Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Late Introduction

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Late Introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StealFire on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:29 pm

Alright, I'm a couple days late on my introduction, but better late than never.

I suppose I should start with who I am and how I came to be on RPG.

As a child on the internet, I was quickly introduced to forums. However, I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I never could quite get into the 'chat slang' and so I stuck to my capitalization, punctuation, and grammar. Meaning, I really only fit in at the roleplaying forums. I adopted writing at a young age and roleplayed a lot, but as my level of roleplaying became more advanced I had to look for more advanced websites. One day I found a website, A wonderful website for roleplaying, but the person who owned it had to pay monthly to keep it on the interweb. So eventually, they had to shut it down when they could no longer afford it.

And that's how I became a homeless roleplayer.

After that, I got caught up in the fast paced world, and discovered that the only place my wild imagination could roam free was when I took these dazed walks, wandering aimlessly around my neighborhood. One day, I was so swept away in my reverie that when I finally woke up, I had no idea where I was. Just then, I recognized one of my friend's neighbors, and I asked him if he knew how to get back to my street.

And here’s what he told me, "Oh, ya' lost? Yup, I 'member one time I gots lost. I was wanderin' down Fif' en Broadway, and I wa'nt payin' any 'ttention, and then I though' "Where am I?" And I sa' "Oh, Mrs. Barre', wha' a won'erfou party", 'cept I wasn't at Mrs. Barre''s party. I was on Fif' en Broadway!"

And so there I was, trying to imagine someone so incredibly stupid. A tiny vein in my forehead was about to burst from annoyance. And this guy had the nerve to speak again in his ridiculous accent!

"Oh, by de way. Your 'ouse is three down. And your frien' wan's to tell ya' somin', I hear' 'er talking abou' it dis mornin'."

So, I went back home, and called my friend. I told this friend of mine that her neighbor was an eavesdropping creep, and she told me she already knew that. Well, my friend also likes roleplaying and she told me I should check out this website. So, here I am.

The End.
Last edited by StealFire on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If 13 is unlucky then 12 and 14 should be guilty by association."

“If it doesn't work, at least it will be an interesting train wreck.”

"I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long."

((Guess which people said/wrote the quotes above and I'll give you a cookie.))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StealFire
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Late Introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:48 pm

Bravo, sir! I believe you will fit in quite well here, as you share a very similar background to many of the people who are part of our staff. I'm sure you'll be able to settle in quite nicely.

And hey, welcome to RolePlayGateway! I look forward to seeing you around, as you've already made your mark on me. If you need any help or have any feedback, feel free to shoot one of the staff a message and we'll happily field your request.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Re: Late Introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:57 pm

Oh, you're good. You're very good.

I feel like offering the cliche and overused welcome statements here would cheapen the experience you've managed to create already with an introduction unlike any I've ever seen before. So I'll simply keep my ramblings short and offer those who might spy this thread another chance to read over your beautifully-crafted and unusual tale and contemplate whether or not it's actually true, as I myself am doing right now.

So instead of those banal welcomes, I'll instead offer you a thank-you.

Thank you for allowing your wonderful self to fall in with the leagues of our humble little community here. And an additional thank you for providing such an entertaining alternative spin to the usually far-from-extraordinary task of introducing yourself. Bravo.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!