Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Yo-yo.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Yo-yo.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Claus on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:56 pm

A friend recommended this site to me. Said it had a friendly environment and good roleplayers. Two things I look for so here I am. =D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Claus
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Yo-yo.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:45 am

Welcome Claus,

I’m always pleased when a Gateway member enjoys the site enough to recommend it to a friend. I hope that we can exceed expectations. I see you already have an RP and someone to play with.

It wasn’t immediately apparent to me what the theme of you story is. Maybe your intention is to have a truly free-form game with all possibilities open? Because of the ambiguity I was also not sure if the game was open to all players or just private, as most games on the site are considered open to all unless stated otherwise in the opening post. I was just wondering. The Discussion & Information section is where you can start a thread for Meta issues like: terms of the game, plot points, or recruiting new players, without interupting the flow of your story.

Our site is for all kinds of games and players who make the game are free to establish their own rules. Most of the rules on the site pertain only to OOC interaction, which we like to keep friendly and constructive. We welcome players of all skill levels and hope to teach those that need or ask for help.

If you would like to tell us more about what interests you or have any burning questions, please post them here and our whole community can get to know you better. Also, try out the chat. Hopefully it will work for you. It is under construction that I hope will be completed shortly.

Please look over these links to familiarize yourself with our community standards and then I hope you make lots of new friends and create some wonderful stories. Enjoy!

Read This First

Rules

Etiquette

Quick Guide

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Claus on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:52 pm

I've already looked over most of the site, thank you. But I guess you're right. A lot of people say my roleplays are hard to understand. But it's only because I don't like to reveal too much in the beginning. Once I start typing it's hard for me to stop. ^^;

And all my roleplays will be open to everywhere. They always have a plot, cuz it's how I roll. ;D

Claus
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:27 pm

Claus! I'm talking to you in the chat right now! Weee!

I can already tell you're a great addition to the site. You're fun and smart and intelligent, easily someone who will blend in here.

So yes, welcome to our humble abode. I do hope you enjoy it here and will stick with us. If there is ever anything I can do to help you, just PM me. =D

AS for me, I'm going to track down that RP of yours quid mentioned. =D
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Claus on Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:48 pm

Haha, I think you will enjoy it. I have quite a bit planned for it. ^^

It's in Fantasy, btw.

Claus
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:35 am

I thought it was a style choise. Ideally I would like my own games to be run the same way, with no out of character or meta information in them. I am only suggesting an info thread to help other possible players understand and make it more inviting. You don't have to reveal plot information, just a hint of direction. It is ceratinly mysterious, you definitely have me intrigued. I'll be watching. Have fun.

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:20 pm

Claus, long time no see. ^^ Welcome to the board! <3

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!