Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Demon Seeker (Open Fantasy RP)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Demon Seeker (Open Fantasy RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:39 pm

OOC: Ok people we're on the road, we need to all be checking this and responding as needed atleast every other day. Thanks ya'll :)

IC: Will eyed the man, a holy one indeed. Will would let the whole half-demon thing go for now, but he wasn't sure exactly how his companions who didn't know of his heritage would react to it. 'Well, we're all quite a rag-tag bunch anyways, I'm sure none of them will have qualms about it...' Will thought, as he said, "Well my friend, we're on a quest for knowledge right now. I, myself don't really have any knowledge, or personal knowledge, on any demons. But, should you join us and help in our plight, when we reach our destination I'm sure you could have some of your questions answered. And it's always good to have another strong arm in the group. So if you have no fight with a tainted one such as myself, or any of my companions, you're welcome to join us. I also have a bit of extra food, to strengthen your body until we can come across a beast to hunt and eat."
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:18 pm

(Sorry, guys. We've been taking Finals at school and I haven't had much time as of late.)

Ivan had been quiet for a while. He saw no need to introduce himself. It seemed to him they had all already been acquainted. Regardless, he listened as the others reintroduced themselves.

He was still quiet even as a man came upon the group, a cleric of some sort, and talked to Will of demons and such. What was of particular interest to him, and a fact that caught his attention, was that the man already knew Will was half-demon, in fact addressing him as such. Ivan was not surprised; he had already figured it out last night, but how did this man know?
"It used to be that our elected officials were veterans of World War II, Vietnam, or the Civil Rights Movement. But with the election of Jesse Ventura in Minnesota and Arnold Schwarzenegger in California, I foresee a day when all our leaders will come from the movie Predator. Think about it. Governor Carl Weathers. No wait: Senator Predator. I bet he has some pretty interesting things to say about tort reform."
- Stephen Colbert

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:00 am

Just off the main road, perhaps a mere 10 miles from the town our party has departed from, laid a body. No, a vision. One of both beauty and horror, a terrifying, alluring sight. A body with a skin colour blended from what seemed to be ashes and charcoal, lay in a patch of grass, her glossy white hair spilling across the bright green almost like a patch of curly snow, entirely out of place in weather like this. She sun's bright rays seemed directly to contrast the dark figure; she seemed to be the shadow that remains of a living being as opposed to a being herself -- which is, partially, true.

Arsin laid there motionless as she felt her veins shrinking, slowly but surely, until they finally would dry out. She groaned, having only enough energy to fill her lungs and let out desperate, unearthly sounds from her mouth which resonated from the trees who, she felt, looked down upon her full of green and brown life in pity. She didn't want pity, she wanted blood, she wanted revenge, she wanted to die.

She tried once more to calm herself, clawing at the moist, live earth beneath her with her slightly yellowed fingertails, but the animal instinct to survive conflicted with her resignation. Depression set itself upon her like a tidal wave, but as her shoulders shook with her sobbing, no tears emerged.
As you recall, you know I love to show off,
But you never thought that I would take it this far.
What do you know?

Fancy a Butcher's?

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewArthur on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:13 am

"Well my friend, we're on a quest for knowledge right now. I, myself don't really have any knowledge, or personal knowledge, on any demons. But, should you join us and help in our plight, when we reach our destination I'm sure you could have some of your questions answered. And it's always good to have another strong arm in the group. So if you have no fight with a tainted one such as myself, or any of my companions, you're welcome to join us. I also have a bit of extra food, to strengthen your body until we can come across a beast to hunt and eat." came the mans reply.

Markus nodded before speaking "I have no qualms, with you or your companions. I only hunt full demons hell bent on destroying this world, and i to travel with you would be a great honor, i haven't traveled with anyone for two years now"

With that he dropped his head and went quite for a second, before lifting his head up and speaking "So were do you travel to friend, i am up for an adventure and eager to get to know you all" Markus smiled before holding his hand out "I am Markus Ritt, cleric to the god Sigmatur"
Police cordoned off Liverpool City Centre this morning when a
suspicious object was discovered in a car. It later turned
out to be a tax disc.

You can Razzle Dazzle my Fantazmagazzle!!!!

NewArthur
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:59 pm

Aëal was quietly chewing on some juicy roots he had found on the edge of the road. When the travellers had approached he had quickly jumped away from sight, and the cleric probably thought he was just some sort of animal crossing the road. 'Strange people, they are.', he thought to himself and quietly peeped at the conversing people. He didn 't feel like roaring on such nice people, since they were all in such a good mood. But he didn't feel comfortable about the blonde man with such an insanely strong aura around himself. An aggressive yet not purposed bite on the roots harder part made a loud, cracking sound. 'Snap.', thought Aëal to himself and was suddenly a bit panicked.
^ The text your searching for is that way ^

http://www.myspace.com/ymudmusic - Rocking it the Ambiental way. With a bag of Frasse in my mouth.

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:36 am

Will extended his hand and shook the man's and said, "Greetings Markus, I am William. A pleasure to have you join us. We travel due south, toward a treasure protected by a powerful Necromancer. I am sure that with your holy strength, taking down him and his undead minions will be easier indeed!" And with that, they continued on their way, but out of the corner of his eye, Will could've sworn he saw someone, or something, eating behind a nearby tree. Will kept alert, but resumed the conversations with his companions. They walked a bit further, and suddenly Will's senses alerted him that someone was hiding up ahead. A creature of the dark was the only way Will felt such a strong presence, and whilst walking, Will placed his hand on the hilt of his sword casually. He sniffed the air, and could smell something, strange, about the creature; or whatever or whoever it was laying in the grass..

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:07 am

Eventually, Arsin's body atrophied completely; with her veins drying out, constantly growing more desperate for replenishing, her brain began losing the delicate balance of oxygen it needed, leaving her in a state of unconsciousness and sleep. As her synapses fired eagerly, trying to remain intact and efficiently use up the last of its resources, she dreamed. She relived, rather.

In her mind she was that young, lively, spritely girl once more, practicing with her bow and arrow on stationary targets mounted by her in her own back yard. She would stop and admire every bullseye she struck, walking over to it and gazing at it from all the angles she could reverently; at first there were few, but as she grew experienced, the time she took to preen grew just as exponentially. Arsin loved to win, and many said that she let winning get to her head, but wouldn't you? With a list of achievements in archery known throughout the underdark, she had no reason to be modest.

The dream shifted, then, to encompass the naysayers in her life. That last moment of life she had, caressing the one physical representation of her success that would also invoke her demise, was etched into her skull like a brand. The poisonous liquid hidden in the guise of ale had to have been made with the worst intentions; she could feel the hate with which it was prepared disintegrating her from the inside out as soon as it had time to enter her bloodstream. It had to be a metaphor, her subconscious concluded; she had heard of herself referred to as "empty inside" by her eventual killers, they commented often of how they found her "shallow" and "hollow."

Now the metaphor would remain with her for the rest of her life - or, after-life. Life? She regained consciousness, her body fighting as if it still could return to that state she longed to be in, with colour in her cheeks and warmth in her skin. As if she were suffocating, she took in a big breath of air into what sounded more like a hollow barrell of a chest than lungs - in reality, there was no way to know what of her organs was left. As she lifted her head, her blood-colored eyes found silhouettes of living beings in the distance, and felt a surge of both happiness and distress. She was.. frankly, embarrassed to be seen in this state, by anyone. It hurt her pride, as the perpetrators of this penance surely knew. As her previously dry tongue salivated with new hope, her body seemed to come to a resolution that her mind was not involved in making: she would kill one, devour it, and walk on as a bloodlusting voyager for the rest of eternity.

Slowly, Arsin bowed her head, feeling the cold, damp dirt against her forehead and feeling for the soft thundering of the group's footsteps.

aeleon
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:52 am

"Stop." Nyx cut someone off in midsentence. He didn't know who. "Draw your weapons." He commanded as his hands shot into his robes. "Vampire."

ooc: Short post I know, but what can I say. It gets the point across.
The Clerics of Okern - Looking for High Quality Players: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-clerics-okern-t25520.html

Lithitemir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau Goodbarrel on Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:15 pm

OOC: Sorry i haven't been on in a long time, i've had other things i had to do. Merry cristmas, i'm going to be off-line for a long while (two weeks at the least) so Let's say my character has to run an Errand or two. Again sorry for the lack of attention (job searching)
in the end, even the heavens will fall to Ragnarok. as mankind fades, so to shall the gods. immortality comes from existance, so to as long as a part of you exists, even in a memory, you will be immortal. how have you started you path to immortality?
Beau "doublelock" Goodbarrel

Beau Goodbarrel
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:35 pm

[Question. How did you know I was a vampire?]

aeleon
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:16 pm

Aëal had been flinging rocks and whatnot through the woods, above the heads of the travellers to make the paranoid blonde man even more paranoid as he flashed his sight right and left because of all the odd sounds. When they all stopped for some reason, Aëal was just a mere second away from throwing a stone right in front of them. He quietly peered at the road where they were all looking, not caring about wether he was visible or not. And because of that half of his body was leaning out of the forest, one hundred percent visible. He was also breathing rather loudly as he usually does.

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:19 pm

(I would assume it has something to do with his necromantic powers, but I don't know.)

Ivan glanced at the necromancer. "Vampire, Nyx? In daylight? Surely you must be mistaken." A second later he realized he just questioned a necromancer on a subject he knew nothing about himself. Before Nyx could say anything, he took a slight step back behind Orukai's horse.

While he was still almost certain that vampires couldn't walk in the day, he did wrap a finger around the polyruna's trigger and jostled it a little to check if it was loaded. It was. Even so, he wasn't sure what Cathy's bolts would do against a creature of such nature. He made a mental note to start making some silver tipped darts later.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:49 pm

ooc: The same way he knew Will was a half-demon the second he saw him. Nyx may not be a manifestation of evil, but Necomrancers are evil in nature. Just as Paladins can detect it, so can Necomrancers. Also, Nyx has met Vampires in the past, but obviously no-one knows about that cause it’s a figment of my imagination.

Bic:

"Pray I am mistaken Friend." Nyx said as he threw a handful of black powder out in front of the group. "A normal Vampire is dangerous enough. But if one can survive in the light, it is a manifestation I have never heard of." Nyx knew he was not mistaken however. The Vampiric aura of death was defiantly present, even though it was slightly different.

Lithitemir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:11 pm

Will stopped with the rest of the group as Nyx alerted them that he detected a vampire. 'A daywalker? That's not normal.. And it's several hours after sun up, so it could be no normal vampire who's rushing to the underground as we speak...' Will thought to himself, as he took a step forward. "Will!" Ari hissed, "What are you doing?! It's a vampire for the Gods' sake!" Will merely turned to her and said, "Don't worry my dear." With that, Will held out his palm to show that he was ready to use his burning hands power if need be. 'Fire will do enough damage for me to get back and the others to arm themselves, should this prove dangerous.' Will thought. He stepped in the direction Nyx was looking and said, "Hail, daywalker! We know you're there, if ye've set to ambush us, be aware that we are many and you are but one. Now, that being said, are you friend or foe?" Will stood and waited, his fiery palm hidden behind himself; he didn't want to appear hostile, unless the creature appeared to be hostile itself.

OOC: With the holidays starting, I planned on this slowing down a bit. Let's keep atleast a little activity going in this, and if ya'll want to I can make a discussion OOC thread for this. Oh! And guess what?! I'm drawing a map of the continent this game is taking place on :). Serve as a visual referance for where we are in the world, and after I draw it and develope it a bit there'll be backround info on the various countries and such. This is turning into a real game, hooray! :D

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:30 pm

ooc: Yeah, we should have an out of character thread for this. I'm pretty sure I'll be required to explain a lot more on my views of Necomrancers as the story progresses.

Bic:

Nyx watched as Will moved foreword, onto the black powder he had laid down. "Will, your standing in the powder." Nyx voice was harsh, "Get out of that powder!" If Will cast a fire spell in the general vicinity of that powder, not only would Nyx not be able to cast his own spell, but the resulting explosion could kill Will, and at the very least injure him.

Lithitemir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:37 am

Arsin felt the shift in the soft thudding of the travelers' feet against the ground as it resonated across the earth and against her forehead. She knew they were onto her when their rhythm changed from one with intentions of crossing great distances to one indicating awareness of one's surroundings. In her mind she let off a few fowl phrases, and thought about what fun it would be to rise up from her prostrated state with full strength and rip the whole lot - three, four? more? and a horse - to shreds, consume every last one of them. She knew she could, her death took with it everything elven about her and gave her what felt like limitless strength - combined with her elven ability, she was unstoppable.

That is, unstoppable when at her peak. Luckily for the group, they caught her at the opposite of her peak. She could do no rising up, no ripping to shreds, no consumption. Would this really be her fate? Her final rest granted to her by a band of happy go-lucky pilgrims?

"Hail, daywalker!"

Oh, fucking great. How she would love to feel the vocal chords of this righteous voice vibrating against her teeth.

Unfortunately, there would be nothing she could do, no limb she could move or sign she could give, until they moved her; the thought of them even touching her made her sick to what would have been her stomach.

aeleon
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:12 am

Cautiously Aëal had watched the man asking the so called daywalker his question, without any actual answer from the corpse on the ground. Without thinking, he went talking; 'You know, it's not likely a corpse would answer your questions. And I don't think you should touch that thing either, it looks nasty. You might catch a disease.', he said, now completely emerged from the woods and standing up straight in his full lenght.

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:51 pm

*Crack* The sound echoed through out the cavern. *Crack* It came again, the sound of a pick-axe hittng stone. *Crack* Deep, in the darkest corridors of those giant caves an advance team of dwarves were searching out a new place to mine, looking for a vein of gold, to rip from the earth. *Crack* the hit the stone wall again, causing it to give way and reveal yet another room in the cavern. Taking there torches before them the entered and looked about. The chamber was massive, and obviously more than just a cave room. The walls were carved with intricate designs and glyphs, in the center of the room was a raised platform, with stone steps leading up to it. And on the platform was a great sarcophagus, bearing the bust of a dragon. The dwarves were in awe, even their magnificent halls were nothing like this. One, the oldest of them walked forward and examined the walls, while the other five approached the sarcophagus. The old one leaned forward and carefully looked the glyphs and symbols over, using his white beard to dust them off.

"These are ancient runes, arcane ones." He said to the others. "I can read a few of them, like this here. It's a passage in old dwarvish." Squinting his eyes he read, "Here in lies Oberell, wielder of magics and destroyer of the cursed worm." He stood up and and frowned. "It looks like there are many languages here, Elvish, human, even a few demonic ones." He turned to look at his commrads who were now nearing the sarcophagus. "Do you know where we are? This is the hidden tomb of Oberell the wise!" The others were now looking the tomb over with interest. The old dwarf hurried up the steps after them and was struck by the beauty of the carvings on the stone lids face. They all stood and simply looked for a moment, then one started forward and grabbed the lid.

"Come on then, lets open it." Some of the others started forward but the old dwarf stopped them.

"We can't defile his tomb like that, what's the matter with you!?" He scolded them. The one who had made to lift the lid scoffed.

"There might be gold inside." If dwarves loved anything, it was gold, and that was all the persuasion they needed. All gathering on one side, the heaved and sent the lid toppling off to the floor. Inside was an ancient skeleton in robes of faded blue, a decaying staff, and a talisman of gold clutched in the skeletal hands. The talisman was beautiful, forged with inticate designs of a winged dragon, curled into a circle. With out a seconed thought the dwarves took it and made off with their treasure, chuckling to them selves. As the made their way out of the cavern the heard a sound in the darkness. Raising their lanterns the peered into the blackness. "Hello?" One called, only to recieve silence in return. Feeling uncomfortable they hastened toward the lift that would take them out. Soon after they started moving they heard another sound, the sound of heavy foot steps comming closer. The dwarves were spooked now and ran for the lift, but found it needing to be lowered down. Quickly they pulled the ropes, bringing the lift to them, all the while the foot steps were getting closer. They pulled faster whilst the sound echoed around them, the person was right on top of them it seemed. The lift reached the ground and they hurried onto it starting their assent, but the lift suddenly stopped. Looking over the edge the saw a huge man had grabbed hold of it and halted its movement. With a heave, he brought the lift crashing down and grabbed the dwarf with the talisman. Wrentching it from his grasp, he them crushed the little man's throat and tossed him to the side.

"I am Charcon, The Dragon Lord! And you are finished!" He rushed forward and took out three of the other dwarves with a single swing sending them flying into the walls of the cave, smashing their heads against the stone. The old dwarf had fell off the lift and into the shadows when it was thrown down, and so escaped notice. The large man then entered the lift and it began moving, leaving the dwarf alone in the darkness.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:09 pm

OOC: Here we go! the-demon-seeker-open-fantasy-ooc-thread-t3786.html An OOC thread for the RP!

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:41 am

OOC: By the gods, I sincerely and deeply apologize for my absence the past little while, the holidays, then the new year, then some various things in my life have taken up quite a bit of time. I'll be resuming activity here quite shortly, thank you all for your patience :).

Axle
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!