Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Vacation of a Lifetime

Vacation of a Lifetime

a part of “Vacation of a Lifetime”, a fictional universe by Missie.

20 teenagers, 10 boys and 10 girls, from anywhere in the United States are about to go on an adventure they'll never forget. These teens will be traveling around the whole word together. It's going to be the vacation of a lifetime. || RE-VAMP ||

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Vacation of a Lifetime”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Vacation of a Lifetime

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Missie on Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:58 pm

Reserve, chat, general stuff.

When you reserve, please state

• the password
  • character name
  • if possible, faceclaim
  • basic background [sentence or so]

Lets just pretend we have lives...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Missie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Vacation of a Lifetime

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Hiya! I'd love to reserve a female :)
I've been to a few places on the list, but my favourite would probably be the Taj Mahal in India. I visited at Sunrise and it is even more beautiful and impressive than in the pictures. Also I'm from NZ, so yay to seeing it on the list :)
At the moment I'm deciding between the FC Kelsey Chowand Gabriella Wilde. Either way I think she'll be from a middle-class family (or low-middle class) and probably heterosexual. I'm not too sure on her name yet.

Edit: I thought I should also point out that Cambodia is actually in Asia, Mexico is in North America and French Polynesia is technically part of Oceania :)

Edit-edit: So I've decided to go with FC Kelsey Chow. She's from a stable, multiracial family that seems to struggle for money every so often. She's rather bright, works part-time to save for College and has a relatively good relationship with her family. At the moment her name is Hazel Matthews, but that might change as I work on her character a bit :)
Last edited by Cloud on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:38 pm

Hello there <3

For me, I haven't really traveled overseas but I have gone on vacations to Disneyland in Los Angeles, I've also been to San Diego, Orlando; Florida. I used to live in Mexico so I guess that also counts? XD

I was wondering if there was a chance that I could reserve a girl who happens to be a transfer student from South Korea, Seoul. I actually have a character that I made a while back and I never got to use her as much so I was wondering if I could use her on this RP?

If so, the FC of Lee Dasom.

Her family is composed of self made entrepreneurs who are very wealthy, upper-class kind of thing.

I understand if I am asking for a lot so don't be afraid to turn me down right on the spot XD

"Aunque duela, llega el momento donde se debe
dejar que todo siga su camino, donde es mejor
no forzar nada. Donde se tiene que entender que
aunque con tanta fuerza se desee, hay cosas que
sencillamente jamás serán."

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .euphoria. on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:40 pm

Missie is Miss. Worldwide y'all.
Asked for places I have been, I have been to Disney world, Seoul {My home city ^^}, and Los Angeles, California.

May I reserve girl 2 with the face claim Jenna-Louise Coleman. I haven't decided just yet.

I'm think of making her from a rather high class and high pampered family, probably sapiosexual, and I'm not sure about her name.
Last edited by .euphoria. on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

.euphoria.
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:06 pm

• New York City
  • Female 6
  • Evangeline Babineaux
  • Mishael Morgan
  • She is a graduate of San Francisco University and prodigy of Performing and Visual Arts who plans on using this trip to film more documentaries. She's well known throughout YouTube and while she isn't upper-class, she does make enough money to support herself and donate to charity by freelancing and busking.

• Male 2
  • Alejandro Pagliarelli
  • Taylor Lautner
  • A Prelaw student coming from a family of Italian and Mexican gangsters, he accepted the chance to help his family expand their business after a brutal blow dealt by a rival gang. His affiliation with his family is generally unknown to people who don't pay attention to the news.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gentlemiss on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:12 pm

I'm pretty positive I've been to Niagara Falls, maybe, I don't know. I've definitely been to Florida though, we have a house down there. Seventeen year old me was allowed to bring my boyfriend down one year(which was a feat in itself, since my very Italian grandparents hate that I'm gay), with the exception we slept at opposite ends of the house, with me near my grandparents room. Middle of the night I get up to get a snack and my nonno runs out in his tighty whities with a fire poker, thinking it was my boyfriend. I screamed like a little girl. And now I want my brownie points, Missie. :p

So anyways, onto that character. Understand if I can't get a male spot, seeing they're so popular at the moment, ;p.

FC: Alex Watson, name Lykos Morrow, very homosexual.

Comes from a foster family background(not sob story though, mum died in childbirth and dad was already dead, his foster family were incredibly kind and awesome). Middle classish. Hasn't seen much of the world so that's why he wants the trip. I've probably rambled on way too much already so I'll shut up now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Andrew Biersack owns my ❤
But Brendon Urie borrows it sometimes.

Gentlemiss
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentHillAmusements on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:42 pm

Well hey there!

First of all, I've been to quite a few locations on those lists. But I will say Vancouver, since I actually live there, haha.

Now, as for the rest. My planned face claim is Ezra Miller, not so sure about the name though. I always have trouble choosing names, since I usually plan out the personality more in depth, and then go with a name. I've possibly been thinking something like 'Dmitri' though. Anyways, his background would be Armenian, that coming from possibly his father's side. I'd say upper-middle class, fairly regular family, though no siblings. Because there were no others in the family, he's used to having attention and focus on him. However, his parents were extremely strict and protective, and while he did try to abide to rules most of the time, he's finally realized that he needs to do something more. Hence, the reason for this trip.

Ha, I've probably spoken too much already, so I'll just leave it at that.
Beware of he who took them
He goes by many names.
The Bogeyman, the Shadowed one,
but all are he, the same.

And if you take what is not yours
there can be no doubt
He'll stretch your skin until it snaps,
and all the blood drains out.

SilentHillAmusements
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby feral gale on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 pm

May I reserve a male slot? My fc will be Avian Jogia and I have travelled to bangkok, thailand and the great wall of China. It was amazing actually.

Well, my character will be an american vietnamese person and is a buddish. He comes from a high class family and is unclear of his own sexual orientation though he has crushes on males more.

I will write more but it's a bit hard to do so on a phone. I will add more info later.

feral gale
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:50 pm

So, frightfully uninteresting as I am, I've only been to Disney World- because I live in Orlando.

For my character, I'd like to reserve both a male and female.

The male would be of a not yet decided upon face claim, as would the girl. I'd like for them to be siblings, but if not possible I understand, of course. If so, they'd be lower class, and wanting to travel as this would likely be their only chance to do so. The boy would be an academic, hoping to win a scholarship to escape their town, which would probably be tiny and one in which very few really escape. The girl is likewise unhappy, but her way out is through athletics- she's been to several state championships on her team. The siblings would be rather close, but at the same time the boy resents her slightly, because a) his parents are more focused on athletics and b) the typical 'easier to get a sports scholarship than an academic one' plight. Haven't decided on sexualities for them- probably pan or something along those lines, though in a small town there hasn't exactly been an abundance of room for any sort of exploration.

If they can't be siblings, they might have similar hobbies/interests as was previously mentioned, but the girl lower class and the boy middle class, her in the city and he in the suburbs or a small town.

Names sort of depend a bit on whether they are related or not. Perhaps Juliette [Hates her name, goes by Jules] and Tristan.
Hello, Sweetie.

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rivaille on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Hey there,

• Of all the places on the list, Venice would have to be my favorite. Definitely want to go back, considering on my first visit a pal of mine got hit with a pretty mean case of food poisoning and wound up hacking (thirteen times, in case you wanted details) all over St. Mark's Square only to be fireman carried onto a boat in order to get off of the island. (Should I mention that boats are fantastic modes of transportation when someone is violently ill? Wore my favorite sneakers that day. All the regret. )

Anyway.

• Izak Zielinski (Polish as fuck.)

• Currently thinking Andrew Garfield, but that could change.

• Essentially a military brat, originally from Warsaw, but due to his father's job they moved a lot. Mother walked out on them, left after a messy divorce, didn't bother fighting for custody of the two kids (Izak and his younger sister). Father's a bit of a tight ass, by the book, follow the rules, be home by curfew, ect, ect -- but he cares. Just doesn't know how to connect with hormonal teenagers(Though, in his defense - who does?) Izak's naturally one to subtly act out and get into trouble here and there (very sheltered, use to routine and life on base, not much of a social life), but he's got a knack for music (piano and violin especially). This trip's an escape, a ticket to freedom without pops breathing down his neck.

Rivaille
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:25 pm

Hey there everyone! This looks like it'd be quite a bit of fun!

First off, I've actually been quite a few places on the list (my family liked to travel when I was very young). But out of everywhere, I'd have to say either good ol' Waikiki (I grew up near Kalaoa HI... gotta stick to my roots ^-^) or NYC. Funny story (well, maybe funny... I don't really know). When I first came to NYC to go to school (not really my first time in the city, but you get the point), I got off the plane and I went to the baggage claim and I waited nearly an hour for my bag. Obviously, when it didn't come I started freaking out. So, I did a once over of the conveyor belt and found that my bag had inadvertently gotten caught on that big baggage chute and was just dangling right in the middle of the conveyor belt. You have to realize that I was extremely jet lagged and already a bit pissed at the entire ordeal. So, in all my rage and sleepiness I hopped up on the still moving conveyor belt, grabbed a hold of my duffel bag by the handle and yanked at it. I ended up getting the bag down, but also ended up ripping one of the handles off in the process. But the best part of the entire story is that I was so tired and annoyed that I actually just sat on the conveyor belt with my ripped handle and the rest of my duffel bag until one of the workers at the airport told me that I had to get off. Needless to say, it was not a very pleasant experience. XD

ANYWAY, on to something more related. If there are any more female positions left, I'd like to possibly reserve one. I'm thinking the first name Kennley (Kenny for short)... although I always end up changing names at the last second... with the FC Lindsay Hansen.

What I'm thinking for her background is sort of a typical big, and rather poor Irish family with a loving (but annoying and pushy) mother and a drunk father with Kenny being the youngest of seven: four brothers and two sisters. She's extremely close with her siblings (even though her oldest sister is a full fifteen years older than Kenny) and they all harbor a lot of resentment for their father who has straight up disappeared for months at a time. In any case, everyone in the family has to chip in due to their fiscal difficulties, so Kenny along with all six of her other siblings has been working since they could talk. Even as a child, many people around Kenny were quick to recognize her amazing natural intelligence and most have taken pity on her for being so smart with no means to pay for a proper education. She has always hated the fact that people pitied her, but she has learned to use it to her advantage (a.k.a. guilt people into doing her bidding). Right now, Kenny is in something of a rebellious phase of her life. She loves partying and having as much fun as she can and being as destructive as she can without disappointing her siblings. She wants out of her family's crappy little apartment. Kenny wants to see the world and learn to speak new languages and invent new things in new places like she was born to do. This is her chance to get out and live for once.

LostRiver
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~*~ Divergent ~*~ on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:04 am

Hi there! I would like to reserve a female character. I don't care what number and her name is to be determined.

I have been to New York City. I took a bus there and when my family and I were ready to leave, my sister decided that she needed to go to the bathroom. We had to wait while my mom and her left and when they came back, we almost missed the bus. (It sounds like school) :) At least, that's how I remember it. I was about 8 or 9 at the time though, so I'm not exactly sure...

Anyways, so yes, a female character with the face claim Kristen Bell. My character is from Bristol, England. Born and raised there, she is a true native. Her family used to take regular trips to Dublin, Ireland and Paris, France so she has been there as well. She also took a class trip to Portugal Freshmen year. She speaks fluent French because she always went to a school that taught it , and her mom started her off when she was 7. Her family is English (obviously), French, Norwegian, and Irish. She has a baby sister that was just born and an older brother by 3 years. Her sister's name is Harlo and her brother's name is Chris. Her brother is extremely overprotective of her as their dad walked out when he was 10 and she was 7. (Harlo is adopted.) They are middle class-wealthy, but they don't flaunt it! She is so excited to get a chance to be a part of this experience.

One question I have is how literate will this role play be? Thanks!

~*~ Divergent ~*~
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathWithin on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:57 am

Missie is Miss Worldwide y'all

I'd like to make a male character, if that's acceptable. Arvin Thompson will be my characters name. Male of course. Could he be 17? Because, he had just now discovered his sexuality and he really doesn't want to be ignorant about it. I'd like his sexuality to be omnisexual.

The face claim that i'd like to use is - Ulrik Munther

Arvin is an adopted German boy, who has learned to live a whole new life with his new family. But, I'd like him to be only few months into trusting them because, way he was being raised in Germany wasn't going to be good for him if it continues. His personality is somewhat of a mix. Though he looks to be quite the innocent and naive boy, he actually never is afraid to test himself in brand new challenges and opportunities. Arvin also is the type that likes to get under other peoples skin. Well being a delinquent, stealing, and running away, back from living with his biological parents, actually made him a very witty, and strong hearted boy. Though this is, only some of it apart from his childhood, I really like the idea so far.
RENO
Image Image Image
"A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool."

DeathWithin
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Missie on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:22 pm

ImageEveryone is reserved. Please submit your characters within the next couple days. Also- Divergent and Death I will add extra spots for both of your characters.
Last edited by Missie on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Missie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentHillAmusements on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Is....there a reason that I was not included?
Was my reservation flawed and/or my plans for the character?

If for some reason I can't be included, I would at least like to know.

Thanks.

SilentHillAmusements
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Missie on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Greatest apologies, Silent. I must have missed you. You will be included- so Death, I'm sorry but I can't take any more travelers. If you want, could you be the host for the show?

Missie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Sorry to be a bother, but you seemed to have reserved my male character, but not my female one? Or did you accidentally put in LostRiver's name for two, rather than mine for one of them?

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Missie on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Fixed.

Missie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~*~ Divergent ~*~ on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:44 pm

Okay, cool! Thanks!

~*~ Divergent ~*~
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi there! I've finished Hazel Matthews :)

I also wanted to know if there was space for another male character? I had this idea to make someone not quite as excited about the trip as I see that it was compulsory for teenagers to sign up so he would have had to.

The FC would be Evan Peters (I'm almost 95% sure I'd use him), and he'd be quite an odd boy, probably raised by a single parent. I imagine him having multitudes of fears, including a fear of flying, and having no real inclination to travel. Rather, he'd prefer to be safe and sound in his room. He might be rather shy etc too. Not sure about his name yet though.

Anyway, if there is a space still open I would love to reserve the spot, if not that's fine!
:)

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!