Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hogwarts: Nineteen Years Later

Hogwarts - Nineteen years later

a part of “Hogwarts: Nineteen Years Later”, a fictional universe by Gleeky1D.

Time to find platform 9 and 3 quarters again! The Hogwarts Express leaves soon!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hogwarts: Nineteen Years Later”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Hogwarts - Nineteen years later

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri May 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Sorry for not posting, had an annoying military medical and tones of paper work to fill in so i could only post in the role play i saw was active...

will post later on today.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Sun May 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Great don't tell me now we have the roller blade incident. All right No tech but boots with wheels on them? What's the problem with that?

Yes sunglasses and mp were stupid (got the inspiration from a comment here lol) so I put them out. If it's such a big deal then I will change the roller blades to the more traditional skateboard.

Personally I do not like the troll part at all because it's too similar to what's in the harry potter story, I haven't complained about it and if this hadn't come up I would not have even mentioned it. I do not like simply retreating to what's in the books all the time, ideally we should stay loyal to the setting but not to the story of harry potter in my opinion.

We really need to solve problems with this role-play because its fragmented, one second we are in point A then we move to point C and then to point D before coming back to point B and skipping to point H. I am not only talking about our confusion to do with the first day of Hogwarts but also to do with starting the second day with the opening seen of going to the classes and then bam! Suddenly a troll pops in and sends the role play strait to a new area. I made an entrance before for the second day but the sudden and rushed troll posts forced me to make a new entrance for the second day instead of continuing.

How did the troll even come up? And if a troll does come up shouldn't the battle against him be a bit longer? If the battle against the troll starts and ends with one post then what was the point of the troll in the first place? There isn't any tension and character development and there is any real action ether. All the troll bit did to me was reset the role play again and force me into making another post to bring my character back into the story. It doesn't matter if there is more then one troll, any fight with a gigantic beast should and needs to take a join effort. Look at harry potter if you have too; it was a joint effort that put the troll down. If harry just marched in and put the troll down in one sequence what would have been the point of that sequence in the first place? The point of a role play is to be cooperative effort but so far this role play has been subject to individual fancy and not real cooperation. I have had a hard time getting my character to work because of the tendency of this role play to speed up without tying things up beforehand, just when it seemed we no longer had such problems the role play is again reset into a new setting. The role play doesn’t make sense to me; there is no build up of events or even a connection between events. I am sorry to say but this role play is incoherent and chaotic. I am trying to keep my character inside the role play but its difficult when the role play changes its direction so frequently.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon May 28, 2012 1:56 pm

The roller blades just surprisedme. Also, there is like 2 billion stairs in Hogwarts. Please recalculate the danger risk, especially if you run into someone using magic or casting a spell.

The MP was my only problem xD
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Wed May 30, 2012 5:54 am

oh right.... i forgot about stairs. Oh well a broken arm is acceptable XD

sorry for apparant anger at post, i was informed of a suprise test at the time. I hate those...

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!