Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Voyages of the U.S.S. Warhammer

a part of “The Voyages of the U.S.S. Warhammer”, a fictional universe by TheShadow.

FINAL EDIT: Full to the brim

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Voyages of the U.S.S. Warhammer”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheShadow on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:23 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Voyages of the U.S.S. Warhammer"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheShadow
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: The Voyages of the U.S.S. Warhammer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Booker_Dewit47 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Hello, I would like to reserve a spot as a seasoned ground soldier who is transferred to the Warhammer to act as a security. I will be sending in a character sheet vary soon.
Life is but a sea of evil hell fire and brimstone, and it is only up to you weather you fight it and stay true, or accept it and let it control you...But it either the beginning of an golden era, or the beginning of the end for us all...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Booker_Dewit47
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Hey! I was wondering if I could have a human cyborg commander?

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legate on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Oh man put me down for this so hard. Hahaha the only thing was I wanted to play a combat medic style character but if we already have a soldier type for security I feel like I should diversify, unless we're having a Security contingent as well as a detachement of Marines.

Legate
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Durandal on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:50 pm

Hello there! I was wondering if I could reserve a Karak'an (an insectoid species larger than humans, but physically weaker, although they are more intellectually developed) commander? Also, what kind of length would you want for the back-story? Thanks

-Durandal
"It is not the substance of our thoughts nor the merit of our actions that shape our legacy but the paths of others that have touched our life."

Durandal
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:01 am

Yeah, I'm about done with mine, but I just need to get his background. So yeah how long is it to be acceptable for a commander?

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duct Tape on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:22 am

Seems interesting I'll probably make a Lieutenant Commander, may make a second character but I haven't decided.

Duct Tape
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:43 pm

I finished my character! I hope he's alright, let me know if I need to change something.

CutUp
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheShadow on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:36 pm

So far, everyone's characters look really amazing, but allow me to say that we can't have all soldiers. 3 out of the 4 characters I've gotten so far are ground soldiers in some way, don't get me wrong, they are pretty amazing characters, but we won't always be fighting, nor will we always be on the ground. If you want to adapt your character in some way and then reapply, let me know, but otherwise some people may have to settle or not make it at all.

TheShadow
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Durandal on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:12 pm

I'd be fine with changing my commander to a naval or support strategist rather than a ground strategist so that it's more balanced.

Durandal
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:24 pm

I submitted an engineer.
"There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign." Sovereign, Mass Effect

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Booker_Dewit47 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:04 pm

So, does me calling ground soldier first solidify my position as the ships security officer?

Booker_Dewit47
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duct Tape on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Okay, instead of him being just a sniper I made him recon/scouting. So, less of a heat of the moment sniper, more of a let's make a map of the area.

It's a small tweak.

I have also decided to make another character, a cargo officer or an unconventional doctor or something.

Duct Tape
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheShadow on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:33 pm

Durandal: It may also help if he was a medical officer, but another strategist would be welcome.

Unseenshadow: Yes, I thank you for that.

Booker: Currently, nothing is solid until I have all of the characters and come to a solid decision. I'm accepting the ones that I really like right now (or that don't seem to need any immediate tweaking), but they may still be tweaked a little afterwards. I'll have to see what all shows up before I come to a final decision on anything.

Duct Tape: Nice, and if you want to make another character, I would personally advise a doctor, or if you're up for it, you could try going from sniper to A.I.. Just a thought

TheShadow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Durandal on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:08 pm

In that case, meet your new medical/logistical officer.

Durandal
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:21 pm

I'd like to take on the role of the A.I., I've not played one in a while now. My posting may not be all that often, due to my lack of a computer, but I promise to post at least once a week (my patience guarantees I'll be posting more often than that) and with good quality.

So, about the A.I. What kind of intelligence are you looking for? Is it a very simple yet helpful computer? Or maybe it's a more emotional one with a mind of its own. I'm sure I could come up with something even more interesting though. What kind of wiring does this thing have? Is it electronic, quantum, positronic, perhaps biological or even some other form of computer altogether? Is the A.I. of human invention or alien? Any sort of special programming or hardware to it? Also, should it have a gender-based programming to it? I'm sure I'll come up with more questions soon, but I'm developing ideas.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legate on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:11 pm

I guess I'm going to make myself a Pilot character then to fill that particular void. Was thinking of Lieutenant or Ensign level character as there appear to be a dearth of those. Not sure what kind of fighter force you're looking for but I can tweak my character however you like.

Legate
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheShadow on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:02 pm

Lloyd: I have heard interest in the AI from another person, but competition always makes things interesting. And you had best be able to post most likely twice a week, considering the AI will be one of the driving forces (literally) of the Warhammer. And to kinda sum up your ideas, think of Cortana from Halo. Mildly emotional, very human in nature, but still a computer. The AI will be able to produce holograms onboard the ship, so it could prefer to be a male or female, but that'll ultimately be up to whoever plays it. And as for hardware it's basically a chip, but it will control most of the software of the Warhammer.

Legate: Excellent, and you could be anything from a scout pilot to a fighter pilot to a shuttle pilot, there's a good bit of everything. The Warhammer is a military vessel, but it's made to be self-sustaining, provided there are enough resources.

TheShadow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheShadow on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:06 pm

One more thing, before it slips my mind. I will be accepting the AI and possibly one more (Legate I'm talking to you) player. Once I get more than nine people I find it becomes more of a chore than it already is to keep track of everything. Translation: If you want to play, write up a character soon.

TheShadow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby creedhunter on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:35 am

Hi, I would like to know can I make a Ensign that developes into a weapon system researcher to improve the ships weapon systems?

creedhunter
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!