Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

City of Heroes/Villains

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

City of Heroes/Villains

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:07 pm

So I'm wondering, ya'll, if any of ya play it, does it run smoothly/on the level of WoW on Dial-up? If so, I'ma probably get it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:12 am

I do believe that CoH/CoV are based on an earlier version of a graphics card than WoW. So by all rights they should run okay if you can WoW smoothly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:47 am

More on terms of the networking speed: It depends on what protocol and network stack they used to make the game. I'm personally not familiar with it... but I KNOW that there are ways to emulate a high-speed connection on dialup: maybe not download speed, but reliability.

I just can't think of the program right now.

There's something in Windows called QoS (quality of service) that can help. I'd say it's worth a buy: If your graphics card can support it, you're good.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:21 pm

Schwing. Thanks.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed May 03, 2006 8:21 am

To confirm Eric's statement, works great on Dial-Up.

Now, for any of ya'll interested, I pulled a pair of screenshots while playing this morning; one's of Zhelir in play, one's of a random giant I made for the purposes of a screenshot.

Zhelir busting out of prison (tutorial; game gets so much more fun after this):
http://gwing.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=115

Alright, screenshot of the character creation screen. This is only a small portion of it (I'll try to get more up later) but trust me, it's in-depth as hell:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/ ... ditor1.jpg

As well, I've also got a link that generates free trials, and provides the game for download. If anyone wants it, post or PM me, and I'll post it here or somethin'.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed May 03, 2006 8:43 pm

'Pologies for double-posting, but I wanted to make sure anyone who read this before saw it.

I forgot to mention, the CoV trial link is completely, 100% free, for bot hthe trial (obviously) and the game download.

As well, the link is:
http://www.cityofvillains.com/promos/trial_14_new.html

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Thu May 04, 2006 12:18 am

Damn. I remember doing the 14 day trial back in June of last year for City of Heroes. I had time back then, and I spent those 14 days hardcore style from like morning to night. I swear those two weeks were dedicated to nothing else but savoring each moment.

Bah, I wish I could do this, but right now it would be catastrophic if I went through that kind of thing again.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!