Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

0.0 Is This What I'm Supposed To Do?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

0.0 Is This What I'm Supposed To Do?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleBrokenDoll on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:37 pm

...Haaaloooo! xD I iz new, actually I kind of like joined a few days ago but I am just starting to get active and blah blah blah. Now, I think I shall go find some roleplay to do or read my new book. ^-^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LittleBrokenDoll
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: 0.0 Is This What I'm Supposed To Do?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:40 pm

First rule,

Unless you want a brick thrown at you - NEVER - say 'i iz'... seriously. It hurts.

Anyways,

Welcome to the site.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GhaKha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isochronous on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:41 pm

Or you'z can even read your bookz and make a roleplay about it! Pure genius :O

Anyway, welcome to the site and good luck! If you have any questions feel free to pm me or whoever else posts after me >_>
Nothing ever truly goes according to plan unless, of course, that's the plan.

isochronous
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleBrokenDoll on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:50 pm

I seriously don't see how that could hurt, but sure. I usually don't say 'i iz' anyway, but thanks, both of you. ^-^ And that sure is a pure genuis idea. xD I'll just have to wait 'til I finish the book and see if I can find a plot for it.

LittleBrokenDoll
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Read your new book? As in, you're a published author? Or as in you just bought a book written by someone else?

Regardless, welcome to RolePlayGateway, and thanks for signing up! I hope you make many friends here and stay for a long time!

Just to get your feet wet, I would suggest jumping into the Role Play Academy and reading some of the many excellent guides posted there. There's even a hidden Easter egg in that forum, a guide on how to make a character that has some powers (but not too many of them) written by yours truly. :D

Once you've got the basics down, this place is quite literally your playground, with everything from swords-and-sorcery fantasy to gritty realism to futuristic cyberpunk, and oh so much more. If you REALLY long for interaction, we also have a fully integrated chat service, and while it gets wonky at times, 90% of the time all you have to do is clear your cache and then refresh, and it should work fine. There in Gambit's Bar your character can hang out with all sorts of types from across the Multiverse, from a talking snowman with a sword to a schoolgirl with the firepower of a Gundam to hardcore bands of mercenaries armed with the latest weaponry. And of course, there's a place where you can just be yourself and hang out with other members.

Solo writing or other forms of creativity more your style? We have a Creative Realm for that, too. Show off your art, poetry, song lyrics, or even stories you've written all by yourself. Should you ever feel the need to beat the pants off of someone, there's the Battle Arena (trust me when I say that the competition can get extremely fierce), or the Hall of Records for the truly hardcore.

Make sure to read the rules and the stickies so you don't get confused. And if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask me or anyone else with an odd hue to their screen name (mostly the green and blue ones). Aside from providing various administrative duties around the community, we're here to help. (PM and messenger information can be obtained by mousing over the area under the screen name in the post: We like to try to be available, but we do have lives, as well.)

Once again, welcome to RolePlayGateway!

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleBrokenDoll on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:00 pm

Ah! Sorry for not making that more clear. It's just a book I found today. I'm not talented enough in writing to be able to publish a book, oh and I tend to never finish a short story I start on. And thanks. ^^

LittleBrokenDoll
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IceFoxJess on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Welcome! Everyone is usually pretty nice or cool around here but, If anyone offers you cup cakes.....run like your life depends on it!
But seriously good luck and welcome. ^_^
Schools back in, so I'm gonna take a bit longer then usual, sorry.
I'm sorry to everyone I've faild so far...Life is hetic lately...I'm so tierd anymore. Please don't be mad at me I'm sure I'll fix everything soon. If you want to yell at me feel free.

IceFoxJess
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleBrokenDoll on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Lol thanks. I'll try my best to remember to run when offered cupcakes, but I can't promise the threat will register in time. x3

LittleBrokenDoll
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Yo LittleBrokenDoll, velcome to zee site. ^__^ Is my russian accent convincing?

TheOwl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleBrokenDoll on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Very! You have perfected the accent better than any Russian I have heard. Much practice must have been put into that. I'm impressed. Thanks for the velcoming.

LittleBrokenDoll
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Welcome to the forum LittleBrokenDoll ! Please make sure to take a look at our rules. We wouldn't want you to break any now. :lol: A great place to start would be the Role-Play Academy if you are looking for role-play assistance; however, if you think you're up to going it alone, the OOC forum is also a great place to hunt down a good role-play. 8) A good guide you should look at to further answer any questions you may have can be found here: Myrin's Guide to RolePlayGateway. I very much hope you enjoy your stay here at Role-Play Gateway and make the best of this experience for yourself and others. If you are in need of any help, or you have questions regarding the site, please feel free to drop me a message. I'm on most of the time so I'm sure I'll quickly get around to answering it. You can also add my MSN which is under my profile, or, check if I'm in chat. :)

And, when offered cupcakes, you don't run, you take the cupcake! I personally love cupcakes, but I haven't had one in forever. Now I want a cupcake... *Eats one* Want a cupcake? :wink: Have fun~

- Near

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleBrokenDoll on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:57 pm

I was actually told by someone else about the Role Play Academy so I've already joined. ^^ I know there are a lot of things I still need to read, like the rules and I want to go over Myrin's Guide. So far, I'm really enjoying this site. Thanks for the welcoming

And no! Right now, 'til I know one hundred percent sure what is going on with cupcakes, I refuse to accept one! I'll stick with chocolate muffins for now!

LittleBrokenDoll
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:06 pm

But... I used my special sauce when making your cupcake. :cry: And you don't want one? I made it especially for you... Now I have to find someone else to eat it. :? Yes, I noticed you joined the RPA, and more specifically my class among others. I hope you enjoy the RPA, and have a fun time role-playing. :)

- Near

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleBrokenDoll on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:28 pm

Awwwwwww. :( Ummm, I'm alergic to special sauce! I also hope I enjoy it, since it will be my first on this site. ^^

LittleBrokenDoll
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!