Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Wish and a Regret

A Wish and a Regret

a part of “A Wish and a Regret”, a fictional universe by Jakuri-chan.

A prophecy handed down foretells the coming of a new Goddess—yet when her supposed vessel comes under threat, her life and the lives of others intersect, their meeting might be far more significant than any of them could dare conceive.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Wish and a Regret”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: A Wish and a Regret

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Well if people start getting lost then yeah but if it all falls into place then nah.
"I saw the traveler make his way toward the monolith,
That thin gash amidst the clouds;
An open seam between heaven and earth that eluded the Eye of God.

Or perhaps it had not; perhaps it beckoned from one realm
To the other, wedded And ruled as one;
For look how clean it splits the horizon 'twain, absorbs it,
Makes it Strange,
An indomitable beam,
A Tower of Heaven."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:15 pm

@Beach
Haha, I've hear the "normal" version of it frequently enough. But usually I don't even think about censoring myself, so its always comical to me to hear censored versions of words. xD Silly, I guess. As far as editing posts go, I don't think its necessary. I'll see what I can do with what I've got. I've got ideas so I don't really think theres need for worry :D

@Opale
I agree with Beach :) As long as everyone can keep up, and things aren't moving too quickly for everyone, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. One of the reasons I like my characters shyness is that it also helps keep pileups from happening, which I think is good for this RP, especially towards the beginning. :)
y do i have a ƒεεℓเɳɠ ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ᵃ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅʟʏ ᴇʟᴀʙᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ՏℍⅈtℙᝪՏt

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:31 pm

All righty. And velieve me I swear like a sailor. Just trying to tone it down. Between Air Force BT and my girlfriend's SSG dad, i'd be done for haha.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Well, I had Knell handle the influx-thing in the roleplay in a rather interesting manner . . . I think. She wasn't trying to be rude toward Itan for suddenly just up and running for Echo, she just got really happy. XD Alas, Knell can be airheaded at times despite her Undine heritage. . . . .and that was a bad pun. ._.;;
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:25 pm

Mean while, Crane tries to keep Itan and zeph from noticing that there are a bunch of pearls on the ground all of a sudden.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby God_of_Darkness on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:44 am

If too many side story branches happen it makes for difficult and cumbersome posting system because then your waiting for set people to respond and interact or your basically stuck in a progressionless limbo, and there ain't no steel drums!

But I agree that we dont want to fustercluck the story with too much happening at once
TAPPED:
DOUBLE TAPPED:

God_of_Darkness
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:11 pm

No denying that a big dogpile of sudden activity directed toward one character or if everyone is in a group can be really confusing and sort of stop up the roleplay's progression since it's kind of hard to get all of that down in a response, but if something like that does wind up happening, I'll do my best to try to get it figured out if I have to. ^-^;; Flurry of sudden activity in a group roleplay setting and such is actually something I'm good at sorting out for some reason. . . .

But, even when the characters do wind up in a group, if it comes down to it then we might be able to establish some rough form of posting order or something like that to figure out how we can proceed without everything getting confusing. However, I'd like to keep from having to bring a posting order into this if possible, and that should be a last resort for a confusing group situation.

Otherwise, things are going fine as they are now, even if we keep our characters separated for a bit.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:56 pm

I think I'm going too wait a bit before I respond. Maybe I'll wait until Crane is addressed directly.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:13 am

. . . .that might be sooner than you think. *looks at Knell*

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LazuliMetempsychosis on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:12 am

Yeah... Sorry if I took too long to post then... We are all bunched up in one group and I'm sure I held someone up... If anyone is confused by my last post, please let me know. I'll edit it if need be.

LazuliMetempsychosis
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Shurelia, you are doing fine as far as I ca tell, I will be replying to the roleplay tonigh I believe.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:53 pm

I'll be making my post soon. I'm just trying to figure out why my iPod Video (I've had it since 2007) gave me a "connect to iTunes to restore" message. It currently sounds like its trying to turn into a Transformer.

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LazuliMetempsychosis on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Thanks Opale and good luck Gorie.

LazuliMetempsychosis
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:51 pm

I posted again, I hope it is all right and such. I've been writing shorter posts lately, but I don't feel as if they are losing any quality . . . they aren't, right?

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:03 pm

It's fine. I'm making a run too the store at the moment, then I'm going to respond. Though I'm not sure what I'm going to have Crane say at the moment.

[edit] Eh, sometimes short post are really the best way to go. Didn't feel like rambling too much tonight.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby God_of_Darkness on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:10 pm

I think I'll wait one more dialogue between the four of us before I'll post, he's not one to purposefully brag

God_of_Darkness
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:50 pm

That's fine, I'll just worry about posting whenever I'm able to.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LazuliMetempsychosis on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Does that make it my turn to post?

LazuliMetempsychosis
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:34 pm

Well, I guess so? o.o I'm not sure.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:51 pm

Well somebody needs to post soon. -_-

Wake
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!