will respond "o ok brb."
Useful Asian is useful.

No for srs though; whaddaya wanna know more about, brother? xD Ask and it shall be added faster. Or answered in the OOC and lazily not added, but.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:21 am

Rofl, I can imagine Sem. Dan? Not so much, perhaps that would be one of his Alzheimer moments or something? (=P) Even then I think Dan would be the one to ask it politely. "Would you please use your natural charms and be the distraction, love? Sem and me will charge and kill the creature." Or something along that line I suppose. Maybe my English vocabulary needs some more polishing, no worries! *proudly shows his royal junk pose while standing on a pillar in clear view of everyone who passes by* Okay that's disgusting. I apologize.

INFORMATION!!!!!!! I WUV IT SO MUCH!

*ahem*

Your highness wants to have a tiny description of your traits, it be important. For some reason. SHUT UP! I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING! And I think that would suffice, you wrote earlier you wouldn't be ranting on the back-story any more then you already did? ADD MORE NAOW!

Yea, I can't write properly in early mornings. I seem to scratch most of what I write, silly me...

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:45 am

AND ZE BACKGROUND STORY HAS BEEN LE ADDED! *bows down to the cheering crowd*

Oh, Good lord, I need coffee. Either way, I hope my character is acceptable, and any changes I need to make, you just grab a hold of my collar and shake me until I fix it. (:

Timothy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:10 am

Ok, I'm here!

Are you ready to rock this place, like it's 1799!?

At least the crickets like me...

But yes, I'm here too. So I'll be starting a rampage in the character section.

A good morning to you Timothy, and a hearty greeting to Wudgeous, whenever you reads this.
I'm looking forward to play this with you folks :)
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:01 am

PAR-TAY!

A very good morning to you as well, NarrowEye (:

Timothy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:13 am

It's the afternoon you numb-buckets! Anyhow, Neglecting GM tasks, like a Boss! Playing minecraft 1.8 pre-release. =3

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Timothy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:17 am

I'm sure it's morning somewhere - let's not get technical!

But I must leave you, and start packing for my little busride back home.

*Touches the tip of my top-hat as a sign of goodbye*

Timothy
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!