Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Why aren't new roleplays showing up in the roleplay tab?

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Why aren't new roleplays showing up in the roleplay tab?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Protagonist on Sun May 27, 2012 6:37 pm

I just made a new roleplay and thankfully people have found it because the newest roleplays list, so I have been able to get a good amount of people. However, now that it isn't there anymore because of newer roleplays, how are people going to find it without the roleplay tab? Why isn't it working?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Protagonist
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Why aren't new roleplays showing up in the roleplay tab?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sun May 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Protagonist, you're going to have to go through My Roleplays to find the link to your roleplay and share it with your players.

That's just how this stuff works. You had your place in the sun, now it's someone else's turn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

What the hell? The roleplay tab was meant for people to browse roleplays to join. I have no idea what you are talking about, all this does is make this extremely un-user friendly for everyone.

The Protagonist
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deallo on Sun May 27, 2012 8:05 pm

...I concur. What if we're new and don't know enough players to share it with?

How'll people be interested in the roleplay tab if the same roleplays are always there, mostly filled, while newer roleplays aren't there?

I think something's wrong with the system. =.=

Deallo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Sun May 27, 2012 11:07 pm

I don't think the Top rated Roleplay list is required. Nobody reviews anymore and all those reviews came before the roleplays even started.
New roleplays come and go too fast. If you use that coloumn, the one with the top roleplays, to show more new roleplays I think it will benefit the newer roleplays.
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

That made about as much sense as what the other guy said. Where is the user-friendly, newest roleplay browser? Is there someone or somewhere I can go to speak against this?

The Protagonist
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Tue May 29, 2012 8:13 am

... I think I get what The Protagonist is saying. They're not talking about the top of the site or being pushed down a page on the tab. I went to the Roleplay tab and told it to sort by "Newest." That should show all the newest RPs in a browsable fashion. Instead, the latest RP shown (looking at the creation time of the OOC thread) is from 5:14 PM yesterday. It's The Contract: Sign your Soul Remake (the oldest one, Supernatural : Apocalypse 666, should be on that page too, right beneath The Contract, but it isn't being shown at all). The other 3 RPs in the top five, created after The Contract, are not showing up on the browsing page.

To reiterate, this is the page you browse RPs on (not the "Newest Roleplays" blurb at the top of any page), sorted by Newest, and with nothing filtered out ("not showing 0 roleplays"). Some RPs (mostly the newest) just do not seem to be showing up on the browsing page, which is a problem. Seems like a glitch to me.

edit: Or maybe that's not the problem as I see this post was made a few days ago now, but it still seems a bit odd to me that things aren't showing up (even if RPs created after them showed up), so maybe something similar happened a few days ago.
RPs:
Spring Rain and Havoc | Witch's Diary | Winter Rose

Need RP advice? Feel free to PM me.

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue May 29, 2012 9:26 am

Hello, Deallo and The Protagonist! My name is Sato, a longtime member around these parts. I'd just like to sweep in and perhaps offer some help.

The "user-friendly, newest roleplay browser" exists, but perhaps not in the form that you're looking for it.

Something impotent to keep in mind here, is that relying solely on the actual Roleplays page itself to do all your advertising for your game may be where the problem is. We have entire subforums devoted to garnering attention and excitement for the story that you're trying to tell. A good portion of players don't look for potential roleplays while scrolling that page, but looking into our "Interest Checks" and "Roleplayers Wanted" forums.

In "Roleplayers Wanted", the GM of a roleplay posts a request for a specific character role that needs to be filled before the playing can start, or just in general posts a summary of the story itself. Key things to look for are plot, characters, conflict, and how best to get folks interested. A link is embedded into the top of that post, so that those browsing can readily check out your roleplay.

This is the designated place for advertising for roleplays! If you can get a strong post off there, you'll garner attention, and even get your thread "featured" in the "Featured Roleplayers Wanted" contest. I believe the issue I'm sensing here is that you may not be aware of all the resources available to you in terms of advertising for your roleplay.

New roleplays, or roleplays that are looking for new players are featured in both these forums! You can check them out from under the Out of Character forum. They're pretty easy to find, but if you run into trouble I can certainly link you.

Hope this helps.

-VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Minion on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:02 pm

I gotta agree with TheProtagonist here.

I've never really been into forums, so I may be wrong on it, but it seems like a VERY unfriendly system.
I guess we should go ask for a "newest roleplays" list to browse. The site runs on a "Don't like it, suggest an improvement" platform, so I guess it would be best that we go make a suggestion for this, so the less forum-ish roleplayers may have their own little hole to sit in.
Untill then ViceVersus is right about using the sub-forum for Advertising...

Guess we'll have to do a little "David and Goliath" thing with the administrators and the programmers, revolution shall come swiftly!!!

Minion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:56 am

To the left of the screen on any page inside of Gateway, you'll see a little box titled "Feedback" or "Ideas & Suggestions." This is where you can post your ideas for changes to the layout and format of the site as well as improvements or systems that you would like to see implemented.

Keep in mind that we're all volunteers. Right now, there are two Administrators handling the day-to-day administration of the site with somewhere in the neighborhood of 40,000 registered users and Remæus is the only person doing the coding and the updating, not to mention paying for all of this. Please be patient if it takes us a while to get around to responding to or implementing suggestions.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!