Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Universe in Flames. Future Nation RP. OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Universe in Flames. Future Nation RP. OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:22 pm

@Conquerer_Man
alright, it is a start, just remember that the strengths and weaknesses must be a 1:1 ratio, so if you have 7 on strengths you MUST have 7 on weaknesses, and so on.

So far so good.

@Gabag
Make an CS whenever you can and I'll look at it
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:47 pm

Anything else to edit before I start working on it?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevyn on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:59 pm

Okay question: anyone wants to be allied to the Federation of Vedr? Like I said in the profile, it has many allies of all sizes so if anyone wants to, then I don't have to make up an other group....
Dying without achieving your goals or living on for years and realizing you will never achieve them - which is worse?"

the flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all

Be childish, be a god, be a child of a God!

Nevyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:12 am

@Conquerer_Man
Nah that is about it.

@Nevyn
Well, I could imagine the Republic of Deutchlieg wanting to be allies Federation of Vedr, however I don't want it to be so that they were friends all along, I would like to start off with the Deutchliegs thinking that Vedr is a planet they can easily take and start invading it, and from there we can kind of let our imagination loose.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 am

Friendships with all nations, entangling alliances with none. That's how the IGCC roles.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevyn on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:22 am

okay Saxious you just gave me the brilliant idea for an opening post.

Nevyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceur'Caelesetos on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:12 am

Conquerer man think the IGCC and the Republic could be friends?

Ceur'Caelesetos
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:28 am

I believe that would be a yes, filed under the Friendships clause. Don't expect favored treatment by the IGCC, but at the very least a warm welcome and a harty hospitality. At the very most, the IGCC might join a temporary allaince against a common enemy. (That last sentace was aimed towards the general group)

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceur'Caelesetos on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:01 am

I was hoping the Darii would be a common NPC enemy that we could all fight and eventually destroy. However that's up to the group.

Anyway the Republic is friendly to anyone who doesn't attack them.

Ceur'Caelesetos
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevyn on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:16 am

Wel the Vedr aren't a race that attacks: don't invade other nations but don't allow other nations to invade us, that's their moto

Nevyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:05 am

I'm already planning the internal struggle that will happen when the Reoublic of Deutchlieg discovers the powerful metal that Vedr has, especially the Pope would want his hands on that (remember, he is a strong believer that machines has to be built to please the Machine Spirit).

Give me a minute to make a response, I need to finish my physics homework and then read a bloody boring book for english (why do they always pick crappy books and worship them? Honestly, that is what my english teachers has done for the past five years!)

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevyn on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:19 am

well bring it on :P
but remember, no army has left the Federation of Vedr alive.We have the homefield advantage muhahahahaha :P

Nevyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:34 am

ah, don't you worry, I have enough surprises to keep this war going for a few good posts.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:26 pm

BURN THE PLANT LOVERS!!!! TOTAL WAR!! DEATH TO VEGGIES!!!

Hmmhm, sorry about that, I just see that as a challenge, well not a real challenge or one that I would persue since the Vedr and the IGCC would not have any conflicting interests. Anyway, as you were.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:17 pm

alright, i've decided to stop being lazy now. Pretty much my IW nation, just with some edits. I may add more ships later.

Nation name:
Long: The Grand Republic of the Federated Planets
Short: Federal Republic Planets or FRP
Race(s): Humans
Nation size: Class Two - Controls 8 systems

Government type: Federal Republic
Important Government Figures:
President Grelvin Huril
Vice President Yerket Obson
Board of Directors - A group of twelve people who serve as a kind of senate

Economy: The economy of the FRP is a mixture of capitalism and government control. Competition between companies is good but too much causes price wars and hurts the economy, to little causes monopolies and drives prices up, thus businesses are lightly regulated by the government, but are for the most part free to do as they wish

Religions: the FRP is largely secular, though there is an emerging faction of technology worshipers

Points of interest:
Planet Eden: The first artificial planet, still under construction, once finished it will serve as a massive resort and tourist hot spot, though center of the planet will house a small war factory that will launch small scale ships from the poles

Alpha sector: the primary sector of the FRP, houses the capital and most "civilian" planets

Planet Dreg: Capital planet of the FRP, is virtually deforested and is covered in massive cities and commercial centers, life is sustained on the planet through the use of oxygen factories.

Beta sector: contains a mix of "civilian" planets and industrial planets

Planet Athena: A planet in the Beta sector, devoted entirely to research and development, its entire population assists the R&D process in some way, whether it be research or just maintaining the facilities.

Gamma sector: almost all the planets in this sector are devoted to either the military or industry

Other sectors:
Delta sector
Epsilon sector
Zeta sector
Theta sector
Lambada sector

History: The FRP did not come about through conquest, revolution, or even politics, it came about due to one thing and one thing only. Money. Originally a company located on Planet Dreg called Conquest Unlimited, it was a company specializing in military tech. Eventually a war broke out between the three neighboring sector. Naturally Conquest Unlimited was out to make the highest profit, and that they did. Selling to all three factions they were able to gain tremendous influence and massive wealth, buying out several companies to the point where they owned entire planets. Eventually the war ended but by that point the three factions were completely devastated by the conflict. At this point Conquest Unlimited simply stepped in and bought what little they already did not own or influence. This did not bring about the current iteration of the FRP though. The people running Conquest Unlimited were used to running a company, not a government, and though they tried at first to run it like they would their company, them having a monopoly over every industry drove prices insanely high and eventually the people revolted. Obviously, a revolting population is bad for business so the executives of Conquest Unlimited were forced to give up their monopoly over all of the industries, though they were allowed to remain in power because the previous governments had only brought destruction upon the systems, though they were force to go from an appointee based system to an electoral based system, with the citizens electing their leaders. Over time more systems were acquired through various means, warfare, subterfuge, bribes, and "other" methods. These systems together form the FRP of today.

Strengths:
-Technologically minded: the people of the FRP love their tiny music players that are built right into their ears as well as a variety of other gadgets and gizmos, though not all of the research being done is on civilian products...
-Economically minded: its all about profit, if the FRP cannot make a profit out of a conflict then they are not interested, so long as it does not threaten them directly of course
-Cypercitizens: having mastered both cybernetics and cyberspace, it is a daily activity to go home and plug your head right into the computer.
-Industrial Might!: to be able to sell things, you have to be able to make things, and a factory that is making kitchenware one day may be pumping out guns the next.
-Sneaky: whether it is spying on their neighbor or catching a internal spy, the FRP makes sure to always has spot on intelligence thanks to a extensively developed spy community.
-HAXXX!: The FRP makes sure to keep a good number of well trained computer hackers around, after all, it can do anything from gain you information about your enemies battle plan, to bring down an entire ship's systems while your ships blow it to hell.
-Bounty of Asteroids: Thanks to the presence of an asteroid belt within Beta and Gamma sector, the FRP has access to a wealth of raw materials.
-Stealth Obsessed: If your enemy has a bigger gun, why not just sneak around it?
-Free Market Boomtown: What good would the FRP as a corporate society be if they couldn't attract new businesses?
-Entrenched: the sectors under the FRP's control are heavily entrenched, with everything from mines to defense platforms, any attack on any FRP sector would be costly.
-Diplomatic: You could walk into a room with a FRP diplomat expecting to declare war, only for the whole thing to end with you signing a nonaggression pact.
-Independent: the FRP is largely independent in terms of food, raw materials, and well... pretty much everything they need.

Weaknesses:
-Picky about allies: in warfare and politics you can't be to picky about your allies, but the FRP has a tendency to not want to have anything to do with someone who will bring them into a war that they will not make money off of.
-Greedy: three words, MONEY MONEY MONEY! its all about the cash, if you can pay off the FRP then you may find yourself able to attack someone who was their ally only moments before your credit card was authorized...
-I Like it Big and I like it expensive!: Being advanced means being expensive, and some times quantity overwhelms quality
-Its all about your name: When it comes to the military officers are born into it, if you want to be a high ranking officer, you had better either have a lot of money, or your father is a high ranking officer. Generally not a major issue but some times you get the stupid ones giving good soldiers orders.
-Paranoid: good allies use their spies to gather intel on an enemy and share it with their allies, the FRP gathers intel on their enemies, shares it with their allies, and then steals documents out of their allies pockets while they are busy receiving the intel you are sharing with them.
-Underground: There is an extensive black market and underground operating in FRP territory, trading anything from tech to people, and the FRP's enemies aren't exactly the enemies of the underground...
-Black Friday: If the FRP's stocks were ever to crash, the FRP would be in some serious need of money.
-Young: The FRP is relatively young and as such, the older and more massive empires tend to not take it as seriously as the FRP would like.
-Materialistic: for the FRP its all about the stuff, this makes its people not very spiritual which kinda pisses off the religious nuts.
-Gaps: Despite being heavily entrenched there are still gaps that trade ships travel through that an enemy could exploit.
-Mediocre Ground forces: The FRP focuses most of its military research on its space ships, and as such its ground forces lag behind a bit.
-Ambitious: The leaders of the FRP have plans... big ones. The problem being they may be a bit too big for such a small empire to deal with, especially if something were to go wrong.

Historical Trait:
-Commercial: For as long as the FRP has existed it has been about making the most money possible.

Hyper Tech:
-Reaper Drive: its always handy to be able to hop into a system, cause some destruction then instantly return home for repairs and rearming so you can repeat it all again.
-Cloaking: the FRP deploys a variety of stealth units, ranging from special forces snipers with stealth cloaks, to mine layers, complete with their own stealthed mines.
-Relativistic Weapons: mass diver weapons are the backbone of the FRP's weaponry, so much so that it has become a specialty of theirs.
-Neutronium: not having a mass amount of ships means the ones you do have need to be well protected.

Super Weapon:
-The Planet Cracker: A super massive Relativistic rail gun, capable of shooting straight through a planet 40 systems away. It is equipped with 10 Reaper Drives and several engines, allowing it to have a certain amount of mobility and can be deployed in systems closer to enemies important planets if necessary, though it is generally used defensively against invading fleets and is in itself a fortress capable of taking on a small enemy fleet. Its defenses range from smaller Relativistic guns to squadrons of Hornet fighters and Wasp Bombers.

MILITARY:
Doctrine:
-Special Forces: the FRP makes heavy use of special forces to preform surgical strikes against high priority targets. Its easier to prevent a war by taking out a particularly aggressive leader with a sniper bullet than it is to fight an entire war.

Cyberwarefare: Disrupt enemy communication, steal intel, disable factories, anything that can be done with a computer to hurt you the FRP does it. Entire platoons of people work to attempt to hack into enemy networks, what they do once they are there depends on the situation. It may be something quiet, so as to keep the enemy from knowing they have been compromised, or it may be crashing the entire network, if this does happen, it probably means that a massive all out, enemy destroying attack is coming.

Ship to Ship: most of the FRP's military effort is devoted to space warfare. If you can stop them from ever landing on the planet, why bother bulking up your ground forces? Of course this does not mean that the FRP's ground forces are weak, but in the event that the enemy does land on a planet, expect orbital bombardment to commence.

Surgical Bombing: Why send in droves of soldiers to do for a planet? Why bomb the living hell out of it and make it completely unusable? When the FRP tries to take over a planet, expect important facilities and other priority targets to get blown out of existence. If that doesn't work, send in the troops and have ships stationed ready to blow away any resistance they meet.

Class Name: Chronos (10/10)
Category: Dreadnought
Combat Designation: Capital Ship, command and control
Engines: Tisen Class MkII Reaper Drive, 6 Kirin Class Plasma jet engines, 2 MkIII Culin Class Fusion Reactors
Weapons: A variety of small lasers used for point defense, over 100 Relativistic guns on each side of the ship, they are able to swivel and can cover a wide area. 5 missile bays that come with a different variety of ammo, ranging from atomic weapons to guided missiles.
Defences: Has 3 layers of shields, first to are Ray and the last one is Particle, MkII Neutronium Armor
Other: Houses 30 Hornet class fighters and 20 Wasp Class Bombers, Has a built in target designator that gives this ship good accuracy at all but the longest ranges.

Ship Class Name: Chimera (9/10)
Hull Size: Battlecruiser
Combat Designation: Front line Combat
Weapons: A total of 120 Relativistic guns on each side of the ship, 10 missile bays, 20 DEWs on the front and rear of the ship all equipped to be able to swivel and can cover all sides of the ship.
Engines: Tisen Class MkII Reaper Drive, 4 Daedalus Class Plasma jet engines, 3 MkII Culin Class Fusion Reactors.
Defenses: 2 layers of Ray shielding and 2 layers of Particle shielding, MkII Neutronium Armor
Other: Carries a unique type of "cluster missile" that when fired splits into 10 individual seeking HE missiles.

Ship Class Name: Valkyrie (5/10)
Hull Size: Frigate
Combat Designation: Stealth mine layer
Weapons: Is equipped with 20 DEWs total and 10 Mass Drivers, carries a compliment of 50 Mjöllnir stealthed mines
Engines: Icarus Class MkI Reaper Drive, 2 Helios Class Plasma jet engines, 1 Artemis Class Fusion Reactor
Defenses: MkI Neutronium armor, 1 Ray shield, Stealth Generator
Other: is stealthed, designed to slip around attacking enemies and lay mines in their retreat path, or lay them right in front of them.

Ship Class Name: Pandora (7/10)
Hull Size: Destroyer
Combat Designation: Carrier
Weapons: 40 DEWs and 20 Mass Drivers
Engines: Icarus Class MkI Reaper Drive, 4 Helios Class Plasma jet engines, 2 Artemis Class Fusion Reactors
Defenses: MkII Neutronium armor, 1 layer of Ray shielding and one layer of Particle shielding
Other: carries compliments of 75 Hornet Fighters and 25 Wasp Bombers

Ground Armies:
Ground Troops: List the kinds and their gear. Numbers would be helpful too. No sheet needed here; pics encouraged but descriptions are nice too.

I'll do the ground armies later.
Orly?

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:13 pm

good start, I can already see the political tension from your superweapon.

If you can give us an overview of how your ground armies are then you'll be accepted.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:27 pm

right, I'll come up with ground armies tonight and post them tomorrow.

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Here's just a notice. I have decided to create new regiments for the army of Deutchlieg, minor armies specialized for certain types of warfare (they'll still have the same military system).
I'll have them finished by tonight (china time...not because there are many, just because I know I'll have homework and books which I have to read).

Anyone, and everyone can do this as well, it is a nation RP, after all, so you can make yourself as unique as you want to :P

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Cool.
I'll be adding some new things to my CS. Nothing new I'll just be putting more information about the Reich. I will, however, make some new ships and much more but this will happen when the Reich expand orlose a battle and see that they need a better military or If they find another vault. In the History I mentioned them and I do believe i mentioned a map that told the locations of more them, spread throughout the universe.
Looking at Julius I cleaned my tears and confessed. "I too ignored the soothsayer...and I too was stabbed by some one I loved."

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:57 pm

bah, busy day yesterday, wasn't able to come up with my ground armies, i'm working on it today, but i'm also working on things for a few other RPs but i'll try to get it done today.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!