Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

War of Thrones ~ Large Scale Battle (open)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

War of Thrones ~ Large Scale Battle (open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:38 pm

War of Thrones
A Literate, large scale battle
OOC Chatter and Discussion Here

The battle between the Shadow Knights and the Demon Riders raged far into the next season, neither side giving in even as the Shadow Knights were pushed from Yetis Castle into the foothills of the Lanv mountains. The Battle of Yetis Moor, fully intended to have only been a siege on the castle, turned into a full scale guerilla war between the two evils. At the end of the season, snows started to fall, blanketing Yetis Moor in snow three feet deep. The lands beneath the snow, warmed by constant travel of the wyrms (who found the soil in Yetis Moor much more appealing than the rock under the mountain), turned to pure ice beneath the feet of the Demon Riders. Meanwhile, the Shadow Knights lived in cold luxury, within the cave systems of the mountains. When the spring season returned to the lands, the Shadow Knights found it easy to destroy the remnants of the Demon Riders.

With the battle won and several captives of the war, the Shadow Knights abandoned Yetis Moor to the Wyrms (who had no way of telling friend from foe and tended to eat the Shadow Knights just as much as the Demon Riders) and took over a city on the sea. Regaining their forces, the knights have set their sights on the city of Blode, a human settlement and the heart of the Voric Knighthood.

~______________________________________________________________________________________~

-Quasim-
Quasim stood at the front lines, his human body taller than most at an impressive seven towering feet. Blood red scale armor adorned his chest, catching the rays of sunlight slanting through the clouds. Quasim, in his human form, was unusually handsome. He wore no helmet, his hair atop his head a deep red, his eyes an unnatural silver. His face was smooth, boyish at first glance, but still retaining a strong jaw and the dangerous aura he gave off as a dragon. His body was toned and tan, muscles rippling just under his skin. His silver eyes shifted to his left and his right, glancing at his armies. The calvary stood at the ready on the front lines, behind them the foot soldiers waited, pikes and lances at the ready.

-Voric Knighthood-
The city of Blode, in its peaceful state, had been a beautiful white-stone fortress. The Voric Knighthood had patrolled the walls lazily, watching the daily going-ons. Blode sat in a state of defense, its army located within the walls, surely at the ready, the walls splashed with red where the rising sun gazed upon them. The knights on the wall shaded their eyes with their hands, gazing into the distance, watching the armies amass on the horizon. Dragons of good wheeled over the castle, there for the final battle to wipe evil from the earth.

-Storm and Fenron-
Storm's wings flexed, her excellent eyesight catching glimpses of armor shining in the sunlight on the wall walks of Blode. Her lips pulled back in a grin, expectant of the upcoming battle. Her gaze landed on Fenron, who stood near her. Their days in battle were numbered, the old werewolf was beginning to lose his speed. Until the day he faltered in battle, Fenron wouldn't retreat from the Great Dragon's cause. Storm flicked her wing out, draping it across the werewolf, enveloping him. It was a sign of unspoken friendship between the two.

The army was still assembling on the slope, as far as the eye could see there were knights, goblins, ogres, all manner of frightening, vicious beast. The armies of the Shadow Knights awaited the order to storm the city of Blode with eager, evil glee.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: War of Thrones ~ Large Scale Battle (open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:59 pm

Skallagrim, astride his undead charger watched the city that lay before the armies of the Shadow Knights. During the horrific flooding, and his subsequent dream-death, Skallagrim shed the disguise he had assumed over the last few years. The Death Knight had reverted to his true form, the skeletal remains of a man who died a millennium ago. Rising from the wet loam, Skallagrim had witnessed the carnage and realized, if the Shadow Knights were to survive, he would have to revel himself. A Xindhi, the risen, the unseen creatures that tread between life and death, in the shadowy realms between worlds.

After the battle of Yetis Moor, using the resonance of life, Skallagrim raised the corpses of his heavy cavalry, their drowned mounts rose to stand beside their masters. A cruel smile crossed his lips, they would continue the war. The Shadow Knights had not passed from this realm yet, and their leaders still lived.

The grand plans laid out before the Shadow Riders required them to ride forth upon the city below them, Skallagrim and his undead cavalry, the large silk banners fluttered in the wind, their eyes alight with the amethysts energies that infused their bodies. The dull gleam of light reflecting off their plate armor, the lines of cavalry two deep and over a two-thousand feet long, five-thousand undead knights, their malice and hatred focused upon the city below them.

When the attack began Skallagrim would hold the power of the cavalry back as he had in Yetis Moor, prepared to strike and exploit any opening, ready to charge through a breach, their power and speed allowing them to crash through what ever meager defense those in Blode may have erected.

The glow that came from Skallagrim eye sockets peered at the newly skinned Quasim, the human body belied the power of the dragon. Soon the war would begin anew and the Shadow Knights would claim a new capital city.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keeley on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Keara tapped Pyrrus’s side motioning towards the ground. He tipped forward towards the army, landing at the beck of the army. Pyrrus pushed his way through the army, towards Storm, With Keara still seated on his back.

Most of the warriors around her had been in the Battle of Yetis Moor, they were also more experienced in fighting than her, a young woman trained by her Dragon mount.

“Storm” he growled approaching her from behind. Keara sat on his back, her black armour clinking slightly, and her helmet held in her arms. She looked ahead of her at the dragon he was talking to, she was a white dragon about the same size as Pyrrus. Keara slid down his side, landing gracefully by his fore leg, she bowed slightly to the dragon in front of her, only just noticing the man under her wing.
Last edited by Keeley on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keeley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:51 pm

Ranakia marched along the ranks of the sadistic Shadow Knights, her cat-like hands gripping onto the massive blade on her shoulder as their conversation changed to rape and slaughter, the battle lust in their eyes as they grinned savagely.

She growled audibly, and the knights nearest to her pulled away. She had killed some before because they said something that displeased her.She marched steadily, her mind preparing herself for the work that had to be done. Sliding over her head her dark-steel helmet, she sighed slightly... she doubted anything good could hold off this army... so many innocent were going to get slaughtered...

She continued to walk, the weight of the world, and the weight of her weapon, on her shoulders, she muttered to herself "What one must do for love."

Tigeress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:54 pm

-Storm and Fenron-
The white dragon lifted her wings, shaking them as she folded them back to her body. The dragon addressing her was a male with a female rider. Storm hadn't seen them in the Battle of Yetis Moor, and she assumed they had been recruited before the campaign on Blode. Storm nodded in greeting and raised an eyebrow. "Is there something?" she asked the dragon, watching his rider.

Fenron turned as well, his shirtless body showing off his scar. It was something he wasn't too conscious of. The scar hadn't bothered him since it healed over. Bowing to the woman rider in greeting, he smiled slightly. His time in the ranks of the Knights had given him insight into the man he had once been, and had given him many lessons in proper etiquette. He may not have been a perfect gentleman, but people would no longer mistake him for a beast. "Are you in this battle as well, or are you a runner?" he asked.

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:08 pm

The war cries of the shadow knights echoed across the plains. Within the holding cell of their fortress a lone Demon Rider chained to the wall and bound by his wrists. The chains glowed a fierce aura with runes surrounding the whole thing. The door creaked open and a big burly man approached him. He was wearing an executioner's hat, his whole appearance resembled that of a walrus.
"Allo Dratas" he said cheerfully.
"Good morning Mr. Thompson..." Said Dratas sulking. "You're a bit early today aren't you?"
"Well you know what they say."
"No I don't, in case you haven't noticed I'm trapped in a cage!"
"Well Dratas, if God gives you lemons-"
"Then you find a new God." he snapped fiercely. Its not like he hated Mr. Thompson or anything he just hated where he was.
"Anyway we best get started." Mr. Thompson removed the chains from the walls and dragged Dratas across the hall into the torture chamber. Laid him on the bed and began his work. Hours past and Dratas didn't scream, in fact he was helping Mr. Thompson.
"There's more room on my calf, put a knife there." and he did. More hours past and Dratas was brought back to his cell.
"I will get you to join our side eventually. I think you and General Skallagim would be good chums in my opinion."
"To each his own. I chose my path and he chose his." replied Dratas as Mr. Thompson tightened the chains.
"Right you are. See you in the morning."
Mr. Thompson left the room and locked the door behind him.
'Skallagrim huh?' thought Dratas, 'Why does that sound so familiar?'
Dratas shrugged and pulled up his pants as he sat down.
Dratas didn't sleep that night and when the sun rose rumors outside the cell window murmured about Lord Skallagrim already on the field. And in came Mr. Thompson right on schedule.
"Morning Dratas!"
"Good morning Mr. Thompson."
"Ready for your daily?"
"Actually... Not today..." he said as he got up, Mr. Thompson looked confused.
"Why not?" he asked scratching his head. Dratas smiled, parts of his flesh peeled off of his dead corpse and fell to the floor.
"I'm going to escape." As soon as his sentence died he ripped the chain out of the wall and wrapped it around Mr. Thompson's neck choking him until he stopped moving but was not completely dead. "Do write to me after I escape will you?" he said and took the keys and unlocked the door and out into the hallway. He didn't know which way to go, he also needed his gear. Picking a random direction he rushed down the hallway using the chains as a whip on soldiers that tried to stop him. He was trying to make as little noise as possible as not to raise an alarm. So far it was going swimmingly. As a large group of soldiers came around the corner Dratas slipped into an armed closet. The runes from his bracer's glowed meaning that the binding spell was still in effect. It proved to be a very useful light source. He looked around and in a small crate he found his belongings.
Lucky bastard!
He put his gear on quickly but the warding spell was still on. He didn't exactly know how to take them off either. He knew an unlocking spell but that didn't really do him much good now. He got this far with using the chains as a weapon he thought he may as well continue with what works.
"Now to get out of this hell hole." he said to himself. He opened the door and a small army of Shadow Knights were staring at him like they were waiting for him to come out. Ah nuts! "Back I say!" the guards laughed.
"You have no power here Mage." said a knight.
"No? As a matter of fact I have amplified the warding spell on my chains so when I cast a spell it will be a hundred times stronger!" he yelled in triumph, OK he was lying but the guards seemed to think he was telling the truth. "So... Back I say!" All of the guards scurried back, "Now you will let me go peacefully or I'll be forced to fry your brains out!"
As he walked backwards out of the camp a group of battlemages came out.
"What are you doing you fools?! He has a spell warding on him he can't do anything!" the guards ran forward yelling.
"Shit!" yelled Dratas as he turned tail and run. He was so close to the main gate he could see it. A another large group of battlemages came out in front of him. Dratos was running somewhat downhill now and he was losing his balance from running so fast. He ended up jumping and planting a foot on one of the magi's face. He was so close to freedom so close he could- WHACK!
Dratos stayed in midair for the longest time, it looked like he just hit a wall although nothing was in front of him. He fell to the ground and the impact knocked him out. Next thing he knew he was in his cell again, Mr. Thompson looking down at him. They improved the warding on the chains, it was now elementally bonded to the wall. Dratas looked at Mr. Thompson, he had a black eye and was wearing an angry frown.
"No hard feelings mate?" he said and gave a weak smile.
Join Crimson Reign! It's a Roleplay O.o
post165679.html#p165679

Hallik
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Skallagrim, the amethyst points of light flashed as he felt a strum of power along the resonance of life. Someone, something...had attempted to escape the bonds placed upon them. The use of magic is not unexpected, magic and it's control was quite common in this world.

However the presence of certain energies, energies that danced along the fringes of the resonance always attracted the Xindhi. Focusing the quintessence, Skallagrim expanded his senses along the string of pattern that had attracted him initially. Reaching forward, through the dark matter that flowed between planes of existence, Skallagrim located a prisoner...a sentient being, a corpse risen with intelligence and purpose.

This creature, emanated an aura of power, muted through the chains that bound it, but the energies that coiled and writhed within the creature's resonance told Skallagrim that this was no mere caster of magic, rather a being of power simply held.

The quintessence flowed and swirled around the creature, amethyst energies focused on the being, imperceptible to anyone but a wielder of magic.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:59 pm

"Your daily has been postponed you will receive double tomorrow." said Mr. Thompson rubbing his eye. Dratas smiled at him as he went on his way.
"Don't make a promise you know you can't keep." he said almost singing. As soon as the door closed behind Mr. Thompson in the opposite corner. Dratas just stared at it. The spell looked familiar, one of the spells he gave up his mortality to.
"A Lych Link?" he said confused, he didn't know any other undead soldiers. Perhaps this is what Mr. Thompson mention. "Skallagrim?" he asked cautiously as not to sound insane. The mist swirled and littered the floor. "Come to laugh at me have you? Well just so you know... I'm only here cause I want to be! Have you seen the food here? It's unbelievable!"
"Shut up in there! Don't make me come in there!" yelled a guard outside his door.
"Don't make me come out there!" snapped Dratas in defiance before turning his attention back to the mist. "So what do you want?"

Hallik
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:16 pm

Skallagrim, watched the creature before him, the false bravado echoed hollow, "Merely have come to see what attracted my attention." The grave born voice whispered, the pin points of amethyst light focused on the binds that held the creature. Channeling the power of the quintessence, the dark energies coalesced around the shackles, the vibration of the magic that contained the creature began to unravel, slowly the spells energies unbound, releasing small dark motes of energy that spun around the cell in increasing random patterns.

The pattern of magic continued to unravel, until noting remained of the spell. The dark energy that remained slowly swirled around the quintessence, absorbed into the dark mass, sending sparks of violet energies to crackle and spark then vanish.

The haunting voice spoke again, "We shall meet again I am sure, but for now you are not to be used as a mere toy for an imbeciles enjoyment." The dark energies flowed into themselves, folding and warping until they vanished.

Skallagrim smiled as he turned his attention to the great city below him, the city of Blode was to fall today, and the Shadow Knights would once again begin to exert their power over the world.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keeley on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:18 pm

“No” he rumbled “I am Pyrrus” he settled down on the ground, his tail curled protectively around Keara. Keara smiled at him and looked back up at the man, leaning against Pyrrus “No I’m in the battle, I wasn’t at Yetis Moor” she said somewhat apologetically, and looked at Pyrrus “Someone didn’t want me to fight in the last battle, oh I forgot, I’m Keara” she pushed a stray hair out of her eyes.

“I can still take you out of this battle” Pyrrus chuckled “Is the battle starting soon?” he became serious and ruffled his brass coloured wings to become more comfortable, passing his piercing eye over Storm and Fenron.
Last edited by Keeley on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keeley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:29 pm

-Quasim-
Turning around, his red battle cape swirling around his ankles, his keen sight allowed him to see his forces gathering, amassing far around him. His devilish smile betrayed his eagerness to get into battle. As a human, Quasim had many emotions to control, not the least of them being his utterly morbid sense of anticipation. On more than one occasion he had had to reign in an emotion described to him as lust, which seemed to be nothing more than an embarrassing need to be near the opposite sex. The disguised dragon walked to a live calvary man. Rearing back, the chestnut horse whinnied shrilly in fear, his hooves pawing the air, his eyes widening to show the whites. In all accounts the horse looked much more dangerous than the man before it. Ignoring the horse's struggles and the calvary-man's stuggle to stay on the beast's back, Quasim issued instructions.

"I want you and five men to carry a message to the Voric Knighthood," Quasim said in his silky, dangerous voice. "Tell them if they surrender to us, they will not face the wrath of this vast army."

Nodding, the frightened man tugged back the reigns of his frantic horse, motioning to five men near him. Kicking their horses, they set off in a gallop towards the castle, relaying the message.

Quasim turned, looking through the ranks once more, proud of what his men had been able to pull together. Another human emotion, the dragon thought with a shake of his head. He feared he would never be able to acclimate to the feeling of being a human.

-Storm and Fenron-
Storm nodded to the dragon, looked down upon the city and the dragons of good flying over it. "The battle will be starting soon," the young white dragon said. "When it does, be careful of the skies and the ground. A battle is no place to lose one's mind." She flicked her wings, shifting them to make them comfortable against her body. Her tail swished across the ground, betraying her eagerness for the fight. The last battle, she had used her magic up quickly, leaving her to rely on her brute strength. For a small white dragon, brute strength wasn't something she had on her side all that often.

Fenron smiled to the young woman, and though he didn't know what to say or do, he found himself trying to make small talk before the battle. "The last battle was fierce, and lasted quite longer than expected," he said. Moving his arm, he indicated the scar on his side. "This is what I got for fighting on my own, so don't ever leave your dragon's side and keep close to the other dragons. They watch each other's backs, though its usually to their own advantages."

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:41 pm

The shackles fell to the ground with a clatter. Dratas sat on the floor and watched the broken metal on the floor. He was free. Dratas looked at the Quintessence it was gone. He looked around to see if it could be any were else.
"Don't think I owe you a debt or anything!" he yelled into space. He looked at the door and put his hand out. The door exploded instantly. Guards kept running around trying to figure out what was going on and tried to colect the body of the guard that was on watch duty.
The battlemages came sooner than last time, they were already at his cell.
"You wont get me again that easily." with the same hand he used to blow up the door he extended his fingers and closed them tightly. All of the mages huddled up together in a group tied to one another. Dratas flicked his fist to his side and the mages smashed up against the stone wall. What a mess! The other guards were shaking in their plate. Holding their weapons up. "Boo." he said calmly.
All the guards started to scream like little girls and scattered like cockroaches. The stone started to burn from the heat of the blast from Dratas. Dratas flexed his arms down at his waist and his gear was automatically summoned to him. The guards continued to run, Dratas simply walked after them casting spells one after the other.
"Run run run as fast as you can. You can't out run me, I am death!"

Hallik
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:44 pm

"Awww....Im dissapointed" Tobi said as he walked through the ranks and stopped next to Fenron, Storm, Kearra and Pyrrus. Without realising it he said out loud "I was expecting the mighty dragon to be here.....I dont see him anywhere" Although his dissapointed and partly goofy emotion was hidden by his Orange mask, his voice basically spoke the emotion for him. He did not notice Quasim was actually a short distance away, and was slightly embaressed when he did realise it. "Oh.....There he is.....Erm.....Embarasing...." He said edging backwards a bit. He then walked forwards again, stopping next to the two dragons and there riders, and started mumbling to himself "Ok.....when the battle starts, ill just run down there like a flaming mad man...and make it look like im a brilliant mage....Then ill hide behind these soldiers so i dont get hit by any stray arrows...." He was slightly nervous as this was his first battle, and didn't realise he was saying these things aloud. "Now im starting to wish i was at Yetis Moor.....then atleast i would have had some experiance". He sighed and and wandered what he was actually doing there, and then took an unlucky step backwards, only to find his world slipping away from him visually as he hit hte floor, a stuck up rock at the base of his feet. "Ow..." he said as he pushed himself up again.

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keeley on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Pyrrus grinned at the smaller dragon “I must look after her” he said, dropping his head and rubbing his chin on Keara’s head lightly “We only have each other” he said affectionately.

Keara raised her hand, passing a hand over his chin and dropped it again “I doubt I would be allowed to leave his side” she chuckled and stopped as a soldier ran past them, saying something about Quasim, then he started mumbling to himself, and tripping over backwards. Keara leaped from Pyrrus’s side and ran over to him looking down at him “Are you ok?” she asked looking down at him. She held her hand out for him to pull himself up.
Last edited by Keeley on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keeley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:58 pm

Tobi quickly closed the eye that was visible through the mask, he didn't want an illusion of him appearing, especially here. "Yup, fine as ever" he said standing up, then making sure she wasnt staring directly at his face he opened his eye again. "Ok, now im finer than i was before now i can see." He looked at the girl who offered to help him up and said "Thanks for the help, ill make sure to help you get up next time you fall over" Tobi said, rather stupidly. He then started mumbling to himself again, mostly rabble about the fact life wasn't fair and why did he have to be in the front lines.

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:10 pm

Skallagrim rode towards the commanders, the black banners billowing behind him as the flag bearers and his retinue followed. Seeing the grand drake in his human form, Skallagrim peered at him, clearly the dragon was not comfortable as human, it seemed to diminish his power.

The half dozen undead cavalry rode until they entered the sphere of the commanders, his grave borne voice carried eerily upon the wind, "Fenron...are we asking for their surrender?" The amethyst glow radiated from the hood. As Skallagrim reached them, he slid off his mount and extended a hand to Fenron, they had survived the battle of the Moor and had carried the day.

Looking at the assembled army behind Fenron, Skallagrim said, "I shall keep my cavalry back and strike when we have exploited a weakness. Then we shall have a new city to call home."

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:32 pm

-Fenron and Storm-
The white dragon smiled knowingly at the pair. She considered Fenron the only family left in this forsaken land. She turned her head, watching Skallagrim and his forces coming towards them. Puffing ice through her nostrils, she stepped out of the way, allowing Skallagrim and Fenron to properly speak without a dragon in the way.

Fenron, not one to care for appearances, took the knight's hand, shaking it informally as he smiled. "Its been a while since we were on a battle field together," he noted. Looking to the six riders galloping toward the castle, the white flag snapping in the breeze, he sighed. "I guess the Dragon Lord wants to have a peaceful resolution," he laughed, knowing far too well if the poor knights surrendered, they would be torn to ribbons by the Shadow Knight's army anyway. Having a strange thought, Fenron frowned, his eyebrows pinching together in thought. "Skall, what of the Demon Rider captives? Have they given in and joined us?" he asked, eager to hear the news.

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keeley on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:36 pm

“It’s ok” she said with a chuckle and walked back to Pyrrus, flicking her hair over her shoulder as she went, letting her hair cascade down her back, down to her waist..

She let out a slight chuckle as she stepped over Pyrrus’s tail and sat down against his tail. She smiled at the dragon but drew back as a death knight reached them and started speaking to Fenron. She watched them exchange words, with a slight frown. She watched as the white dragon stepped out of the way “how long has he been your rider” she asked curiously.
Last edited by Keeley on Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keeley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:39 pm

If the man could smile he would have cruelly, "Ah no, most have died in a horrible fashion, although one...has become free and maybe causing the gaolers a bit of a problem." Skallagrim turned to the walled city below them, "Fenron, we cannot make the mistakes that lost us the Moor."

The amethyst lights focused on the werewolf, the voice lowered, "We cannot allow him to face combat alone again. While strong, he is such as all dragons." Skallagrim looked at Storm and bowed slightly, "They can become engrossed in their own strength and blood lust and blinded by their immeasurable pride."

Turning to look at the man, resplendent in his red gear, Skallagrim said softly, "Even the mightiest can fall if they are not careful."

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:52 pm

-Fenron and Storm-
Raising an eyebrow at the Death Knight's news, Fenron let it slide, knowing that the man knew what he was doing and any interference on the werewolf's part would be a slight annoyance. Remembering how they lost the moor to the dragon lord's pure fury, the werewolf shook his head. "The Lord knows his strengths, but not his weaknesses. However, being that I am made of flesh and blood and you of magic and bone, I'll leave you in charge of telling our Dragon Lord just how he's supposed to keep himself safely tucked away from the battle," Fenron said with a smile. "I rather like living, as it were."

Storm nodded towards Fenron in response to Keara's question. "He has been my rider for many seasons, ever since he came out of the Keriko forest to join the cause of Lord Quasim," the dragon responded vaguely. Catching a tidbit from Skallagrim's comments about dragons, she flashed him a toothy sneer that, while it should have looked menacing, didn't. The dragon respected the man, after the battle, and knew his words were true. Dragons as a whole were arrogant, egotistical creatures.

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!