Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Star Ocean Online

Star Ocean Online Main OOC Thread

a part of “Star Ocean Online”, a fictional universe by Sephiroth89.

Star Ocean released a VR-MMO. However, players mysterious begin to vanish from our world, their souls trapped inside their player characters within the game. Faced with the very real possibility of death within the world they love, what will they do?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Star Ocean Online”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Star Ocean Online

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm sorry to hold up progress, but I'm extremely tired. x_x
I will get the 2nd thread up as soon as I wake up. Exp will be based on MOB-kills, boss kills, pvp(duels) and PKing. And probably some skill use and quest and stuff like that.
If it's alright with Seph, Sonic you can go ahead ad post and I'll post right after you. When I wake up of course. I just don't want to hold everyone up. This is such a proactive roleplay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:31 pm

CherrySwirl wrote:I'm sorry to hold up progress, but I'm extremely tired. x_x
I will get the 2nd thread up as soon as I wake up. Exp will be based on MOB-kills, boss kills, pvp(duels) and PKing. And probably some skill use and quest and stuff like that.
If it's alright with Seph, Sonic you can go ahead ad post and I'll post right after you. When I wake up of course. I just don't want to hold everyone up. This is such a proactive roleplay.

Alright, just this time. (Not like one time only, but like..not changing the rotation, just skipping you this time but letting you go right after)

Thanks btw, I appreciate it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:15 am

Well, I got around to posting. x3 I started the leveling guide thread. It's unfinished atm, but it will be done later on today. Let me know if there is anything I should add to it when it comes to gaining experience.

Also guys take a look at this grading scale for attributes and tell me if you want to use it. if you think it makes things too complicated we'll avoid it, but it would make things easier when determining who's character is stronger/faster than others for particular fights.

Just the first post: information-forum-grading-scale-guide-t64260.html

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:35 am

Too complicated - as i said before, giving too much of a complex system will scare some people away.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Yea, I think so too to be honest.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:16 pm

It doesn't look that complicated to me. Looks rather simple and like it'll be effective. Granted, I'm used to VERY complicated RPs so by comparison Cherryswirl's suggestions are like childsplay lol (aka I might not be a good judge) though imo said complicated RPs DID get confusing at times, but as I said..I understood Cherryswirl's quite well. It looks exactally like how real RPs work, with the difference being letter grades instead of number statistics for each area.

edit: Ark: you forgot to mention Mammon in your post. He helped you too, not just the other two lol

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:47 pm

The RP I previously used that system for was supposed to be an advanced RP. This roleplay feels more laid back then that so I was unsure about presenting it. I'm glad you like, Seph. :) The idea is that the number of attribute points you get to work with will be equivalent to your level. Let's see what other's say before you make a final decision on it.

I mentioned Mammon. He was the one Ark was sending the party quest to. Ark was thanking Gabriel and then Kain, since Claudette left asap. lol

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Is this RP more laid back? I wasn't quite sure what I was going for one way or the other. I just wanted to make an RP that mixed Star Ocean 3: Till the end of time with Sword Art Online and just made stuff up on how to do it as I go along XD

I will indeed wait and see what other people say though.

edit: in other news...this: star-ocean-online-maps-t75723.html

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deallo on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Now...I know this might seem redundant; but I really need to know before I can start writing...what monsters and bosses are there?

I ask this cause whenever someone seems to mention fighting monsters, it just always glosses over, and bam: next level. Do we get to make up our own monsters and bosses otherwise? Though I'm not familiar with Star Ocean creatures, do we use them?

Deallo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Deallo wrote:Now...I know this might seem redundant; but I really need to know before I can start writing...what monsters and bosses are there?

I ask this cause whenever someone seems to mention fighting monsters, it just always glosses over, and bam: next level. Do we get to make up our own monsters and bosses otherwise? Though I'm not familiar with Star Ocean creatures, do we use them?

Well obviously there are your standard low-level slimes in places (something like it does exist in Star Ocean), other than that we're using Star Ocean 3 monsters for Elicoor II. (Klaus III and Diablo we'll cross when we get there)

Should we have a post and/or thread with an Elicoor II monsters list along with where the monsters are typically located?

As for making up your own monsters, no you can't.

Bosses of Elicoor II will all be based on real bosses (Except for the Daemon enemies/bosses which will only be in places when I state they are, so until then just assume their aren't any around and I'll let you know when you're near one) and bosses are only located in Dungeons as far as I remember.

EDIT: Oh and also, sometime after people reach strong enough to go to Klaus III, Greeton will open up and I'll permit players to create their own enemy monsters for Greeton. I'm also thinking around that time I'll permit pet "companion" characters. But for now I'd rather leave that option out. (It would just complicate things right now)

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:39 pm

I think since you decided to make it up as you went along made it feel more laid back. With most advanced RPs you're bombarded with like a thousand rules immediately. @@

Deallo, what do you think of the Grading Scale idea? Yay or Nay?

Seph, maybe you should add that list of monsters in the map thread.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Not sure how many differences it will have in it (Just starting to read it now) but would you take a look at what I found guys!

http://manga.animea.net/star-ocean-till ... -time.html

Yes, you read that right...the game has a Manga!
Last edited by Sephiroth89 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:29 pm

PERFECT!!!!

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:50 pm

I'll list differnces as I see them:
1. Various character appearances were altered. Not just art-style but oufits and body shapes as well.

2. The short raccoon people (Menodix) having animal summons as well as having anything to do with the fights they had down there. Also, the monster boss they fought appears to be different. (hard to remember for sure on that last par tho)

3. Cliff wondering if she has panties as well as checking if Tynave is a girl. (No pervy stuff was in-game) and the fact she looked like anything but a girl wasn't in the game. There'll probably be more examples but I'll skip them as there was no pervy stuff in the game so just assume any pervy stuff you see is manga-only.

4. Fantranslations of names being shit. "Arbel" instead of "Albel", "Fate" instead of "Fayt" "Aireglyph" instead of "Airyglyph" being a few examples. "Heraldric" weapon instead of "Runological Weapon" which is STUPID since its based off of their magic, which is called "Runeology" which is another version of the standard "Symbology" which is the magic of the series! I may skip other examples for the sake of not getting redundant. In fact it seems like almost every name of everything is wrong UGH. Seahart? the fuck is that? AQUARIA DAMMIT!

5. Mirage saving them in the castle. In the game she stayed in the ship at first.

6. Fayt magical angel based spell and Nel questioning where they are from happening a lot sooner. Nel of course finds out where they are from sooner due to this. Though he DID faint around that time in the original, but it wasn't made clear what the reason was in the game.

7. More of the short racoon-tailed/eared people (Menodix as the race is called) doing things when in the game they weren't even intorduced this soon, let alone ever enemies. (Not really anyways. Roger became an ally later on but that's dif)

8. They never told their guide what they were, thus they rode the haller/turtle no problem.

9. the whole scene with trying to escape at night never happened.

10. the entire subplot of Tynae and Farleen doing something with a Mansion in weird outfits never happened.

Finished reading chapter 0 and the differences piss me off so I'm not ready anymore for now, IF I do read any more ever. Mostly the differences boil down to a crap-ton of filler involing those Mendix and random anime pervertedness that feels forced and unnecessary. (and not as funny as intended)

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:50 pm

ZZZ still waiting for husk lord..

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Well he's posted but his post seemed kinda like an "FU" to Ark imo lol.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:23 am

And then there were two. What's with all of these soloing people? I get so bored soloing and MMO. I thought that was the point of it being online. Maybe its just me, but I can't stand playing an online game alone. Its so droll lol. I guess its just Gabriel and Ark left.
There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:54 am

Well Jessica (Max) doesn't always solo. In fact he only does it when he has to, as he's a social person. My other character Nathaniel (Alice) solo's but I plan to try to find a way to change that and her to just be a "former soloer" or whatever the term would be.

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:29 am

I personally solo when i can because i tend to slow down - I kinda make a In-game schedule with myself on MMO's and personal goals and usually until the goals are met i solo it through depending which is faster for me. Like FFXIV - the game in my signature. I basically solo'd a bit until 40-45 and then partied the rest of the way. I'm soloing right now on crafting too but yeah. In this case though - It's my character's personality, Claudette is naturally a loner but she isn't a asshole type - She follows her goals and just feels at the moment she'll be slowed down trying to party and such. Not only that but granted her crafting level was damn high enough to make a her next/best tiered katana with upgrades. So she's fighting to get that back - Her personality of course will change as the story progresses even if it may be awhile because if she didn't that would be bad character progression.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:48 pm

oh btw, I don't know if I ever specified, but both my characters are in their early twenties. Don't think I did so I might update that in my bios...if I feel like it >.>

Also, I updated the levels list to have a naming system as well.
star-ocean-online-t75454.html#p1747403

edit: I'm also excited to see that not only is someone else in Airyglyph (I thought everyone but Alice was in Aquaria) but its the person she wants to someday fight lol

EDIT: made several updates to the Maps and Enemies thread, and its not even close to done @_@ so stressful, so much work. But ah well, what can you do? Either way, there you guys go. I'll do more later, when I feel like it. :I

EDIT: Is it just me or has this RP slowed to a crawl?

Sephiroth89
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!