Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

From Dust to Dust

From Dust to Dust

a part of “From Dust to Dust”, a fictional universe by WingedOctopus.

Magic is a chemical, a chemical that needs to be harvested. Unfortunately, this is quite dangerous. That's where you come in... [UNLIMITED POSITIONS]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “From Dust to Dust”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

From Dust to Dust

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Thu May 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Hiya, everyone, I'm WingedOctopus. Call me Winged, Octo, 8 Wing, Tilly, or anything else that come to mind.
Hopefully we'll all enjoy this role-play about... magic... miners. QuQ I imagine that these characters, if eclectic and well done enough, will be really fun and dysfunctional. It'll be a fast paced action-packed role-play, but most of the fun will come from our interactions, I believe. Odd as it may be, I imagine the team to be like the one that was in that old Disney kids movie Atlantis. Yep, I'm an odd one.

Anyway, uh, enjoy! /shoos you away
CHECK OOC OFTEN. I'll put important things here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: From Dust to Dust

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Thu May 09, 2013 9:56 pm

**Edited**

Wow, this.. looks incredible. I love the vibe of the setting and everything - and as a side note, I also really liked Atlantis when I was younger.. still kind of do, in a nostalgic sort of way. Anyway, I was wondering what your policy on taking a role is? Do you allow reservations, or not? Because I think I'd like to go for the Weapons Expert, if possible.

Imperial Waltz made me do it.

"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us.. for science.. you monster." ~ GLaDOS, Portal 2

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Thu May 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Submitted a character for you to check over. Feel free to send me any criticism about him.
"There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign." Sovereign, Mass Effect

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Thu May 09, 2013 10:18 pm

I just watched Atlantis a couple weeks ago. Love it!!! Yes, I am one of those weird adults still obsessed with Disney movies. I blame it on the little ones in my life.

Anyway, I was wondering the same thing as The Adversary. Should we reserve a character?

kokiri_kat
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mathew Littlepaw on Thu May 09, 2013 11:11 pm

Just sent in my character! Just so you know: Its still a work in progress. I just sent it in so I don't lose all of the work I have done by closing the tab.... Which I have done before ._.

Atlantis? I LOVE THAT MOVIE! :DDDDD And the show that was on 200 years ago! But, this REALLY reminds me of Lost Planet, because they -too- don't have electricity. Everything runs on Thermal Energy, and a funny thing about Thermal Energy is... If you get in contact with a lot of it, it gives you all sorts of cool things! Like superpowers! Or cancer!

Mathew Littlepaw
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slcam on Thu May 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Haha I was thinking of Atlantis when I saw this! Then you said it, and I thought, Yes! Perfect! So, I am curious, what were you thinking as far as how this will go? Just see where looking for Dust takes us? Or do you have some things planned?
How I feel when writing a post...

slcam
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SirLancelot on Fri May 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Magic Miners? What part of that doesn't scream awesome? And the team dynamic you intend sounds like an amazing idea, I might end up sending in a character soon.

I play very...specialized characters usually so don't expect him to be all that serious.

SirLancelot
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Fri May 10, 2013 6:26 pm

I too am quite interested and I too love Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

Question though, is the leader role available?

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Fri May 10, 2013 8:16 pm

I've gone ahead and submitted a character for evaluation. Let me know what you think whenever you've got the time. :3

The Adversary
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Fri May 10, 2013 9:01 pm

OH MY GOSH. I post the thread, leave for like five or six hours, and I have all kinds of posts! Wow, this is unexpectedly popular. Wonderful!

Leader and second-in-command are now reserved.

@Adversary: I think I put my reservations policy on the rules; pretty much, it doesn't guarantee a spot but it guarantees I'll hold it until I see your charrie and decide then.
@unseenshadow: Yay, thanks! Sorry I haven't looked yet but as soon as I post this I'll scurry off.
@Freckled: Reserve if there's a spot you really have your heart set on and you won't be done with your sheet for awhile. (YesDisneymoviearebetterthanadultjustsaying.)
@Matthew: I have a weird affection for the movie; although I was not really basing this role-play off of it, it just stuck in my mind when I was trying to describe the character slots, and apparently everyone else has hidden love for it too! quq I'm sort of shocked, I expected to be mocked for this
@slcam: You were thinking of it?! Wow! Apparently I made a great analogy whoa ;u; Plot-wise, (guys if you're interested read this it's semi-important I dunno) I haven't had a thorough idea yet but I'm not really a fan of go-with-the-flow. I was planning on, after we had slots filled, posting more description of our team's immediate goal, some conflicts, obstacles, et cetera, and then maybe instating an enemy team who are trying to get to the same material we are. Dust collecting is a bloody, dirty job, sadly. Any comments are welcome and after more sheets are in I/we can personalize it even more. Just like I enjoy having characters with history with each other, I like a plot more catered to the character rather than character catered to the plot.
@Waltz: I'll reserve it for you if you'd like. Tell me if you want to remove the reservation; I've gone ahead and done it for you.
@Lancelot: Holy crap thanks. Don't worry, we need some weirdos. Cough, no, we're UNIQUE, not weirdos. Sorry.

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Fri May 10, 2013 9:15 pm

Second in command and weapons expert are taken.

Edit: Btw if anyone's wondering who the mechanic spot belongs to, that's me, I took it /raises guilty hand/
Last edited by WingedOctopus on Fri May 10, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Fri May 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Leaders taken? What? I thought she was second in command?

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Fri May 10, 2013 9:49 pm

*slaps forehead* My bad, my bad. Just a brain fart. I meant to say second in command.

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Fri May 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Alright.

This also kinda reminds me of Dishonored. But instead of whale-punk we got Magicflowersandrocks...errr...Dust-punk.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 pm

May I reserve the explosives expert? I'll send in an application ASAP. Thanks!
This is a story about two boys
The taller one has a gun tucked into his waistband
He thinks the bullets are meant for him.
The older one has a record player in his head
He sings along to the same five songs.
They know each other
Down to the colour of blood
And the sound of bones breaking.
But they are strangers.
The one with the gun keeps forgetting the words
And the boy with the music won't let him shoot.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Fri May 10, 2013 10:51 pm

GM, where are the rules you keep mentioning? Might want to edit them into the rule section.
The rule section often deletes when you first make RP so you have to repost them.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Fri May 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Okay cool, Octo. I was hoping to reserve the Medic. I should have the character ready sometime tomorrow.

kokiri_kat
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Sat May 11, 2013 2:18 am

Btw depending on the size of the group there should be more then one scout. Assuming a good portion of the the group is NPCs and the group size is at minimum 20 to 25 I'd say we need AT LEAST three scouts.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Sat May 11, 2013 7:04 am

You're right. The rules got rid of themselves. >.> It's done that to me before, yet I never expect it. Sigh. Alright, they're there now. (It was nothing too different than normal rules anyway.)

Explosives and medic are reserved, and that's a good idea for the scout. I'll up it to only two, but if we get many more than ten or twelve spots I'll adjust the scout-to-player ratio.

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Sat May 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Imperial's informed me he won't be on for at least two days, as apparently he's got things to do.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!