Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty

OOC General Discussion Area

a part of “Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty”, a fictional universe by VindicatedPurpose.

Nebula's Dawn Series Part II: The Arcturus System is the very fringe of colonized space, here rests many mysteries to be discovered, alongside many conflicts to be fought. [Paused]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: OOC General Discussion Area

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:20 pm

I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Lol. Andy Samberg is frickin' hilarious.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DustAndEchoes on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:26 am

Thanks for the bday wish vind. Be back as soon as I can. Computer died hardcore, this is on my phone. Sorry.

DustAndEchoes
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Congratulations Dust! :D

Also, I'm waiting for another post from Endgame so I can carry on with Isaac and the battle with his character. :) Just so you know that I haven't left or anything. xP

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:58 pm

@Dust It's alright, things happen. You're welcome.

@Sib So Endgame and I agreed you should join him in the Pad and work on the following scene together, seeing as how both of your characters are there jointly. I'll uh...sort of be playing a supervisory role.
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 am

Sorry for the lack of activity, I got hit by midterms and college related things.

Currently getting back into things and playing Catch Up. I don't have the time to read all the posts right now though.

So anyways, Vind, we should probably do a colab post in the near future, and start the meeting if we have not already.

Colonel and Dust, if you have not already, K-9 should probably be reported so we can squeeze him into it.

Rulke, your still crazy.

I think I covered everything. I think. I probably missed something actually, but I am sure one of you will remind me.

Now, let's get back on track!
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DustAndEchoes on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:34 am

Alright, computer is breathing again, if on life support. I'm sorry about that. No idea what happened, yet, but I'm beginning to suspect the motherboard.

I'm going to read through, but I take it from the above posts my next post should involve the big brief?

DustAndEchoes
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:23 pm

Not yet, we need to wrap up the interrogation first, and then head on to the funeral, I want the briefing to be after the funeral for convenience's sake.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:56 pm

Just a cool feature I found, not sure if anyone else noticed. When you type your post in the posting box, there is a preview box under it that allows you to preview your post. It works in real time, meaning after you type up a letter, a word, or a line, a couple of seconds later it will appear in the preview box. Works really nice.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:08 pm

Frankly...I just thought this was very funny.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jTlvkSBtj5Q/TOCP9oB-KyI/AAAAAAAAACo/5ZuumSpU9cg/s1600/ecownomics.jpg

Here's the Enron Venture Capitalism, because you can't see it with the poster.

ENRON VENTURE CAPITALISM
You have two cows.
You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows. The milk rights of the six cows are transferred via an intermediary to a Cayman Island Company secretly owned by the majority shareholder who sells the rights to all seven cows back to your listed company. The annual report says the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more. You sell one cow to buy a new president of the United States, leaving you with nine cows. No balance sheet provided with the release. The public then buys your bull.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

Okay, so here's our situation. It seems like all the spots that we needed have been filled, so I might close the gates soon.

Angelfire has had technical troubles so she won't be able to post for Alice, and frankly, rather than choke our plot in that hole, we're going to go ahead and continue to Day Two for the present moment storyline.

My fellow GMs, Colonel_Masters, and Uncertainly are out. Baneling seems to be busy. Smokescreen is off the radar, and I'm going under the assumption that he will be indefinitely, which means his character - Doctor Marcus Bergman is free for anyone to play as an NPC so to speak.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Yeah, sorry, I have been fielding requests on and off the board, from here and real life. If I am desperately needed, message me, and that should get my attention to priority work here. I was finishing up the post midterm slaughterfest, and recovering from shock.

Now, Vind, I think we are getting far enough to where we should summarize what has happened so far from this page to the start. I think its time to highlight key events and such that we are revolving plots around.

My suggestions anyways. To help keep things straight.

And I really need to post, I am aware of this.

Oh, I see ADAM was adopted. Oh well...well, we could still have him stolen :3

Anyways, just letting you all know I am still alive. :D Give me a heads up of anything i need to do!

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Just some clarification, the frigates are crewed with a team of anywhere from six to twelve people.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Sorry for my total lack of posting for the past few weeks I've been swamped with coursework and just had a couple of extra work come in so I've been spending most of my time on those, I intend to post again for Lionel tomorrow.
Million to one chances, crop up nine times out of ten.

The thing about stories is that you have to pick the ones that last.

If all the world's a stage, then the techies must be gods!

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mlijn12 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:07 am

VindicatedPurpose wrote:Just some clarification, the frigates are crewed with a team of anywhere from six to twelve people.

That's utterly ridiculous! 12 people to run an entire space faring vessel...where did you get those numbers? Walking around the Normandy on Mass Effect and counted? You would need 12 people alone on the bridge to handle operations there. Then engineering personnel, Repair crews, security crews, shield technicians, Gunnery crews and not to mention more than a few to operate the stealth system. I just don't know where/how you got that number?

mlijn12
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:57 am

You're forgetting to count onboard AI.

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mlijn12 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:36 pm

Even with AI that is still too few of people. Here are the physical attributes i sent Vin when he asked my to flesh out the Stealth frigates.

Classification: Frigate(6th Rate Ship of the Line/ Stealth Capable)
Length: 140m (450 ft)
Height: 22m (72 ft)
Width: 80m (262 ft)
Crew: 50 Crewmen, 15 Non-Commissioned officers, 10 Officers

...okay lets say you add your AI and take away 10 crewman, 5 NCos, and 5 officers. That's a 'respectable' 55 man crew, but to say the AI can handle to work of 63 people is preposterous. Now on a massive ship like the Salient yeah..you would need an AI that powerful to handle the amount of moving parts and people, but on a ship of this size to have AI do that much work is just asking for disaster.

mlijn12
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Who said anything about just one AI? There could be multiple AIs on board, each designated for specific duties. The human crew would just need engineers to monitor the systems in case if one goes down, and they could be doubled over in other fields as well.

But what if he's only talking about the CIC, and isn't including the engineers, electricians, and the like?

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Well, it really depends on what each frig commander wants. A number of AI handling things, or a majority human crew. What would you guys prefer?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 pm

@ Turtlesoup

I've got a sort of reply post in the works in the Pad, you should go check it out and see what we could do from there. I'm thinking Lionel could fall drunk, and have Nadd carry him to his house. What do you think?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!