Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Grisha Chronicles

The Grisha Chronicles

a part of “The Grisha Chronicles”, a fictional universe by Layla.

Years after the shadows of the Unsea are extinguished, new enemies dawn. The fate of the kingdoms depend on the unlikely alliance of outcasts and criminals. They will uncover the web of deceit and discover the truth is much greater than they'd imagined.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Grisha Chronicles”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Grisha Chronicles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:57 pm

Hello! I am the resident creator of this roleplay and your GM alongside the most wonderful, talented and visually stunning cloud (nobody made me write this, it is only the categorical truth).

This thread is where we'll be chatting, reserving characters, posting announcements and so on and so forth, excluding your private message box where I will come to haunt you eternally. I have a great affection for making pretty aesthetics and funny GIFs so expect dozens you never asked for.

Please feel free to contact either of the co-GM's with questions.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: The Grisha Chronicles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lightningpoint on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:01 pm

XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
Holy shit, I'm so impressed by the development and the thought that was put into making this roleplay. I mean look at the aesthetic. I know about The Grisha trilogy but never got around to reading them (my sister's obsessed with Six of Crows though), and this makes me wanna grab my car keys and drive to the nearest book store to purchase them as fast as I can. Honestly, congratulations! I don't have time to be joining such an intricate roleplay right now, god I wish I could, but I just wanted to express my love for how well put together this is! Happy roleplaying, and again, congratulations!
( she / they )
-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lightningpoint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:44 am

@ Lightningpoint, Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm sorry you can't join but I am touched by your comment :) Hopefully we'll see eachother around!

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:32 am

Hate to be the second one to say this, but despite wanting to join, I simply could not keep up with a roleplay like this at the moment. It certainly looks gorgeous and intriguing, so I wish you luck with it. It is also good to see an old face still on this website. I hope you have been well, Layla. C:

Have fun!

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:40 am

Ahhh, so pretty~
I would like to reserve a durast with the face claim of Kwak Ji Young, and a tailor with the face claim of Tyrone Smithers, please. I might reserve another character later, but I'll see how I go. :)

As for book recommendations... Well, if you haven't read any of George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones books, you should get on that. Stat. They're amazing. Because I cannot stick to just one rec though, I'll also suggest Phillip Pullman's Northern Lights series, and Neil Gaiman's American Gods. ;)

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:53 am

@FamishedPants, hello! It's nice to see you're still around. I'm sorry you can't join but thanks for looking!

@Ruby, ahhh I wanted someone to take on a durast and tailor. Your faceclaims are as stunning as always. I'll put them up on the intro once I have their names from you! I have no doubt you'll make something great. Those book recommendations are also superb. I've been meaning to read them.

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyren.Laili on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:23 am

Oh my oh my... This looks beautiful. I'm interested, for sure. I have a friend as well who absolutely loved the series itself and might want to join. Regarding a book series you might add to your collection, I've always liked the series following the book "Shatter Me" by Tahereh Mafi. Its definitely worth it to read them all.

Kyren.Laili
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Hey Layla, nice to see you alive my dude. This roleplay looks so interesting and jack persuaded me to read excerpts of six of crows. As well if I could reserve a female Druskelle with the FC Carlson Young that would be what the kids call, "swag." I still am a kid/. I cannot believe I have forgotten to specify what it was, smh.

As for book recommendations . . . how about A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab. Another book brought to my attention by Jack.
Last edited by Verix on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Perhaps

Verix
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Ollo

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Kyren.Laili, great! If you give Layla and I a face claim and role we'll be able to put down a reservation for you. :)

Verix, Oh I love Carlson Young. She's in Scream, right? While Layla is asleep I'll happily accept your reservation. As Layla said to ruby, she'll put your character up in the intro when she has her name from you!

Rubytuesday, I second all your book recommendations! Are you excited for the tv series of American Gods to come out?!

Also, hi everyone! I am Cloud, your friendly co-GM. I'll be playing three characters, healer Taras; and then my darling smuggling siblings, Dmitri and Vida. For book recommendations, I can not more highly recommend 'The Kingkiller Chronicle' by Patrick Rothfuss. It's a series of three and holy heck I'm dying with impatience for the last one to come out.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby la.lune on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:20 pm

Hello there! This looks too amazing not to join.
I'd love to reserve a Tailor please, with Emily Bador as their face claim.

Also, if you haven't read The Bone Season I cannot recommend it enough. There's another book in the series called The Mime Order, and a prequel is coming out this month! I'm so excited.

la.lune
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:38 pm

@Kyren, thank you for showing interest in our roleplay. That's actually one of my favourite books despite some people not liking her writing style.

@Verix, my dude. Glad to see you're still kicking. I am very happy you're making a druskelle and the faceclaim is beautiful. I'll reserve that for you right away.

@la.lune, welcome. I'll reserve that for you! Just to let you know though, Emily Bador's pictures look quite modern so you might want to be careful when making her profile. We're not expecting tunics and robes, of course, but you'll want to avoid images like these. These are okay.

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Hey again! I'm here to reserve for my friend Εpιmetheus since she's at an event right now and can't reserve at the moment. She'd like two males one as a Tidemaker with the FC Neils Horvath and the other a Druskelle with Dan Zsolt.

And she'll tell you her book rec in another post because she, and I quote, "wants to b #trustworthy."

Edit: Oh and Cloud yup she's been in Scream but I didn't watch far enough to see her in it. QQ.
Layla thank you mon ami I may still be kicking but I'm sobbing while doing so. RIP.
Last edited by Verix on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verix
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:23 pm

@Verix slash Εpιmetheus, my ovaries. Stop. I cannot. They have been reserved.

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Εpιmetheus on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Hello, I'm here and #trustworthy !! (The traffic slowed down so I took a moment to write here :') )
Gosh, omg, it's been so long ?? It's Jack btw I haven't rped with you guys in so long, haha, but Layla, ur aesthetics are legit on POINT as always, slay me.
ANYWAY, omg, i've been on a long break (mostly because my computer was broken and my new laptop just came in TODAY I'm so excited), but a grisha rp is so good to come back to ??? I'm actually screaming don't mind me SoC is my entire life. (I bought Crooked Kingdom like the day it came out but I haven't read it yet I'm crying @school, why)
Okay, but books bc I have SO MANY, but if I had to pick, I absolutely second A Darker Shade of Magic, which was such a good book that I'm actually scared to read A Gathering of Shadows lol. But right now, I'm actually reading Uprooted by Naomi Novik. I'm not done yet, but it's fantastic so far lol so I definitely recommend it.
So wow what a rant, sorry bout that. :'')))

Εpιmetheus
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:18 pm

@Cloud; ohmygoodnessohmygoodnessohmygoodness- I AM SO PUMPED. It better be good. I don't think I'll be able to handle it not being good...

On a side note, everyone's face claims be slayin'. So much pretty... *.*

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Farm life ain't for me

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:27 pm

RubyTuesday, So. fucking. pumped. 2017 is a good year for tv series, I swear. Bring them all to me. Now!

I'm just over here chasing chickens (omg kill me, herding chickens is hard), and fanning myself at all these gorgeous face claims. I think we should rename the roleplay 'The Good-looking Chronicles'. lol jk soz.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:57 pm

@Jack, I know! It's you! So glad to have you back. I have missed your ramblings. Omg I still remember that graphic you made with Kristen and Aidan that was like "Knight to 4D" "That's not a move" or something. I cri.

We almost have the whole Orion crew together again! And yes, the beauty of our characters is incomparable. I die.

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Εpιmetheus on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:07 am

Ok, but I just wanna chip in real quick because I too am actually hyperventilating over the upcoming release of American Gods.
I'm so excited because the casting is so so good and from the trailer the cinematography looks so good and I'm actually crying.

@ Layla, Awwhhh, omg I'm crying I can't believe you remember me :'')) I missed you both too!! You guys were both always writing and aesthetic goals lmao.
OK BUT
SOMETIMES I still THINK ABOUT THAT edit and I laugh they were SO GOOD what a high quality friendship.

Eyyy!!! Everyone from that rp was so stellar it's so great to have everyone together again ??? good shit.
Ok but no offense, but I actually legit sweated when I saw Dmitri's FC on the front page goodb ye.

Εpιmetheus
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:14 am

@Jack, Yo don't even worry, Dima makes everyone sweat profusely. I actually nicknamed him Mr McMoist, curing dehydration since puberty. Legit cannot even. But I am also pulling the creator card to call dibs on all your characters. Will 10/10 fight to the death for some boob or peen or peen and boob, don't even care who it's on or if it's on the same person I am just so alone I will do anything.

Also their friendship was amazing and that was one of my favourite graphics. We are definitely making a Shipping Wars thread where I can make a million gifs you never asked for. And thank you for your kind words but wtf?? You guys are graphics and writing goals mkay

Layla
Member for 12 years

The Good-looking Chronicles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:17 am

Orion 2.0 but with less modern magic, more suave pirates, and hotter people. Is that possible? Orion had pretty hot people, but like... all these FCs here. They're hitting me hard. I mean, just look at my darling Dima. He's sweating from his own beauty, just sayin' (jk it's from everyone else's beauty). I should have made him a mermaid. Don't think Grisha verse has mermaids, but he should have been one anyway.

I swear, I'm so excited for American Gods. Just went and rewatched the trailer and it made me want to reread the book and look up every cast member and relevant interview. I need this show asap.

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!