Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Cattivo's Complete Guide for Forum Fighting.

a topic in The Library, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

An organized archive of roleplaying guides, including step-by-step, how-to, and general essays on theory.

Cattivo's Complete Guide for Forum Fighting.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:18 pm

This article has been removed as per a request by the content proprietor, and is awaiting feedback from the authors.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Re: Cattivo's Complete Guide for Forum Fighting.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shinji Ikari on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:27 pm

Wow, this set of rules looks oddly familiar.

http://forums.rpgchat.com/showthread.php?t=36375

Why don't you lazy cock-holsters try being less original next time? Is it too hard to make up your own rules? Hmm?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shinji Ikari
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:05 pm

If you'll carefully note, we made no effort to hide that this document came from RPGChat.

If you'll note ever more carefully, you'll notice RPGateway doesn't have an official set of rules regarding fighting, RP, or anything of the sort.

Now, if you'll try very hard, you may even notice that this is posted in the Library. What can you find in a Library? Reference materials. Yes, sorry to burst your theory, but this is just a reference piece, provided for those who like the idea of this style of combat.

Better luck next time.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:12 pm

Zhelir's covered most of what needs to be said, but I've spoken directly with Angelus on the matter, and she has no objections either. There's no foul here - we're giving full credit to Cattivo. I wasn't able to get ahold of him, but should he issue a DMCA, we'd be more than happy to comply.

I'm glad that you noticed this, too! It means that you're well versed in the world of FFRP, and would make a valuable member of our community. Many compliments from me.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephylight on Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:24 pm

I'm going to make a site and call it a library, so I can copy any popular site I want. Great plan, amirite?

No, but seriously. It's explicitedly stated at the beginning of the document that you need to get individual permission of the authors to repost. Not Angelus, even if he is an administrator of the site (who we're all friends with personally, and has stated that he received no such request, nor agreed to any such request). It's cute that you thought the authors of RPGC's orthodox forum fighting guide did a nice enough job that you wanted to include it in your "library", but you could have acquired permission properly, and not just name drop Angelus in order to explain it.

Sephylight
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angelus on Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:33 pm

..I didn't really want to get involved, but I suppose there are a few points I'm either unsure of or want to clear up.

Firstly, I apologize if anyone is rude. I will not condone, or welcome, rudeness from the members that have come from the site I'm an administrator of.

I do not remember giving any permission. All the same, I didn't not give permission either. I wasn't actually aware of this thread until just now.

In the originating thread, however, it states(and it's copied to this version as well) that it's not to be duplicated without permission of the authors themselves. Cattivo was but one author, as evidenced throughout the thread and originating thread. Each article came from a different Role Player, providing their views and expanding the topic as a whole so that others can learn.

The issue found is that the permission of the authors has not been received, whether credit is given or not.

Angelus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:45 am

We've handled the violation accordingly. Express permission was not granted by all of the contributing authors, but is in progress of being attained.

Angelus - thanks so much for your cooperation on the matter. Could we talk about a release of the contact for each of the authors listed in the post? Drop me a PM, if at all possible. Don't worry about your members - they speak for themselves, not your community. No harm and no foul has been done.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!