Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Buongiorno o Buonsera signore e signori

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Buongiorno o Buonsera signore e signori

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... dying time's here.

Hello Roleplay Gateway. I am Danny Latiel. I hope that I am at least semi-literate and can function as an excellent Role Player in these forums. The only experience I've had before in Roleplay were the forums at Dead Frontier, an online MMORPG about your good ol' zombie apocalypse. As a result I excel at exactly those sort of role plays. However, I do get kicks from chatting online with random strangers in Omegle and flinging situations at random (i.e. "I ACCUSE YOU OF BEING THE ORIGAMI KILLER!" or "HER DEATH SHALL NOT BE IN VAIN!" non sequitirs) I really want to start roleplaying. I also want to get better at writing. I'm not too good with realistic role play, but I'd be willing to try it out sometime in the distant future. I see these forums as a type of escapism; going into realism seems...odd to me.

First question: Do we start dialogue here with only quotations, or do we start new paragraphs?

Second question: CAN I HAZ CHEEZBURGER? (I promise only to be a little meme heavy)
"ROBOT LORDS OF TOKYO/
SMILE TASTE KITTENS/
DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT THE ROYAL HUNTING GROUNDS ARE ALWAYS FORBIDDEN?"
-Clutch "10001110101"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Buongiorno o Buonsera signore e signori

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Italian: "Good day or good evening, ladies and gentlemen." A real shame that I've forgotten most of my Latin I spent 4 years in high school mastering, only to forget it 7 years afterward. Ah well, they do say the mind is the second thing to go...I forget what the first one was.

Anyway, Danny, welcome to RolePlayGateway. The first thing I would suggest you do is you make a character in The Multiverse (more on that later) so you can hang out with the other people in the chat room: They're usually good for faster answers than you can get via forum correspondence, and it's not unheard of to get the answer from more than one person.

Moving onward: Aside from the zombie apocalypse-type RP, we also endorse medieval hack-and-slash, futuristic cyberpunk, even the modern-day high school (the last being a bit more common than I'm comfortable with). However, while any old site can get their own forum and play by post that way, a year ago the site owner released a much more powerful system for roleplaying. On top of play-by-post action, you can get your own chat room for every "place" in the roleplay, you have the option of requiring character approvals in RPs you create, you can get your own URL for every character you create, you can track average words per post...all this and more is possible in the "tab system." Click the tab at the top of the page labeled "Roleplay" and get started!

For extra credit, type up a post over 9000 words long in the Reply screen and let us know what pops up. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Buongiorno, Danny, e piacere di conoscerla! Parle italiano? Io parlo un poco della lingua italiana, però letto meglio di parlo.

It looks like Andrew beat me in being the first greeter to welcome you to our humble abode here at Roleplay Gateway! But that's okay! :D My name is Ylanne (it makes a spiffy username too! ---> ), and I am the site's resident crime writer. I'm also an editor (so feel free to ask me about publishing and the process if that's something you're interested) and part-time teacher. I'm always around, so you should feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, problems, suggestions, or requests in regards to the site, your roleplaying, and/or your writing. I would be happy to help you in any way I can, in any way necessary or desired. I respond to all queries within 24 hours. Because you are new to this site, I highly encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity. (Other people to seek help from: Dark blue usernames denote mentors, green usernames denote moderators, and red usernames denote administrators).

I prefer modern/realistic roleplay, and especially character-driven stories (basically literary work), but am open to almost anything. Over the past few months, I have been experimenting with genres like fantasy and science-fiction, so if you have a good story idea, let me know. My current preference for mode of roleplay is text-based roleplay, or what we do here. I've also begun to participate in text-based fighting, which I found surprisingly interesting and compelling. (And LARP is the first kind of roleplay I've ever done, and it still remains my favorite! :D ).

If you're interested in private roleplay, just drop me a line anytime. Also feel free to check out the links in my signature. The folks round here are great people and great roleplayers, so if nothing I have posted is of interest, for one hundred percent sure, something someone else has posted will be. You can find practically everything here that you've ever imagined or could want to write, read, or roleplay - and if you for some crazy reason you don't see it, feel free to create it. We encourage creativity - it's the reason the site exists. Other than Eric (our founder) having way too much free time on his hands!

To shamelessly advertise my own roleplays, you should check out my newest roleplay, When the Lion Wakes, which is my typical modern/realistic setting, and is a character-driven story about crime and terrorism. We already started the IC thread, but are still accepting characters through September 2010. (We're looking for terrorist, FBI agent, and CIA agent characters, but other characters are also welcome; all characters are original characters created by their writers.) This one asks for a minimum of one post every two weeks (more is accepted, of course, and less is permitted with discussion with myself). It could be a great way to open up to realism, as it is a realistic setting, but in my opinion, could be a form of escapism for the writer as well...

Be sure to take a look at the site rules. There are only five of them, but they're all integral to the continued success of this community. Members on this site use the forums, the chat system, and the Roleplay Tab system for roleplaying. For help with the Roleplay Tab system, which is unique to our site, you might want to look at this user written guide. By the way, my reference guide, Ylanne's Guide to Roleplay Terminology includes not only general roleplaying terms (useful for those new to roleplaying altogether), but also a number of terms used specifically on this site (useful for anyone new to this site, or anyone acclimated to slightly different terminology).

Dialogue and its usage depends on the roleplay you are writing for. Most forum based roleplays simply require something like:

"Any updates from FBI?" Robert was on the floor now, coordinating the work flow of his team.

"No, sir. Nothing yet. Either they aren't sending information, or the higher-ups aren't passing it down." Geoff, a data analyst, voiced his boss' own thoughts.

"Try to see what you can find out. We need to know what is happening with Ali."

"Yes sir."
(taken from When the Lion Wakes, a post by Lord Saladin (aka Combatant876))

In which dialogue is written in typical, paragraph form, as one would in a story. I hope this is helpful!

And once again, welcome! I hope to see you more often around the forums. If you need anything or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mummydove on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:54 pm

No comment on the title, anyways hello Danny and welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy the time you spend here. Oh and just wanted to let you know I really liked your Icon picture, it’s cute.

mummydove
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!