Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Video.

The Video.

a part of “The Video.”, a fictional universe by -Elda_Luna-03.

What if Gods existed? Amongst us humans? Hidden in the shadows. What if they became endangered? What if you had the chance to save one?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Video.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Video.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mat_z6 on Fri May 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Hope its not too late to join! I'll have a character up in a bit. XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mat_z6
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sourdough101 on Fri May 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Is it sad that I keep checking this every ten minutes hoping for an update? Sooooo excited!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sourdough101
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Fri May 10, 2013 2:11 pm

Haha. I'm still trying to make a character sheet and I'm already checking over this roleplay multiple times per hour, only saddened by the fact that 3 minutes had just gone by. xD

Anyway.... Hi Matt! How're ya doing? :D
The Darkness serves to make a faint Light glow brighter. However, those drenched in Light only serve to create Darkness.

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mat_z6 on Fri May 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Holy sh*t!!!! ASHER!!!! XD

Mat_z6
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightSpectre on Sat May 11, 2013 5:50 am

This looks sweet! I'll start making my character now!

NightSpectre
Member for 11 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Summer in the City on Sun May 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Finally writing! Any characters we're lacking that I should make???
[font=times new roman][center]We're living in a den of thieves
Rummaging for answers in the pages...

Summer in the City
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Sun May 12, 2013 3:13 pm

The number of Truth characters is still pretty outnumbered so why not consider making one?

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Summer in the City on Sun May 12, 2013 3:26 pm

it's true; they are quite outnumbered! i'll go for it.

Summer in the City
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damioa on Mon May 13, 2013 2:07 am

Character made
Damioa

Damioa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Mon May 13, 2013 3:26 am

Umm, excuse me Mr. Damioa, but it is common practice, as well as good manners, to allow a roleplay's GM to make the first post once all the characters have been submitted and the GM feels that the roleplay will be able to start in such a manner as to be both productive and fulfilling. So, exactly what do you think you're doing? Not only is that incredibly rude, but your post had nothing in it for others to go on so as to be both a successful and appealing beginning point. Frankly speaking, are you aware of how horrible an idea that was, or were you on drugs? Normally I'm not so curt, however, you have been extremely rude.
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Mon May 13, 2013 3:52 am

I'm finally back from my weekend, woohooo! Except now School's starting up so I won't be on that much...

Damioa. I dislike people like you. Making a character and then starting off another person's roleplay without their permission, and you did it with a post that didn't allow any of us other rpers to do anything, at that. I've GM'd roleplays on and off of this site, and nothing annoys me more than an inconsiderate person who forces my games into action before it's fully ready to go. You making a post is like me walking into your house and dragging you out of your bed in the middle of your sleep. Not cool, is it? On another note, is Nate even accepted yet? I can't see if he is, so I have no idea if it's my computer or he just hasn't been accepted yet. If he hasn't, then why post? At least let the GM look him over before you do anything.

Nate can control practically all of the elements, meaning that he's pretty powerful, right? How many other Gods do you think could counter a Demi-God who can control everything around them? And it's not just that, but you say he had another Major power. Are you saying he was even stronger than he is right now? That's like me turning around and giving Akira the power to make people's limbs explode. And what's this? You made a Group for 'TRUTH'? Who gave you permission to do that? Who turned around, handed you the reigns and said 'Do this stuff'? Nobody, as far as I know.

So before you decide to jump into a roleplay, post a bunch of posts that nobody can reply to with a character who might not even be accepted yet, technically take over the GM's role by making a group for the main Antagonists, who's leader is remaining undefined for now, and then make your character -fairly- overpowered, you should've made sure you looked at the needs of others, and the things the GM wants/likes.

I honestly don't see any reason for doing the things you've done, Damioa. I'm not trying to be mean, but I was just a tad annoyed. Also, I'd like to thank Shishio for pointing these out.

I like Cats.
"Chillax Zody, Scheming Zody, Asshole Satori Zody, Srsbsns Zody, Gentleman Zody, GM Zody, TSUNTSUN Zody, Yandere Zody, Kuudere Zody, Immoral Zody, Zodiac, SCIENCE! Zody, Regular Zody, Seductive Zody, Kawaii Desu Neko Zody so far.

Why the hell are there so many Zody's?!"

zody
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damioa on Mon May 13, 2013 5:01 am

Sorry. I'm new to the whole role-playing thing. So I didn't know. Please accept my humble apologies. Man I'm so embarrassed. And Nate can only control a portion of each element since his mother took most of his power away. He still needs help to capture gods.

Damioa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damioa on Mon May 13, 2013 5:51 am

I give my sincerest apologies to the GM and all who are going to be active in this RP. I hope you guys can forgive me.

Damioa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Mon May 13, 2013 11:49 am

Alrighty, now that that's over, next time, your best bet with just about anything here on RPG is to ask. You wanna make a topic in the OOC? Ask. You wanna make a post before everyone else has? Ask. You wanna make sure your character is ok? Ask. It's like dating someone really. There's no saavy, there's no pretended suaveness, just be honest and communicable. That's it dude. So, now that this is behind us, we're moving on.

@Zody, I'm more of a dog/full grown tiger person, but hey, everyone's got their preferences.

@Damioa, things for next time: 1) When making a character ALWAYS perfectly describe your character's limits, strengths, and even weaknesses. This will prevent possible OP status. 2) Always chat with your GM to make sure what you've done is ok. This includes pretty much everything you could possibly think of. Not only does it make you look considerate, if doesn't take much, and it gives the GM everything they need to know/do about your character. Even a simple, "Hey, my charrie's up. If there's anything you'd like me to change just lemme know." In the OOC is better than nothing. 3) it's more of a personal mark of aptitude for me, but I don't make characters with nothing but good in their power sheets. They've always got a relatively easily exploitable weakness and a few personality quirks that provide players who take the stealth/interaction route a more natural way of dealing with me. Not only does this nerf the awesome powers I've given myself, it makes a more balanced and interesting character. In summation, be perfectly clear with everything you intend to do, except maybe some minor tricks your power allows you to do. For example, an earth manipulator could push himself into the air with basic earth manipulation, giving him a massive jump. Secondly, always ask about anything you intend to do. This doesn't have to be public forum, it could be a personal message or just using our great new chat system. Finally, make balanced, useable characters. That's all for now. Hopefully these tricks can prevent such nastiness for you in the future. Though I can't say that our GM will be perfectly happy with this, I have forgiven your mistakes. We were all new once. :) I hope we can be great friends.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damioa on Mon May 13, 2013 2:02 pm

@XShishioX Sure we can. Thanks for the Advice. And if you could everyone, I'd like input on my character. And of course yours too. GM. I'll try to make him to your acceptance.

Damioa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Summer in the City on Tue May 14, 2013 11:46 pm

So what's going on guys? Are we starting soon? I hope you aren't like waiting on my character to start; I've been pretty busy and am still working on him. I also like to see the direction the RP is going a little bit before I write my history and commit myself to a certain idea to make sure it jives well in context. Just wondering when things are gonna pick up :)

Summer in the City
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Wed May 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Not sure. The GM hasn't been online for about a week, I'd wager either they've been busy or have lost interest.

Keen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Wed May 15, 2013 2:40 pm

If she's not back on sometime this week do we wanna just start up? I'll send a PM to see what's up. If she's bored of it, I'll see if I can't get GM permission.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Summer in the City on Wed May 15, 2013 10:28 pm

I'd be happy to go ahead and create it ourselves if she doesn't show up.

Summer in the City
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elidor495 on Thu May 16, 2013 12:40 am

Agreed, this is too good to stop before its even started.

elidor495
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!