Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty

OOC General Discussion Area

a part of “Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty”, a fictional universe by VindicatedPurpose.

Nebula's Dawn Series Part II: The Arcturus System is the very fringe of colonized space, here rests many mysteries to be discovered, alongside many conflicts to be fought. [Paused]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: OOC General Discussion Area

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:45 am

Sorry about the sudden disappearance again. Had to repair an entire server room because of some decision my bosses made. -.-'

Anyways, I made my post, but forgot to put down the location. -.-
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:46 pm

By the way guys, (Redred33mer and conspicuousconartist) the city is Atmos, so you might want to correct the typo. I'm currently working on a reply to your post R.T.M.X.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:42 am

Would you like to make a joint post Vindi? in the interest of synchronizing our watches my computer claims that upon posting this message the time in your area was 04:35, can you please confirm?

My time upon posting this message was 11:35 so assuming i am correct about your time we can use this message to synchronize our efforts to locate one another.

Assuming a -7 time in relation to your side i will be available today in 21:00-24:00 my local time meaning an assumed 14:00-17:00 on your local time.

I could stretch my time to 02:00 my local time meaning 19:00 on your local time but I rather not conflict with my current sleeping patters if possible.

I am unsure about tomorrow as of yet but i will provide more information when is available.

If you have any particular time in mind for tomorrow if you are available i will attempt to influence my schedule accordingly.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:07 am

Hmmmm.

Sorry if it seemed like I disappeared, i have just been dealing with some RL stuff.

Anyways, is The Salient docked yet? I have some ideas for Reterec, but most of them require the Salient being docked and it's crew being allowed off the ship. :3

Bah. I feel like i am forgetting something else I meant to type here. >.>
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:07 pm

4:42, so you're fairly close. I'll be in the Write Pad, Colonel, from about 15:30-24:00 my time. So that would be about 22:30-07:00 your time. So anytime you're available during that period, we can write together today, or in your case, tonight.

At the moment, nobody's allowed off ship officially, but what were your ideas Baneling?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:14 am

Okay, sorry not been here, I'd been lying if it was because been busy well I have just not in typical sense, if you are willing to overlook this, I can post as Silver Eyes otherwise I am stuck...
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:01 pm

You know what, yeah go ahead.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:20 pm

Sorry for not posting anything yet Vindi, Internet has been giving me trouble and Passover ambushed me forcing me to spend a day eating food i don't like in a place with no internet whatsoever.

I will try putting up something, maybe a Jean post you can respond to considering Helen for the time being has nothing to do but make her own investigation and sign more warrants of execution then normal.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:21 am

It's alright, how's recruitment so far? Have you dodged them well?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:32 pm

darn, I just don't know what to write here hmm... I am still waiting for a post from Max to do with Iru's breach into security and Helen has nothing to do at the moment.

With Jean its a black out at the moment but ill try to force myself into posting something respectable.

What recruitment? IDF? well i rather not discuss that because i am still waiting for the results and i would not want to "open my mouth to the devil" so to speak XD

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:45 am

I have FINALLY managed to post.

This time I wanted to reflect Jean's alternative motives on GX and decided to create a cache of black market goods which he trades with smugglers. My thought is that while the base was being put up Jean left for a "scouting" mission into the interference area where he built his "establishment".

Among the caves are the Alien ruins however Jean has not discovered these since the cave network is quite large. As he leaves the caves he witnesses the storms threatening arrival and attempts to reach the camp before its above the area. I guess he would encounter Roman and whomever is with him by this point and as the winds get stronger they will be forced to take cover in the caves.

Jean would probably share his cave supplies but he will try to hide his cache from these people if at all possible. The cache is currently disguised as old containers in the appearance of a long abandoned storage room but the content of this boxes is quite apparent should anyone choose to open the secondary compartment of the otherwise innocent looking inside of the decayed containers.

Should things turn to the worst I do not think Jean will act violently but his hand may be forced into action in an extreme case.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:56 am

Looks very nice by the way. I suppose I'll get to work detailing Roman and the others.

Everything looks great so far guys.

Now I understand things have been going really slow as of late, and I'd like to apologize, I've been very busy lately. But know that I am still in this.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:05 am

Hey, I am still here too. Il try to get a post up soon, but I have been ambushed, side tracked, and overwhelmed quite a bit these last few weeks. Not only did RL shit get real, but Dead Space 3 AND HotS came out!

So yeah, il try to get a post out soon.

And again, if you need me to post sooner or what not, freaking PM me. Don't hesitate! It is usually the best way to get my attention!

Usually.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Posted with Iru, sorry to keep you waiting Squishy.

I think the roleplay is suffering from what I term "Character interaction dimensional disorder" which translates into; there is too much space and what I term "interaction bubbles" and too few characters interacting together to progress the roleplay at a steadier pace.

In the previous roleplay all the characters apart from herr Bismarck where placed on the Salient and therefor while interaction bubbles took place these remained sub bubbles all connected to the one whole which was the salient.

With the Salient no longer the center of the roleplay we have allowed ourselves to scatter into planets and location and therefor limit our character interaction potential to clearly defined and separate bubbles of interaction. The time bubbles we have been making have set different time scales thus creating even more interaction bubbles and are in my opinion further fragmenting the roleplay.

we might want to consider concluding them as soon as possible.

Helen for example is unable to interact with any character since all the other characters currently present on NS are in another timescale and have their own bubble of interaction. Jean has only Roman to interact with and since Vindi is currently rloccupied Jean has no possible interaction apart from on another time scale which I am afraid might fragment the role-play even further.

I understand some of us might be busy from time to time however with such small interaction bubbles each time one of us takes his leave we are left with a "dead bubble" where no interaction takes place. The less active the role-play becomes in this way the more the waiting role-players will begin to take upon themselves other activates and begin to lose interest and even forget the role-play.

This is a process which actually happens in many roleplay's and is in my opinion the number one cause of death… or if you like a fancy term; CIFSP, character interaction fragmentation and stagnation process. The fact that we avoided this in the first Salient roleplay is very commendable indeed. I would love to see this roleplay carry on and I am sure many of us here are of the same mind however I must tell you here and now that this is not the way forward.

I suggest that we recenter the roleplay ether on the Salient or on New Sydney.
We are trying too much with toolittle, which is the problem we now face gentlemen. We must unite out efforts and the interactions of our characters or we risk the death of this roleplay. We cannot afford to spread out this roleplay any further; all roads must lead to "Rome".

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Be advised I am changing Helen's last post, I deemed it too out of character and against her story Arch for her to order the shootings and I am therefor putting the dirty work on an NPC.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon May 13, 2013 5:18 am

Vind has posted! I will try to post soon enough as well, Colonel, just dealing with the fallout from the SATs and such.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon May 13, 2013 8:08 pm

Fallout from the what? SATs?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Alright, status update.

In a couple of days I will be graduating from high school, so it's been pretty hectic for me lately. So I must acknowledge the lull in activity, which I suppose was brought on by my inactivity as of late.

But I'll probably say that this RP is far from dead, and whether or not Part III will come to fruition depends on whether or not we finish this one.

Anyway, with summer coming along, I might have more or less free time, it just depends.

Now, whoever still wishes to remain a part of this, you may do so. Whoever wishes to leave, you may do that as well. Like I stated in the rules, it was your decision to join, and it will be your decision to leave.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:13 am

I'm just waiting for the part of where people start posting again...

Because school sucks.

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:40 pm

At present, I think I'm going to say that we've hit a dead-end. This RP is done.

However, I think I'm going to reboot this and make modifications to sidestep the potholes that landed us in this situation. Because frankly, I still like this story, and I still see its potential. The doors are open to anybody who wants to come back or anybody who wants to help me re-design this.

- VP

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!