Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Favourite/least favourite things?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Favourite/least favourite things?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:21 pm

If this turns into a debate, it'll have to be moved to Debate and Discussion. But I think we should talk about this here. Hopefully it can survive in much the same way that Mugs behind the Madness survives: by people posting.

What are your #1 favourite thing about the site? What's your #1 least favourite thing?

Please keep this civil; no flaming people for hating things you like or vice versa.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Favourite/least favourite things?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Favorite Thing
I love the enthusiasm the members of this site have when in character.

Enthusiasm for their characters, their plots, enthusiasm for role play in general. It's a beautiful thing to see so many people come together because of their characters, friendships driven by the world they have created together.

Least Favorite Thing
My least favorite thing is the general attitude of the community outside of role playing.

There are a lot of cliques, a lot of condescending attitudes towards and blatant disrespect for other members. Many people will troll, or assume improper conversational etiquette for the cause of gaining the upper hand in said conversation. Insults are thrown, and people even have the audacity to insult other people's role playing.

What's just as disturbing, these attitudes and behaviors seem to have no consequence, and appear to be deemed acceptable. I personally don't like that the social norm has become to be so rude, and see a problem with it.

I see this as detrimental to the community, and think it can be changed. If people stop accepting these attitudes, stand together as a whole instead of separated in their little groups, and if trolling/abusive/community killing attitudes/behaviors/actions were properly dealt with and consequence'd.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jo_Tunn on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Favorite Thing
as of now I would have to say Living ptolus. Food would be a close second.

Least Favorite Thing
Being bored.
Hard work never killed anyone, only boring work.

Jo_Tunn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renssaerene on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:42 pm

I entirely agree with lostamongtrees, so I’ll point out my second favorite/least favorite things about RPG.

Favourite Thing

The community building that the Multiverse encourages. Last year, we had the Wing City Community Ball, that allowed a lot of new users (and older users) to be included in an MV Event that actually had an organized setup. It was fun to plan, and I think a lot of people enjoyed it. The fact that something as simple as an In-Character event could promote more friendships, in and out of character, is just really awesome. It also gives people the chance to become more involved in the plot of the MV, which is really important.

Least Favourite Thing

I’m sure I sound like a broken record by now, but the staff in general disappoints me. I don’t think I have ridiculously high standards, and given I’ve been on this staff and others, my issues with the staff aren’t impossible to address as far as I can tell. The lack of consistency or fairness from the staff really does affect the environment of roleplaying; it’s supposed to be a fun hobby, not something you’re discouraged from doing because so-and-so is going to talk about your writing like you’re an imbecile, and not get anything said to them or because you’re not a part of a certain group.

Renssaerene
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Mrh.

Favourite thing: The Multiverse.

Least Favourite thing: the debates and arguing and stuff, even though I sometimes take part, which makes me a hypocrite, but I guess seeing that favourite is subjective I can easily change it when it suits me. :)

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby udontwannaknow94 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:51 pm

I love the fact that people don't post just one liners when role playing with each other.

But i can't say i like the way the site is arranged compared to other sites i've been on as it can be a bit confusing at first as to how to get around and figure things out.

Other than that, almost all people here are very kind, understanding, helpful, and CREATIVE. And it makes role playing fun for everyone. Reading posts from anyone here is never dull. :)

udontwannaknow94
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!