Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Superhero Squad

Relationship Thread

a part of “Superhero Squad”, a fictional universe by unicorns.are.real.

The superheroes of Violet City are all blessed with odd and strange abilities and they are the only ones stopping the city from being overrun with villains.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Superhero Squad”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Relationship Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:17 pm

All right, I think most people preferred to do this in a thread, so here it is.

The code is pretty basic, I like to think of it as keeping it minimal. I also added in a spot for you to mention in like a couple words where your character lives. I just thought it would be a handy to spot, for people to be able to quickly check whether or not your character lives at either teams' hangout. Now go nuts.

Code: Select all
[center][img]image%20of%20superhero%20name[/img]
[img]image%20or%20gif%20of%20character[/img]
[size=140]Team | Power | Name | Where your character lives[/size][/center]
[size=190][b]Superheroes[/b][/size]
[size=140]:Connor Mason ~ [b]Scorch[/b][/size] ~ [i]“brief thoughts.”[/i]
Brief description.

[size=140]:Eris Jackson ~ [b]Psychic[/b][/size] ~ [i]“brief thoughts.”[/i]
Brief description.

[size=140]:Rebecca Hotchner ~ [b]TBA[/b][/size] ~ [i]“brief thoughts.”[/i]
Brief description.

[size=140]:Sang-hyeok (Eric) Shin ~ [b]Nightcrawler[/b][/size] ~ [i]“brief thoughts.”[/i]
Brief description.

[size=140]:Alex and Maxwell Rovin ~ [b]Gizmo[/b][/size] ~ [i]“brief thoughts.”[/i]
Brief description.

[size=140]:Arwen Emry ~ [b]TBA[/b][/size] ~ [i]“brief thoughts.”[/i]
Brief description.

[size=190][b]Supervillains [/b][/size]
[size=140]:James Jenkins ~ [b]Bloodmaster[/b][/size] ~ [i]“brief thoughts.”[/i]
Brief description.

[size=140]:Riley Walsh ~ [b]Freak[/b][/size] ~ [i]“brief thoughts.”[/i]
Brief description.

[size=140]:Caclia (Melody Archer) ~ [b]Hellfire[/b][/size] ~ [i]“brief thoughts.”[/i]
Brief description.

[size=190][b]Other [/b][/size]
[size=140]:[b]Amaryllis Lancaster [/b][/size] ~ [i]“brief thoughts.”[/i]
Brief description.
Last edited by unicorns.are.real on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Relationship Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:31 pm

Superhero | Fire Manipulation | Connor Mason | Superhero Complex

Superheroes
:Eris Jackson ~ Psychic ~ “I love having Eris around, I always begged my parents for a younger sibling.”
When Eris and Connor met they were both without family. So of course Connor took her in and treated her like the little sibling he always begged his parents for. She plays the part well too, being very cute and cuddly when she wants to, but also being a serious pain other times. Though sometimes he can be a bit too protective of her, always wanting to keep Eris safe.

:Rebecca Hotchner ~ 0G ~ “If you look closely you'll notice she doesn't hate the Squad as much as she pretends too.”
Connor was the one who recruited Rebecca, and he believes she is a great addition to the team. Though he often pushes her to hang out with the group a bit more, and to stop being withdrawn. He believes she wants to be apart of the group more than she lets on. Connor is more than happy to go rock climbing with her any time, and she makes a good workout buddy.

:Sang-hyeok (Eric) Shin ~ Nightcrawler ~ “I just wish he'd out the same amount of effort into the Squad as he did in his civilian life.”
Connor's whole life is the Squad, and well Eric, he tends to prioritise his fame over the Squad, which drives Connor nuts. Connor wants to Squad to be a family, and Eric seems to not want much to do with the other members. Connor has stopped Eric from killing before, and he'd begrudgingly save Eric's ass any day of the week if he had to. He suspects Eric feels the same, but neither of them would ever say it.

:Alex and Maxwell Rovin ~ Gizmo ~ “They're just boys.”
Alex and Max are just little troublesome little brothers Connor feels the need to look after. They may be the smartest in the Squad, but to Connor they are just kids first. Meaning he treats them like his younger brothers, happy to muck about with them and play around, but he also feels it falls to him to be in charge of them. Unlike Eris they haven't spent much time having to fend for themselves, So Connor feels more responsible for them. He breaks up their fights, sets guidelines so their gadgets and inventions don't destroy the place, makes sure their fed, etc.

:Arwen Emry ~ Crimson Dawn ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

Supervillains
:James Jenkins ~ Bloodmaster ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

:Riley Walsh ~ Freak ~“brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

:Caclia (Melody Archer) ~ Hellfire ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

Other
:Amaryllis Lancaster ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.
Last edited by unicorns.are.real on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:10 am

Superheroes | Reptile Traits | Sang-hyeok "Eric" Shin | His Apartment (although he's been spending more time at the Superhero Complex)

Superheroes
:Connor Mason ~ Scorch ~ “Scorch is alright. He's gone a bit delusional with the messiah complex but whatever.”
They're polar opposites with something of a common goal. Where Connor thinks Eric is too loose, Eric thinks he's uptight. Not to mention that Connor first saved him when Eric was about to hurt people with his newfound powers. They may place their priorities on different things; however, they both agree that stopping supervillains is something that they need to do. At the end of the day they'd save each other's ass even if they might not admit it.

:Eris Jackson ~ Psychic ~ “Kids will be kids. Doesn't mean I have to like them.”
Being a child, they don't have much in common and Sang-hyeok doesn't go out of his way to interact with her. If they do have some time to talk he'll usually shrug or tell her lies if she ever asks questions about his life. She usually knows he's lying and he knows she knows, but it doesn't stop him from telling tall tales with a straight face.

:Rebecca Hotchner ~ 0G (Zero Gravity) ~ “Her name is fitting seeing as my head wants to float away whenever we speak.”
She might be a pretty face but he thinks she's boring and that her sour attitude is unneeded.

:Sang-hyeok (Eric) Shin ~ Nightcrawler ~ “I'm the cool version of Spider-Man.”
He thinks he's pretty cool, although if there were ever a comic written he would have to change a few things.

:Alex and Maxwell Rovin ~ Gizmo ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

:Arwen Emry ~ TBA ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

Supervillains
:James Jenkins ~ Bloodmaster ~ “You aren't yourself when you're sober. Have a brownie.”
They have something of a "civilian truce." Though no one else knows it (and he sure as fuck wouldn't think about it in Eris's presence), the two take drugs and occasionally party with one another because let's be honest, it's not easy meeting another super who is cool with ignoring sides. Sang-hyeok typically doesn't focus him when they fight unless he needs to, although if either attack each other all bets are off. He doesn't really consider him a friend so much as a sympathetic acquaintance.

:Riley Walsh ~ Freak ~ Watch this video.
Riley and Sang-hyeok used to be friends, great friends who were total opposites. Where Eric beamed confidence Ri shrunk like a violet. Where Eric loved EDM and raves, Riley banged his head to metal. Still, when they met they hit it off and became buddies. Sang-hyeok enjoyed Riley's company, but grew tired of the villain's insecurities. He always needed reassurance that he wasn't a bother or a terrible person and it weighed on Sang-hyeok. He began straying and eventually fulfilled the prophecy that Riley laid out by leaving the young man behind.

Brief description.

Other
:Amaryllis Lancaster ~ “Lovely woman.”
To say she's his savior would be an overstatement, but she helped quite a bit with his growing pains. She was assigned as his case worker and to this day she still helps him regarding his powers as well as finding out what exactly mutated his body. He still has a nagging feeling she'll rat him out to the government, but trusts her enough to divulge his exploits.
Last edited by ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenix_lynx on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:12 pm

{ || Superhero || Gravity Manipulation || Superhero Complex || }

Superheroes

:Connor Mason ~ Scorch ~ “I respect him greatly, not that I would let him know that.”
Since it was Connor who finally convinced Rebecca to join the squad, she knew him before all the others. Although she has a secret fear of fire which isn't exactly helpful in aiding their friendship, Rebecca quietly respects the leader of the team. Occasionally they do work out together, usually competing through rock climbing where she finds herself most comfortable.

:Eris Jackson ~ Psychic ~ “She's like the annoying little sister I've always wished for.”
Rebecca has always wanted a younger sister and so Eris has taken that place without her even realising. Her older sisters have never been so sisterly so these whole sisterly thing is new for her. Although Eris can be a little bit of a troublemaker, forever stealing her make up and clothes [even though they are a few sizes too big], not to mention playing pranks on her, Rebecca secretly finds these moments almost normal, something she craves.

:Rebecca Hotchner ~ 0G ~ “I can be bit of a bitch huh?”
Rebecca has neutral feelings for herself, she doesn't exactly hate herself but loving herself is also not her. If anything she had a long struggle with accepting her superpower, after all she wonders whether she'd be able to fit in with her family without it and be a normal adult with normal problems. But then again when she did accept it, Rebecca realised how normal is overrated and perhaps she doesn't fit in with her family because hey, they aren't her biological family and what the heck? She isn't even an earthling?

:Sang-hyeok (Eric) Shin ~ Nightcrawler ~ “He's cute.”
Rebecca isn't that close with the guy but she sure knows that he's attractive so that's something. She finds him tolerable to be around.

:Alex and Maxwell Rovin ~ Gizmo ~ “Ah yes the boys. Well they help me quite a bit with my research.”
If anything Rebecca is quite curious about the two and finds them to be a key asset to her research into her birth planet. Since they are both extremely young, she has the tendency to watch over them, although from a distance due to her withdrawn nature. As they both seem helpful and interested in her own goals, Rebecca has not trouble with the two, although when they quarrel it does give her a headache.

:Arwen Emry ~ Crimson Dawn ~ “Well I'm not entirely close to the Crimson Dawn since he disappears on us.”
The two hold a great deal of similarities which has brought about a mutual respect and understanding for one another. While Rebecca is curious about the one who always disappears, her relationship with Arwen is on pretty good terms regardless.

Supervillains

:John Doe ~ Dominus ~ “Let's just say we aren't your typical hating superhero and villain.”
Rebecca happened to first meet John at a lovely cafe where both their identities were unknown. As someone who's always wanted to travel, she for the first time was eager to make a friend to tell stories abut the world. This became a weekly meet up where the two conversed, her with her black coffee and him with his wimpy sugar filled tea. It was extremely awkward therefore when she found out that John so happened to be on the opposite team, and not only that but he was the mastermind so to speak. Although this of course begged the question whether they'd continue on with their friendship but Rebecca hardly cared, after all she had met him without knowing his identity and right after joining the squad. And anyway she strictly separates work from pleasure.

:James Jenkins ~ Bloodmaster ~ “Another cutie.”
Honestly Rebecca hasn't met the guy too many times and when she has it has been during combat or an awkward position like that. But on occasion when she's off duty at a bar, she sometimes sees James and when she wants fun, she'll get it. Of course this has nothing to do with the squad and rather it tends to be a one time thing.

:Riley Walsh ~ Freak ~ “Quite a sad alias to have honestly.”
Rebecca hasn't had many interactions with the guy to form an opinion outside the obvious superhero vs villain thing, but she does know that they may have a few similarities than she first thought. Also she finds his alias to be quite sad, seeing as Freak isn't something used positively by others.

:Caclia (Melody Archer) ~ Hellfire ~ “Yet again fire.”
Rebecca tends to stay away from Melody due to obvious reasons, although by now Melody probably knows about her fear. Regardless of this Rebecca actively tries to face her fears [with the help of Connor] and doesn't shy away when possible from potential fights all because of a trauma she had as a child.

Other

:Amaryllis Lancaster ~ “She is forever patching me up.”
When first meeting her Rebecca completely distanced herself, after all she hates doctors and with all the medical drama she had growing up, she does not need anymore. But after a few conversations and actually getting to know the girl, Rebecca finds her cool, in her own quirky way. And anyway Rebecca is forever hurting herself from her sporty lifestyle especially being reckless with rock climbing or her favourite, roof top jumping; Amaryllis is always there to patch her up, thankfully.
Last edited by phoenix_lynx on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
When snow melts, what does it become?

phoenix_lynx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Inspiration Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanarith on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:37 pm

Superheroes | Psychokinesis | Superhero Complex

Superheroes
:Connor Mason ~ Scorch ~ “He's like a very grown up, very annoying brother.”
Eris was found by Connor, sitting in the middle of a crater blown apart by her own powers. He took her in, and he's become her family. He gave her the love and attention she craved and needed, and Eris replicates it in her own way. She sees him as a brother, and although he can be a bit of a pain to Eris, especially with his rules, she loves him.

:Eris Jackson ~ Psychic ~ “I may not seem much. But I am powerful.”
Eris respects herself. She thinks she can do what she likes though, which is never quite true. She knows her limits but always strives to break her own boundaries. She knows she often bites off more than she can chew, but overall she accepts herself.

:Rebecca Hotchner ~ 0G ~ “She's fun to mess around with.”
Rebecca is the other half to Connor - the sisterly figure in Eris' life. She is forever taking her clothes, and destroying her makeup, and so far, Eris' favourite prank was placing that bucket of water above the door as she walked out of her room. However, Eris often cuddles up with her at night. In addition to this, Rebecca helps Eris with her telekinetic control, as their powers are similar. As much as an annoyance Eris can be, she adores Rebecca and loves her to pieces.

:Sang-hyeok (Eric) Shin ~ Nightcrawler ~ “He's hiding something.”
Eris knows he's hiding something - but it frustrates her that she doesn't know WHAT he's hiding. Most of the time, they stay away from each other. She is just a little kid, and Sang-Hyeok is a superstar.

:Alex and Maxwell Rovin ~ Gizmo ~ “At least they're kinda my age.”
Eris spends a lot of her time with Alex and Max. They're her age and in the same year at school. She feels like she can relate to them due to her intelligence and wonders what they would think if she managed to set up a link between the two.

:Arwen Emry ~ Crimson Dawn ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

Supervillains
:John Doe ~ Dominus ~ "He makes my head hurt in a weird way."
It's quite obvious that when Eris and John are close to each other, weird things start happening. However, this has spiked the girl's curiosity and she's taken to following him around to try and figure him out. She knows she isn't in danger - the worst thing he's managed to do so far is knock her out. She also hopes that he may give her some help with control - their powers are similar, even if they're unpredictable at close range, and John has a lot more experience than she does.

:James Jenkins ~ Bloodmaster ~ “It's really you.”
At least, at the moment, Eris doesn't know that she knows James. She won't speak of how she knows him if she does - except to maybe Roscoe.

:Riley Walsh ~ Freak ~ “I'm not scared of you.”
Eris doesn't really know Riley all that well - but she does know that he's not that scary.

:Caclia (Melody Archer) ~ Hellfire ~ “Purple fire? Pretty!”
Eris doesn't know Caclia, or Melody as she's called around town. However, she thinks her fire is pretty - but dangerous.

Other
:Amaryllis Lancaster ~ “She scares me.”
Due to Eris' fear of doctors and scientists, Roscoe scares her immensely. Eris doesn't think she could trust Roscoe, but she often wonders whether they could indeed be friends - as long as she's not wearing white.
Last edited by Sanarith on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Forever in my dreams, where dreamer flown,
To the world above and greatly renown.
For its constant bubble, scaling of height.
Into the dawning sea and eventful light,
To dream the dream of dreamer's love,
Yet we stall our mind to fiction above.
Belong to life and green-blue flow,
To reddish hearts that we greatly show.

Sanarith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysalis on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:31 pm

VCML Agent | Upper West Side

Scorch/Connor Mason
I'm looking forward to getting to know him and his team.
While there are some members of the Squad she already knows to some extent, their leader is not one of them. Her assignment to act as physician and liaison to them is only quite recent, and as such, she hasn't had much opportunity to talk with any of them yet, though she means to get around to it as soon as possible. She thinks it's quite the undertaking, to get a team like this together and try to fill the shoes of the previous group, but she wants to believe they'll succeed.

Psychic/Eris Jackson
She doesn’t like me, but I can’t blame her. I’ve read her file.
Roscoe hates the kind of lab operation that Eris was once a victim of. In fact, she has spent a lot of her career with the VCML investigating and shutting down several facilities of a similar kind. She was also the lead agent on the shutdown of Eris’s former laboratory, but that didn’t happen until the girl herself had escaped. While technically the girl’s actions in freeing herself were illegal, Roscoe isn’t planning on reporting her to the agency—far from it, in fact.

0G/Rebecca Hotchner
I really admire how independent and self-assured she is!
Roscoe is as sex-positive and liberated as the next modern feminist, but she finds it difficult to really live the philosophy the way Rebecca does. Maybe it’s an artifact of a more traditional upbringing. Whatever the case, she really likes Rebecca, snarky humor, “bad” habits, and all. She’s happy to patch her up after particularly harsh workouts, though she might occasionally fall into the habit of scolding her for being so hard on her body. More than anything, she’s grateful that she can be as weird as she wants with Rebecca, and the latter won’t care a whit.

Nightcrawler/Sang-hyeok Shin
I caught his case when it came through the agency. What a terrible thing to do to someone…
As Sang-hyeok’s initial caseworker, Roscoe was responsible for trying to track down whomever had dosed him with the mutagen that altered his physiology. Considering how little of the incident Sang-hyeok himself was able to remember, it’s not that surprising that she has yet to succeed, but she considers the case still open and occasionally pursues a lead on it. More personally, she gets along with him quite well, though she does wish he wouldn’t put so many potentially-harmful things inside his body. She’s not law enforcement, though, and so if she happens to know it’s going on, she looks the other way and doesn’t report it. Whatever else is true, being arrested for using illegal drugs isn’t going to be any help, so she avoids making it happen.

Gizmo/Alex and Max Rovin
They're the tech twins, right? I really want to talk to them.
Amaryllis knows a thing or two about being a child prodigy in something, and she's never really met anyone else like this before, at least not that she knows of. She thinks it might be interesting, to be able to share that common experience with someone else. Plus, she really likes science. Even if she mostly went into genetics and medicine, she still likes mechanics and engineering, and she isn't too proud to learn more from ten-year-olds, if they have anything to teach.

Crimson Dawn/Arwen Emry
They're the one that always disappears right after a mission, right? I worry.
The whole lone wolf thing only works to a point, especially when one is attempting to work with a team. It could become a problem later on, actually, but it's not really her job to figure out how to deal with that. So, just as with all the others, if Crimson is injured, she'll be there with hypos and bandages and the like.

Dominus/John Doe
Sometimes I almost think I understand what he’s doing. I just wish he’d do it… differently.
Honestly? One only need look back at history to successfully predict that someone like Dominus was going to happen eventually. When conditions get bad enough for some segment of the population, revolutionaries spring up, and some of them are successful enough to last a while. How they come to be viewed by history depends more on whether they succeed than whether they were “right” or not. Roscoe understands this, and as unsavory as she finds his methods, there are parts of his cause that resonate with her nonetheless. She doesn’t think she’s in a position to be casting aspersions.

Bloodmaster/James Jenkins
Exasperating…
Of all the metahumans she’s treated over the years, James may well be the most reckless of the lot, something which does have a tendency to frustrate her to some extent. She has long suspected he was part of Dominus’s group, but she doesn’t ask, and he hasn’t told. So really at present, he’s one of the many people that occasionally shows up at her house in need of some bandaging and the like. She doesn’t mind, of course—Roscoe has always been a doctor first and foremost. She wishes he’d have a little more care for his own condition, though.

Hellfire/Caclia
I'd heard the Reapers had a dark fire user. I bet she'd be interesting to talk to.
Dark fire is rare among human pyrokinetics, so the chances are high that Hellfire is an alien of some description, and Roscoe knows that. Though she's studied xenobiology, she's actually met only very few non-humans, and she considers the opportunity one worth taking whenever possible. Of course, the chance of actually getting to have a proper conversation with a Reaper are slim, given the circumstances.

Freak/Riley Walsh
You know, I really think Riley’s the reason I am where I am today.
Everyone has those moments in their life that change them forever, even if they don’t recognize them at the time. Roscoe has had a few, but the first and potentially most important was the day she met a boy at a circus, and had her eyes opened to just how terrible the world could be for those who didn’t quite fit in. Moved by his condition, she offered to help Riley escape, and though they were unsuccessful, she has never again been content to sit by while metahumans are hurt. She often wonders what happened to Riley after she narrowly avoided arrest for kidnapping; she hasn’t seen him since, though she has searched—it was the first thing she did when she got VCML clearance.

Roscoe/Amaryllis Lancaster
Who, me? I’m nobody important.
Roscoe has little by way of self-esteem, but her conviction is nothing to be underestimated. She believes wholeheartedly in what she does, trying to make the world better for the people who don’t fit in. She always felt a bit out-of-place herself, at least in the upper-crust society of her parents, and she can only imagine it’s that much worse for metas, whether the outed ones or the ones that constantly have to suppress themselves so as not to be singled out. She’ll do what she can for them, even though she knows it can’t ever be enough.
Last edited by Chrysalis on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chrysalis
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:51 pm

(WIP)
[img]image%20of%20superhero%20name[/img]
[img]image%20or%20gif%20of%20character[/img]
Superhero Squad | Electrokinesis, Telekinesis, Technopathy | Alex(ander) and Max(well) Rovin | Penthouse in the Clearview Building

Superheroes
:Connor Mason ~ Scorch ~ “He watches after us sort of, whether we want him to or not. Not a saying, its flutters on when it helps us or not”.
Alex and Max can be highly independent, but when they need help, they will appreciate when it was given. Which will happen more times then when they ask for it. Plus, he helps keeps them from killing each other. Cause, you know, brothers.

:Eris Jackson ~ Psychic ~ “She is basically our best friend.”
Being the only one close to their age group with powers, she is basically their best friend. And best friends are good to have when your trouble prone twins with a love for adventure.

:Rebecca Hotchner ~ TBA ~ “She is like an older female us. And besides, we love a good mystery, why wouldn't we help her?”
Alex and Max can sympathize with her not knowing where she is from or who she is, having that same problem. Plus, they love a good mystery, being curious about nearly everything, so they want to learn and record everything.

:Sang-hyeok (Eric) Shin ~ Nightcrawler ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

:Alex and Maxwell Rovin ~ Gizmo ~ “Thats us!” "It got our names wrong! Mine is supposed to be first!" "Is not!" "Is too!" "Is not!" "Is too!"
They either get along, or they fight. Sometimes, they fight when they get along. Their twins who compete a lot. Its not that difficult to understand.

Brief description.

Supervillains
:James Jenkins ~ Bloodmaster ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

:Riley Walsh ~ Freak ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

Brief description.

Other
:Amaryllis Lancaster ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Reapers | Blood Manipulation | James Jenkins | Where your character lives

Superheroes
:Connor Mason ~ Scorch ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

:Eris Jackson ~ Psychic ~ “Impossible...”
Unbeknownst to him, James has along, complicated history with this superheroine...

:Rebecca Hotchner ~ Gravity Manipulation ~ “Now she's my kind of superheroine...”
James and Rebecca have met both on and off the battlefield. He occasionally meets her at his favorite bar and the two have drinks and a night of fun with no strings attached. This can make their day jobs awkward, but luckily, they haven't fought each other that seriously yet.

:Sang-hyeok (Eric) Shin ~ Nightcrawler ~ “There is no need to be uncivil...”
James and Eric have a sort of "truce" outside of the superhero/supervillain business. James actually likes Riley as a person and the two take drugs and party on occasion. While James doesn't seek to battle him during "business", he will do what he has to and he will turn serious if the situation warrants it.

Brief description.

Brief description.

Supervillains

:John Doe ~ Dominus "I believe In John Doe."
James is genuinely loyal to John Doe. He would have to be after the man went through the trouble of freeing him from the lab he had been locked in. He zealously believes in John's ideology and dreams of the world that Dominus would create. He would do anything to live in that world. James considers the man to be family and would fight by his side to the bitter end.

:James Jenkins ~ Bloodmaster ~ “I hurt myself today to see if I can still feel...”
Brief description.

:Riley Walsh ~ Freak ~ “”

:Caclia (Melody Archer) ~ Hellfire ~ “I've always had a fascination with fire...”
James and Caclia are quite good friends. They have similar personalities and views on authority, destruction, and other people, particularly self-righteous do-gooders. She lets him call her by her real name and his library is always open to her. James cannot deny his attraction to her and has flirted with her more than once, but at the moment, they remain good friends.

Other
:Amaryllis Lancaster ~ “Look, Doc. I'm fine. I just live an exciting life.”
James trusts Amaryllis to treat his wounds and look after his health, which is more than he can say about most people. She scolds him for his reckless lifestyle, but while he appreciates her concern, he mostly brushes it off. Still, he sees her as a friend and would actually go out of his way to help her.
Last edited by almostinsane on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:45 pm

The Fifth Column/ The Reapers | Dark Fire Manipulation | Caclia (Melody Archer) | Supervillain Factory

Superheroes
:Connor Mason ~ Scorch ~ “I hate him.”
Caclia hates Connor because she assumes that he is the descendent of an Ildi. She despises her race for exiling her and would gladly destroy him to prove herself. However, he seems to be thinking about doing the same thing to her.

:Eris Jackson ~ Psychic ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

:Rebecca Hotchner ~ 0G ~ “She looks afraid of me.”
Caclia feels like there's something familiar about Rebecca that she can't quite place her finger on. She's noticed that Rebecca has a tendency to avoid her during battle. For this reason Caclia will try to target her.

:Sang-hyeok (Eric) Shin ~ Nightcrawler ~ “brief thoughts.”
Brief description.

Brief description.

Brief description.

Supervillains

:John Doe ~ Dominus ~ “I believe in his cause, though not always in his methods.”
Caclia and John can butt heads. While John is cool and calculating, Caclia is ready to just burst on the scene and make it up as she goes. She agrees that some planning is good, but a little spontaneity never hurt anyone, right? Even if she doesn't agree with all of his methods, she believes in his vision for a better world. Being quite vengeful of the authority on her own planet, helping John to usurp the authorities of Violet City is something she's happy to do.

:James Jenkins ~ Bloodmaster ~ “He is quite friendly with me.”
Caclia considers James a friend of hers. The two have similar personalities-- distrusting of others, a love of destruction, and dislike of authority for example. James is generous enough to let Caclia access his small library so that she can learn more about human culture. He also tries to flirt with her, but she is oblivious to it at the moment.

:Riley Walsh ~ Freak ~ “He's not very talkative, but then again neither am I.”
Like James, Caclia considers Riley a friend. He's not very talkative, but the two are able to enjoy each other's company. Perhaps it is because neither feels the need to talk and when they do, there is not pressure to say the right thing.

:Caclia (Melody Archer) ~ Hellfire ~ “I decline to comment.”
Caclia has a love/hate relationship with herself. She is confident in her powers and herself for the most part. But fears of rejection and being worthless hang in the back of her mind. She pushes these thoughts away as much as she can and tries to focus on helping John and her friends. But sometimes the anger and sadness come up and she hates herself.

Other
:Amaryllis Lancaster ~ “She does not sound like someone I want to meet.”
Caclia has heard Roscoe's name before, but never met her. From what she's heard though, it seems like Roscoe would be enamored with Caclia since she is an alien. Due to her being unsocial and distrusting, Caclia doesn't think she'd like Roscoe. She's not going to open up to a complete stranger, especially one that also talks to the heroes.
Last edited by SlightlyInsane on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysalis on Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:25 pm

The Fifth Column | Ergokinesis | Various Locations

Scorch/Connor Mason
He believes I killed his parents. He's right, of course, but not in the way he thinks he is.
The Squad regularly gets in the way of what he's planning, but Dominus does not hate them. In fact, he balks at using the word "enemy" to describe any of them, because it reduces to black and white what is actually a very complex matter. He thinks of them as generally good people who just don't understand what justice is actually calling for. If they believe that stopping him from robbing a bank or causing destabilizing chaos is the right thing to do, then perhaps, in a shortsighted, ignorant kind of way, there's something to that. But John is playing the long game. He'd prefer they still be alive at the end of it, actually. They will be even more needed then than they are now. Connor is no exception, though of course matters are complicated by the fact that John is responsible for the deaths of his parents and sister.

Psychic/Eris Jackson
This has been a learning experience, to say the least.
For reasons as yet unknown, Eris and John's powers tend to interact in strange ways. Perhaps it is because he remains largely unpracticed in the more delicate psychic applications of his ability, but she was able to overpower him mentally the first few times they fought. He has since learned to shield himself somewhat from her interference, but odd things do occasionally still happen when they're in close proximity, maybe because their focus gets disrupted by the other. Away from confrontation, she's taken to following him around sometimes, which amuses him. He would never think seriously about killing a child, and so the truth of the matter is she's in very little danger from him.

0G/Rebecca Hotchner
A most interesting young lady.
It was a bit awkward, when he discovered that a friend of his was actually a powered individual, and also a member of the opposite team. He supposes it must have been equally awkward for her to discover that her friend was in fact the city's criminal mastermind of sorts. They both seem to believe pretty firmly in work-life separation, however, because they continue to meet once every week or two for coffee, something that has become a welcome stabilizing routine in John's life. And why not? He has no independent interest in harming the Squad members, only in stopping them whenever they happen to interfere with his work. Besides, Rebecca is pleasant company.

Nightcrawler/Sang-hyeok Shin
Thoughts
Brief thoughts.

Gizmo/Alex and Max Rovin
What kind of government lets children do its fighting for it?
John doesn't approve of children being on superpowered teams, honestly. Child soldiers are supposed to be a thing of dictatorships and horrific regimes, not civilized governments. The fact that Maxwell and Alexander are even on the squad is something he takes as evidence that something has to change, large scale.

Crimson Dawn/Arwen Emry
Thoughts
Brief thoughts.

Dominus/John Doe
I am but an ordinary man called to extraordinary purpose.
Dominus is neither megalomaniac nor narcissist. He acknowledges that he is capable of a great deal, erudite and charismatic, but in the end, he does not consider himself special. He is but a man, and he does himself and everyone else a favor by remembering that.

Bloodmaster/James Jenkins
It's disgusting that anyone ever thought to lock him in a lab. He deserves better than he has received, and if I have my way, he will get it.
James and John are quite close, and have been ever since the former was recruited to the cause. There is a mutual trust there that serves them both well, and as he tends to do with his Fifth Column, John has come to consider the other man as family of a sort. He knows that, regardless of his habits in off-hours, James can be depended on to do well when his abilities are required, and as such, generally doesn't comment on what he chooses to do in his free time.

Hellfire/Caclia
It's good to have someone with whom I do not always see eye to eye.
Caclia is more straightforwardly destructive than John would prefer most of the time, as he sees himself as someone with more precision in his chaos, antithetical as that may seem. That said, it's good to have someone around who has a different perspective. If nothing else, it reminds him to think about the reasons for everything he does. Personally, he finds her an interesting personality, and enjoys learning about her history and homeworld, whenever she's willing to talk about such things.

Freak/Riley Walsh
Perhaps, with time, he'll be more comfortable here.
It's actually a fraction uncomfortable, the extent of the hero-worship that Riley feels towards him. John has taken steps (careful, methodical steps) towards trying to get his most emotionally-fragile team member to view him as another person rather than an idol of some sort, but the going is slow. Riley doesn't seem to be especially comfortable interacting with him in the usual ways, so John regularly tries to engage him in casual conversation, in an effort to close that awkward gulf that's between them.

Roscoe/Amaryllis Lancaster
A most useful person to know.
Given that the VCML is an investigative rather than a law-enforcement agency, Dominus doesn't often have to deal with their agents. In fact, he thinks the institution, while in serious need of an overhaul, has a fair number of good agents in it, ones that do have the best interests of methumans at heart, and he also believes that Amaryllis is one of them. So, oftentimes when his team is in need of a medic, he sends them to the doctor's home discreetly so that they can receive the required treatment. He does have some physicians on his own retainer, of course, for cases where she might not be available, but none of them are as good as she is, so he prefers his people make use of her expertise when possible.

Chrysalis
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!