Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Together. [IC//Restart]

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: Together. [IC//Restart]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:56 am

"Ah, but that's the way I feel - women should let the male pay, it's the way it's always been done." Lucas laughed, and then her hand was placed on top of his lightly on her cheek, and she was telling him her worries about why she probably hadn't reacted to the feelings that were inside her a lot sooner than this. Soon, her hand fell away, and a small look of discomfort and pain feel onto his face; that was not the way that he waned Flora to see him. Definitely not.

"Flo, I... you would never have to share me with anyone." He sighed, and then he took both of his hands off of her arm, but moved them to link his fingers with hers, the warmth still flitting through his fingers. "I may have a reputation as a player, but I'm not a cheater. I.. If I'm with a girl, I stay with her until.. and this is going to sound terrible, but until i get bored, then I move on. You... ever since you moved into my life, you've never been boring, Flora." He smiled lightly, still feeling the after math of her kiss whirling around in his system. "I... there is a reason I get with so many girls.. but.. I can't let you know that.. not yet. But.. it's a release from my normal day, being with a woman - which I doubt that you would be able to understand, love." He sighed the last bit lightly, and then he squeezed her hand softly. "You need to be able to trust me; you should be able to.."
♥ Life's not the amount of breaths you take; it's the moments that take your breath away. ♥

Watch my boyfriend's Pokemon nuzlocke challenge on youtube? It'll make us both happy! <3 ~ Cam's Nuzlocke Challenge!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:15 am

Flora listened to Lucas's explanation and kept her fingers linked with his as she looked to the floor, eventually a small frown forming on her features. There were certain things that he said to her which were.. worrying. Very worrying actually, so much so that the brunette wasn't sure if this was for the best anymore. She was too frightened of getting hurt.
"I might not have been boring so far.. b-but what if you do get bored of me? I can't be.. exciting all of the time for you Luke. I don't want... I don't think I can do this because sooner or later you will get sick of me. Hell, it's happened enough times in the past for me to have learnt my lesson. You wouldn't have been the first guy to get bored and you probably won't be the last.."

As this explanation brought up painful memories of the two past boyfriends she'd had though, Flo shuddered a little and tried to bite back the emotion that she felt churning up her stomach.
"Why can't you tell me?" She asked gently after a moment, reaching up one of their still linked hands to brush her palm gently against his cheek. "You know that you can talk to me.. about anything. I don't want there to be secrets between us if we're gonna do this." But then as Lucas squeezed her hand, Flora did eventually meet his gaze, albeit reluctantly.

"But I don't know if I can.. I believe you when you say that you wouldn't cheat on me but I don't believe that you won't get bored of me.. I'm s-sorry Luke..." Feeling somewhat defeated by her own insecurities, Flo took her hands away from his and took a step away.
"Maybe this wasn't... the best idea.. I.. I'll walk home.. I'm sorry."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:03 pm

"Flo; listen to me. You could never bore me. I know that I sounded so much like a pig just then when I said that about getting bored, but that's how I usually feel. When I see a girl walk past me, I see pretty face and pretty body. I see nothing about who they are as a person, because I don't talk to them; I'm just a guy that likes looks on a woman, But with you.. I see your face, your body, yes. But then I go onto see your personality, your feelings.. I know a lot of things about you, and I'm not just trying to play you so that I can fuck you and move on. You know that I'm not - use our link to see that I'm telling the truth. I would never be able to lie to you, hurt you or do anything to upset you, Flo.. I care for you.."

When Lucas was done with his little speech, he didn't say anything else. He had stopped her from walking away, and had taken her hands into his once more; He liked the feeling of being able to hold her, and the elated feelings that was coursing through his system now that she was returning some of his affection was making him act as if he was on some sort of crazed high. He wanted her, and it wasn't just for sex. No, he felt something for her that he had never felt for another girl before, and she should have been able to feel that in his emotions. He wanted her to know how he felt.. she didn't seem the think that he was telling the truth.

"I just.. It wouldn't harm our relationship if you knew..." He sighed, even though if she found out that he was a father to two adorable twins, then maybe she would run away from him calling him a liar.. "But.. I just can't tell you.. not yet.." He shook his head and then walked over to his car, still holding her hand so that she came with him. "Look... please, we'll go back to my house.. I don't live with my parents.. I also won't try anything, and you know I won't. Just.. we need to talk, okay.. Please?"

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:18 am

Funnily enough, Flora found herself stopping from walking away as soon as Lucas began to speak; the last thing she'd wanted to do was leave and not go for that coffee, but she was just so confused right now that she didn't know what'd be for the best. If she was honest with herself, she'd never felt this way about anyone before... Ever. There was something different about Lucas and there was definitely something different between them. The two boyfriends that she'd had in the past were special, sure they were but those relationships had been mainly driven by hormones; this was just.. not like that.

As Luke spoke, Flo found herself fixed on his eyes, all of the passion and emotion that he put into his words being reflected there so that she found them too enticing to look away from. It was almost too hard to focus on his words too, but she managed because he said them with such conviction.
Once he'd finished though, the brunette couldn't help herself. She wound her arms around his neck and pulled him into a gentle embrace; he was just too lovely to not hug and in that moment she didn't believe that anybody had ever cared for her as much as Luke did. Let's just say he'd convinced her for now.
"I believe you," she said softly by his ear, one hand cupping the back of his head. "I can feel that you're telling the truth.. I know that you wouldn't hurt me. But.. I hope you understand why I was worried. I'm.. I am sorry for doubting you Lucas."

This time though, Flora pulled back so that she could see his eyes again. "I.. I should have listened to my heart rather than my head. But when it's screaming at me so loud, sometimes I just give into logic too easily."
Letting a small sigh escape her lips, the seventeen year old had to frown though when they were back onto the sceret that Luke was keeping from her. Surely it couldn't be that bad...? But inside, she could feel the so many reasons for him not wanting to tell her, the fear, the anger, the frustration, the unknown. It was all there, so much so that Flo couldn't force the issue because she knew how much it'd hurt both of them to do so.
Following him over to the car, her hand still linked with his, the brunette listened to his plea before cupping his face into her hands.
"Okay. I'll come back to your house and I'll listen to you. We can.. talk. But please don't worry Luke, I'm really not that bad. I won't judge you, I won't shout or scream at you, I won't hit you, unless you do try something and I won't walk out on you okay? Just give me a chance."

Giving him a timid dry-lipped kiss then though, once she'd finished with her own speech, Flora smiled and hopped into the passenger's seat once the car door was open.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:55 pm

As Flora hugged him tightly, Lucas' mind flicked back to the hug that his children had given him when they left the pool today; her arms around his neck reminded him of his amazing son and daughter- the secret that he couldn't tell Flo. How would she react if she found out that he was hiding two adorable children from her? Honestly, he believed that she was would fall in love with them just as quickly as he had done when they were placed in his arms, but what if their relationship didn't work out? Then they'd get hurt and it would be his fault. That was the reason he didn't tell her about his kids; not yet, anyway.

"Thank you.. thank you for believing me.." He sighed lightly, resting his chin on top of her shoulder and then pressing his lips lightly to the skin just under her ear. "You're.. too kind.. you're perfect, Flo." Luke sighed, and then he lifted his head back up again when she pulled back to him. "I know.. that I don't seem like the sensible choice.. but.. I would change myself, just so that you would.. well.. love me." He smiled lightly, and he tucked a stray piece of her hair behind her ear gently. "Come on then.. let's get going." He said to her with a grin, before he succumbed to her kiss and her lips once more and then he was opening the passenger side door for her and he then slipped into his side.

"It shouldn't take us long; I live about ten minutes away." He told her, before putting the keys into the ignition of his 1969 Chevy Impala and pulled out of his parking space, before making his way towards his home.

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:45 am

Flora couldn't help but shudder as Luke placed a kiss just below her ear... The neck! Not the neck. Of course, it was one of her most sensitive points and she'd have been awfully distracted from the brunette male's words if it hadn't have been for the feelings that were radiating from his right now.
Flo could sense the holding back of him and she couldn't help but wish he'd tell her what it was; it was obviously bothering him and she wanted nothing more than to be able to help. Like she'd said to him before, he'd already done something for her by helping her to get over her fear and now she wanted to repay the debt.

As he said that she was prefect though, the brunette blushed a little and pulled back to look at him, tapping the tip of his nose gently with her index finger. "I wouldn't go that far... You should know more than anyone that I'm far from perfect."
Smiling a little though, despite herself, only did Flo's breath catch in her throat when Luke said that he'd like her to one day... love him. See, in her mind, the ideal thing to say then would have been 'I already do,' but she wasn't sure right now of how she felt and she didn't want to say that to someone for the first time when she wasn't one hundred percent. But luckily enough, there was one thing that she was sure of and so she decided to speak that truth instead.

"I will one day.. I'm already falling for you Luke," she whispered as he tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear and then she was kissing him before he opened the car door for her and they both slipped inside.
Just nodding when Lucas said that he only lived ten minutes away, Flora went to put on her seatbelt before giving up, having a sheer case of CBA. So instead, she lifted a slender finger and flicked it once so that the seatbelt moved as her finger did before it was clicked into place with her power. It definitely came in handy for some things!

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:45 am

"You.. you're already fa-falling for me?" Lucas said quietly, and then he then cupped the back of her neck lightly as they kissed. "I guess that I don't need to tell you that I'm already falling for you too.. you can probably see that and feel it from a mile off." The teenage boy smiled lightly, and then they were getting in the car. He chuckled at how she didn't seem to want to put her seatbelt on, but then did it with her telepathy. "You know, you never cease to amaze me with that power." He smile to her, turning his eyes away from the road for a second to look at her.

After shooting her his signature smile, the male turned back to look at the road, and he continued to drive in that nice silence with her. Luke was glad that his children didn't have to have strap in car seats now, and he took them out of the car after driving them somewhere so that no-one asked questions about why he had booster seats in the car. Since he was used to having the chatter of his children with him in the car, and around him a lot of the time, he wasn't used to silence, and he really didn't like it. The male reached over to turn the radio up a little, and he realized that the song One Shot by JLS was playing. "Does this song apply to us?" He chuckled lightly, before continuing the rest of the way back to his house.

Just when the song ended, he arrived back at his home, and he pulled up into the driveway of his small two bedroomed house. After stopping the car and pulling out the keys, the male walked around to Flo's side of the car and he opened her door for her. "My lady." He smiled playfully, before then closing the door when she was out, and headed up to his front door. "Ladies first." He gestured his hand in side after he had opened his front door.

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:29 am

Flora couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed when Lucas asked if she was already falling for him, a small nod of the head being her answer before he was cupping the back of her neck as they kissed, all of the negative feelings falling away again as the expression on her face turned to that of a smile when he said that he was falling for her too... And she could definitely feel that. She could feel him, everything about him and it was brilliant. She'd certainly never felt this way before about anybody and from that moment Flo knew that what she and Luke had, if they had anything, was definitely special.
"Mhm.. Definitely comes in handy," the brunette mused once she was in the car and had clipped her seatbelt up, specially.

As they began to drive, it wasn't long before Flo got lost in her own little bubble of thought, unaware of the silence that floated around the car; not that she'd have been bothered by it anyway 'cause she was quite used to them, what with her mother being away from home a lot. But she just needed to get her head straight as she thought about what her and Lucas were going to be like together. Only yesterday she thought she'd really disliked the boy because he used women, he was cocky and he flaunted that. It wasn't like he tried to cover it up or anything.
However now, Flo realized that Luke was still like that but it was actually that that she loved about him. Except for the using women bit. But he knew himself and he knew his character and he didn't try to hide it from anyone. Not many people could do that and he definitely earned Flora's respect for it.

Only when she heard Lucas speak did the seventeen year old glance at him, confused for a second before she noticed the song. As she did so, Flora didn't reply, just gave Luke one of her knowing smiles before they were soon driving up outside of his house, a low sigh escaping her pale lips.
"Wow... Th-This is your house?" She breathed, shocked as he opened the door for her, Flo murmuring a quiet thank you as he led her inside, too startled to pick up on his playful tone.
However once they were inside and she'd come back to her senses a little after the door had been shut behind her, the brunette gently pulled Luke around by his shoulder and leaned up to kiss him, her arms hooking around his waist.
After a few moments, she pulled back. "I have to admit that when we met a couple of weeks ago, I really didn't like you," she said with a smile. "But now... Well, I'm just so glad that we have this link together, you know? Otherwise I might never have met you."

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:00 pm

"Yeah, this is my home. It's pretty cute, right?" Lucas laughed a little, probably sounding a little camp by using that word, but it was probably the only word in the English vocabulary that actually fitted the look of his house. Honestly, his home was cute. It was also quite homey and comfortable inside too, but the only way to comment on the outside appearance of the house was cute. As they came inside and she draped her arms around his waist, he bent down a little so that she could kiss him. His hand came up to gently cup her neck as their lips came together. When he pulled back and so did she, he grinned lightly to her. "I know; this link between us is a god send. You.. you make me happy." He breathed, before there was a rap at the door.

"Excuse me just a moment. Go inside and make yourself as comfortable as you want." He smiled, before letting her go and heading over to the door. He took about three steps towards his front door, and then opened it. "Oh.. crap.." He muttered under his breath, seeing who was there. A small smile flitted onto his lips as he saw Rosie, Zach and his Aunt Bess there, before he remembered that Flo was still standing right behind him. He was about to say something, when both children ran in and hugged their daddy around the waist. "Daddy.." Both children chimed at the same time, and Lucas brought his hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose. "Hey, kids." He said quietly, before coming down to their level and smiling at them. "What are you two both doing home?"

"Rosie didn't want to staaay .. with Aunt Bess." His son piped up, a small grin on his face.
"I didd, daddy.. but... I missed youu.."
"You were scaaared..
"Nooo... I missed dadaa.." Rosie was virtually on the edge of tears as she said this to her older brother by a few minutes.

" Okay, okay, stop arguing." The older of the male's said, and he looked up at the 48 year old woman that was standing above him.
"Sorry, Luke. They just didn't want to stay; they both missed you. Oh... I.. I didn't know you had company.."

With a sigh, Lucas shook his head. "Don't worry - I missed them too." He smiled lightly, placing a kiss on both of his children's forehead before turning around slowly, waiting to see the look on Flo's face now that she knew his big secret.

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:37 am

Flora smiled once Lucas had pulled back from their kiss, gently leaning into the hand that was cupping the back of her neck.
"I'm glad... and you make me happy too," she replied softly, about to lean in for another kiss when suddenly there was a rap at the door and Luke released her from his warm grip, telling her to go inside and make herself comfortable, to which Flo just nodded briefly. She'd probably just stand and wait around here somewhere for him 'cause she was one of those people that didn't like to go into another person's house unless they were being shown the way. She'd feel intrusive and she'd just rather wait for Luke to show her.

However, Flo was just about to turn and loiter further away from the door so that she wouldn't be seen as eves dropping when suddenly she heard two children shouting daddy and turned to see two of the cutest little dark haired kids she'd ever seen. But no wait.. They were calling Lucas daddy? And.. oh my god. And then it suddenly dawned on Flo and hit her like a ton of bricks. Luke was a father. To twins.
Feeling her face literally pale with shock, Flora leant weakly against the wall, taking in what this would mean for her if she stayed with Luke and what it would mean if she couldn't...
But before she could say a word, something else hit her. A statement from Aunt Bess...

"Oh... I.. I didn't know you had company.."

It made the brunette feel slightly dirty with the way that she took that and her cheeks were immediately hit by a rush of heat as she looked down at the floor. All three of them knew what 'company' usually probably meant. A girl Luke had brought home to have his way with.. and Flo was just another added onto that list. This fact hurt her more than the fact that he had children; she was sure that she could live with that, even if it did take some getting used to. She just wished he'd told her sooner though...
With her heart suddenly weighing more than her entire body, Flo couldn't meet Luke's gaze as he turned to face her, her eyes clouded by tears. So this was it then. Over before it had even had a chance to begin.

"I should go.." she whispered and started slowly heading for the door, her gaze fixed firmly on her feet.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Once Luke's kids had come home again, he didn't know what to do. Was the male supposed to tell everything to Flo now, about how his first love had died because of a night that they had spent together, the only good things coming from it being the adorable kids in front of him. He watched her gently lean back against the wall, and the colour literally drain out of her face. He felt terrible, that she had found his major secret out this way, as he had wanted to tell her when their relationship had progressed more. He even had a good reason for keeping his children a secret, and he was pretty sure that she would understand when she heard his reasoning. He didn't want to loose Flora because of his secret.. but if he was going to have to chose, it would be obvious which ones he would go for, despite how much it would hurt to loose the other.

Lucas flinched a little with Aunt Bess' words, knowing what Flo would have taken it as and he dropped his gaze to the floor, his hands still resting gently on top of his twins' heads. They were still arguing quietly to themselves, not aware of anything that was going on around them. "You must be Flora." The silence was broken by his Aunt Bess taking a step closer to the girl, which meant that she couldn't really leave. "Luke's told me quite a lot about you. He really thinks you're amazing, you know."
"A-Aunt Bess.. please..." The younger male groaned slightly, his children looking up in confusion as he did so.
"But it's true, son." The older woman smiled, calling the boy that she had thought of as her son for many years now that word. She had been his mother in times of trouble, and wasn't like his real mother who had left him to get on alone with the twins. "He doesn't stop talking about you when he brings the twins over to see me." She smiled again brightly, not seeming to be aware of any tension between the two teenagers now that the twins were back in their home. "You must mean a lot to him."
"Okay, okay.. enough now.. please.. you're embarrassing me." Luke finally spoke up, shaking his head lightly with an embarrassed face as he came back up to his usual height.

With a small, shaky exhale escaping his lips, the male put both of his hands on the back of his children's head's, and gently led them over so that they were standing in front of Flora. "Flo.. this is my son and daughter - Zach and Rosie. Guys, this is my friend Flora." His voice was quiet as he introduced the two, and he gently bit his lip as he looked back into her eyes for the first time. "Please.. don't go.."

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:59 am

Flora could feel a range of mixed emotions coming from Lucas and it confused her, simply because she didn't understand why he was feeling them and because she couldn't decipher which were his anymore and which belonged to her. They might share a link - and a strong one at that - but unfortunately the reasons never came along as an explanation to the feelings and that often meant that people had to figure them out for themselves, which was harder said than done in most situations, especially ones like this.
However, deciding now would be most inappropriate to ask about the emotions running through Luke's body, Flo continued on her way to the door until Aunt Bess spoke.

"You must be Flora."

The brunette nodded a little, her vision still blurred by the liquid that filled her eyes. But she didn't move any further, simply because she wondered how this woman knew her name.

"Luke's told me quite a lot about you. He really thinks you're amazing, you know."

When she said this though, Flora blinked, a little shocked as she glanced at Lucas who was trying to hide his embarrassment. "I'm not amazing," she whispered sadly, going to leave for the second time until she was stopped again by another shock. Damn, what was this woman doing to her!

"He doesn't stop talking about you when he brings the twins over to see me." -- "You must mean a lot to him."

"I didn't know," Flo said softly, glancing at Lucas and holding his gaze for a long moment. This was the boy that she cared about, the boy that she was scared of loving and the boy that she trusted more than anyone else in the world, yet why did it seem so hard to just let go and accept her feelings for him? Was it because she was terrified of getting hurt? Was it because she knew he was broken?
Blinking at this thought though, realization suddenly gripped at the seventeen year old - she'd been feeling something strange from Luke for a while now, something that he hid relatively well. But now she'd finally figured it out in that moment. He was broken, or he'd been broken by something in the past and much to her surprise, Flo found that she wanted to fix it.

As he led his two children over to her, Flora managed a shaky smile and brought her fingers up into a little wave. "Hey guys.. It's nice to m-meet you both."
However, eventually drawing her gaze away from them though, when Luke met her eyes, Flora wanted nothing more than to fling her arms around him and just hold him - like his own personal mender of broken things, (something she'd heard from a book a while back) and for him to hold her back and tell her that everything was going to be okay.

"I'm not g-going anywhere. I'm staying right here with you Luke.."

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:40 am

A small smile literally glimmered across Luke's face as Flora said that she wasn't going anywhere, and his hands rested softly on his children's shoulders. If he wasn't holding on to his children, the male would have moved quickly over to her and wrapped his arms around her. So, he just took one step forward, gently moving away from his children, and he pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. "Thank you." Knowing that she wanted to stay was an amazing feeling, and he was just so happy that she didn't want to run away from him because he hadn't told her the secret of his twins. Slowly realizing that there was a pulling sensation coming from the bottom of his jeans, the brunette looked down to see little Rosie yanking on his trouser leg.

"Daddy..." Her small voice flitted up to his ears, and the male bent down to pick her up, Zach leaning against his other leg.
"Yeah, cutie?"
"Why is Flowa here?" The young girl asked, gently laying down her head on her father's shoulder, sticking her thumb in her mouth, a tale tale sign that she was now tired.
"Well, she came here to talk to me. You know you spend time talking to Hannah? That's why Flora's here. Just to see daddy and spend time talking with me." A small nod came from his daughter's face as she cuddled into him, and he smiled slightly when her eyes started to droop. "I'll look after them now tonight, Aunt Bess. Thanks for having them though when you did." He smiled, turning around from the three people in front of him, and looking at the blonde one.

"Oh, it's okay, Luke. You know how much I like looking after them."
"Yeah, I know you do. Zach, will you say goodbye to Aunt Bess? I don't think Rose is awake any more." He chuckled lightly, and he watched his son place a small, timid kiss on the side of the older woman's cheek, and she did the same to him.
"Bye kids, bye Luke. Bye Flora, it was nice to meet you." She smiled, before then she had left, closing the door behind her. With a small gesture of his hand, the male walked in the living room and sat down at the end the larger of the two sofas, cuddling his daughter to his chest. Zach sat down next to him on the couch, laying his had gently on his fathers arm, also very tired from the swimming and from whatever they did when they were out with Bess.

His eyes flitted over to Flora, and he sighed softly. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about them. I just... what if I had introduced you guys, and then it hadn't worked out between us, even though they've fallen in love with you? I just don't want to see them get hurt."

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:52 am

Being able to feel the elation coming from Lucas, Flora had to smile, especially when he placed a kiss on her forehead.
"You're welcome," she whispered back, resting a hand on his upper arm for a moment before letting it drop when he moved away again.
I guess it went without saying that she was still confused about the whole him having two children thing and she probably would be until they spoke properly but right now all she was bothered about was how much she cared for Luke and how much he seemed to care for her. If that part was strong enough then they could get through anything together, which was all that mattered in the end wasn't it?

Staying silent for the remainder of the little discussion, Flo just let her mind drift to what might happen in the future. She was only seventeen, going on eighteen.. could she help to look after two children?
But in saying that, Luke was only eighteen and he looked like he'd been doing it for three years or so and she wanted to help him out because of that. If that wasn't the biggest push factor then she didn't know what was.

When Aunt Bess went to leave though, the brunette glanced towards the door and smiled a little. "Bye.. It was nice to meet you too."And then she was gone, leaving the four alone again.

Flora followed Lucas into the living room, marvelling a little at how lovely and cosy it was before taking a seat down on the couch next to the one him and his children were sprawled on, letting it's softness envelope her into it's cushions for a moment as she closed her eyes and leant her head back.
"Mm?" She mumbled when Luke spoke, only opening her eyes again so that she could see him. "I-It's okay.. Just a bit of a shock I guess. But I understand.. I just never had you down as the fatherly type." Smiling to herself, Flora met his gaze then.
"But I'm looking forward to getting to know that side of you."

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:34 am

Luke could feel the confusion running through Flora as he said goodbye to his Aunt Bess, and he knew that they were going to have to have a long and serious talk about this. Rosie and Zach had never been around another woman that their father knew that he cared about, or just wanted to sleep with. They hadn't seen any of the people that he had made love to over the past three years, and he was just so happy that they hadn't. When his children got involved in something, Luke changed, as Flo could probably see now. She could feel the protectiveness coming from him over the two angels that were now on the couch, hugging him in their sleep. She could feel the love that he felt for them, and the feelings that he was feeling towards her too. She now knew that she wasn't just a fuck to him, and he really did care about her. But he could see why she was confused.

"Not many people would put me down as the fatherly type. Do I act like it? No." A small smile formed on the lips of the brunette male as he looked at her, and he nodded once when she said about wanting to know that side of him. "The only people that know that side of me are my kids and Aunt Bess. Other than that, people just know me as the womanizing bast-- erm.. man." He sighed, stopping himself from swearing in front of his two kids, even though they were sleeping. "But.. I think you're allowed to see it too. You're special to me." He smiled lightly, his eyes still locked onto hers.

But then, the little girl in his arms shifted and she looked up at her dad with half closed eyes. "Daa-daaddy." She said her voice soft and sleep ridden.
"Yeah, princess?"
"Am.. are we staying here noww? Stay with you?" She said, her little eyes fluttering as she said that.
"Of course, sweetie. I wouldn't want you anywhere else." The male gave a soft smile, and he gently bent his head down and brushed his nose against his daughter's. "Now, go back to sleep, Rosie." He said, and within the minute, she was sleeping soundly again. His gaze came back up to look at Flora, and he smiled lightly. "I did say I have a way with kids."

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:24 am

Flora smiled, albeit a little sadly when Luke said that people just knew him as a womanizing man. That's how she'd known him up until today and she felt bad for clicking into the category of people that couldn't see further than that. But then again, he did hide it all so completely well and she sighed a little, wishing she'd picked up on the goodness in him sooner.
"I.. Thank you," Flo smiled when Lucas said she was special to him, her heart skipping a couple of beats. "And I know that you're special to me. You and your children... I know I've only just met them but I still care for them 'cause they're a part of you."

Sighing a little after this revelation, Flo watched little Rosie asked her daddy if they were staying with him and she couldn't help but smile at how cute the children were and how brilliant they looked with their daddy.
Shifting a little on the sofa, the brunette tucked her feet underneath her as she got comfortable and gently ran a hand through her hair as she flickered her gaze about the room.
It was beautiful in here, really nicely light and open yet cosy at the same time. It was definitely the kind of place that two children should grow up in and as she thought about this she smiled again a little, simply because she was so glad to see that there was more to Lucas than meets the eye.

"You do.. I can see why you work at a swimming pool now, I mean I bet the kids there love you."

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:06 am

"They need someone like you to care for them as well. I.. I can't be both a mother and father for much longer. Rosie keeps asking me things that a mother should answer, even though she's only three. And I know she finds it as embarrassing as I do when I take her into the men's room." Sighing softly, Lucas looked down at his precious little girl that was curled up on his chest, her thumb stuck back in her mouth. She really was adorable, and looked more like him than her mother - but there was still that essence of Elizabeth in both of them that he could see whenever he looked at them. "I know that you'd never hurt them."

As his eyes relocked with Flora's, a small smile came onto the male's mouth. "Well, I don't want to sound big headed, but It think they do love me. They mostly listen to what I say, and they have fun and everything. It also means I can see these two while I'm at work." He smiled, looking down at his babies. "I love them. Really, I do." He smiled softly, and then he was looking back up at Flo once more.

"Thank you.. for.. for understanding."

I gasp the shitness of my post.

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:24 am

Aw, it isn't. :]

"Well.. I know that we've only been together really for a couple of hours but.. I want to help you with problems like that," Flora said gently. "I know I'll never be able to replace their mother and I wouldn't want to.. and I mean, I'm only seventeen myself, I don't have a lot of experience with kids other than my cousin.. whose more like a demon than a child but that's besides the point." Chuckling a little as she remembered the little blonde girl's antics at the pool earlier today, Flo sighed and hoped that it wasn't just her thought brought that out in the kid because of her lack of experience.
"I guess I'll just be here as.. moral support or something," the brunette finished softly, glancing up at Luke from the carpet.

When their eyes locked again though, all of the bad feelings she'd just been having seemed to fizzle away once more as she let the soft hum of Lucas's voice calm her, as it always had done.
"I think they love you too. I mean, I've seen you at the pool before and you always seem to have a little army of children trailing after you, asking you to play." Smiling again, the expression softened when Lucas said that he loved his children and Flora responded with a quiet, "I can see."

"It's okay.. I'm just glad I can help, I guess. But if you ever need me, you know where I am right? Night or day. I want to be here for you Luke."

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:08 am

Awh, thank you :D I love your posts

”No.. no-one could replace their mother, even if I wanted them too. But.. they’ve never had a mothers love – ever. Their… their mother only met them once.. held them once.” Lucas sighed quietly, dropping his head against the back of the couch for a moment and then biting his bottom lip. He hated talking about Elizabeth, because of the pain that it caused him, but Flo deserved to have some answers to unanswered questions. “You’ll never be just moral support, Flo. You’ll be more than that to me for as long as you stay around me.” He sighed quietly, and then he looked up from the ground, taking his gaze back to hers.

“Trails of kids following me is quite funny. I mean, I like playing with all of them, splashing around in the pool and stuff, but I have to do my job as well. It’s fun though.. it’s one of the best jobs that I’ve had. I had to keep changing.. some employers couldn’t deal with the weird hours that I have to work to be around my kids, so I had to change jobs a lot. Now I’m in a good job where I can cater to the needs of my children, and it’s easier..” He said, before chuckling a little, trying not to disturb the angel on his chest. “Sorry, I’m babbling. Something I do when I’m out of my comfort zone. But.. I know you’re there for me. Thank you, Flora.”

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:01 am

Thank youuuu! :D

Flora frowned a little as she felt the pain in her chest when Lucas spoke about his children's mother and realized in that moment that he'd never really gotten over her and that she was still a very prominant factor in his life. What if he couldn't get over her though? Would that mean that he'd always be comparing Flo to her?
Sighing a little at this thought, the brunette locked gazes with him once more. She didn't want him to hurt but she felt like he needed to speak about her because he simply never really had done. And she was here to help, wasn't she?
"What happened to Elizabeth?" Flo asked softly, watching him for any signs that this conversation was a little step too far.

"Thank you.. It.. It's nice to know that I'm a little more to you than just that." Blushing a little at her own lack of self-confidence Flo rubbed the back of her bare neck a little before looking back to Luke and his kids when he spoke again.
"You always look like you enjoy it... I just wish I could come and join in a little more. I mean, I'm not the best to be with in the water am I?" She chuckled with him before shaking off his apology for babbling; she was the one usually doing that anyway.
"Don't feel out of your comfort zone around me Lucas.. I can feel that you are but just be yourself. That's who I care for so you don't need to worry."

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!