Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

When the Lion Wakes

When the Lion Wakes (limited openings)

a part of “When the Lion Wakes”, a fictional universe by Ylanne.

A notorious terrorist defects from a group threatening to murder millions. A character-driven roleplay in a modern/realistic setting, where you are encouraged to create subplots/plot-twists and explore dynamic interaction.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “When the Lion Wakes”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: When the Lion Wakes (closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:46 pm

Note regarding my post: I’ll be posting the article itself up, summarised, at a later date, probably either this week or next. But I know Ylanne has been hankering for a post, so I thought I’d get Dawn’s post up already :P
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:21 pm

I will have my post of Mario landing in the States up soon and then work on making contact and getting more involved. Well I have posted and I am still trying to figure a way to get more involved with the plot, but for now I am having fun setting up Mario and the shadowy world of the operators.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Hello everyone! If you didn't receive my individually-sent mass PMs, this is your reminder to post. Please do so! The vast majority of folks have not posted in the last two months.

Also, for those of you who did read the Day Three introductory post, I recorded this yesterday for your listening pleasure. I recorded myself reading (only) Rabiya's speech from the first segment of the introductory post. There is one major mistake (I completely stumbled over one phrase) but it should otherwise be accurate and can be listened while keeping the post itself open in another tab or window. Any thoughts on the reading are appreciated, of course.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Here's Mamatov, posting as directed. Hope he's up to par!

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Approved. I'll update the character roster.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: When the Lion Wakes (limited openings)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TFairy on Sun May 08, 2011 7:01 am

I'm sorry I've left posting for so long. My medical problems have worsened and I've been having family issues on top of everything. I'm getting better, and I'd love to join back in, if you'll have me back.
[I had a post ready, but my little sister deleted it by accident...]

I'm screaming I love you so

But my thoughts you can't decode.

TFairy
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun May 08, 2011 8:30 am

I would definitely have you back. If I removed you from the character roster, let me know and I'll fix it. Please post whenever. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better too. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Baby
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:15 am

Hello all!

Amelia has finally arrived!

Hopefully I'll have the time to work her in soon enough. ^_^
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:18 am

Sounds good, Alasund. Write your post when you can.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:32 am

Nothing to see here

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Thanks, Tempest. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your most recent post, and will try to put up a post for Natalie and Tahira in Eagle's Nest soon.

We're waiting on posts from Ivanol, Script, Baby, Ottoman, and LightingStrikes at the moment. Alasund De'astio and Tempest both recently posted.

This roleplay was originally created in a tab located at When the Lion Wakes in the tab, and Remaeus and I spent the other day creating the correct places where scenes and posts have taken place. Sometime within the next week or two, the posts from the in-character thread will be migrated to the roleplay in the new system, where they will remain readable entirely in chronological order, as well as in-character location-stamped. Future posts (AFTER the existing ones have been migrated) will need to be made to the correct location in the roleplay (and if there is not a location listed here that you need, I can create it for you.)

When this roleplay was first created in March 2010 (yes, 2010), I was not happy with the tab system as it existed. With a slew of recent changes made to suit writing and my style of reading, I would like to see these posts migrated back into the tab. If you don't believe me about its readability, check this Multiverse place and the way posts are listed there. You can click on different pages, and posts made using the posting box at the bottom would appear in that location. The same system, on a smaller scale (as there are fewer *places, roleplayers, and posts in When the Lion Wakes), will work for us, and for both our shorter and longer posts.
Last edited by Ylanne on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:30 am

Is there anything in particular I need to be posting? Because though there have been a couple of posts that directly refer to Dawn, at the moment I'm thinking I'll need to come up with a little mini-plotline within London for her until the other characters catch up with her. If there's nothing I need to directly address, I'll set to thinking of something.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:28 am

Script wrote:Is there anything in particular I need to be posting? Because though there have been a couple of posts that directly refer to Dawn, at the moment I'm thinking I'll need to come up with a little mini-plotline within London for her until the other characters catch up with her. If there's nothing I need to directly address, I'll set to thinking of something.

I'm happy to send a CIA agent after you if you like?

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Tempest, you and Skallagrim may want to think about collaborating as well, as Skall is writing for the CIA's Special Activities Division, if I'm not mistaken. A PM could be a good idea, if you need to contact him and he doesn't respond immediately to this thread. (Then again, Skall, you might be reading this yourself, in which case a response would be lovely.)

Dawn -- I can't think of anything specific, except either things she is doing with her new job, or things she is doing to avoid being found or tracked. As Tempest suggested, you might have room for some collaboration there.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:45 am

I made a pretty banner.

The Arabic says "love" and "hate" for those curious linguists. Hope you enjoy. :)

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:43 am

I like it, well done.

Tempest
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:27 am

I hope to get a post up this weekend. I also need to post in Orsa of Terminus, and to prepare for some things work-related offline. I hope I'll have time over the weekend to get caught up. I'm thinking the post will delve into one or both of their backstories a bit more, as I like to do that. Tahira, we've explored a bit in the introductions to the three days. I think I'll focus on Natalie in this one.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:47 am

Progress update -- I've about 1/3 of the way through the post in-progress. With any luck, it'll be up by the end of this weekend. The lengthy delay was a product of multiple unavoidable setbacks and unforeseeable adverse circumstances. Post your progress updates here as well, thanks.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Ylanne wrote:Progress update -- I've about 1/3 of the way through the post in-progress. With any luck, it'll be up by the end of this weekend. The lengthy delay was a product of multiple unavoidable setbacks and unforeseeable adverse circumstances. Post your progress updates here as well, thanks.

Welcome back. And I'm waiting on your post and perhaps a reply from Script on whether or not she wants me to hunt her... Until then, limbo...

Tempest
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!