Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What kind of rps do you like?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

What kind of rps do you like?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Musicalsongla on Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:38 am

Just wondering what kinds of role play people like. Can be any descriptions...
Just want to know what's a popular type :)
post your thoughts!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Musicalsongla
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: What kind of rps do you like?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:17 am

Well..in truth the Role Plays people are into are various and there is no real distinctive selection but if I was going to guess what Role Play wil have the most people, it would be Fantasy since it is so mianstream and thus normally tends to be the first type of RP that people encounter. But..what do I know.

Mine.
1.Future
2.Anything Dark-Namely when I am the dark figure in it but alls fair to me. Lot's of detail,Emotions and such. Pure mature and no kids stuff..or kids for that matter.
3.Fantasy
4.realistic
5.Fiction-I hate being told who to Role Play as-

I do not have really favour any above the other, Just do what I want when the mood hits me. That is why I put them in rankings-The whole 1-5 thing- I did not invclude battles because I never battled before.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Statement
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:57 am

anything where i don't have to blow to brain cells
but i tend to what i know or what i can come up with

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:09 pm

Hmmm, well, my favourite would have to be Fiction, because, let's admit it, we're all a nerd at something on this site...I prefer Manga Fiction Roleplays, and, really, no kid's crap...Or kids, at all, like Statement said. Anyway, it'd have to be Fantasy and Fiction-Manga.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -~-~-~- Edgar Allan Poe.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:32 am

I do purely realistic fiction, and have only ever created two fantasy series of books in my life, neither of which are published yet. I do assassin type roleplays, teenage romance roleplays and anything else of the realistic category that interests me. I will only do fantasy roleplays if they have more realism in them than they do fantasy. I've tried to do anime-based roleplays in the past, but nobody watches the anime I do, so one never got off the ground. That's about it from me.
"]Image

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow Lycan on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:05 pm

1) Zombie Survival
2) Futureistic/Sci Fi
3) Fantasy (as long as there's not any preset characters)

I really like playing as a survivor, or fighting against a supernatural force.

Shadow Lycan
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heirii13 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:03 pm

haha, you have good tastes, Shadow Lycan!

1. Survival
2. Future/Sci-fi
3. Fantasy/Medieval
4. Original Anime/Manga (I hate playing characters that aren't my own, so something that isn't based off of an existent show)

I have a serious addiction to survival stories, particularly zombie survival. Or just nature survival. I love realism. >=D

Heirii13
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:21 pm

1. Based off of games that I like (Tekken, Dynasty Warriors, Jet Set Radio)
2. Anything revolving rebellious teenagers
3. Fighting
4. Some involving superheroes.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:24 pm

I like all kind execpt for some science fiction tpes. Don't know why but robots and aliens have never been my thing(Execpt for the book the Host). My favorite if I had to choose though would be stuck bewteen realistic and fantesy.
Yes, yes I do.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:29 pm

my list would be

1.Fantasy
2.realistic
3.based off of books

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:39 pm

I do fantasy almost exclusively. The tone can range from light to dark, the setting can be modern, original, or maybe futuristic. I don't like doing straight medieval fantasy; I expect it to really be medieval style if it's called that, and it's usually not... plus, I'd have to brush up on medieval culture if it were. Drawing elements from the dark ages (not to mention the renaissance), on the other hand, is appreciated. Same goes for Victorian. If it's labeled "Victorian," I expect it to be a lot closer than it usually is. Victorian-esque, on the other hand, is a favorite of mine. Drawing from the aesthetic while maintaining a freer culture is nice.

I'll do sci-fi if it's really interesting. I prefer a blend of sci-fi and fantasy, but even plain sci-fi can get my attention if the plot's good enough. On that note, I do superhero stuff from time to time.

Realistic RP is something I almost never do. I might occasionally, but it has to be really good. I'm more willing to do a realistic cafe/restaurant RP. For some reason, that's just a theme I enjoy in a realistic context.

Fan RP is also something I almost never do. There are a few things I've done and would consider doing again, but I don't play anything canon. I prefer fan-based RPs to be set in 'verses similar or identical to that of the canon material, but the story and characters should be different. It's simply not enough to, say, completely transplant the story of Digimon and replace the digidestined with original characters. There has to be more to it than that.
RPs:
Spring Rain and Havoc | Witch's Diary | Winter Rose

Need RP advice? Feel free to PM me.

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chicoguardian on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:46 pm

1: fanstasy
2: anime
3: ummm the last one would be a bit private lmao.

chicoguardian
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nautsabes on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:18 pm

I enjoy realistic roleplays set in a modern environment, or a few decades into the future with a light science fiction element to it. I don't really care for the types that take place in the way distant future with all the insane technology and aliens and such. It can be cool, but it isn't my cup of tea.

I suppose fantasy would be my second type I enjoy, though it is to be dark and gritty with gratuitous gore and violence. As far as creatures and the like go I don't like having the typical elves, and orcs, and dragons, and such. Nope, unless we're to go all out with our characters and the races, I prefer just humans. Really, I only like fantasy roleplays that can only be considered fantasy is because of magic and the custom wold.

As for everything else, to hell with it.

Nautsabes
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby explosives on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Hmm. Really I experiment. >> I prefer fantasy. I try to make mean characters, but they always become nice. XD;

explosives
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:46 pm

I prefer fantasy role plays, but so far, all the ones here are strictly limited to a set world with set rules on characters, races, technology, and places that don't allow me to develop my characters properly. The best fantasy role plays I've been on were ones that allowed "portal dumping" characters showing up in a strange place suddenly and without warning. I was on one role play where this wasn't the case, but it died.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeartClutch on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:54 pm

Frankly, I'd be willing to do anything I find interesting, which can be pretty much any genre, but most of the time that ends up being either realistic or mild sci-fi. For some reason, I really, really, despise anything fantasy. I guess it has to deal with the fact that a lot of them just seem so repetitive and uninteresting to me. Like 90% of the fantasy I see on here is gonna look something like "ok so there is lik a lite kingdom and a drk kingdom and theyre lik gonna go to warr if the heroo dosnt save the pretty blonde princessss", which frankly I don't understand how anyone could be drawn to.

HeartClutch
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:25 am

I enjoy dark-fantasy, which is basically fantasy horror, which I came to love from watching and reading Berserk.
I also love catastrophic war-based RolePlays.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odium on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Innovative shit the likes of which I've never seen before
Science fiction (I'm a terrible skiffy nerd)
Horror
Satire
Alternate history/fantastic history (basically, history if it had happened another way or history with magical or otherwise physically impossible elements)

He's happy now. Or is death the end of the dream? Is it a failure of hope?

Odium
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Hrm.. I like to do alot.. but finding it can be a problem

Science Fiction/Space Opera is always entertaining and offers a great many possiblities
Distopian Future or a Dark Future
Paranormal/Supernatural
Realistic - This I haven't gotten to do much mainly because of school scheduling

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:02 am

I like fantasy the most, but I'll do just about anything except for realistic games >.<. The darker it is, the better: from a grim background to characters dealing with pressure and life situations, I simply adore the development that goes on there. I'll shamefully admit I like playing mutant RPs but have yet to find a prosperous one wherein I won't have to be advertising every third day to keep it going.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!