Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Age Is But A Number

Age Is But A Number

a part of “Age Is But A Number”, a fictional universe by lizardheartstring.

When you're granted the power of time, you're granted the power of either change, duty, or death. {[MORE INFO INSIDE]}

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Age Is But A Number”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Age Is But A Number

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lizardheartstring on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:59 pm

@pyrotechron, Yes, your idea is absolutely perfect. I was hoping someone would go that route with their character. You can even make him a spy, if you like. He is reserved :)

@phoenix_lynx, yes, Sandara seems great so far :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lizardheartstring
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cassiopeia on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Greetings and salutations. I'd like to reserve Deborah Ann Woll and Tom Felton please?

First of all, my female character. She's completely reckless because she's lost her taste for life. Everything now is just to push the limits, to try and cheat death. She seems to go looking or pain, almost. She's got a rather burning personality, and is known to be smart-mouthed, yet charming. A definite flirt. She's bitterly honest when it comes to other people, able to read people easily, if sometimes bluntly and shallowly, but knows she has to work on telling other people what she, herself, is like, rather than defensively describing only what she can see in other people.

Now for my male. He's smart, cunning, even. Manipulative with a knack for lies, could sell someone anything and have them begging for more. Clumsy on his feet, terrible at sports. Builds up his anger until it blows and he goes absolutely crazy. After his mother died, his father would take him to the graveyard and let him play among the dead while he sobbed at her headstone, changing the flowers every day before they would wither.

My favourite period of time is/was Greece from the eighth the the sixth century BC, also known the time of the Ancient Greeks. Mostly the mythology interests me, but also the political and social advancements during that time period.
{ Call me Cass}

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cassiopeia
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dango on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:51 pm

I really hope I'm doing this right, Lord have mercy on the n00bs ;-;

I'd like to reserve two slots; Colton Haynes of the Watchers and Sierra Kusterbeck of the Stretchers?

I must say, this is an interesting roleplay. I made a time-travel based rp a while back, and last I posted, the crew was in Ancient Greece. Which also happens to be my favorite era.

Dango
Member for 10 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lizardheartstring on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:36 pm

@Cassiopeia, done and done.
@Dango, Both reserved for you. I never knew so many people liked ancient Greece. Which is awesome, because ancient Greece is awesome.

lizardheartstring
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cassiopeia on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:38 am

Could I possibly change the Deborah Ann Woll FC to Yvonne Strahovski?

EDIT: I'm really annoying, I know, , but could I swap my Tom Felton reserve for Luke Pasqualino?

Cassiopeia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:57 pm

Thank you for letting me use FC Gabriella Wilde, I should have her CS done by tomorrow at the latest. I was also wondering if I could reserve FC Kellan Lutz, I was hoping to make them brother and sister :)

Also, question: Do the charms allow them to speak whatever language is spoken in the time they travel to or do they have to learn the languages the normal way?

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lizardheartstring on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:16 pm

@Cassiopeia, Yvonne works for me, and I'll change it. I'll also switch your reservation no prob. ^-^

@Cloud, Your welcome and no prob! Thanks for showing interest in this roleplay. To answer your question- unfortunately, they'd have to learn the language manually. :/ Charms don't alter the people's personality or intelligence, but they can alter things like appearance and weapons. Some charms can even give brief descriptions of people or places. Hope that helped! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)

lizardheartstring
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hereliethefallen on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:24 pm

@lizardheartstring: I've also got a question, actually. Would it be fair to say that the Watches have had classes in the languages of the past/were split into different groups as according to different time periods so that their "agents"- or whatever you wish to call them- fit into the time periods they have to go to better? Or probably some time travelers have observed the different eras long enough so that they can speak a rudimentary level of the language of the time era they go to?

hereliethefallen
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lizardheartstring on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:36 pm

@hereliethefallen, Absolutely! It takes three years of training to become a Watcher. I'm sure part of the training would be learning how to speak a variety of languages. Even if it wasn't part of the training, it would still be encouraged throughout the organization.

lizardheartstring
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cassiopeia on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Could you possibly extend my reservation by a day or two?

Cassiopeia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lizardheartstring on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:45 pm

@Cassiopeia, since you asked, I will. :)

lizardheartstring
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:55 am

I still have a few adjustments to make but there is my first character, and Lizard I think there was slight confusion on the reserve I wanted to take my reservation off of Summer Glau and make it for Shiloh Fernandez ...but hmm I am debating now because I kind of what to make a stretcher character, may I reserve Marlon Teixeira instead, I am sorry about changing this
There is a sacredness in tears....They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.

Washington Irving

girlwt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:40 am

Hello, I'm new to the role playing community so please tell me if I do anything wrong. Um, I really like the complexity of this role play without it being a novel. That being you might as well just written a book instead of a role play. Do I make any sense? Anyway, back to the matter on hand. May I reserve Natalie Dormer's FC?

My favorite time period is from 1836-1901 which is the Victorian Era. I would say the Edwardian Era, but personally I think Queens are cooler.

I would make Natalie someone rather apathetic toward life and all things that don't involve her. Although, there are some exceptions. There are always expectations. She's self-centered, yet willing to do anything to achieve her goal. And with a no strings attacked kind of mentality one can obviously see she is very compassionate toward her far and few between lovers. While she doesn't care for the population as a whole, those close to her are very dear even if she doesn't show it properly.

This is the basic outline I have of her, she still needs some fleshing out obviously, but it's a start right? Please tell me if you think there needs to be any tweeks. :]
Perhaps

Verix
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lizardheartstring on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:45 pm

@girlwt, Sure thing! Sorry about the confusion!

@Verix, yes you may, and thank you ^-^ Welcome to roleplaygateway!

lizardheartstring
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pyrotechron on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:17 pm

So sorry for the absence! My computer went out for a few days, and for some reason I couldn't get the site to work on my phone. :/

Going to start working on my character profile today, with the FC of Jamie Bell.
The pointless point: Reality.

pyrotechron
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenix_lynx on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:23 am

Perhaps doing a relationship thread it good as it also keeps everyone active. I'd assume doing a relationship thread within the specific group is better because some characters won't know each other well or at all if they're in a different group. I hope I'm making sense. XD
When snow melts, what does it become?

phoenix_lynx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Inspiration Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:01 pm

I'd be keen for a relationship thread. As phoenix said everyone within the same group would know each other, so it'd be important getting those relationships sorted. It would also allow for other relationships between members of opposing groups of be established if any exist - some characters might have run into other groups throughout their travels etc.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lizardheartstring on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:36 pm

Due to outdated reservations, these face claims are now open:

Ben Whishaw
Ashley Greene
Jamie Chung

Since a few of you have convinced me, I will be making a relationship thread. If your character is a WIP, you might want to finish up, because we will be starting soon.

lizardheartstring
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:04 am

I am done, probably just some coding things, but the character information is all there

girlwt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if I could reserve face claim first choice Shiloh Fernandez and if not him, River Viiperi.

My favorite time period would be ancient Greece.

I'll post a description of my character once I'm home in 3 hours if that's okay? I'm at work right now. I wanted to reserve a spot but I'm on my phone. I can even have a character sheet posted by tonight.

Chandz
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!