Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Doom Wars

Doom Wars

a part of “Doom Wars”, a fictional universe by The Soul one.

A battleship of humankind finds a wormhole to a different part of the galaxy where a war of massive proportions is taking place, and the human's first alien friends are losing.[DEAD]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Doom Wars”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Doom Wars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Mon May 27, 2013 12:14 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Doom Wars"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
I used to be nice... Then I got bored.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Doom Wars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Mon May 27, 2013 12:33 am

send me a pm when you are done, and I will create a character.
"There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign." Sovereign, Mass Effect

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evolutionofshadow on Mon May 27, 2013 4:57 am

same here, as soon as you finish character sheet please pm me

evolutionofshadow
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Tue May 28, 2013 6:54 am

This looks soooooo awesome! :D I'll be joining!

Love,

Scar x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Tue May 28, 2013 10:36 am

Yeah, I've been putting thoughts into this kind of thing for about... ten years now? Never occurred to me that I could do something like this until now.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Tue May 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Hey guys!

Sorry it took so long but I was working on two profiles. I just couldn't have one without the other! Hope you all like the girls! ;P

Love,

Scar x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Tue May 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Perfectly fine, I enjoyed reading them. You seem to have a good grasp on how this world will work. both approved!
Just waiting on Evolutionshadow to put one in, then we can start.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Tue May 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Awwwwwweeesommme! :D Seriously can't wait!

Mwah! x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Tue May 28, 2013 7:14 pm

and something I'd like to add; I've been trying to write a book about this for about five years, but I never got the character's right... So, in all technicalities, you will be helping me write a book! XD

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Tue May 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Firstly: I am to assume that this book is strictly non-profit, correct?

Secondly: still need a brain in a jar?

DeBois_Scarlett: if you wouldn't mind, assuming I do join, I might wish to work with you on an idea I have...

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Wed May 29, 2013 7:10 am

@NewKidOnTheBlock, by all means I would love to work on any idea with you, although I would also like to know if this book is non-profit too as I do not want my work on here and my ideas published.

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Wed May 29, 2013 10:21 am

non profit, of course. i'm not a douche bag (okay, maybe a little, if I'm in a bad mood, but still not even then not that bad!). If I want it to be profit, I'll ask first. If even one person says no, it stays non-profit.

brain in a jar is simply an idea, it's not necessary at all. Just a thought I had that it would simply be easier to have a brain run everything rather than pay over a thousand workers to simply push buttons. easier to protect, and allows more space for combat and maintenance workers. I can have an npc do that if you don't feel like it.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Wed May 29, 2013 10:34 am

I actually never considered making money off it in the first place... I just wanted to write a good book.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Wed May 29, 2013 10:37 am

LOL! Well alright then! ;P

And as for the brain in the jar idea, it would make sense that in a sci-fi RP with a space ship like the Valhalla that a central computer system would be incharge of the major functions and running of the space craft, although there would of course be the pilots, crew and maintenance works on board still. Something along the lines of Artificial Life Internal Computing Environment or ALICE for short and it can have a woman's voice or something. Just an idea :D

x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Wed May 29, 2013 11:35 am

Still can't wait for this to start! Hope it's soon! :D

x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Wed May 29, 2013 11:57 am

Started, dive right in!

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Wed May 29, 2013 1:44 pm

I already had an idea of what I was going to do, but thanks for the idea. As to being a brain in a jar, seeing as I have no idea how often I can be on, I think it would be the best for my situation.

As to starting: FHECHFBSNDAMNIT.

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Shit! Sorry posted under the wrong tab, I'm always doing that :S

x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Wed May 29, 2013 2:27 pm

don't worry, I assumed that a couple of people would be a little late. so I'll just have you and anyone else new just jump in the middle of the action. besides, nothing is really happening yet.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Thu May 30, 2013 11:37 am

Ok so this looks awesome! I should have a character sheet up sometime today :] I'm currently in the process of making the Commanding Officer for the ground squad. I'd like to have both Octavia and Aidon under my command in order to keep the soldiers together and posting fluid. If anyone has any problem with this please let me know before I finish creating the cs so I don't waste my time. I know the CO of the troopers is no doubt a big responsibility but I assure you I can handle the role and I feel like it would serve better to have a writer fill the needed role of CO than an npc. Either the way the writers most affected by me taking the position and rank that comes along with it would be Scarlett and Shadow, if either of you feel uncomfortable with me taking the role just say the word.
I should go.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!