Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Universe in Flames. Future Nation RP. OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Universe in Flames. Future Nation RP. OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Its alright, as long as u inform us at some point that ur alive and will post sometime. No need to rush.

@Ceur'Caelesetos

In the future I'll have to ask you to write more than that. You said you needed interaction, you got it, and now help me build it up. I'm not going to do the work here, for else I might as well get some guns and do what any other nation would have done and eliminated any possible threat the society.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:43 am

Hahaha, so the largest "empire" in the Rp doesn't even get a passing glance by one of those probes, eh Gabag?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabag on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:50 pm

I never said that all the pods came out near Vedr, some are still rocketing through space, they will eventually find their way to the IGCC

Gabag
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:22 pm

Gabag wrote:Deuthleig system

The last of the 30 finally exited hyperspace on the borders to the hyper paranoid Deuthleig Empire. Disregarding what the locals might react to it's presence, the drone began to fly towards a satellite

Could've fooled me, but truth betold I'm fine if you don't. Listen, I just want you to be consisten with what you say, or acknowledge you made a mistake; not cover it up or try to explain it away just because I'm whining about it. (BTW: I was just giving you a hard time in the above post, again I really don't care either way)

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabag on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:14 pm

I was going to edit that post so I could have a few pods meet the IGCC, but then realized it would throw off Saxious's post with him opening fire.

guess i need to pay more attention to what i write next time, my mistake

Gabag
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceur'Caelesetos on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:37 pm

By the way Sara is a psyker. There are only three of her kind. They are one of the Republic's super weapons because of their ability to control minds, erase memories, move things with their minds, etc etc etc.

She is going to be a spy essentially.

Ceur'Caelesetos
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:24 pm

I must say, when I read this part, " The Coron republic had released their Super weapon upon the Deutchleig Republic. Code Named: Sara." Only two words passed through my mind.

Holy Shit.
Looking at Julius I cleaned my tears and confessed. "I too ignored the soothsayer...and I too was stabbed by some one I loved."

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:34 pm

now a question runs through my mind....where the heck is your CS with this on? I went through all the pages, and never did you mention any psykers....mate, fix it, and use the CS I made on the first post please, for what you have written is, in truth, messy and hard to follow along in.

As, techically, your nation doesn't have any super techs, and thus no psykers. Sorry to be a bitch about this, but there's a reason why I have the CS (i need to monitor every player, so there's no god-moding), and since you haven't finished your CS...You could basically have deaths stars and the likes.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabag on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:52 am

Hopefully the Reich will be willing to wait a short while longer for their Vault.

Gabag
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceur'Caelesetos on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:07 am

Sorry 'bout that. I added Psykers to the Hyper techs. I will add my other two techs sometime today.

Do not read: Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper Word count Keeper

Ceur'Caelesetos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:16 am

alright...and when you fill the other ones in, please notify us, it would be like to see what your creativity is like :D

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceur'Caelesetos on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:23 am

Aight I added the other two. What do you think?

Do not read: Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper Word Count Keeper

Ceur'Caelesetos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:58 am

Alright, now for the new hyper techs.

Reincarnation Tech: Sure, however, stick to the idea that it is maximum three lives that they can have, everything beyond that will cause brain damage and insanity. Damage to the head (e.g, 'head shot!') will have more immediate effects, which i leave for you to decide.

Psykers: "They can also manipulate objects and computers with only their mind." ....you're pushing it. I will allow you to let them manipulate others, and it is maximized to people who are ranked captains (which should be fine for you) however other ranks (such as ghosts or Commissars) are trained to have an iron will and cannot easily be manipulated and they'll notice certain effects (which i leave to the player).
Well, if the psyker can read the 10011100101001110101110101101 system that a computer has (which often tends to be a bloody long list for files)...fine...and if he/she/it can also understand the other language, alright.
Manipulating objects. No. Thus far, no other nation has anything which can do such 'invasive' things to the minds.
Also, if the Psyker can understand the language that the other races are thinking in. If he/she/it was trained to learn it, that's fine, but you really, for your own sake, have to include such small bits of information, for else the questions will come 'how, when, why?'. (It's like English class...cover your arse when writing essays)

Gene-key: sounds interesting, but more info would be nice.

Teleporters: green light!

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevyn on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:18 pm

I hate to do this, but I have to drop out of this RP. My life has become so hectic at the moment and I don't have much free time and to many RP's I'm in, so I have to make some choises. And well I have a few others where I play with some people that are my friends and I've been for a longer period. I really hate to do this, cause I don't want to be a drop out but I really don't have the time. I'm so sorry
**bows a thousand times** Sorry!
greetz Nevyn
Dying without achieving your goals or living on for years and realizing you will never achieve them - which is worse?"

the flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all

Be childish, be a god, be a child of a God!

Nevyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Aaw Nevyn. We'll miss you man.

Gagbag: If you want war, The Reich will you give you one but you might wannah wait. Whether the Reich wins or loses this fight one thing is certain, the Mura will reach the surface of your planet one way or another and there will be a couple T.M.Ns launched at your planet. (TMN, Tactical Mini Nuke.)

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:23 pm

@Nevyn
it is understandable and fine, I'll think a way out to make your civilazationj crumple and make sure that no one will take your planets. Have fun!

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabag on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:22 pm

see ya Nevyn

Ersatz Creed I really don't want war as of yet, but you must understand when a large alien fleet comes from nowhere demanding landing access, that fleets on standby are a tactically sound idea.

A peaceful resolution is wanted, but if the Reich will take to war to get their Vault then they will have to fight for every step of land they take.

Gabag
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceur'Caelesetos on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Saxious wrote:Psykers: "They can also manipulate objects and computers with only their mind." ....you're pushing it. I will allow you to let them manipulate others, and it is maximized to people who are ranked captains (which should be fine for you) however other ranks (such as ghosts or Commissars) are trained to have an iron will and cannot easily be manipulated and they'll notice certain effects (which i leave to the player).
Well, if the psyker can read the 10011100101001110101110101101 system that a computer has (which often tends to be a bloody long list for files)...fine...and if he/she/it can also understand the other language, alright.
Manipulating objects. No. Thus far, no other nation has anything which can do such 'invasive' things to the minds.
Also, if the Psyker can understand the language that the other races are thinking in. If he/she/it was trained to learn it, that's fine, but you really, for your own sake, have to include such small bits of information, for else the questions will come 'how, when, why?'. (It's like English class...cover your arse when writing essays)

Aight Telekinesis and Teletechnological manipulation are out. The way they understand the minds of the enemy even though there is a language barrier is because science has proved that when we remember something abstract(like a word or number) we also subconsciously remember the physical object that it describes.

So their minds pick up on the subconscious "pictures" and their mind remembers her word for it. All of this is mostly done without thinking. They just think what info they want and they get it. Of course it is usually basic info because the more complex the information the harder it is for them to understand it. ex: They could "ask" where the bridge was and get a good answer but if they were to "ask" for the tactics of a certain unit they would not get a good/usable answer.

Anyway whats most important is their ability to control minds. Basically any grunt or low ranked man is fair game because they have been taught and trained to be lead and controlled. Officers and civilians are much harder though possible. It takes a few months of close contact before they are under their control. This is a passive ability however. All that's needed is close proximity for a small amount of time for enlisted men.

Ceur'Caelesetos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:01 pm

So people, what does your nation feed their massive hordes? Reconstituted protein wafers? :p

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:07 pm

talking about being random Kronos :P

Anyways, Ceur, it sounds good.

:EDIT:
I'll have my next post up on Friday, as this week is filled with studying hard and meeting tutors.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!