Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Space Odessey

Space Odessey

a part of “Space Odessey”, a fictional universe by gaiadarkstar.

A thrilling adventure with new planets, people, aliens, robots, and much more in the depths of space.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Space Odessey”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Space Odessey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:35 am

I have been going back and forth as to whether I should run this rp, especially while I am running another at the same time but I think now, I can handle it. There are a lot of options for characters with this but I will help with ideas if you are uncertain.

Kolob- If you choose to be from here you can either be someone in charge, one of the original colonists and help run things or you can have been born there and if so you will have a companion. The companions are modeled after Anime cute and fuzzy creatures like mokona, or the rabbit creature from Tenchi. If you are not familiar with these they are like cute little rabbit, cat, dog, or bear or any other blend you like just imagine a small cute furry creature that can communicate telepathically with you and has other psychic powers. They are highly intelligent and are always by your side.

An Alien planet- There is the possibility of coming in contact with many different alien species that could join either side of this rp. you can join with the AI, or just be your own group with your own goals evil or good, or you could choose to work with Kolob and end up creating a galactic force.
Some ideas for Aliens- can be any alien type from any anime if you like for example a Cat like humanoid with great reflexes and can see in the dark.
A big headed little green guy with psychic powers. Anything is possible.

From a colony- these are Human, android, or cyborg and can be from any planetoids around Earth. There could also be colonies on Mars or the other planets.

The “Wizards and Artificers guild” is mainly on one of the asteroid colonies and has people with magic and alchemy.
Another colony has mainly psi users. So whichever you like it is up to you.

Earth's situation is a mystery except to those on it but if you are from there you could be an AI, machine (think Terminator here), cyborg, android
If you are confused a cyborg is part machine part human. An android is like Data from Star Treck, a complete machine in human form that doesn't have feelings and is often androgynous.

If you have any other ideas for characters I am open to them just toss out ideas here. Also any story ideas or concerns can be aired here.

Here is the link to the main rp- roleplay/space-odessey/
Worlds without end visualised, sketched, and written. From my mind and imagination to yours.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] Space Odessey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Right so if i want to join i can make my own spaceship thing and race aboard it and what they have and goals etc?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OIL
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Well that depends. I don't want everyone to have their own space ship and mech( I forgot to mention these earlier but these are sooo in the rp) A lot of this rp is based on Outlaw star, Escaflowne, Gundum Wing, Robotech so mechs are a must. Just run an idea past me and if it is well done enough I might let you be a caption of a ship or what not. I just don't want everyone to be one but most of the main characters should be mech pilots with companions from Kolob.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:24 pm

I submitted a character. I can try to add more detail to her if I need to, but i seem to have a hard time at that. I made her a alien who crashed unto Kolob, if that is all right.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:23 pm

I might join this later. Having to finish some other school work so I can only focus On one at a time but I might join in when I get a chance.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:29 pm

sounds good.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Is it possible to play someone from Earth? If so, could you PM me with a bit of what's going on planet-side so I can plan my character accordingly? In the meantime, I'll see if I can develop an alien character to play as in addition to/in place of an Earth character.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:54 pm

I already pmed demented with this but the stars of this rp will be the Galactic space force made up mainly of those born on Kolob that have companions and can pilot mechs and navigate trans-space. So I really need more people to go for this type of character.
possible abilities- Must have telepathy with companion but may also be telepathic with others like sending and receiving thoughts or even influencing weak minds.
Telekinetic- move things with your mind
Teleportation (this would mainly be an ability of the animals and not the humans)
Camouflage/illusion- Change your appearance or the appearance around you
Martial arts, sword play
Keep in mind most of these people would all be teens and all near the same rank. Only Tasha and a couple older kids would be higher rank and the adults would be the ones really giving orders but they wouldn't see much actual action since only someone with a creature can leave Kolob.(please remember this only a creature can navigate out of Kolob's system!!!)

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:28 am

I could always make a second character, or change it so that Katt wasn't a cat

AshFisher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:37 am

I actually would love you to have more than one character. This is a large scale rp so the more characters the better, though you do not need to fill out multiple character sheets. If you are just playing two then a character sheet would be fine but any more than that just put the character sheet here so we don't have a whole bunch of characters listed but only one player. If that makes any sense.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:59 am

So your saying put my new character on the same sheet as Katt?

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:29 pm

I suppose you could do that. But like I said if you only are doing two than it is ok to fill out a second character sheet. I just don't want five different characters played by the same person and have five slots taken up. I don't know, maybe it is silly. Just do whatever makes you comfortable and works for you.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:21 am

Ah I see what you are saying now. I'll make one tomorrow, getting ready for bed at the moment.

EDIT: Submitted another character, and posted. Didn't post as the new one, since i don't know if she will be approved or not.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:43 am

Eek! We gained an Alien commander. This should put an interesting wrinkle in the plans but could also be the beginning of the Galactic Alliance lol. Look forward to seeing what you post Demented Tiger. When you do post make sure your ship enters the system and Kolob is advanced enough to spot it so give time for them to contact you before you send a landing party. Your ship is obviously too large to land so you would have to send smaller ships that you have on board. It should be interesting when Marielle meets Tasha since they are both gifted commanders.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baphomael on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Think I'll submiy a character for this. Have an alien character in mind... quite a sinister individual to creep you're guys out a touch :p

Baphomael
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:01 pm

I encourage you to also make a character based out of Kolob cause those are the only ones who can leave Kolob cause of the loop. They are also the main characters. I only have three of these so far and really need a whole group of them. This is a large scale rp so play as many characters as you can handle.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Aren't you ever going to finish your profile for Alexis and/or make one for Tasha? I am curious to know what they look like, and it would probably help people create more colonists if we knew what you had in mind for them based on how you did Tasha and Alexis' profiles.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:52 pm

OOOpse I actually just forgot to get back to that. I will work on that right away.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:15 am

Ok I added to Alexis' sheet and will post Tasha's here

Name- Tasha Reynolds
age- 25
sex- female
appearance- She is six foot two with a lean athletic build. She has shoulder length dark brown hair which she usually keeps up in a tight bun with her bangs off to the side under her beret. Her face is angular and she has dark green eyes. She almost always wears her defense form uniform. It is Dark blue in color with semi- tight trousers and a simple gray undershirt and a smart form fitting Jacket. Each Uniform has the name on the right breast above the pocket and on the collar and left sleeve is the rank, hers is commander. On the right sleeve is the defense force insignia. ( haven't come up with this yet, if anyone has an idea I would love to see sketches)

Equipment and abilities- Tasha is a gifted telepath and like many with companions she can heal herself with extraordinary speed, though unlike Alexis and a few others she does not have the ability to heal others. She has the ability to sense danger and sometimes even events yet to come depending on their "resonance"- meaning the bigger and more impact it has on her and the world the more she can sense it. Her insanely fast reflexes are also linked to her psi abilities. Each defense force soldier is equipped with a MEMS-CV or Multi Environment Multi Stage combat vehicle (essentially a mech and transformer) It has three stages. Tasha's is a Black model with red trim. In ship form it roughly looks like a stealth bomber. She calls hers the Nightshade. It also becomes an armored vehicle but for land combat the robot form is more efficient for offense and defense. The mech comes with a headset interface that up links the pilot to the ship and links them to their companion who is in an alcove. There are gloves and boots to control movement. It comes with a laser cannon, missiles. Many of them also have a rail gun, mines, and other weapons.
On Tasha and the other soldiers they are equipped with a laser rifle and a long dagger and a com(looks similar to the ones on star treck).

Personality- Tasha is practical, responsible, a no nonsense woman. She doesn't have much of a sense of humor and can be cold but she is a brilliant tactician and a great leader. She has a strong sense of duty and honor and would never leave a soldier behind. She is a great athlete, almost a gymnast and uses it to her advantage. She is patient, hardworking, and will take the time to think something through carefully before moving forward. Very analytical and rational. Yet she has this air about her that draws people to her, many of the children native to Kolob gained this strange aura. LIke charisma that draws people to them and makes them natural leaders.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:22 pm

All right. I had a idea, we don't have to go with it of course. What if we said that Katt is on a fugitive list, or something like it? I mean, since she was sent off her planet, her people may have sent a warning out about her or something of the sort. Again this is just a idea.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!