Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokemon: Renean Force

Pokemon: Renean Force

a part of “Pokemon: Renean Force”, a fictional universe by Rarikou.

Pokemon Region Renea. Team Dusk has taken over a crucial material for pokeballs, preventing shipment of them to other regions. Every region other than Renea is suffering.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokemon: Renean Force”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Pokemon: Renean Force

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:15 pm

"Pokemon: Renean Force"

Welcome one and all. Pokemon lovers, come in, come in, to what I hope will be the best pokemon Rp out there!

It's realistic, and i made it to where it feels like a story, and not a game, so come in and see for yourself!
'The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusing his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana are the means by which all is revealed. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: [OOC] Pokemon: Renean Force

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moksha-Achieved on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm in! I submitted my character too.

I'm 'siked! I've never been in a pokemon RP that actually made sense and wasn't just a written playthrough of the games so.. should be fun.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moksha-Achieved
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:12 am

Sorry for the wait...my router actually gave out due to the sheer amount of internets going through it.

What a hero. :) So yeah, if you need a co-GM, I'm still here.

(continued from Interest Checks)
Yeah, little mechanics like these as well as the level of adhesion to the video games in general is something any aspiring Pokemon GM will want to work out beforehand. The way ChaoticMarin and I ran Down With The Crown was similar, but everyone finds that balance that works best for them. Here's what we agreed to:

-Pokemon were restricted to having access to four moves at a time. Though they could certainly know more, they had to consciously swap out readied techniques in training sessions between fights. If you expand even to five moves, some of the more versatile Pokemon end up being capable of having an answer for everything.

-HM moves didn't count towards the four-move limit (with the possible exception of Surf) because they are specifically designed to facilitate the trainer's desire to get from place to place. Much like a human would undergo CPR certification, Trainers needed to be certified holders of these machines after a short training course in proper use of the technique. I like the idea of the training-video mechanic, though. Rare Candy Treatment also has a hilarious take on why moves that can be learned through HMs are resistant to being overwritten. (Author's note: I've tried this with a Salamence, who learns Fly through level-up in Ruby and Sapphire, and it's treated as if it had learned it via the hidden machine.)

-Like the Pokemon Adventures manga (which I admit I'm unfamiliar with), a Pokemon's "level" was a much more fickle thing than any RPG system worth its salt would have you believe. The example that keeps coming up is the idea of a person's power level in the Dragonball series. Indeed, in the Battle Arcade in Platinum and HG/SS, levels can be artificially raised and lowered.

-Hard numbers are to be avoided at all costs. Grinding is hard enough when all the calculations are done automatically. I learned that the hard way, let me tell you.
Last edited by LawOfTheLand on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:15 am

I'm glad your excited. I am as well

'm working on a way to incorporate a way for trainers to make money, like odd jobs you can do

and, before I go to bed, im going to put the map up in the places area, and all the cities. this is gunna take a while

EDIT: oops, sorry QB, i posted just after you, it seems

depending on how many to join, i may not be in. If oh, say, 3 or 4 more people join, then you may join the ranks of the GM world

Edit number 2: just caught your edit. Ill DEFIANTLY be keeping those thoughts in my head

The world map is up. Just go to the places tab, then Renea Region.
And if ANYONE says a WORD about what the region has an eerily similar shape too, Arceus help me, Ill-....

never mind.. Im still working on the cities.

Edit number 2: im sorry, im running on empty, and I need tp sleep. I have about 1/2 of the cities done, and I'll have them done tomorrow. Promise. I also need to make an npc roster

I like your second idea, QB, about requiring certifications to use HM's outside of battle.

Im iffy on the move limit, im leaning towards none, because that would give more realism than only four. I can say that, if you don't use a move for a certain period of time, you'll lose it, and have to retrain if you want it back.

good night. Everything should be done tomorrow. Tell your friends, everyone!

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:28 am

Submitted my trainer; I hope everything is in order with her. ^ ^; I know she doesn't have the standard past for a trainer, but I hope it still works. If not, let me know and I'll change whatever is needed.
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:13 pm

it's fine
i like the whole dishuise things

the places are fully update, and all the cities are up there. Take a look

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aixulram on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:01 pm

I can't believe it. So far, I'm the only one who hasn't used a picture from that website. *sigh* But I still like it and play around with it.
Kick her ass, Misty! Show her who Ash's true lover is!

Aixulram
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:35 pm

@Aixulram Hahah. . . . To be honest there, I already had a trainer design made from deviantart before this roleplay, I was suppose to be in another Pokemon roleplay eariler this year, but the GM for it wonked out on me and the others and it never went through. So I was stuck with Alexis, and this seemed like a good chance to use her.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moksha-Achieved on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:16 pm

I wouldn't have used the online drawer.... if I had any artistic talent... at all. :o This is the fourth time I've attempted to use Spencer. Hopefully this RP doesn't crap out too!

Moksha-Achieved
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:35 pm

My position is the same as Moksha's. I have no drawing talent. Period.

I'd Like one more person to join but, I'll start this show at Midnight my time (so, about in five hours)

As too the previously discussed matters:

1. I'm not going to impose a move limit. BUT, Once you know more than four, if you don't use any of those moves for a certain period of time, you forget it. This is too keep up with the general realism concept.

2. You must be certified to use an HM. There won't be many, Just Surf, Dive, Rock Climb, and Fly. If you get caught by the police, and you don't have a certification (a badge, basically), you'll get imposed a major fine, and get hauled to the nearest spot of land.

Im working on an NPC roster now.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:30 pm

I'm in the process of making my character now, but seeing as how my laptop's keyboard has crashed and i'm stuck using an on-screen board where i have to 'click' on each key, it's gonna take awhile.
O o
/¯/__________________________________________ _\
| IMMA FIREN MAH LAZAH, BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯/

13lazer31
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aixulram on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:51 am

Are we gonna be starting soon? *puppy dog eyes*

Aixulram
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:57 am

*looks a clock*

it's 11: 55

i was gonna wait five more minutes to post

everyone, begin working on your posts

13lazer, keep making that Chara. We won't have much of a head start on you

Everyone is starting in Florinza.

Be sure to PM if you want to catch a pokemon

and don't rush this either. Balance is key

well, The second I put my post up, prepare to rumble.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:04 pm

@Aixulram Uhhh, I went to look at Jenny's character profile and her picture was gone. o_o; Thought that you might like to know. . . .

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aixulram on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Fixed her up! :D

Aixulram
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:48 pm

That's good! ^^

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:46 pm

poor Tyler, getting tackled by two people in less than two minutes.

Good first posts eveyone

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moksha-Achieved on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Ok! I'm probably going to be posting around this time every night, because of ski practice and seech... Friday's we go out of town, but I'll try to get a post in anyways. Weekends I'm posting all day.

-not that anyone cares, but it looked like the three of you were waiting for me- o.o

Oh, also, Beta, how would you feel about Spencer being able to tell Alex was really an Alexis? I'd have him keep his mouth shut and everything. It could be fuuuuun :D

Moksha-Achieved
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:38 pm

@Rarikou XD I was good with Undine having run into either Tyler or Jenny, either one was good.

@Moksha-Achieved Yeah, that'd be good, it'd be fine if Spencer could tell Alex was really an Alexis. ^^ She has more than a few slip-ups and issues maintaining her disguise though. XD

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:03 pm

okay almost done, just need to finish up his history

13lazer31
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!