Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Concerning one LeeHitsugaya

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum β€” the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Concerning one LeeHitsugaya

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freddie-Ammerson on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Alright, time to post the news, though I just barely found out not a few hours ago.

For those of you who know LeeHitsugaya, most know that he's stuck in a wheelchair and his immune system isn't so great. (He gets sick often.) Well, recently, he was diagnosed with cancer (again) and sadly, he got sucked back into the hospital because he wasn't doing so well.

That was on Friday (at the most). As his girlfriend, I usually talk to him, and am kept updated. Apparently, thanks to pneumonia, we almost lost him over the weekend. He's recovering right now, but as of right now, we don't know when he's going to be out of the hospital. I'll make sure to keep everyone updated who wants to be updated, so just message me if you have a question.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Freddie-Ammerson
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Concerning one LeeHitsugaya

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Angie,

I shall pray that everything will be alright with Lee and you have the best wishes of RPG as Lee is a part of our family as well.

Skallagrim
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marcus on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:45 pm

I agree with Skall and shall do the same. I hope that Lee will be alright.

Marcus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:17 am

I know someone's already said it, but I'll say it again. Our thought and prayers are with you and Lee, Angie.

I may have just started talking to Lee in the last couple months or so, but he's a great young man and I wish I had the honor of knowing him in real life like you do.

All the best.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Image_Writer on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:26 am

Hmm, I am truly sorry to hear this. I have only been a member for a few days and I do not know Lee but I will as much of my positive energy as I can spare to him. You are a good girl, too for sticking by him. Sometimes an ill person can affect the people around them as much as it does themselves so just remember to stay strong.

Just like a yawn, strength is contagious as well as inspirational. If life did not end then it would be meaningless and that would be a greater tragedy than even death. The Earth and Her children live not just through themselves but through others as well.

Good Will & Love
"Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?" -Joker

Image_Writer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 pm

My prayers are with you.

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
β€‹β€œAnother world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

β€œThe only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

β€œevery day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Symphony on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:36 am

I know its cheesy, and many others have already said it, but my thoughts and prayers are with the both of you. Kudos for sticking with your man through these hard times, I know some girls who wouldn't do the same. I wish I knew the two of you better, but sadly I don't. I'll make sure to include you both in my prayers until he gets better.

Relic

Symphony
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeeHitsugaya on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:55 am

Thank you everyone for your warm wishes. I want to give an update on my condition, explain the illness, and give some details on my treatment plans as of now.

First off, my pneumonia has been cured but I now have a staph infection in my blood. I'm taking Vancomycin to treat it but it's at least another 2 weeks. My tumors are called Angio-Sarcomas, they are a very VERY rare cancer, which in the United States affects only .14% of all cancer patients, and since the US is where it is most common it also makes it the most rare cancer on the planet. Because of this not many medical companies are actively looking for a cure. This also means that there are very few studies (in fact my doctor only knows of one). Unfortunately the study puts the survival rate at 40%. However the study was on 60-70 year old patients and up. Because of this they're immune systems are much more far gone then mine. In this case, my youth is my advantage.

My treatment has multiple stages.

Stage 1: Chemo Embolisation

After my infection is gone, a catheter will be inserted into my liver's veins and then fished up into my biggest tumor. At the entrance to the tumor, a balloon will be inflated and cut off the blood flow, starving the tumor of nutrients while small beads are injected through the catheter. The beads are filled with chemotherapy drugs which are dispersed over time as the beads melt away. These chemo drugs are placed directly into the tumor to kill the cancer at the source, making this stage the most specifically targeted fix.

Stage 2: Full Chemotherapy

1 month after the end of Stage 1, I'll be subjected to full power, body-wide, chemotherapy. This will suppress my immune system and other parts of my defenses, making me open to infection and anything at all could become deadly. That's why I'll make myself pretty well scarce from the outside world until my cell counts come back up around the 3rd week.

I am no where near out of the woods, in fact my fight is just beginning. However, as I sit here in my hospital bed, reading your warm wishes, it definately makes me feel better to know I have lots of people rooting for me.

Thanks to you all for your continued support. Soon I will start a blog about all this. I'll include a link once I start it up.

LeeHitsugaya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeeHitsugaya on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:26 am

UPDATE:

Unfortunately, due to the toxicity of phase 2, it's been said that doing full blown chemo could kill me in itself, so we are going to repeat phase 1 as many times as it takes to shrink the live tumor down to 3 mm. At that point it will be hit with RF rays and burned away, the same technique applies to the smaller tumors, also in my liver.

The cancer has NOT spread to other parts of my body that we can detect but I feel this fear of my next embolization treatment. It's probably just the nerves.

Anyways, I just wanted to update you all and show ya I'm not dead yet. ;D

LeeHitsugaya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Keep us posted. My thoughts and prayers are with you, but I think you knew that from the start. (:

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saviarre on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:59 pm

I've been thinking of you a lot recently, Lee, wondering how things have been going for you. I'm glad to see an update!

While the chemo emobilisation sounds utterly dreadful, it also amazes me what science is able to do. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, as you always have been. Can't wait to see you back here!
(thanks for the picture, Mid! I love it!)

Saviarre
Fundraising Hero
Fundraising Hero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!